Try to read a non-superhero comic

>try to read a non-superhero comic
>it bores the hell out of me

How do I stop being a pleb, Sup Forums?

That's the opposite of being pleb. Most non-cape stuff is just capes without costumes or moviebait shit that shouldn't be a comic in the first place.

Try to read the Klovis the Redeemer comics. If you get bored reading that you might just have shit taste.

>This is what Capeshit fags actually believe

I said most not all. There's still some good stuff, but chances are OP ran into the mundane shit just percentage-wise.

what did you try to read?

The only comics, no, on second thought, the only LITERATURE that matters at all in this day and age are superhero comics. Only children read shit outside the norm, like weebs.

And most cape stuff is lowest common denominator garbage, what's your point?

Saga, Plastic, and Paper Girls

how can you be bored by Saga and not by superhero comics? anyway, try reading Strangers in Paradise, American Splendor: Our Cancer Year, Love and Rockets, Persepolis, and Maus (don't let Sup Forums scare you away from the last two)

Here you go.

>Saga
What? It is arguably one of the best non cape comics ever made

Maybe you should read more comics.

This

OP here, in regards to superhero comics most of them I dislike, but there are a select few I'm pulling like the Young Animal books, Deathstroke, and New Super-Man that I'm enjoying.
In regards to Saga, I thought it was fine but nothing especially great, and I found it goes from either aping sci-fi concepts done better and adding weird stuff for the sake of it, and then just sprinkling sex, nudity and swearing to make it "adult". IDK, it just didn't enamore me like I thought it would

If you want a modern scifi comic, try Prophet.

Alternative comics suck and small press is a waste of time. Try reading Faust

Prophet gets really shitty half way through. Read Stephen Platt's issues instead

Apples and oranges, I don't know why you would even mention that except as a misdirection to confuse the OP.

The second volume of Prophet is better than any brandon graham comic. You just fell for the hipster hype

>hipster hype
Ah, there it is.
>a misdirection to confuse the OP

>shit that shouldn't be a comic in the first place.
Can you give any actual examples because i dont think you actually read comics at all

I honestly like Stephen platt more than the guys on the new series. Is that really too hard for you to accept? This is why people hate indiefags

>Is that really too hard for you to accept?
Your opinion isn't the problem. This is:
>This is why people hate indiefags

Be more subtle next time.

I suggest you read the OZ omnibus from marvel with art by Skottie Young or his series I Hate Fairyland

If you can't take a small insult you should probably leave. This is the way people post on Sup Forums faggot

>OP wants to read some indie comics
>"Gosh darn indiefags, I hate them so much! I'd better give OP some bad advice!"
>get called out for trying to mislead the OP
>"Lol, it's just Sup Forums."
Sure, whatever.

I'm not trolling. I'm speaking my mind. Indie comics are shit. And you can't handle my hot opinions

>Indie comics are shit.
Like I said, be more subtle next time.

>I don't ever leave my capeshit bubble so it's the only thing that matters!

Read this.

Comics are too much words words words
Manga is more show than tell (unless it's an infodump series)

>and Maus

Not Sup Forums here, Maus is fucking garbage. It's lazy in it's characterisation, has a stupid filler thing about the dudes mother, has ghastly art, and has no point other than "the holocaust was bad". Art Spiegelman is a fucking horrid comic book artists, and a pretentious one at that.

Don't read what this faggot recommended, that's a bunch of boring shit. Just try something cape-ish looking like Hellboy

Stop getting baited you fucking idiots

>Not Sup Forums here,

Sure thing Sup Forumsmblr

I thought the point was that author had a shitty relationship with his sort of fucked up dad.

>capeshit is for children
>I read lord of the rings and asoiaf instead

Simple cape addiction curation guide!

Hey there, buddy! Got problem with reading non-cape comics? Everything else seems boring? Don't worry, try these three patented steps, and you are guaranteed to broaden your horizons!

First of all, if everything else seems boring, it might be that you actually like action-adventure genre, where most superhero comics belong. Try reading non-cape action adventure or action-adventure like stories like Hellboy, BPRD, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Largo Winch, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Walking Dead and Judge Dredd.
Also you can try action-adventure manga, a lot of it is very similar in tone to capeshit, and it's a good way for a 'small steps' transition.

Another thing is might be you're attached to specific writers. Solution is simple: try reading non-cape work of your favourite writers/artists. Do you like Moore, Ellis, Millar or Morrison? Try reading From Hell, Transmetropolitan, The Secret Service, Invisibles! Just look up your favourite writers and artists, and look for non-cape comics!

Perhaps you might be attached to the concept of the superhero itself, and you feel unfamiliar with things that don't belong in it? Try reading superhero comics that aren't REALLY capeshit, that star superheroes in central roles and talk about superheroes - but are not action adventure comics. It works best if you will try to look for such comics for your favourite superheroes if possible.
It can be horror like Arkham Asylum, political sci-fi like Superman: Red Son, thriller like Watchmen, horror like Irredeemable, black comedy like The Boys and Kickass - just pick stuff you like.

By following these three rules, you are guaranteed to expand your horizons over time! I recommend looking up comics from all these three categories, and making a reading list - and giving all of that a read. Eventually you will find comics you like - and that's we call a 'taste'.

Forgot to mention - the idea is to rinse and repeat these three, and apply it to comics you find using it.

Once you will like a non-cape comic from any category, try reading other comics like it. If you like Hellboy, try other stuff by Mignola, or in Mignolaverse, or about paranormal investigators. If you never liked Moore before but liked Watchmen - try other Moore's work.

Also if you don't think you have favourite writers/artists, try to look up who wrote/drew your favourite comics, and use that list as "favourite writers/artists".

Eventually you will end up with a, wait of it - ... taste. Unique taste in comics that's yours and noone else's.
And you will stop being a fucking pleb I mean for fucking real?

Stop being being a dumb frogposter, there's your start.

You can start with indie comics that are psuedo capeshit and diversify from there. Start with Enigma.

Only really worth it in its original German.
Learn 18th century German.

Honestly just look up comics based on genres/types of stories you like. I didn't really like a lot of the most well known indie comics either until I discovered there was more to indie comics then gross surreal shit and boring drama.

>Not reading the original Marlowe-piece instead

Screw that, Faust is shit. Sure, the story is really interesting, but you have to dig throught a huge philosophical circlejerk first. If you want to read something good read Metamorphosis or The Trial

Read something you're interested in. Don't read something for comic cred.

>try to read a non-superhero comic

>try to read a superhero comic

Like this.

>read Metamorphosis or The Trial
>not the Castle
>not the short stories especially In the Penal Colony
disdainforplebs.jpg

Funny, I only read comics that don't have heroes. In my opinion it is easier to find good things in the form of graphic novels rather than comics.

Here's the best I have ever read in no particular order to give you somewhere to start.

>Bones
Brothers are kicked out of their town and go on a unique fantasy journey.
Hilarious, amazing art, imagination, excellent story.

>Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
A Maniac kills people.
By the creator of Invader Zim Jhonenn Vasquez, hilarious, excellent art style unique to him.
>Squee!
The same writer as JTHM, it is just as hilarious and follows little boy who lives next door to Johnny and constantly sees weird crap.

>The Maxx
Hobo super hero helps a woman deal with demons. I really can't say much because of so many spoilers. I don't count it as a hero comic because he really doesn't fight crime ever. Uses real psychology, interesting, unique art.

>The Last Man
You've had to of already heard of this one. Road trip in a collapsed society in America to save mankind. A really cute plot line is the last man refuses to have sex with anyone but his fiance he wants to get to. But she is across the world in Australia.

>The Walking Dead
Zombies, excellent art and writing. Different from the show I all the right ways.

>Sweet Tooth
Rural apocalypse setting with human/animal hybrids. Since 12 years before the start every generation born has been a monster that is half animal. It follows a deer boy who travels with a mad Max type character.

>The Goon
Zombies raised by a voodoo trickster and crazy monsters vs a thug trying to protect his town in the 1930s.

Awesome hilarious fun, deep story lines that make your heart ache, amazing art. I can stare at pages for minutes, exploding orangutans, that is all.

Best posts in here.

>ask for comics
>get giant /lit/ wank-off
How kafkaesque.