Made same-sex relationship illegal

>made same-sex relationship illegal

I think we all know now who the best fire lord was.

The fact that he had to outlaw it was fucking stupid. What, faggots couldn't just bugger each other behind closed doors and pretending to be normal in public like they did for thousands of years IRL?

was this implied in the show?

No. His whole end game in the show was to spread fire nation culture all over the world(by force). This would include tolerance to same-sex couples.

It's in the comics, they made Kyoshi bisexual too

Remember kids. Homophobia is worse than genocide.

Kill all straight white males.

Please, we all know he did that because he was bitter over Roku rejecting him.

Shit like this is why i refuse to acknowledge anything past the OS.

Also they writer made a massive continuity mistake

>Kyoshi fought against homophobia
>even though she lived before Sozin and Roku, when no one cared about gay people being together

>white

But they're all variants of azn.

>the

Fixed

it's not that no one cared it just wasnt outlawed

>It's in the comics, they made Kyoshi bisexual too
I like how it's meant to add diversity, but of course it's the woman who was actually bisexual, because only women are bi in fiction

It's called world building.

this is very asspull, in the original show, the fire natil was mayeb the most cultural advanced nation, they had womans in high army ranks, while the water tribe still keep womans as just housewifes.

should have been Kuruk. He seemed like the kind of avatar who would revel in a victory getting drunk and fucking everything in the room

that doesn't mean they can't hate gays. we just banned trans from our military via tweet

kya's gay too

so that's why azula wants to be firelord.

her lesbian harem.

YAAASS KORRA YAAAAAASSS!!
*snaps fingers*
take that bigoted homophobic comic book readers! *gives middle finger and smirks*

That sound kinda legit, you can't make any progress if you're bisexual or straight

Cause lesbians are safe gay. You get bonus points with the left for representation and you don't make the right too made cause two girls kissing is hot.

I'm not surprised they made Sozin the homophobic boogeyman, he pretty much represents everything the left hates.

>Nationalistic
>Imperialistic
>Believed that the people of the other nations lived less comfortable lives then in his country and wanted to help them which is the closest thing to the white mans burden in Avatarverse

But I'm sure they are going to completely ignore that he was a great guy until the war and even seemed to regret starting the war later on in life.

>we just
"we" didn't

This

Sup Forums was right again

When has Sup Forums ever been wrong?

most always

I still don't get it how someone can't believe in Sup Forums after the Bill Nye fiasco

For some reason Kyoshi struck me as super conservative.
I mean wasn't she willing to let the Earth Kingdom get torn asunder until it was effecting MUH HISTORY AND HERITAGE and made fucking secret police.
I don't think she'd go around beating up gays but she'd be more "I don't like it and this hole is for husband dick"

Pizzagate

When suddenly everybody became gay?

When we gave Gays the rights to be gay in public. Now their running around insisting that everyone else is actually gay too and getting butthurt if they don't get their representation. Morals be damned, things were better when they lived in fear and hiding. At least then they would keep their faggotry to themselves.

Wow, are these comics anything but gay propaganda? Why are they wasting pages talking about this shit. Why aren't they talking about finding the next evil whatever or something plot related. This is completely pointless to anyone other than the 2% gays who need to be validated by everything apparently.

It's called jamming the writer's SJW agenda into the canon by force, whether it makes any sense or not.

That is an edit, there is no fucking way that's real

Can someone just post this shit show so we can move on to the next thing that'll piss us off

weve been bitchng over korra for 3 years

Yeah, not even Samurai Jack having a TTGL ending was enought to make us stop

>Korra I don't think you're treating me fairly
>"Fairly", Mako? I don't think a straight fire nation male like you has ever experienced true injustice in your entire life-
>Korra, me and Bolin lived on the street most our life!!
>Manterrupting AND mansplaining? *tsk tsk* Literally Sozin.

but you could've had a chance, OP.

I have no problem with faggots but this is the most blatant agenda pushing shit I've ever seen.
I'm rlly tired of this everyone has to be gay now thing writers and artists are doing. So Kyoshi is randomly gay now to push an agenda... ok

Jesus the amount of saltines over Koras ending could fill the fucking Dead Sea twofold

>has better tech than anyone else on the planet
>gets shit done
>guy in charge isn't a figurehead for a shadow government
Yup, checks out

it was to get back at roku for rejecting him

The saddest words ever written by men
Is "I can't believe Sup Forums was right again!"

Comet Niribu
The Internet supposedly getting shut down back in late 2016

YOU'RE A FUCKING FIRE NATION MALE!

>Kyoshi, Kya, Korra and Asami are bi/gay women
>the only confirmed gay male character is Aiwei and he's fucking dead and was a terrorist in life

>So Kyoshi is randomly gay now to push an agenda... ok
kyoshi banged everyone. like youd expect of the person who made a female only army

Is this for real?
Please tell me it is an edit

Just had someone pulling this on me in another thread

OY VEY WHY DON'T YOU FIRE BENDERS GIVE THE NEW AIR NATION REPARATIONS?! REMEMBER THE SIX GORILLION.

Korra is all about shitting over what made Avatar great. The original had a very eastern philosophy that good comes from a balance of virtues and evil is most often generated by one being perverted (e.g. Zuko's filial piety). The split between Sozin and Roku is framed as one between an iconoclast and a traditionalist.

It also got that apart from the past few decades liberalism/progressivism has historically been inseparable from nationalism. Think of Teddy Roosevelt's gunboat diplomacy or Napoleon dragging Europe kicking and screaming into the modern era.

>regrets the war
in a personal letter that nobody ever read

>great guy until the war
again, few people knew this. to the rest of the world Sozin was that asshole who started a war. he'd never get sympathy from anyone outside the fire nation.

These are 100% legit screenshots.

Sup Forums told me that Trump wasn't going to bomb Syria and attack their Airforce.

I'm talking about the writers.

she made male only army too, I think, the series ever showed any female Dai Li agents?

Does anyone else find it weird that Korra's reaction is so cartoonish? I feel like learning a person in a position of power made same-sex relationships illegal and that it could happen again in Korra's time should be sobering for her.

what user said
>It's called jamming the writer's SJW agenda into the canon by force, whether it makes any sense or not.

EPIC POST XD!!!!
>Upvotes over 9000 times

Korra being a child is litteraly the only thing the author didn't butcher.

I thought Kyoshi was a paranoid loner who never had any friends

shut up, Shlomo

everyday we get closer to the comblr purge

Someone I follow says there's an actual hint that there will be a conflict of some kind between Korra and Asami. Anyone know what it is? I assume it has something to do with the land around the spirit portal. Maybe Korra asked Asami to buy it and Asami is hesitant?

So it's just pre-nuke Japan?

I'd kill myself.

Which makes it even more fucked, because at least the bitch matured and calmed down by season 4, now Mike the cuck Martino is backtracking on his own storys canon.

>Same sex couples are part of fire nation culture
Makes sense.

>now Mike the cuck Martino is backtracking on his own storys canon.
That's pretty much been the entirety of Korra's show.

bolin dodged a bullet

I was going to say, it doesn't really sound like book 4 Korra. People probably died because they were gay and all Korra can say is that?

Its almost guaranteed they will make Lin gay.

>Anyone know what it is?
Let me guess, the conflict will be who's gonna be bottom and who's top

>KyaLin is semi-popular
Yeah I bet that or Wuko is gonna happen.

>Said death was also pretty fucked up
What did Bryke mean by this?

Nothing in the original show indicates that Sozin was for, or against same sex couples. He was more concerned with raping the Earth Kingdom for resources than who's sleeping with who. The comic just added the homophobia just to validate Korra and Asami's worthless relationship.

We don't know that. It's possible that Roku was against Same Sex Couples, and so was Aang.

They probably just drew his name out of a hat or something. Dunno' why they did that when Wu's right there.

>they had womans in high army ranks
Other than Azula, who was the princess and prodigal daughter, literally everyone else was male.

>We must secure the existence of our people and a future for airbender children

what did Aang mean by this?

>and so was Aang.
Kya talks about it and he wasn't.

>Nothing in the original show indicates that Sozin was for, or against same sex couples. He was more concerned with raping the Earth Kingdom for resources than who's sleeping with who. The comic just added the homophobia just to validate Korra and Asami's worthless relationship.
preach

>he doesnt pay attention to background grunts

>background grunts are high ranking officers

Undoing character growth was the sonic cycle of Korra seasons. Every season you think they've learned something but they start out the next one doing even stupider things.

Bolin (at the end of season 2): I promise I'm never going to be tricked into becoming a villains lackey again.
Kuvira: hey kid wanna /ᛋᛋ/?

>effecting MUH HISTORY AND HERITAGE and made fucking secret police.
Sounds like a very Liberal thing to do.

>The comic just added the homophobia just to validate Korra and Asami's worthless relationship.
As a disgusting bisexual I can tell you it wasn't about this, it was because Bryke are two straight guys who developed this world and setting in the early 2000s. LGBT characters were not even a tiny blip on their radar as far as that piece of world building goes. But instead of owning up to it and admitting they never thought about it (which would be fine, I'd rather have straight creators just admit this sort of thing when they're trying to rectify it) they feel like they have to provide a lore related explanation for why we've never heard of or seen any LGBT characters in the setting before, and the easiest quickest one is that being in a same-sex relationship was illegal or frowned upon, which usually is horribly played out.

I don't really care about the preservation of Sozin's good name, but I agree making him homophobic is kind of lazy writing. The best thing would've been to not make this whole thing about Korra and Asami coming out.

You can't have any shades of gray or complicated morality in the comics even if they were in the show. It would be too complicated and realistic.

indecisive men aren't attractive though

Are you implying wanting to fuck anything that moves is somehow indecisive?

>you can't have some tendencies without adopting the entire rest of the platform adopted by a political branch as it developed in one real-world country

Seriously why make Sozin outlaw gays? That doesn't even seem like something he would do. It's like making captain cold a nazi that hates dogs or some shit

So, how will Varrick react to Korra and Asami being a couple? Would he used them to make the first same sex mover staring Zhu Li and Ginger?

>and the easiest quickest one is that being in a same-sex relationship was illegal or frowned upon
Except Kya's explanation bounces back and forth between saying that homosexual relationships are accepted or not.

First she says that the Fire Nation was fine with gay people until Sozin's ascension to the throne. And it's AFTER that that she brings up Kyoshi, even though, as points out, Kyoshi predated Sozin and Roku so there's this weird ambiguous void where it's not clear when gays were hated or where - because the next panel is Ba Sing Se, not the Fire Nation.

He's gonna steal Asami's company again when they aren't looking

The LGBT community assumes they've always been hated, even though homosexual relationships were considered totally fine at various points in history.