I actually love this series of movies but I'm afraid it's getting milked way too much for its own good

I actually love this series of movies but I'm afraid it's getting milked way too much for its own good.

I mean, a TV show? Really?

The TV actually wasn't all that bad. I mean, it's not the savior of western animation, but considering the majority of shit that was on Nicktoons at the time (excluding TMNT) it was pretty fun.

It's not the quality I'm worried about, it's the charm of the series. Didn't they mention it's still going to have three movie sequels or something? Isn't that way too ambitious?

Just ignore the TV show. It's inconsequential.

Jeffry Katzenberg said dreamworks is planning on 6 films but it doesn't necessarily mean there WILL be 6 films

Never even saw the third one. Dreamworks in general just kind of petered out. How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda were huge for their first movies and then people just kind of stopped caring.

It's out of steam by now. I liked the first 2 films but the 3rd was a bore and there doesn't seem to be much interest for a new one. I think TV may be the only avenue for it to be milked more, a new movie would probably sink.

They delayed it or released it early (not sure which) to make room for Star Wars. It was released in January, like the deadzone of movies in the year.

The movie was still pretty good though. just slightly worse than the first two.

KFP 3 made more money than the other two.
But it really was so dull compared with the other two.

The TV show is fine really. Though as expected it does take some liberties with some stuff and plots tend to go "off". There was this one episode where Po uses time travel seeds and actually goes back to the beginning of time. There's even Tai Lung's nephew. It's inoffensive and could be entertaining.

Dude, the "TV Show" premiered six years ago. Kind of late to complain about the cow getting milked when that milk is so old it's now dust.

Kfp should end with 3. I mean Po mastered king fu, chi energy, found his father and is now a teacher. What else can you do after that? he practically reached the endgame. Only thing they might do is make a movie where he gets a love interest and throw in a random villian for plot which I don't want to happen because it'll feel cheesy and out of place.

Every Dreamworks franchise that successful enough gets milked way too much for its own good.

it did? I remember when they were talking about MAKING a tv show. I feel old

Dreamworks renaissance when? Take out Kung-fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon and they've had nothing memorable since Wallace and Grommit in fucking 2005. Hell, would we even call it a renaissance? Dreamworks has never even had three good movies in a row.

Worst thing about the show was that Lucy Liu still voiced Viper. All of the other Furious Five members got a ton of episodes, but Viper got one episode in the entire run of the show. She barely spoke half of the time, because Lucy Liu was still too big of a celebrity for them to afford using constantly.

I assume she only took the role because she had some contractual claim to it.

There were some weird episodes.

IMO Fenghuang, the alligators and the warthog father and son were the only good villains in the show

I liked Shifu's fox girlfriend. She was technically a villain in her episodes, even if she was redeemed.

looks bad

saw that episode.

the saving grace of the TV show is at least the other members of the five (and shifu) gets a chance to shine.

How To Train Your Dragon is still pretty big in Germany tho, it was mostly incompetence from Netflix and CN caused people to stop caring. I wouldn't even be surprised if Germany would be thier most important market considering how big that franchise is here.

The tv show was better than the last movie, dude. All them waifus, Po's continuous trouble with hooved women wanting some panda pounding...loved it. If only it had been done for Netflix. Nick's cgi crew sucks. That and the constant power-ramping Po was doing was a bad idea.

That is of course their stated business model; to find a franchise they can milk for many sequels.

Am I time travelling? Why the fuck is this thread happening now?

We're already three movies in, the fourth one will be made, and the show has had several seasons already.

2 > 1 > 3

>what is Disney in the 90s
>what is modern Pixar

I think a Netflix series could work if they picked it up like they did with HTTYD

I liked the show, only ever saw the first movie though.
The big bull was always fun IMO.

Oh yeah I forgot he existed. I like him too