Now that the dust has settled we can all agree that The Dark Knight is the best cape movie

Now that the dust has settled we can all agree that The Dark Knight is the best cape movie

How many times did my fellow anons watch this in teather? I think around 4 times for me.

Spider-Man 2

It and Batman Begins were very good yes.

TDKR was a fucking embarassment

>TDKR is bad meme
2deep4u mr.pleb?

TDKR was a good movie. Weakest of the three, but it wasn't bad.

Returns > vs. Superman > 89 >Dark Knight > Begins > 66 > Rises > Forever > and Robin

>vs. Superman
>that high

The Rocketeer

it definitely was

i love dark knight

but my heart belongs to the avengers
the first one is my favorite of all time

BvS was superior.

It ain't even the best Batman movie.
It is, in fact, the third worst Batman movie, just after the other two members of its trilogy.

Yeah, fair. Avengers was more innovative, but in hindsight it was just an okay movie that hit theaters at the right time, while The Dark Knight will become a timeless classic.

It was bad. "You're a big guy... for you" scene? That was a directing mistake because Nolan misread HIS OWN SCRIPT.

Read the script, it was supposed to be clear that "for you" means "It would be extremely painful... for you." with CIA interrupting him in the middle.
But Nolan flubbed the directing on this one, so meme was born.

Objectively speaking, yes_

I would definitely call it the best movie that happens to be based on B-list or higher comic book IP.

>literally hating a movie because of a forced Sup Forums meme

>trying this hard to be edgy

It's not even the best film of the Nolan trilogy OP.

No, edgy would be liking this edgy rubbish. Batman is shit without laughs.

It was pretty great, though TDKR retroactively shits on it.

>"So we'll chase him because he can take it."
>Batman actually can't take it and quits

>TDKR
>good
>when it boils down to the city being held hostage by a magic bomb
>when Bane's plan is releasing prisoners into the street to inspire hope
>when Bruce develops romantic interest Selena Kyle after she steals from him
>when Bruce suddenly has sex with Miranda Tate just so she can surprise stab him later
>Batman is okay with Catwoman killing Bane and also kills Talia despite moralfagging about no killing the whole film

And that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

No Batman film is as good at adapting Batman as the Arkham games

No, it's dull trash which non-comic readers think is GOAT because its "dark".

Don't forget the amazing fight choreography

The Dark Knight is just an intense crime film that stars a guy in cape

I can't honestly say it's a cape film. It lacks the conventions of a cape film.

Normally in cape movies you would have a big CGI superpowered villain, and a big climactic battle. Dark Knight has none of that, just people with guns and bombs going after each other.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a really good movie. But nothing about it feels like a true cape film.

>Sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.
>PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HARVEY DENT

This desu

The trilogy was pretty damn good overall, TDK especially, but it doesn't really have that much in common with movies like The Avengers when you get down to it.

If you're gonna mention that, it's shit in all of Nolan's Batman movies.