Saga

No bait, why do people like this?

Because it has Brian K. Vaugahan's name on the cover. Although I enjoy it, whaat' your issue with it?

It has above average art and writing, and it demands very little of the people that read it.

It's a good comic for people that don't read comics.

Most people with more experience in the medium aren't as enamored with it.

Swearing, nudity, and gore/violence make people feel "mature" and "euphoric"

Baby's first image comic.

I got into it for Fiona Staples' art, because I really liked her work on North 40 and Northlanders 'The Sea Road'

However I'm not a huge BKV fan and I eventually hit a wall with it where I wasn't really interested month-to-month. Once it's all wrapped up I'll probably try and read the whole thing in one go, that's what I did with Y: the Last Man. I did read one issue recently which I was pointed to because Fiona Staples gave a shout-out to one of my favourite webcomics, Unsounded.

Ok then Patrician-san, please accept me as your apprentice and give me a reading list of books so that I may become a more experienced consumer like you.

No bait, why do people hate this?

*Cough*

>writing
ha, that's a good one. BKV sucks at relationship based series.

It's the best piece of written fiction ever made.

>gully-gully intensifies
Matt's face only gets more punchable as time goes on.

I like it. It's like a solid, long running tv show. Some spectacular moments here and there, some wheel spinning though, but great art, fun characters, some warmth and pathos, cool concepts. Not my favorite book, or top three even, but a consistently good read.

I understand where you're coming from, but I by what I said. The list I would make would include everything you'd know of already. It's not hard to find stuff better than Saga.

Saga isn't bad, but I don't understand why it's treated as the second coming of Jesus Christ.

It's pretty good. Not great.

haha, remember that one time they made a two page spread of a dragon sucking its own dick?

It's weirdly addicting (probably because of it's art in my opinion). I don't particularly like the main characters and I think Hazel is a patronizing 'too deep 4 you faggot' and 'I'm totally telling the truths of everything because i've seen and know all' narrator whose voice over could have been completely removed from the comic without changing a thing. Plus it can get really heavy handed and pretentious at times…but you kinda want to see more the more you read.

Also why are so many people chasing after the couple and their kid?

They're never really shown to be particularly powerful or noteworthy in any way despite what everyone says. If anything in real life these kinds of Romeo and Juliet couples are just killed off/ignored in leu of more important things and people that need attention. Like two people of opposing sides fell in love and had a kid…so what? In WW1 and 2 and other conflicts nobody's morale would drop because of two desserter faggots copulating.

I actually just wanted you to recc me something to read

how does a man be wrong like 80% of the time

>above average art and writing
>"we're people of color"
>self-fellating dragon
>masturbating robot
>alana getting darker every issue

i don't know why i keep buying saga*

*hardcover compendiums

It's smart, it's funny, it's touching in some places, and I want to see where it all goes.

I miss when it was just "kid tries to juggle school and super hero stuff".

Does Pat ever do research on any game they play? He has to be getting tired of being wrong at some point.

that lasted like 20 issues

Nah the rise of robot was pretty great imo, by that time there's this fully fleshed out comic universe that is just like the M or DCU but without the ridiculous amount of alternative timelines.

I think the art is pretty meh

It is an incredibly indulgent (read: full of sexual fetishes) allegory for the Iraq War that perfectly captures the voice and feeling of millennials in post-9/11 America.

Matt gets all his comic opinions from NeoGaf, a couple times he's tired to bring up " Frank Miller was never good"

Because it's the first comic they've ever read

go away BKV

>80%

That's lowballing it, user.

I've started reading this I don't know how many times. I get bored and quit each time. I've learned to not trust the Eisners

you are now racist, transphobic and homophobic.

>waiting this long to disregard the Eisners

>I've learned to not trust the Eisners
Don't trust any award show

Have a copy and pasted list of recommended reading I made for a friend who just got into the medium.

Also I am not that guy
>pls no bully

Saga of the Swamp Thing
Miracleman
V for Vendetta
Watchmen
Blast
Severed
Sandman
Batman Year One
Batman DKR
Batman TKJ
Batman Arkham Asylum
Sin City
Sin City A Dame to Kill For
Superman Red Son
All Star Superman
Lex Luthor Man of Steel
Joker

Okay so this is totally playing up to my fetish of spider-women but I still hated the first few issues too much to keep reading, what do I do?

Prince Robot. The Will/Billy, the comet girl, the gay fishman journalists. It has a very good supporting cast.

I just want to see Prince Robot get lovingly railed and have the happy life he deserves

Luthor and Joker suck, don't recommend them to people. Recommend Lucifer instead, it's Sandman's superior spin-off.

W O R L D B U I L D I N G

^ my reason

My first Image comic was The Walking Dead. I quit after issue 48.

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Johnathan Hickman's Image comics?

I loved The Nightly News and A Red Mass for Mars.

This comic made me attracted to spiders...sexually.

>Johnathan Hickman's Image comics?

I love Manhattan Projects for the art, the writing nothing special, but it's not bad enough to make me stop reading either.

Would you recommend it? I had the same opinion after reading A Red Mass for Mars and The Nightly News.

That is the most shill post I've ever seen.

Okay...good to know.
>user thinks I give a shit about his opinion.

It's a good comic that is slowly going up it's own ass. The initial arcs are rather good with the set up but as it goes the world building is becoming well more parody than outright interesting. Like the Abortion Land fits more in South Park than Saga. It goes for more symbolism at the expense of world building and logical follow through. It doesn't help BKV kills way too many characters off making it hard to be attached to anyone you see.

nailed it.

>Fiona Staples gave a shout-out to one of my favourite webcomics, Unsounded.
No way!

Yeah, it was a few issues back now.

Just started reading it. Don't really see what all the hate is for; I think you folks just don't like stories period.