Scott Snyder: We have big plans for CAPTAIN MARVEL and the MARVEL FAMILY

>newsarama.com/35685-scott-snyder-big-plans-for-hawkman-captain-marvel-more-post-metal.html

If they start cappimg Billy his proper name again, there will be much rejoicing.

>We
No Snyder on Marvels

Wonder who they will have write it. Hope they get someone good. Personally would like to see Ennis on it.

ennis writing kids is a terrifying thought

give him Superman instead

This is nothing.

Didio already said last week no book was coming soon. If something was actually in the works he would have sad something more like "look for news soon on that" but he really downplayed everything.

Boy I can't wait for all the people who have been screaming for a book for the past 5 years to not buy it.

Down to 20k by issue 3 and cancelled by 12.

Morrison, Ross, or Robinson would be good.

>coming soon
If it is after Metal then that's like 8 months. Plus they just announced books like The Terrifics.

JUST BRING BACK THE GODDAMN JSA ALREADY

IT'S BEEN 7 GODDAMN YEARS HOLY SHIT

JAY GARRICK HAS TO DO MORE THAN JUST SHOW UP GOD DAMN I HATE THIS COMPANY SO MUCH

Nooooo, I wanted a Shazam ongoing, but not like this!

Oh who am I kidding? DC has been promising us a Captain Marvel ongoing since New 52 and they have yet to deliver, I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope that they don't have Snyder writing it...

Sorry, but people from DC have been saying they have "big plans" for Captain Marvel for years now and nothing is coming of it. I'll be excited when I see an announcement and not a second sooner.

Parker and Shaner are the only option.

Well, to be fair, I don't want them to bring out a JSA book just for the sake of it, they have to have the right people. And they HAD a JSA book, it was just a pile of utter horseshit that had nothing to do with the JSA.

I have a feeling Johns is gonna be writing it after Doomsday Clock and that's the only reason there's no book right now.

Is there something about Ennis and Superman I haven't read?

It looks like Cap's getting his old costume again, too.

Hitman #34

I'm not a Morrison fan at all, but I absolutely loved Thunderworld

i would just love it if they decide to call him Captain Marvel in the movie, possibly forcing Marvel to use Ms. Marvel as Carol's name to avoid confusion.

Especially if they stick a big "THE ORIGINAL CAPTAIN MARVEL" on all the promotional material like they did on the old comic covers.

Hahaha. That would be great.

Carol's movie is coming out first.

I know he's currently slated to be playing Deathstroke, but if the character is taken out of The Batman (since we know they're now starting from scratch) I think it would be smart for WB to cast Manganiello as Captain Marvel. When you think about it, he's prefect for the role. Has the look and is the exact same height as The Rock.

I don't think he has the look at tall but I guess I'd be fine with that

But could he act like him

>implying it won't get delayed due to creative differences or time needed to animate the skrulls

Can't be, Avengers 4 is two months after.

Same. Would be fantastic if the Marvel family in Rebirth was based on that. A real classic feel.

Calling him Shazam never really made any since since the whole premise is that saying the word causes the transformation. Changing it to "saying it earnestly" or some shit fucks it all up.

His movie is being fast track. There will be synergy at hand.

They would have hinted toward it at SDCC if it was that soon. We're getting a Hawkman mini but nothing for Billy. Movie being fastracked means nothing. They have trades they can reprint for that. Most of Power of Shazam isn't even collected, for example.

Snyder is probably just going to seed some stupid bullshit in Metal that will have to be ignored in an actual ongoing.

>We're getting a Hawkman mini
One-shot, with hints at an ongoing afterwards.

I was really hoping the movie would be a lot like the animated short The Return of Black Adam, except without Superman. But The Rock is apparently not going to be in it, so I'm guessing the villain will be Sivana. Other than that, I hope the origin is similar to that, except include Mary and Freddie and no racebending. Maybe cast a black guy as Tawky Tawny if they want nonwhite characters. Or those diversity kids Johns created, except minimize their role instead elevating them to Mary/Freddie status like the New 52 did.

Tomasi. Just so long as he doesn't have to step down from Superman and/or Super Sons to do it.

Did he, Lee or Johns say anything about LOSH or JSA and SDCC?

I'd also nominate Frank Langella as Shazam and Jackie Earle Haley as Sivana.

Is that Lemire thing seriously only one issue? Goddamn

>suddenly plans for Captain Marvel
>reports are that his movie is being filmed next in early 2018

I don't mind.

it's one issue, but Lemire has been heavily implying an ongoing will follow

Not that I recall, there's that not-Tinya Phantom Girl in Terrifics though

Christopher Lee would have been the ideal Shazam, but this is good too since that's not possible.

>snyder
>captain marvel

>Then again, Snyder called the Shazam character "Captain Marvel" and his friends the "Marvel family"
THANK YOU BASED DC.

So did Morrison in Multiversity. They better go back to calling him Captain Marvel, fuck Marvel. Calling the book Shazam would be fine.

Convergence too but I guess that's a gimmie because it was a throwback series.

Pre-Rebirth there were a couple of mistakes where people did it too and the editors didn't catch it. I remember one in the Superbooks during Truth.

>Scott Snyder
Is he going to make Black Atom kill his mother and shave his hair into a mohawk?
Or maybe he'll cut off his face and then put it back on again.

Fucking talentless hack.

>Or maybe he'll cut off his face and then put it back on again.

Wasn't that Tony Daniel?

>When I was a child, my father would tell me stories
>Actually, I'm still a child, and my father wasn't alive to tell me stories

Tony Daniel started it, but Snyder did the thing with the wearing the face in the plumber outfit and the edgelord personality.

Snyder asked him to do that.

If possible, I would prefer to bring back the Whiz Comics title with the original numbering desu. It's sounds better and makes sense considering the theme of Rebirth.

They should bring back Whiz Comics, I agree. Maybe work on reviving some of Fawcett's other characters, too. Spy Smasher was neat.

I wonder who they'd cast as the adult form of Mary and if they'd make Freddie stay the same like the comics or give him an adult version like when he was briefly took the mantle prior to the reboot.

For transformed Mary, I'd cast someone like Anne Hathaway or maybe Anna Kendrick.

That was a really good short movie. WIsh they still made them.

Yeah. That would be good too.

I like this idea.

Because of the poster in the kid's room in that one comic?

Just call the movie THE POWER OF SHAZAM

Shazam lets Billy come up with the name Captain Marvel since that's what a kid would do

Get the Allred family to write and draw the book. Their Bug has been old school pulp fun.

Ennis and Captain marvel are an oxymoron
It would be magnificent.

top fucking kek

>I can say that there are definitely big plans at DC for Shazam and for Captain Marvel and the whole Marvel family.

>Captain Marvel
>Marvel family

It's happening. The dream is not dead.

God bless Rebirth, and God bless DC Comics.

Will THE REAL CAPTAIN MARVEL please stand up

I always thought they should keep his name as Captain Marvel in the movies. It'd be a great gag where people think he's yelling his name when he uses his powers.
You could also make names a big part of the movie's theme, actually. It'd make a great dynamic where Adam keeps calling him "Billy", ignoring his preference for the superhero name. Shazam calls him William in contrast, something that the Johns story did that was pretty neat. And the public calls him a superhero name. Something about that, and Billy finding which one he identifies most with, could make for an interesting arc. He's most likely getting aged up in the movie, so it stands to reason that a teenager would be trying to figure things out.

If normies can handle three versions of Spider-Man and two versions of Quicksilver, they can handle two different characters that happened to be named Captain Marvel.

Hey there.

>But The Rock is apparently not going to be in
Why the hell not? He's been attached to this project for years, why are they taking him out now? Half the reason I wanted this film was to see Black Adam and Billy duke it out on tyhe big screen.

Spooky. I hope they don't mess him up. I also hope Mary Marvel becomes great again.

They got a cease and desist for that

Would Carol become Black Adam's concubine?