Which Universe is safer for civilians, DC or Marvel?

Which Universe is safer for civilians, DC or Marvel?

I always assumed it is safer in the DC Universe rather than Marvel because of the fact that most events happen around the globe unlike Marvel where everything seems to happen in New York. Seriously, why the fuck do people still live in New York in Marvel? The insurance must be insane.

Also which city would be the safest in either Universe? I always thought Metropolis would be safe. Not counting the Injustice Universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(Marvel_Comics)
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce_Banner_(Earth-91126)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wouldn't it be safer for civilians in Marvel since it just happens in one city and you could just relocate. If DC happens more globally than where are civilians safe.

DC is safer but you run the risk of never existing every couple of years also Smallville is probably the safest town

Marvel you have a greater chance of being murdered but you also have a chance of dying of old age.

in DC there's a 100% chance you are erased from existence in a reboot but the chance of you being murdered is much lower as long as you don't live in Gotham City and it's adjacent sister cities.

Stan lee created almost half of the marvel universe, he likes to write about places he know.
Marvel has safer places for civilians, as you will only need to not live on New York to reduce the chances of a violent death greatly.

>onscreen cannibalism
>censored swearing
This really fucking triggers me.

You go in the south, Or live in washington.

Nothing ever happen in the southern states. Except maybe racist hillbillies and inbred mutants or manthing.

>as you will only need to not live on New York to reduce the chances of a violent death greatly.

How is that different from real life

New York is full or hipsters nowadays thanks to Giuliani and Bloomberg so it is generally safe in the gentrified neighborhoods. It is slowly reverting back to shit though due to De Blasio. In Marvel, it never stopped being a violent shit hole.

>civilians in Marvel since it just happens in one city and you could just relocate
Now that I think about it Marvel is pretty fucked when it comes to global warfare also. Las Vegas was destroyed, Namor constantly flooding Africa, and small European countries constantly warring with each other. Seriously, Transylvania is a fucking Vampire kingdom that wants to eat Latvaria. Also the Green Goblin tried to use Goblin Gas to make Silver Sables country nothing but goblins so they can become a powerhouse to take over other countries.

>100% chance you are erased from existence in a reboot
Lets ignore reboots. I kind of think as reboots as a chance at a second life.

>Except maybe racist hillbillies and inbred mutants or manthing

True. Champions did a really good job of depicting the south as nothing but rednecks who hate everything thats different.

I can walk around New York in the middle of the night and be relatively safe. I do some night 911 EMS work and we are usually only dispatched to the Dominicans in Washington Heights or Harlem blacks.Section 13 housing was a mistake.

De Blasio hasn't had enough time to ruin everything Giuliani and Bloomberg did. Its not as bad as say, Chicago or Baltimore

Marvel has mutants, this is way more dangerous than whatever DC has.

DC.
Marvel is overrun with SJW cuckolds.

He flooded one small african nation, once. He's flooded new york more times than he has wakanda.

DC has meta(l)humans

>not wanting to make sure your wife is sexually satisfied
What are you, gay?

It's a requirement to have only a double digit IQ and be needlessly angry if you're a Marvel civilian, so they tend to get killed more often than DC civilians.

Canonically the MU has far more mutants than the DCU has metahumans. The mutant population at its peak was 32 million while the metahuman population was listed as less than 3 million.

>The mutant population at its peak was 32 million

That's 32 million to many

I always wanted to know where this comes from, why do comic fans say this about Marvel citizens?

Marvel, i guess. As long as you dont live in NY or San Francisco you are kind of safe

Between the media always shitting on spiderman, plus it never made much sense that people like the Avengers or the F4 where allowed to operate freely and even sometimes praised (not as much as DC heroes they joke about it in the crossover), but mutants are shunned and hunted in society.

It's a running joke.

They virus bombed perth wa.

Wouldn't that make marvel safer as long as you ain't dumb enough to live there.

There was also that one time Ultron slaughtered a whole country and used the corpses to make a self portrait.

Ultron is so dreamy.

You'd think that, but you're a lot more at risk for a sudden death to let the readers know that shit's gotten real.

Even tho it's not

>that whole page of text
I am stupider person for reading it, everyone in this thread is stupider for reading it, the amount of stupid everyone has become will never be undone by this stupidest post.
God have mercy on you.

Okay.
I'll be straight with you.

I'm drunk off my ass right now. I honestly can't tell if this panel is an edit or not.
I thought that shit in the word bubble was a copy pasta?
Please tell me it's an edit. Please tell me Marvel hasn't fallen that far.,

TFW Hulk actually does eat people.

Blame Millar.

Getting hit in the arm with a hammer is better than getting hit in the face with one, but I'm in no hurry for either.

It's a zombie Hulk.

I know the south isn't like that. I actually love visiting North Carolina or Alabama for hunting. The people are always nice and don't give a shit at all .Its like a totally different world from the city. Its really quiet tranquil.

How dare you. America Chavez is a treasure.

Its not an edit. Its from the newest America ongoing. Read this page if you are into tone deaf self help books directed only at fat lesbians.

the water had to get there somehow

what's wrong with her bowstring

>Its not an edit. Its from the newest America ongoing. Read this page if you are into tone deaf self help books directed only at fat lesbians.

I honestly don't know what's worse.
The fact that this stuff used to legitimately anger me, or the fact that I can no longer muster up the energy to feign surprise, let alone be rage.

I've been thinking about something similar that doesn't deserve its own thread:

Would it be feasible to have huge cities in a universe like Marvel/DC?
I'm not saying no cities, but when a huge city gets trashed because of some villain the costs are enormous
Also I'd think that people would feel safer living in less densely populated areas to avoid being targeted, enough to actually move out of the city.

These are universes filled with superpowers, highly advanced science, alien tech, time travel, magic etc. I think the odds are high that someone in those universes are using their fantastical powers for an easy 9-5 construction job.

>Would it be feasible to have huge cities in a universe like Marvel/DC?

The economies still work like they do in the real world. The same goes for people wanting to live in Metropolitan areas.I think the prospect moving to a major city that is occasionally attacked to make more money still greatly out scales a Marvel citizens common sense.

> costs are enormous
The Ultimates brought up some good points about private contractors being one of the most lucrative jobs within the cities. Not to mention insurance companies prospering greatly from the amount of money people have to pay on their personal property and health. Hell, the insurance companies are probably banking on people dying in an Alien attack just to not payout. We also have the government flipping the bill for most of it. And the federal government always has a blank check ready.

yeah I did think about supergeniuses using their brains to clean up the mess afterwards

I'm probably not the best guy to discuss this with though since I don't know shit about economy, but that government money has to come from somewhere, right?

Mutants and Inhumans now. Marvel civies have to put up with so much shit.

>not wanting to make sure your wife is sexually satisfied
>by the kree
Yeah, that would have worked out so well for Kitty.

I thought that was the brood.

Oh, boy, real New Yorkers, it's nice to hear from others about how totally shitty de Blasio has been. What a fucking disaster. The worst part is that the crime is back and the trash is back but the rent STILL keeps going up.

>don't liking trash comics
>don't reading trash comics togheter with Sup Forums

Editorial, Bendis and Scarlet Witch thought so too.

To add to this, I'm pretty sure there's a page floating around that indicates Ronan is canonically bad in bed. I haven't seen much hopeful for Kree sexual prowess.

Brood, Kree, whatever.
Marvel sucks. The way they're going, I'm surprised they didn't get her pregnant with niggers.

Marvel usually holds to the idea that collateral damage deaths from superhero fights are rare. Like supposedly 616 Hulk's rampages have never killed an innocent bystander.

>I think the odds are high that someone in those universes are using their fantastical powers for an easy 9-5 construction job.

There's at least one construction crew like that in Marvel. They're even getting their own MCU TV show.

Is that show still happening? With them being retconned into having been a department of the US government and being introduced on the film side in a Sony/MCU collab, I kinda figured it wasn't happening.

NY is literally one of the safest cities in the US.

After reading JLA by Grant Morrison, I feel that Marvel is safer. I mean, the fucking scale of disasters in DC back then was terrifying. Then when with Waid's Heaven's Ladder, shit jsut gets all sorts of crazy. At least in Marvel, you can generally avoid all the supers if you live somewhere that's NOT New York City or Europe.

>that image
>that bull shit logic
Oh my God, that's fucking stupid.

marvel is ruined because of mutants

So CIAsque

Why is Space Conan hulk eating people?

Why the fuck do people still live in New York in the Marvel universe?

What about when Sentry rips Ares in half, with blood and entrails everywhere over the double-spread page, but they still censor out someone swearing in reaction to witnessing it?

Seriously, its simply pathetic.

Washington gets blown up every 20, years. Remember Kang Destiny? Fear Itself? I do.

What exactly is he doing to bring crime back? And what was done before to end it?

This guy at least explains the mutant hate, Spider-man was just a victim of bad PR.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(Marvel_Comics)

Context on OP image please

>en.m
>m

I am pretty sure the safest city would have to be one we never heard of

this mutant died crucified btw

HeroeZZ universe?

Central City is guaranteed the safest place to be. The Flash keeps that shit on such tight lock that cats don't even get run over.

yes the national bank has to make it, if they make more money the value of the bill goes down, so if any of those thing happened in real life the economy would suffer greatly.

It's from Marvel Zombies, around the time Sentry got bit and it was revealed that the marvel zombie universe is just one big time loop, the watcher just sent the Sentry back in time so that the epidemic never goes past that universe and Earth X(?), also Sentry goes to heaven and eat people.

Meh. Small potatoes. DC's billionaires take care of all the damage to their cities.

i don't remember him wearing the WWH outfit though

It's not THE Zombie Hulk, but A Zombie Hulk. There was apparently a second Marvel Zombies universe. marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce_Banner_(Earth-91126)

I honestly don't know why anyone would stay living on New York City-616 if they had the option to leave. Price values on real estate should drop massively, considering it gets trounced every few months. Specially on Manhattan which seems to be the preferred place to fuck things up.

Pic mildly related.

That third-rate Batman villain with a carpentry theme runs a construction company that caters to villains, doesn't she?

He ended stop and frisk
God I hate that prick so much. I've got an uncle who's a cop, and my best friend's dad works in the OEM, while certain crimes are down as a result (mostly due to stat juking), stabbings are happening more often, at least that I can see. And Deblasio keeps making homeless shelters here. Some niggers threatened to slit an indian woman's throat a few months back, and they're blatantly dealing drugs in the area. Also, they're smelly (I'm being serious here, they actually are smelly).

Nah I mean when the incursion happened the illuminati just bailed with other heroes on a life raft of their own and Battle World happened.

When Final Crisis happened and Earth was dying and the Multiverse collapsing, the heroes found a way to save everyone on Earth.

Then Superman used the wishing Machine to bring everything back.

Crazier and more dangerous stuff happens in the DC universe but I trust the DC heroes to go the long mile to save me, even if they fail they will at least try. The Marvel heroes might ditch me or kill me whike fighting among each other.

DC, the heroes there tend to be more competent.

You also don't have to worry about the US government sending giant robots to round your kids up for FEMA camps just because they're a mutant.

By real world logic NY should be a smoldering crater.

By fiction logic NY should've been removed as the center of the world and entered a downward spiral where it became something like Detroit, making it ironically a bit more safe since its not the center of the world anymore then there's less insentive for high stakes crime since all the rich people move away, so you might get shot in the lastest gang war, sure, but at least the Hulk didn't destroy half the city again.

Comicbook logic says nothing changes and everything has a safety net waiting to catch everyone if the plot demands it, except for 1 or 2 deaths for the sake of drama.

DC. At least they focus on fighting villains. In the MU you wouldn't be worried only about the villains wrecking havoc, but also about some hero getting mad with another hero just because the latter drank the former's Coke, and then comes the fighting in the streets, the reality warping, mass murder,etc.

Well depending on the many different locations that Smallville has been in Kansas I live like 20 miles from one of the definitions so I'd pick DC since I'm sure nothing bad has happened to Kansas in the comics.

that's from marvel zombies return. You know the book where Spiderman uses his veins as webs, and the sandman makes him explode by going inside his body through his mouth.

>and the sandman makes him explode

That was a different Spider-Man.

earth z spiderman. whatever, book was crap aside from the art.

They're both safer than the Hellboy universe.

Stupid as fuck.

Fan theory? The guy's just bullshitting to get Hulk to calm down. He's greatly exaggerating/appealing to Banner's humanity.

Exactly. This is even worse than prudishness towards sexuality.

>Lets ignore reboots

There is not enouh long term data to know how safe DC is

Even after he departed the hate's still around.

>The people are always nice and don't give a shit at all .Its like a totally different world from the city. Its really quiet tranquil
Yeah at least in North Carolina. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of open racism.

Greg Pak who wrote WWH said this isn't a theory. It is also a major plot point on why Amadeus can control hulk.

Marvel.
90% of bad things happen in New York and if you live outside of it you already have a HUGE chance of living longer.

DC has bad things all over the globe all the time, so the odd of you running into a super villain is much higher. Also people who live in Gotham alone have it much worse than everyone in Marvel's New York.

Keystone City after the Flash starts his omnipresent guardianship

They also have some insane tech. Ultron for example. But they still drive their own cars.

They also have genetic modified humans that can heal and use telekenesis or whatever else you can think of. They still can't cure canser.

They have some insanely strong individuals that seem to spend more energy then their intake. Still no way to use this energy conversion to power cities and stuf.

If you live in Marvel there's a chance of you being a mutant who'll get massacred, lynched, or just shat on for your entire life, though, no matter where you life. There's no chance you'll actually get to be an X-Man, you'll be one of the side-character mutants who are just deformed or have completely useless powers.

Then explain all the other hate and ungratefulness.

>Luke Cage teams up with Iron Fist. Called a sellout.
>Avengers save NYC/World dozens of times. Get protested for racism/mutant hate/other dumb shit.
>The Existence of Sally Floyd
>Spidey getting shot at by police.
>Canada-616. Most Evil Place on Earth.
>The two Superhuman Registration Acts

If you live in DC I guess you're at higher risk of being wiped from existence or having your life retconned into something completely different In Marvdl you just have to deal with menaces like spider man