Why is everyone always bullying the joker? He's not a bad guy, he's just sick

Why is everyone always bullying the joker? He's not a bad guy, he's just sick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LNNxSFkgwQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sick with what? All I can see from his actions is that he's got some kind of antisocial personality disorder. He has no empathy for others, and so is willing to do horrible things to them for a joke. He has no delusions that I can spot, no hallucinations, just a psychopathy and a cruel twisted philosophy. I can't find the panel, but I think one of the Robins called him out on this saying "You're crazy, but you're not THAT crazy."

Damn that's kind of sad.

He's a mass murdering psychotic even if he's sick it's kinda hard to feel pity for him when he's gunning down families for laughs

This doesn't make much sense, because Joker doesn't usually act as if he doesn't understand he's hurting people, just that he doesn't care, so his brain being disorganized makes no sense. Martian Manhunter would have to introduce a trait Joker has never before expressed.

Right!
Commissioner Gordon, you’re really a square;
This boy don’t need a judge, he
Needs a analysis’s care!
It’s just his neurosis that oughta be curbed--
**He’s psychologically disturbed!

>Joker doesn't usually act as if he doesn't understand he's hurting people
If you really understood you were hurting people you wouldn't do it.

Am I the only one who as lost interest in the Joker?

He's just so overdone and stale at this point, it feels like the character as become a parody of himself now.

What's a psycho/sociopath

That face looks like jump scare material. Must be the eyes.

Someone who doesn't understand consequences. You can tell this is the case because they don't even understand their own personal consequences. Psychopaths don't learn from negative reinforcement the way normal people do. They're kind of like those children who are born without the ability to feel pain. You might not guess it, but basically 100% of them end up fucking up their body in really bad ways due to this lack, like literally biting threw their own tongue or gouging an eye out. Psychopaths have an extremely diminished sensitivity for stimuli in general, sort of like the opposite of autism where they're hypersensitive to stimuli. Because psychopaths have this insensitivity, they feel compelled to act on impulse more than a normal person would and they don't feel much motivation to plan ahead or try to avoid negative consequences.

>Greg Land
>Electric Superman
Fuck that

what about psychopathic autists?

I thought that too. Oh why isn't there a board for theatre and musical theatre?

Actually...
youtube.com/watch?v=LNNxSFkgwQU

Holy shit user, thanks for the laugh.

I just rewatched the film recently and your post was really needed after a shitty week.

sociopathy is one of the harder to understand mental illnesses. we don't truly conprehend what causes it, we can only observe it's primary sympton: A person grows up with completely undeveloped empathy. They are uncapable of seeing other persons as living beings - that is to say, they don't register people as minds akin to their own and cannot put themselves in their shoes. Can't picture other people's emotions in their mind, so they never develop social limitations people develop over time.

To them life is basically an endless train of stimuli. They are literally incapable of comprehending that there's things they can't do at a social and moral level, since they can't fathom the concept of people having emotions of their own - at best they'll think they are just like them, at worst they wouldn't even care. This also means they are completely unfazed when confronted with any agression that isn't physical. Sociopaths can only be limited with external threat (physical punishment, restrainment, the law, etc) since internal threat is meaningless to them

ie: a sociopath may think it's cool to do something and if other people don't like it, they'll probably assume they are idiots or have brain problems.

"psychopathy" is a sorta controvertial diagonsis that may or may not become fully obsolete in the future, and has been campaigned ot merge with sociopathy for some years now. The catch is that it's used mainly as a diagnosis for the serial killers profile - Had a fucked up childhood and as a result their emotions are under developed, may be a sociopath or may be the opposite - completely cold and uncapable of feeling emotion, and develops weird fetishes and/or desires that drive them to hurt people.

As you can see psychopathy is essentially a mish mash of actual mental illnesses and psychological disorders

Psychopathy also has a social connotation of being "evil", so people who are diagnosed as psychopaths would be ostracised by their community.

Funny. Most insane people just stick to sitting at their houses on disability benefits and bitching about ableism on tumblr, and not murdering everyone in sight.

What kind of treatment do they give him at Arkham because it is not working!

I agree. Batman needs to take it down a notch.

>He has no delusions that I can spot, no hallucinations
That's up for debate, since he's been shown to see things differently than sane people.

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY!

That's not true. Psychopaths understand full well the pain their actions are inflicting, they just don't care.

He's not. He mostly pretends because it makes his life consequence-free.

What if The Joker (as The Red Hood) fell into the same chemicals that gave Plastic Man his powers?

Arkham's going about his treatment all wrong. Joker needs to be shown compassion and understanding, not be drugged into a stupor and deprived of social contact. That's literally the opposite of what would actually help him.

He'd be the Plastic Man. A former small-time criminal with a sense of humour and stretchy powers, and using them to turn his shitty life around.

You know, it's funny. Batman brings the best and worst in him.

Why can't this asshole crack jokes anymore?

I'd like to see it as an elseworld.

That's actually a good insight. He would literally be Plastic Man.

Joker's not sick, he's just an asshole. He doesn't display accurate signs of any actual mental illness.

NEETs aren't insane, they're just pointless and bored of life. Thank god I got out of that.

how can you be board of something you don't have?

people with low empathy are aware that they're hurting people, they just can't translate it to their own lives/care unless it affects them personally.

>people who are diagnosed as psychopaths would be ostracised by their community
and rightfully so. psychopaths are like narcissists-- manipulative, self-absorbed, and prone to tempestuous, abusive relationships, if any-- with even less empathy. that is, a nightmare.

Bump

you wouldn't make a good psychiatrist.

And yet they are still redeeming him in White Knight even though, out of all the Batman rogues, he's the one who deserves the least a redemption arc
>inb4 IT'S AN ELSEWORLDS SO YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT
It's a fucking waste of an opportunity, that's what it is.