"I don't fight. I usually run away."

>"I don't fight. I usually run away."

Ok Flashfags tell me, is this a good representation of the character? I don't know squat about Flash other than what I see in animated material.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QXZWBJ-KKaU&t=121s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No superhero would ever say that. Especially not Flash.

>not destroying the time stream to save his mother, his not-girlfriend, and his not-girlfriend's brother

Not mah Barry!

No, they failed in absolutely everything but the name, he looks nothing like him, he behaves nothing like him. He's basically what normies believe Flash is, a Sheldon Cooper with Ironman suit who runs fast.

No
This Flash doesn't look like Barry or Wally, it's almost a new character

He's nothing like any version of Flash so it doesn't really matter. If if makes sense on its own is how I'll judge it.

>He's basically what normies believe Flash is, a Sheldon Cooper with Ironman suit who runs fast.

Normies don't think that.

>DCEU
>is this a good representation of the character

The ones I know do.

He doesnt act like Barry or Wally, so I have to say no. That said, the statement does make a weird sort of sense for a newly empowered speedster. He hasn't fought anybody that could challenge him yet

Ok so does Barry Allen have a distinct personality in the comics like Supes and Bats or is he just generic noble white guy #6489?

Like I'm a Marvelfag and I think Paul Rudd's portrayal of Scott Lang helped in fleshing out his personality in the books.

Barry is the introverted nice guy

>Sheldon Cooper with Ironman suit
Fuck, now I can't remove that image from my head

I didn't see the trailer and don't care but that line is not necessarily out of character, because typically in Flash comics he doesn't fight villains in a literal sense of punching them, rather he defeats them and their plans/traps with clever speed tricks.

That's kinda what people repeatedly fail to get about the Flash when they post LOL ATTOSECOND XD and really just superheroes in general. Of course they always win in a straight fight. What made them interesting in the Golden and Silver Ages is that they would have to solve problems with their powers, not just beat up a guy.

He does, he's the classic upstanding American citizen. He's a cop, he's a boy scout, he's the kind of guy who instinctively runs to help when he sees someone in trouble.

And if you think that's "generic" I challenge you to name 5 characters who are actually like that. I always hear that he's a "generic hero type" but if you look at the other heroes of the time, Hal, Superman, Batman, etc. none of them are actually like that. I blame the 60's Batman show for making people think that's some kind of overused superhero archetype.

dad jokes: the character

He's autistic now, he doesn't get jokes, gets everything literal, wants to have friends because they told him he should get friends, thinks outloud, etc.

Half the normies don't what Flash is, the other half only have exposure to him via TBBT - so yes, user is right.

Barry Allen is the All-American guy. He is sweet and upright but he'll knock your teeth out if it's righteous to do so.

Barry Allen used his smarts to save the day, but he wasn't shy about fighting and I'd say he always had a temper.

>He does, he's the classic upstanding American citizen. He's a cop, he's a boy scout, he's the kind of guy who instinctively runs to help when he sees someone in trouble.
Hal Jordan, Clark Kent, Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, and Dick Grayson all do this but with more personality, Hal possibly excepted. What you listed isn't character traits, it's the bare minimum required to be a hero.

Ezra Miller cosplaying Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist is more like the Flash than Ezra Miller actually portraying the Flash in the DCEU.

>And if you think that's "generic" I challenge you to name 5 characters who are actually like that.

Cap, Spidey, Supes, Hal Jordan, Cyclops

He's a lite version of Spiderman, wisecracking but tunned down, enough to keep the team together which is what he does best, he's the glue of the team. But unlike Spiderman, Barry has confidence and never doubts himself.

Though this may vary depending on the writer.

It hurts that you're right.

He's at the beginning of his career and has no rogues. Of course he hasn't fought anyone yet.

Peter Parker and Hal Jordan are assholes.

See this is why he's kind of a boring character. Spider-Man wisecracks because being a chatterbox helps him deal with his nerves during battle. Barry doesn't really have flaws like Peter does so when he wisecracks he's just kind of an asshole.

Peter Parker isn't any more of an asshole than the Flash, unless "asshole" means "interesting character."

Barry is generic noble hero man in the comics.

The "wise cracking goofball" was Wally, and in most adaptations they give Barry those personality traits so he isn't so boring.

I'm a Marvelfag so I'll accept being wrong about Hal but Peter is most definitely not an asshole. He rivals Cap for being the ultimate good in Marvel.

I would rather have a Barry that jobs to mere mortals and fucks up the timeline

That's Wally, you mong. Barry's fucking boring, its only his powers and rouges that keep him interesting to read. He's a highlight of the Justice League only when he's around Hal because their personalities bounce off each other with.

Hal was nothing like that. He always had a rash and impulsive side.
Clark is a liberal, Barry is a more conservative type. Clark is the kind of guy who would bring food to a homeless guy, Barry would give him a job. And that's not to mention the fact that Silver Age Superman was made for little kids and he was weirdly narcissistic, because like Batman's "Blue Boy Scout" days that went away a few years later. And yes, the "Blue Boy Scout" name does originate with Batman, "Big Blue Boy Scout" was a name given to Superman in the late 70's.
Steve and Barry are similar, yes.
Peter Parker is not anything like Barry. Peter struggles between doing the right thing and doing the self-serving thing. For Barry there is no self-serving thing, doing the right thing is the only option.
Dick is definitely nothing like that, don't really see where you can get that.

If you don't know, then why do you care?

...are you confused with the Blue Ranger in the Power Rangers Reboot? Nothing about any press said Flash has a case of the Tism.

But he's had confrontations with people though. He sent Captain Boomerang to prison along with several other petty criminals

Replace them with Colossus and pre-Archangel Angel.

I mean, maybe after 20+ years of sanitized saturday morning cartoon Spidey. ditko peter lashed out at people all the time, though mostly in his internal monologue.

Just as an example, he loved May deeply but also thought that in some ways she was a burden and caring for her was another frustrating responsibility that he had to deal with. Modern day Spidey would never think that about May because he is perfect and his well of caring is endless, unlike the average dude that he was envisioned as.

Wally was never a goofball, that was Bart. Wally was a dry humor asshole Chad.

Peter's first impuse is to be selfish. That's the entire reason he needs the shock of Uncle Ben dying Even Spider-man's allies think he's obnoxious. He's hung up the tights whenever the going gets tough so often that it's a meme at this point.
He rises above it to do the right thing and that's admirable, but yeah, Peter's kind of an asshole.

Yeah, after pushing them and running away.

That's not even Wally, it's cartoon Wally. Not unusual for people who've only watched the cartoons think they know jack shit.

Comics Wally was a kid who let fame, money and power go to his head but grew to be more like his idol Barry over time.

If by Modern Spidey you mean Slott Spidey. JMS Spidey still had those very human moments of getting fed up with shit. God I miss those days. I'll take Sins Past a thousand times over Slott.

Fair enough I'll give you that.

>t. person who doesn't know dick about Spider-Man

Spider-Man isn't selfish any more than Bruce Wayne is eight years old. Characters change outside their origins.

See you're arguing specifics when we're talking about archetypes. At the end of the day, Barry still doesn't have any interesting or unique personality quirks. He's just the bare minimum for what a hero needs to be.

I've sort of grown to hate DCAU Wally because of this. Just a lot of fucking casuals who think he's a good adaption but he's just an OC like basically every other Flash we've ever seen outside of comics.

Face the facts, we can't have a Barry Allen to be like from the comics or people will call him boring and not inspiring. Captain America may be well liked, but we can't always have every single character be like the comics... mind you there has to be a limit on what you do outside so you don't destroy the very foundation like Arrow did.

i really hate that modern day spider-man fans feel like the uncle ben moment was when he ascended from base human impulses and became an endless well of empathy and caring rather than Uncle ben being the first step on a long journey of growth and self improvement.

That sort of story works better in ~2 hour movies, i guess. To show somebody gradually change and grow over time you need a tv show or...a comic book.

Did you watch the trailers? specially the scene where he meets Bruce

t. cartoonfag
Saint Peter is only a thing in animation. Comics Peter is constantly struggling to do the right thing.
Also, given how often they reset him, it's laughable that you'd claim his starting point is irrelevant

He just says he has no friends. You don't need autismus to not have friends irl. Look at everyone here.

Spider-Man's been around for a long time. He's had time to grow.

Just look here. He's not having a crisis because he wants to be selfish. He's having a crisis because he thinks he's fucked up and hasn't been able to save enough people.

>Saint Peter is only a thing in animation. Comics Peter is constantly struggling to do the right thing.

I dunno man, I feel like sanitized Saint Peter has been a thing for at least a decade now. It's sad, but the constant reminder of progression and growth that was the Spider-Marriage ripped out the soul of the character.

>the other half only have exposure to him via TBBT

But that's wrong too. He's barely featured in TBBT. Most normies assume he's the fun-loving quipster that the DCAU made popular. Now that the CW show is getting popular some also view him as an endearingly nerdy nice guy with bouts of emo.

CW Barry is a fucking psychopath

Comics Peter is still a good person and not an asshole, though.

>I dunno man, I feel like sanitized Saint Peter has been a thing for at least a decade now.
A lot of that last decade hasn't even been Peter as Spider-man. It's been fucking Otto. Then Peter became Tony Stark lite.
And before all that? We had Peter literally making deals with the devil rather than grow up and let his eighty year old aunt die. Then he literally puts on an all black costume to edge the fuck out and breaks into prison to beat the shit out of Kingpin.
The idea that he's a squeaky clean face is just stupid.

You can be a good person AND kind of an asshole, man. They're not mutually exclusive and I never claimed they were. Peter's actions are good. His personality is kind of a dick.

Eobard pls

I like that you posted those pages, because they're good pages, and I think ultimately it all comes from the place with what we're talking about.

Peter is having a crisis because he's scared of letting everyone down, like he's always been scared of. He's giving into his fears and his traumas, and he's beating himself up, and THAT is selfish as Doctor Strange points out. While this Peter isn't a 16 year old being outright, transparently angry, he's still fucking up in that he's indulging his bad emotions when he shouldn't, and he has to rely on his friend to pull him out of a dark place where he can't think straight.

Peter is both, that's the key of his character and why he was relatable in the first place. He's driven by his emotions. He does good things and cares for people, but he is not perfect and makes bad decisions.

>A lot of that last decade hasn't even been Peter as Spider-man
SSM ran for less than two years.

>And before all that? We had Peter literally making deals with the devil rather than grow up and let his eighty year old aunt die.
Fuck off, everyone knows that was bullshit editorial and they PAINFULLY went out of their way to show Peter dindu nuffin and it was all MJ's fault.

>Then he literally puts on an all black costume to edge the fuck out and breaks into prison to beat the shit out of Kingpin

1. That happened before the aforementioned deal, so you clearly have zero idea of what you're talking about.

2. The reason that event is so striking is BECAUSE IT'S A COMPLETE DEPARTURE OF WHAT IS NORMAL. It's what happens when a good man is broken down, not an asshole just doing his ordinary thing.

Seriously, fucking think for a second instead of shooting your mouth off.

Jay - You're good american values superhero

Barry - Upstanding citizen who does the right thing just for the sake of it. Kind of a stickler. Current version is more like Wally.

Wally - A more humanized version of Barry, who stumbles along the way before he becomes like his mentor.

Bart - The spastic quipster that people associate with the other Flashes.

Flash thread?

*your

But the original contention is that Peter isn't a boyscout. He is. He absolutely is. That's why Barry Allen is a weak character comparatively - Peter has all of his archetype but with more complexity and depth.

I said "last ten years" because while I don't think all that highly of JMS Spidey as a whole, it has a lot of great shit and I was specifically calling out the meandering bullshit that has been the comic since.

Yes, he pushed him and ran away. He hasn't done battle before so I don't see anytning wrong with the phrase. Sup Forums autists are making it out to be as if he said he runs away from confrontations.

>>Ok Flashfags tell me, is this a good representation of the character?
I've seen all four DCEU movies and almost no character short of Wonder Woman, but strictly in her own movie, and MAYBE Harley were a good representation of any character.

>Superman is a brooding, "why me god" asshole despite the fact that Cavill is the personification of charming
>Batman is an incredibly illogical serial killer
>Lex Luthor is like.... the Joker? But he might not actually be THE lex luthor?
>The Joker is a tatted gangster thats acts like he's trying too hard to seem crazy but isn't actually insane
>Lois exists for exposition in MoS, I don't even remember her doing anything in BvS besides chucking a spear
>Enchantress is the worlds worst archeologist I guess
>Waller assembles a crew to fight Superman level threats but only has one character with real superpowers that isn't remotely on Superman's level and murders her subordinates to cover up her incompetence
>Croc is a generic nigger (DUDE BET LOL)
>Aquaman seems to be some broish guy? I don't know, maybe they're trying to do a TB&TB type thing with him

But hey Cyborg looks boring as shit, so at least they got that right.

>Waller assembles a crew to fight Superman level threats but only has one character with real superpowers that isn't remotely on Superman's level

that was just a sales pitch, she knows that but the military brass don't

Whats stupid is how the squad was totally misused and undermined the entire concept of the task force

Okay, lets say thats true.

She still created the villain of the movie and then murders everyone that knows about it.

What the fuck, man.

Every single DCEU representation has been good.

*not

What he actually said is "It's cool that you guys are ready to do battle, but I've never done that. I just push people and then run away." He's not saying he runs away from fights. He's saying the he's only ever dealt with the occasional thug (like Boomerang and Slipknot, or that mugger at the convenience store) in his superhero career. Therefore he's somewhat intimidated by actually fighting in a war, especially since the Flash (usually) isn't in "speed mode" unless he activates it consciously, meaning the slightest bit of negligence can still get him gunned down like anyone else.

>Hal is an asshole

He may be many things, but he isn't an asshole.

Deadshot is accurate. Cold professional and scumbag who enjoys murder more than money yet still blames his misfortunes on Batman.

Im half expecting a moment similar to this in Justice League, but I doubt it will be as good
youtube.com/watch?v=QXZWBJ-KKaU&t=121s

Wait until Brainiac's the main villain of Justice League 3 for them to recreate this scene.

I dont recall Lawton having a "no women or children" policy. They really drove home the daughter angle trying to make him look redeemable

>make a script where Flagg is the main character
>end up with Will Smith playing the side character
>Oh shit we need to give him some likability, shove in some scenes really fast

Well he hasn't been superheroing so he hasn't got into a fight, or that's what I think it's alluding.

>surprise Waller creates her own villain

its like you dont even read comics

you're retarded you know that

Superman has literally a single scene of brooding and gets over it via meditation on a mountain

Batman starts and stops killing in the span of BvS

Lex Luthor is Lex, Joker would never have a plan that elobrate or have that much control over everything going on.
Joker has been gangster for MOST of his existence.
Lois is guided by Jor El to escape and help bring down one of the ships, in BvS she is the one who discovers Luthor's whole plan.

Croc has always been black.

You never read bearded Aquaman comics?
God your level of pleb is astounding. It really, really is. You should just kill yourself.

>literally Sup Forums responses
you have to go back

I'm willing to bet everyone complaining about Barry not acting this way in the comics are the same people who complained about Peter's character in Homecoming.
It's so painfully obvious that his arc is about becoming the Flash we want him to be, he has to start somewhere.

Really the main difference between Comic Wally and Cartoon Wally is Toon Wally wasn't so much about Barry.

He was still an impatient, often myopic and irresponsible but ultimately good guy. And a wise ass.

Next the next episode, The Flash takes on his arch nemesis, Captain Slow.

There is the turtle, the slowest man alive

He said "I just push some people and run away".

He's referring to the fact that (presumably) up to that point he hasn't encountered super powerful alien enemies to fight with.

He said he mostly pushes criminals, he is basically saying no one has been a challenge to him, of course he hasnt fought yet

So... Waller.

You niggers complain abiut characters you clearly don't know.
Suicide Squad was always a bullshit team and waller has been using metas as a excuse for all the shit she does. It was a sales pitch and nothing more.

>The "he has to work his way up" episode

Every keeps using this fucking excuse with ever comic film. Either a character isn't what they seem (Lexenburg and his father is the real Lex) or character has to work their way up to being the character people know (Cavill Supes).

They aren't building him up to be like silver age Barry. They've committed to this version of the character. And I'm generally fine with that. What I dread is they try and make Barry in the comics more like Ezra Flash and entire host of normies will further associate his character as this introverted, neurotic type.

But it would make no narrative sense to have Barry be "I run away from the fight" at both the start and end of the film. He's going to learn not to do this during the climax, I don't understand why everyone denies basic character development. What else would they do with him?