F

amp.usatoday.com/story/509425001/

Other urls found in this thread:

iqcomparisonsite.com/sexdifferences.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

S, fuck you this is a good move.

Dump the article, or at least provide a non-shit, non-AMP link. Thanks.

>literally more "waah, wahh, why isn't Danny asian?!" bitching
Jesus.

Is this your first thread, newfag? I'm not giving your site clicks.

Let me sum it up:
>Luke is great
>Jessica is great
>Matt is great
>Danny is racist why isn't he asian?!?!?!
>all of Defenders is ruined by Danny being involved

No the fuck it wasnt.
Iron Fist is the weakest show with the weakest actor.
Im not surprised hes one of the reasons its dragging and them just suddenly on a team.
They should have built it up on the solo shows with more crossovers. But Marvel Netflix wanted to blow their load early it seems.

We didnt even need solo shows for Danny or Cage. Just do Heroes for Hire. Its not like they're going to do anything interesting with the Iron Fist lore

i hate Jessica jones
thats all i had to say let the trigging begin

THIS. She spends most of her time bitching about fucking Iron Fist being a main character and she hates that he's white and stole Asian culture... Fuck this review

/
she angry that a white male actor is playing a white male character from the 70s
these people are what wrong with the world

>The Defenders are only as strong as their weakest link. And they have a very weak link.

>After giving four street-level superheroes their own series on Netflix, Marvel has joined Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter) and Iron Fist (Finn Jones) in the new team-up series Marvel’s The Defenders (Netflix, streaming Aug. 18, ** out of four stars). And, at least in the first four episodes made available for review, the series can’t make the combination work.

>The four heroes are drawn together by an increasing threat from an organization headed by the elusive Alexandra (Sigourney Weaver, a bright spot). The criminal activity draws in each hero, although some of these plots are noticeably weaker than others. Iron Fist’s ancient mission is to fight the organization. Daredevil’s reincarnated ex is one of Alexandra's minions. Jessica Jones gets a case that involves them. Luke Cage tries to help a neighborhood kid who is recruited as a grunt worker for the group. Eventually, the heroes’ paths cross.

>From the first scene, Danny Rand/Iron Fist is an undeniable handicap. His own series premiered earlier this year to a chorus of negative reviews after weathering the backlash for whitewashing and cultural appropriation.

>So how do you build a series when three heroes are appealing, well-formed characters with strong actors behind them, but the fourth is annoying, boring and poorly acted? One would hope that The Defenders would shy away from Danny and his petulance, but unfortunately, Iron Fist is integral to the larger plot. Every scene featuring him drags, and he is in too many to ignore, with clunkier dialogue than his fellows.

>It’s unfair to blame Iron Fist for all of The Defenders' problems. Like all of the solo series, it’s poorly paced, and takes far too long for the heroes to team up. They don’t appear together until the end of Episode 3. And even after all that lead time, they don't fit together. Jessica and Luke gel — he was introduced on her series. Daredevil and Iron Fist share mystic roots. But they lack chemistry as a group.

>It’s not just that the characters are different, it’s that their shows (well, minus Iron Fist) had strong points of view that are completely lost in The Defenders. This is most detrimental to Jessica and Luke, whose respective series thrived on their personal stories — Jessica Jones is a sexual-assault survivor and Luke Cage explored themes of race, identity and family. Now both are just two out of four generic punching superheroes.

>The Defenders will likely please devoted Marvel fans who merely want to see these four in the same room. The fight scene that finally brings them together checks all the fan-service boxes, as when Iron Fist stands behind Luke as he takes bullets. But viewers who were attracted to one or more of the Netflix series for their unique perspectives will be disappointed.

>Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and even Iron Fist deserve better. And it’s gratifying to remember that three of them will likely have better series to return to once they finish this mission. There's no shame in admitting defeat, even for superheroes.

>Some acts are just better off going solo.

>Kelly Lawler USATODAY

Netflix-verse has been shit after the first season of DD.

>Jessica Jones is a sexual-assault survivor
For fuck's sake just call it what it is: rape victim. It's ok to show vulnerability, ladies. You are humans, not warriors.

>Jessica Jones is a sexual-assault survivor and Luke Cage explored themes of race, identity and family. Now both are just two out of four generic punching superheroes.
Did people really think that a team up show consisting of 8 episodes would delve into these types of things? It's possible for JJ and LC to be both cultural icons or whatever, and punchy superheroes. Like did they expect Luke to mention racism while punching a ninja? Or for Jess to think about fucking David Tennant in the middle for a fight? I don't get it.

i though he never raped her, just made her want him while he raped other gals
also is it really rape if she says yes under mind control

>Iron Fist is the weakest show with the weakest actor.
LC was clearly the weakest show and the weakest actor. Cage was better on JJ than on his own trainwreck of a series.

IF was a step up. Not the best by any means, but more interesting to watch and follow the story. The weaknesses were the fighting through most of the show (given they threw the actor in with almost no prep time, he did well) and that fucking "We're in China" episode that was a total bomb across the board. Next time they need to let the Wu Tang Clan rapper director more as his episode was the best one for fighting and cinema style. He really captured the old kung fu movie look so well you'd swear they had gotten a HK import to direct

>i though he never raped her, just made her want him while he raped other gals
That's in the comics. In the show, he just raped her. Again and again and again.

LC dipped at the middle when they killed of cotton mouth, which i still dont understand he was a really good villian

can you really call it rape if she was being mind control

It had this problem of "This is the bad guy, but later we reveal someone is really the person you hate instead as the first person was just struggling to survive"

Cottonmouth was bitch to his Senator sister who was bitch to Diamondback. Fucking come on... That's fine but you wasted too much time building up Cotton only to toss him, build up the Senator, only to toss her for the shitty final villain

didnt she take over cotton mouths empire at the end
would be better if cottonmouth fucked up every one at the end

Something like that, her and Shades get away in the end I think.

Is Jessica Jones actually good or is this just some meme?

This is why I'll never watch JJ or anything she's in

Yes? If she was under mind control, she couldn't give consent.

Much as I would've liked more Cottonmouth, I have to disagree. Cottonmouth and Mariah were clearly meant to be foils to an extent. Despite taking on the role more personally, Mariah was much more cut out for his throne than he was, so when push came to shove he'd get fucked.

I would've loved if he weren't, but that's what they set up.

Even if she is stupid, we shouldn't ignore her criticism about everything else/

>triggered this hard by rape

I don't like sexism. Sue me.

it has its moments, the major problem with these shows except maybe daredevil is that they are inconsistent and try doing to much at once, in iron fist which i wanted to be good so much he was zen then he wasn't, he was after the hand then he was working with them, the bad guy changed like 3 times, yes characters and stories need to grow but the marvel netflix shows just turn corners and that is not character growth

Mariah has the setup for a S2 villain. Diamondback's main issue is that he was played up too personal and crazy, and they never dealt with the ramifications of him decapitating the other crime syndicates.

JJ is good whenever David Tennant is on screen.

yer but diamond back was ass
more like diamond butt

The USA Today had a crossword "editor" that plagiarized all the crosswords. Why should I trust them again?

What kind of superhero team has only one autist wearing a costume? This should be reason enough to not even bother with this trash. I blame Jeph Loeb for this. Also fucking Bendis for creating Jessica Jones and making us suffer her existence. The production team were so focused on making this branch of the MCU gritty and grounded, they ended up forgetting these are comic book characters.

>wah wah wah Iron Fist is FUCKING WHIE
>wah wah wah it's not a social commentary
JJ and LC ruined perception of Netflix shows.

agreed he was the main reason i watched it

>but the fourth is annoying, boring and poorly acted?
What? Luke really isn't that annoying. Or are they talking about Jessica?

>more interesting to watch
Yeah i really loved all those business meetings and shitty kung fu in the kung fu show.

>wah wah wah it's not a social commentary
This seems like it's legitimately an issue, these reviewers and such are going in thinking that there's gonna be some big, biting commentary on racism or abusers or something, just because JJ and LC focused on that in their own, standalone series (and likely will continue to focus on in their second seasons), neither of which really built up to this anyway. Maybe that's part of why Iron Fist got shat on so hard, it didn't really offer up much commentary on anything.

Danny.

Neither did Daredevil. If Daredevil cammafter LC and JJ, who knows how people would've reacted.

>White washing
Danny was always white.
>Cultural appropriation
Martial arts have always been something that has stagnated if not injected with diversity and that extends to the philosophy of it.

It's astounding that individuals who believe in diversity are more in favor of rigid divisions than a bunch of rural hicks who cage fight.

wish it could be just about fighting super villians
say what you wanna about the cw flash and arrow at least it tries to be like the comics and plays up the super hero part

>Martial arts have always been something that has stagnated if not injected with diversity
then you will love the gentleman's kung fu Bartitsu

I know you guys hate sjws but do you really hate them so much you will defend shit if they dislike it

Now, I haven't watched Netflix Iron Fist, my only exposure to him so far was the Defenders trailer... and he did come across as really annoying compared to the others.

The one underlying current throughout Sup Forums is that it's full of contrarians, so yes. The second someone you don't like says something it's time to bust out all the hoops to take the opposing point of view. Relatedly, why you should never start a thread's OP with an opinion you genuinely believe considering there'll be a bumrush to call OP a faggot and prove you wrong.

>also is it really rape if she says yes under mind control

Yes, that's very clearly rape. It's probably worse because it's rape with mind control which is fucked up in it's own right.

But yeah Iron Fist was utter shit.

It just doesn't make sense that the reasons it's being called out for are the two that don't make sense and not the multitude of other issues it had.

i dont defend shit no matter who likes it or who hates it
SJW are fuck heads who will down the line hate everything even when its tailored to them
say what you wanna about Sup Forums but what i learned about this group is that their hate is pure and unstoppable and unforgivable

It's not that the main character is white, it's that the main character is white and also martial arts master who tells people in their own dojos how it's done.

Imagine if Luke Cage was white. Every other aspect about him is the same but you have this big white guy who tells thugs not to let their pants sag and that black people need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

But isn't Danny actually better than the people he's in the dojo with?

i dont remember him telling any one how its done in their dojo in the series or the comic, hes rich why would he need to do that

>white guy who tells thugs not to let their pants sag and that black people need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.
Republicans?

He does it in the show.

The difference is that white Luke Cage wouldn't have the experience of growing up black. He'd be talking out of his ass. Danny, asian or white, is still a martial arts master. Martial arts is something learned, not something that comes with your race.

At colleen dojo

What does him being white have to do with him telling people he's better than at fighting how he personally trains because they're fucking up?

It's arguably a dick move but Danny is in show leagues better than anyone there.

You assume these anons watched the show.

There's literally no reason to be against sexism though, you absolute cuck. Women are inferior to men in every way, why should they be treated the same?
iqcomparisonsite.com/sexdifferences.aspx

Breh, martial arts is something you can learn and master, implication that gooks are just inherently better at it is no better than saying they are just inexplicably better at math

Kek wtf are you talking about? Sup Forumsmblr is full of SJW numale manchildren.

I cant stand these reviews based one half or a third of the episodes. If the platform makes all the episodes available at once, then i want my review to also encompass alm the episodes. It just seems disingenuous especially when you only breifly mention that you didnt even see the ending.

he kinda learned from the greatest masters in a mythical temple in the middle of the Himalayas so i think he would be a little better that some one that learned from "how to do karate by chuck Norris" videos

No its ful of alt right /poltv/ cucks

People only ever see the half of Sup Forums that they hate.

This is so true, live action shit up the ass for no reason. I would not be surprised if there are polacks here who don't read comics and just come to see hottest SJW Marvel memes

Allowing capeshit live action here was a mistake. Sup Forums was a mistake

>iqcomparisonsite.com

im a huge fan of iron fist and even bigger heroes for hire which now i know will never happen,i just recently got in to mark waids dare devil and Kevin smiths run can fuck right of, im not a fan of bendis so i never read jessica jones.

Sup Forums - subsidiary of Sup Forums

Just reading that I'm expecting two different hair colors, at least part of her head is shaved, while one ear has significantly more piercings than the other, and she's wearing some kind of cartoon skull accessory somewhere.

Oh and at least 1 arm covered in a half assed tattoo sleeve.

Sup Forums was a mistake, the internet was a mistake, humanity was a mistake

Ok, good, it's nit much, but you read. And I agree, Guardian Devil is piece of shit, make a thread about you think so too and leave Netflix to where it belongs.

And give Bendis devil a chance, it's not best DD, but it's best Bendis

Thank God they got rid of that shitty red Daredvil costume.

Fuck off satan. You don't have to hate Matt for stealing your image.

Ellen Page, John Constatine, Batman,

Stripping Danny of his intense revenge motive and the culmination of it in Howard's independent self destruction was a deep, deep mistake that only added fuel to the anti white assholes, because instead of him becoming Iron Fist because he was more motivated than other challengers, it happened just because.

I'm so glad Marvel is dying

Two words:

NON
CANON

>but it's best Bendis
there is never a good bendis

>usatoday

He didn't say otherwise. Best of Bendis implies best he can ever be, doesn't mean good but fuck you his DD is good

your probably right but i just cant read bendis its too hard. hey if you love it more power to u but straight up cant stand bendis not as a person , just his writing urks me

Bendis DD is damn good, you don't read comics.

It takes three episodes for the members of a team to come together as such in a show about them working as a team.

>Like all of the solo series, it’s poorly paced, and takes far too long for the heroes to team up.
Yes. Like all the solo series. Why do people like these shows, again?

ok fine i dont.
because i dont like bendis i dont read comics
fine you win your amazing detective skills have found me out

this is fucking hilarious

Phew, good thing it's not canon!

>sell your soul to the SJWs to get good reviews for JJ and LC despite being pieces of shit
>same SJWs trash the next white man lead show despite not being worse quality wise
Nothing to be mad about here, they made their beds

>I hate Iron Fist REEEEE

is this what constitutes a review now?

Two words:

FUCKING
RETARD

This is all true but it's the same usatoday that whined about no black people in leading roles in "Dunkirk". They are ideologically partisan when talking about media so I still take it with grain of salt when Danny Rand is their reason of criticism..

close very close user

Except ANY Martial Artist worth their salt will admit defeat and accept the teachings of his better if showed said person is better. To be like: "FUCK YOU WHITE MAN, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO" goes against nearly every code of every martial art ever.