Why did this trigger sjws? His character has always been white...

Why did this trigger sjws? His character has always been white, and cultures are not entitled to people of one race alone. Cultures are meant to be shared and enjoyed from people all across the world. Wanting to keep cultures and races seperate makes them into fucking stormfags.

Because SJWs are secretly racist.

>KUNG FU MAN SHOULD BE ASIAN!

because SJWs don't read comics and hate white people

/thread

>Why did this trigger sjws?
The idea isn't that white people can't learn kung-fu, it's that white dilettantes who are inherently THE BEST IN THE UNIVERSE, BESTOW UPON HIM THE TITLE when compared told their peers and teachers after having trained for a fraction of the time.

You know, like how it's fucking stupid that Moon Girl is supposedly as smart as Reed Richards and Riri is a better Tony Stark because Black Girl Magic.

>Because SJWs are secretly racist.
Also, it's this a lot of the time.

>Wah, why can't they do Shang-Chi instead?
Because Shang Chi's father is yellow scare era Fu Man-Fucking-Chu, you tools.

He showed an asian woman how to center her ki.

Doesn't marvel realize that all asians naturally come with centered ki and an mastery of marital arts?. It's 2017, and we still have to put up with this insensitive garbage.

Because obviously the asian kung fu master stereotype should be played by an asian

wait

hmm

there was a lot of misguided complaining going on, but at its core Iron Fist has always been a ridiculous outdated orientalist white man's fantasy. it's an old narrative rooted in the british imperial occupation of china, and it is in fact innately racist. The fact that Iron Fist is just mindlessly aping cliches that are themselves one or two degrees removed from the original intentional racist sources of the narrative. There was a dozen ways any of that could have been updated if not outright fixed to be less assbackwards but of course instead of being critical or creative they fell back on what was familiar, blending together totally unrelated bad writing cliches with maintaining actual historically racist cliches. This lead those criticizing it to conflate the bad writing with being racist when it just happens to be both a terrible show AND still racist.

The last thing he should be is Asian. Him being different from the inhabitants of Kunlun is part of his origin

>imperial occupation of china, and it is in fact innately racist.
Shut the fuck up you white guilt entitled whiney feminist bitch

>Can't be asian because he needs to be an outsider
>Can't be black because people will bitch about blaxploitation callbacks.
>Can't be white because white savior trope.

Make him hispanic I guess?

Britain literally spent a solid century shoving WHITE MAN COME SAVE CHINESE PEOPLE MAKE GREAT HERO stories down people's throats on both sides of the world. Read a book, you drooling illiterate.

It doesnt make it racist either though you spineless liberal cuck. It should stay true to the fucking source material

I like Iron Fist he's cool. Hope Fat Cobra turns up in season 2.

It doesnt make it racist either though you spineless liberal cuck. It should stay true to the fucking source material

The world doesn't have a points system. Danny is a fictional character who didn't do anything to anybody you libshit autist. Not everyone is trying to shill political agendas into things like all the retards you shoot shit with on the internet, believe it or not, some people can actually make things from an organic space with the hope that people will enjoy it and nothing more and some people can manage to separate fiction from reality.

Not to mention it'd be disingenuous to the source material to make him asian.

Oops, meant to reply to not

He's not the best at kung fu, he just won a tournament Shang Chi wasn't competing on

>be asian
>start working out to cosplay as Iron Fist since IIF is one of my favorite comics
>people now think i'm some sort of SJW bandwagoner who is trying to make a "statement"

to add onto this, i'll probably cosplay as Orson Randall instead now

Or just make the people of Kunlun fucking alien

>Martial arts character has to be asian!!!1!
This fucking level of hypocrisy, man.

Just Cosplay as literally any other asian in comics since all of them are kung fu masters or super scientists

>cosplay as literally any other asian
did you just ignore my entire post after reading "be asian"

>secretly
They've been casually erasing East Asians for years.

I cant fucking stand "im black and gay" the character on that show, and i masturbate to traps

Sorry, all your posts look alike to me

>rook arike
FTFY

>has always been a ridiculous outdated orientalist white man's fantasy.

Fuck no. A critical part of his story is that he's racially white and culturally kung lung. He's an egg. And not only is that super rare in comics, it's super rare in all of pop culture. When was the last character you saw in theatres like that?

It's not casual. It's for marketing reasons. And frequently it's to apease asian markets.

Celebrating Asian culture without letting asian people have any representation.

Netflix should have made Shang Chi program instead of Iron Fist, and we wouldn't have to see this same discussion every other day.

>shang chi program
or you know, just include shang chi

I'm pretty sure sjws haven't been erasing Asian characters in their fanart for Asian marketing reasons.

I wasn't aware they were doing that. I was referring to shit like replacing the Mandarin and the old dude from Dr Strange.

I bet that they're shifting from bitching about white privlige to "whiteness", so that they can target hispanics and asians they don't like with questionable claims that they don't count as POC anymore.

Those are different situations. That's racism from the Chinese angle. Can't show a Tibetan Ancient One and expect China to air your movie, and can't show the Mandarin since he's caricaturistic as well.

It's still bullshit, but it's not as though we haven't known this for a while.

>I cant fucking stand "im black and gay" the character on that show, and i masturbate to traps
Cuz a good percent of a time, they're actually attractive.

No it shouldn't, because the source material has no real value or significance.

Good effort, fampai.

Indeed.

Mandarin was fine how he was. The cuck shane black shouldve just kept him middle eastern then turn him into a fucking white boring business dude

The season where I stopped watching DW.

We're at a point where people are so stupid and into being tolerant their underlying racism shows in hilarious ways.

>Can't be black because people will bitch about blaxploitation callbacks.
Really? That's what Luke Cage is anyway, a modern day blaxploitation show.

Mainly it was due to the "white savior" shit that other anons pointed out. There are an abundance of white heroes and really the SJWs are the only ones who see that as a bad thing. While there were efforts to make more diverse characters in the past, they are completely ignored, or the excuse is "why haven't I heard of them?" and your answer to them is, "you don't read enough comic books or any at all."
Even then I had a discussion with one person who had issues with this and I pointed it out calmly that this was part of the lore, he also pointed out his opinion about other franchises and I agreed with him but on this particular issue he was misguided.

you know Netflix has plenty now.
Especially that crouching tiger sword of destiny. When performed in English it looses all its appeal.
So the problem is that there isn't enough on things like netflix, it's that people aren't watching them because they are lacking something the general public wants.

>it's that white dilettantes who are inherently THE BEST IN THE UNIVERSE
It's called being a main character, and has nothing to do with race.

>when compared told their peers and teachers after having trained for a fraction of the time.
What? Danny was there since he was a fucking child

this wasnt a thing before it started. In the 70s Kungfu wad in full bloom and it was thanks to Bruce Lee. No one read comic books back then except for white kids, so you can scream cliche all you want but that doesn't make it correct. It would be cliche if you used the Great Wall movie as a point of refrence but you made a mistake on using something like this.
The problem is if you want to point out cliches go to the new shit that's been made. Like Moon Girl or Riri who are smarter because MC reasons. Theres you cliche. A female power fantasy is cliche. What people think it's not cliche is cramming a cliche in to another story medium that generally doesn't have it, and think OOOOOOOH WOW SO NEW!?

Why would you expect an sjw to know about comics?

It's being pushed by white people who want to prove that they are Good White Allies. It's rooted in their low self esteem and persecution complex.

> Why did this trigger sjws ?
Is that a joke ? Everything is racist, everything is sexist and they have to point it all out. They will inevitably be triggered by everything,given enough time.