Today is pipe strip day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NAh9oLs67Cw
mspfa.com/?s=14456&p=1
bgreco.net/garfield/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That guy's 57 now!

now where could my pipe be

You fags always post the setup, but never the punchline.

that's for tomorrow

THE CAT HAS YOUR PIPE

how weird would that be without garfield

A floating pipe in mid-air. Pretty weird, I guess.

Noice

Should I get this on a shirt?

I would get that on my tombstone.

both

Now posting the greatest video on YouTube:

youtu.be/NAh9oLs67Cw

We can do better than that.

it's time to watch this again

bravo user

>griffindor
apex kek

>oh its another one of these stupid low res memes
>griffindor
>sides instantly split

>Becomes a strip about Jon quitting smoking

Have you spent time in your circular comic tube today?

Why did this make me laugh?!

I've actually watched the video in its entirety like 4 times.

But that's not funny

sauce?

Oceanfalls
mspfa.com/?s=14456&p=1

Fuck, this is cute.
Thanks m8.

Is the joke supposed to be him just resolving himself to knowing the pipe is better off with Garfield?

It's been in his mouth

Why give it back to Garfield though?

Why feed him lasagna?

This is too deep for me.

The jokes is if he let Garfield smoke he'll die faster and will cease to ruin John's life

Me too. I just can't get over the effort they put into the videos.

You've clearly never owned a pet

sometimes pets just fucking ruin a thing and it becomes theirs

there's a chair in my house that belongs to the cats now

Would you really want to put a pipe in your mouth that had been in a cat's mouth? That's his pipe now.

Is this supposed to be Jim Davis's "Cow Tools" moments? Why is the OP comic so popular?

It is a mandala of wisdom

It's a thing of fucking beauty, that's why.

Remember folks, any Garfield strip can be put on a t-shirt or coffee mug. ANY STRIP.

Most memes happen by accident. A lucky few are created with purpose. With malice.

Heathcliff is better

from 10:00 to 11:00 he talks about how if you break down the comic to its basic shapes it still works, Loss still works when its just lines does that make it the perfect comic?

how long will it take us to decode the grand message of the prophet Jim Davis?

I fear it will take far too long

what the fuck gardield

The symbols of a simple life

Happy 39th birthday pipe strip

:O

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

Tell me about the cat! why does he smoke the pipe, whats his obsession with lasanga?! TELL ME!

the trappings of humanity

Now where could my strip be?

too many words

Lot of loyalty for a hired cartoonist

wasted potential

Perhaps hes wondering why you would give A cat HAM instead of Lasagna

To quote the documentary 7-27-1987:

"Now where could my pipe be?

It is a profound question.

Why am I here? What is my purpose? It is reflection and self-examination here. It is facing the dust, the misery of a cold, careless universe. You can feel the weight of it.

But where could my pipe be?

One imagines the author, Jim Davis, teetering on the edge of insanity... his rationality, his lucidity, hovering over the void... and he seeks the truth.

You can see it in the line quality of the drawings; the thoughtful, controlled outlines mixed with the... occasional, chaotic scribbles at work in the shadows and Garfield's dark stripes.

It's almost as if Garfield is chaos himself.

Yes, he is the embodiment of chaos, disorder, hatred, fear... Thievery, death, destruction, desolation!

These are the things Garfield represents; HE stole the pipe, HE sits with his back to Jon, Garfield... Garfield, this chaos cat, Garfield has turned his back on everything, everyone!

One recalls the great existential forces in literature... Camus' Meursalt, Kafka's Gregor Samsa, or Sartre's Antoine Roquentin... Garfield the Cat sees the hopelessness of life, which...ah, yes...

This is why Jim Davis has chosen smoking. It represents a recklessness, a... a disregard for what some would define as the beauty of life. Garfield may die from the nicotine, he may not... He defies life; he sits defiant, saying nothing, but looking as if he could say... "Then let me die... it does not matter."

It does not matter."

I can never not laugh at loss edits

When I was 18... 18 years old, I saw for the first time in my life. I saw an image of clarity. I saw a comic strip, a three panel comic strip that, though simple as it seemed, changed me... changed my being, changed who I am... Made me who I am. Enlightened me...

The strip, Garfield, the comic strip was new... no more than maybe a month and a half since inception, since... since coming into existence, and there it was before me in print, I saw it: a comic strip... What was it called? Garfield.

The story here is of a man, a plain man. He is Jon, but he is more than that... I will get to this later, but first let us say that he's Jon, a plain man. And then there is a cat... Garfield. This is the nature of the world, here. When I see the world, the politics, the future, the... the satellites in space, and... the people who put them there. You can look at everything as a man and a cat... two beings, in harmony and at war.

So, this strip I saw; this man, Jon, and the cat, Garfield, you see...Yes... hmm...It is about everything. This little comic is, oh, lo and behold... not so little anymore. So yes, when I was 18, I saw this comic and it hit me all at once, its power. I clipped it, and every day, I looked at it, and I said "Okay... let me look at this here. What is this doing to me? Why is this so powerful?"

Jon Arbuckle, he sits here, legs crossed, comfortable in his home, and he reads his newspaper. The news of the world, perhaps... and then he extends his fingers lightly, delicately... he taps his fingers on an end table, and he feels for something. What is it? It is something he needs, but it is not there. And then he looks up, slightly cockeyed, and he thinks... His newspaper's in his lap now, and he thinks this: Now where could my pipe be?

This... I always come to this, because I was a young man. I'm older now, and I still don't have the secrets, the answers, so this question still rings true, Jon looks up and he thinks... Now where could my pipe be?

bgreco.net/garfield/

I always thought the joke was that Garfield had a spare pipe, much to Jon's annoyance.

>it takes him 46 minutes to say "It's a joke!"

Loss is a piece of memetic art that will never have an equal