Sup Forums stuff that's popular in other countries

Sup Forums stuff that's popular in other countries.

Stitch is huge in Japan.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/07/10/spider-man-homecoming-india-debut-weekend-pulverizes-franchise-records/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=E-6xk4W6N20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are there any Stitch doujins?

The Simpsons are pretty big in Italy (not that it's surprising)

Johnny Bravo is apparently big enough in India where he got a movie exclusive to there (Even though there's a version in English) animated at CN India.

Is Lilo and Stitch anyone else here's favorite Disney property or am I alone?

Clearly you're not alone since it got like, five DTV movies, a TV series, and an anime. And was one of the most requested characters back when Disney Infinity came out.

Spider-Man is beloved by Japan, so much that Toei's show started the Super Sentai franchise.

I meant even now; Accounting for all the new properties as well.

>Stitch is huge in Japan.
oh i know

>Toei's show started the Super Sentai franchise

I did not know this

While it's not a huge hit, I've heard that Korra is a cult fave in Japan as opposed to the original Avatar. I don't know if it's true or not as I haven't come across a reliable source.

It's also popular in china.

Donald Duck is quite big in Norway

Woody Woodpecker is huge in Brazil. Universal will release a WW film there in October.

How To Train Your Dragon is pretty big in Germany. The tie-in show aired completly on television, it flew under the radar when it only aired on CN but it instantly became a successfull smash hit once it hit Super RTL (which is a free channel). Shit is so successfull, it has it's own section in a huge German amusment park. Not just a roller coaster ride but a whole subsection. In fact, the show was so big it made Nickelodeon air thier Dreamworks IP's as well.

However, despite the success Super RTL never actually milked the show or other Dreamworks IPs to death, it still isn't immune to the usual channel practice. They still get rotated out and they still won't get more than an hour of airing time daily and half of that is repeating the episode aired yesterday.

Not a big shock that the Kung Fu Panda movies were huge in China. But they were apparently so big, that higher ups in China started to question why is America making better Chinese films than China? That eventually led to Dreamworks opening up Dreamworks Oriental as well as China trying to improve their CG film output with stuff like Rock Dog, Monkey King, and Little Door Gods.

Lot of Japanese artists love the Robins, really REALLY love them

Not huge but for cult following if you look on twitter there are doujins for most of the popular American cartoon shows from westaboos.

>Disney thing is popular somewhere
no way

Latin America is CRAZY for the Simpsons, particularly Bart

Wacky Races was hugely popular in Japan and they still do parodies and homages to it because it's so well-loved.

Dunno what Wacky Races did that appealed to the Japanese so much, but OK.

Mexicans.

Love.

TOP CAT.

UNA VELA

While that user is saying shit, the Spider-Man toku and Marvel in general did had some influence in Sentai. Hell, Battle Fever J at some point in production was supposed to be a Captain America adaption.
Damn, I wish I had the pic that explains it all.

If a shoe is popular overseas, chances are they dubbed it rather well in that language.

This too.

(Ironically, Danger Mouse is virtually unknown there)

I mean, the Stitch anime exists.

>Implying all Disney is popular equally
Moana isn't popular in Asia while Frozen is because she looks like a pop star. Disney Duck comics are also very unpopular here but fucking huge in Europe. Zootopia is also huge in Asia because it's cute animals.

>hawaiian
>loli
>no male love interest
>lives with oppai oniichan and bizarre alien best friend
I mean, it just checks off so many of their boxes.

A part of me is suprised there's never been an obscure Spider-man manga.

>oniichan
its onee

Thanks. I always confuse the two.

What the fuck.

But there has

Are you screwing with me?

And not that one random American comic where the Green Goblin is a yokai and there's ninjas for some reason, in a barely manga style.

not that guy but

There's on from 1970

Well shit.

Just Stitch and the other aliens are popular though. Asia frequently writes Lilo out in favor of their own little girl OC.

>Spiderman fucking kills everyone:the manga

Is this the manga when Peter masturbates?

Brazilians love Woody Woodpecker

Ashita no Joe?

Try Devilman

It really says something about the Japanese when they replace a girl with their same skin tone (Okinawans, anyway) with a while girl.

*white

That too. The faces seem more Go Nagai's style but the shading and outlines are closer to Kajiwara's.

>Indians known for attempting to overcompensate with machismo and try relentlessly to pick up women
>Cartoon lampooning overcompensating macho men who try relentlessly to pick up women is extremely popular in India

It's like poetry.

So is Thomas the Tank Engine

India loves Spider-Man. The movies have been among the highest grossing in the country's history, and there's even a comic series with an Indian version of Peter Parker. Here's some info on how well Homecoming did there

google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/07/10/spider-man-homecoming-india-debut-weekend-pulverizes-franchise-records/amp/

>and there's even a comic series with an Indian version of Peter Parker.

>"Uncle Bim"

It was pretty hilarious.

ever see tokyo drift?

>Stitch got another loli to hang out with

He gets around.

Would Stitch give Elvis a blowjob if he asked him to?

I don't know if it's 100% true, but I'm pretty sure Flash was casted as Indian because that only would boost sales in India.

I guess just having one person of your culture in the cast is enough to do it for some people.

>wad are you gona do barker, usd de toylet?

youtube.com/watch?v=E-6xk4W6N20

Why would either of them want it?

Punisher is really huge in the philippines for some reason

It's been my favorite ever since I first watched it and it hasn't been topped yet
>dat comfy Hawaiian setting
>those alien character and spaceship designs
>main character is a creature capable of destroying entire civilizations
>ohana
>Hawaiian rollar coatar ride
How can other Disney properties even compete?

It's actually amazingly rare for a protagonist in a anime or manga to be full blood foreigner, it's either half-Japanese or just Japanese but grew up somewhere else. Japan has a really limited idea of what the rest of the world is like. They learned much from America Senpai.

With their president right now, I can see why.

>half-Japanese

Not often. Haffus are universally frowned upon by the Japanese. Most characters in shows who aren't full-blooded Japanese are awkwardly and deliberately said to be three-quarters Japanese, because then they can't be called haffus.

The Japanese really, really, really don't like haffus.

"for some reason"

I think the propaganda minister was pissed because the Chinese couldn't come up with a concept like a panda that does Kung-Fu and the whole zodiac stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised because ATLA had the Fire Nation was based on Imperial Japan andJapan consistently has shit taste

I did say it was rare, like so rare the only one I can think of at the top of my head is JoJo #3 and on for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

half english

>Haffus are universally frowned upon by the Japanese
how come?

Fun fact: Johnny Bravo is so popular in India that it actually became slang there. The use the term "Johnny Bravo" to describe someone or something that carries traits, or is reminiscent of the titular character.
Example:
"How did his date go last night?"
"He Johnny Bravo-ed it."

i really want to rewatch Lilo and Stitch now. It's been too long. I remember watching the tv series a lot too. It was pure cartoon kino

>how come?

Culturally, they have very strong feelings about genetic purity. Haffus aren't allowed to hold higher positions in businesses.

Look up Ariana Miyamoto sometime. She was the 2016 Miss Universe winner and she represented Japan. She was a haffu, though, and it became a national scandal in Japan, with people insisting she should be disqualified because she wasn't 100% true Japanese.

The Japanese wanted to disqualify their own representative who had won because they were ashamed she wasn't pure. They are VERY serious about haffus over there.

doubtful

no one watches the simpsons anymore

a-a-a-any conniexsteven doujins?

>Haffus are universally frowned upon by the Japanese. Most characters in shows who aren't full-blooded Japanese are awkwardly and deliberately said to be three-quarters Japanese, because then they can't be called haffus

Ken in Street Fighter used to be half-Japanese, but Capcom changed him to being 3/4 Japanese recently because the attitude toward haffus has gotten so negative in the country.

He should be. Their president is awesome and the rest of the world needs to learn from them.

I think that's bullshit.
BUT I BELIEVE IT.

latinos love The Simpsons, or maybe that's just Sup Forums.

Well shit, I though Ken was another American, but with subtle (well subtle for Japan anyway) foreign undertones. Compared to other Americans in Japanese media, it's always hilarious and always a stereotype.

why not?

the rest of the world should learn from them and develop the same attitude.

>oppai oniichan
Jesus christ how horrifying.

>Ariana Miyamoto

What they did to her was shitty, but she was also half-negro and ew.

good for them

>half-negro and ew

you mean "jew"?

>Jaspis doujin
n-nani??
tfw it's probably futa

Tex Avery cartoons are beloved in France.

Charlie Brown, Snoopy et al. are tremendously popular in Japan to this day.

>Culturally, they have very strong feelings about genetic purity. Haffus aren't allowed to hold higher positions in businesses.

It's actually better to be a full-on gaijin in Japan than a haffu. Gaijins they ignore, but haffus they openly despise and discriminate against. Theyre basically second class citizens.

Poland.

AHKJ is getting following as well.

that was nice but in waht country is it supposed to be popular?

fuck you, people can't help who their parents are

No, he means ewe, a common mistake.

Older season like most.
The latin dubbing is sort of legendary here.

There was first an India exclusive episode similar to the movie. They went and did the movie because it was popular.

but society can make sure it doesn't accept things that destroy it

the west needs to learn this lesson

Fuck yeah, Star and Uncle Grandpa.

half-breed mutation unnatural abomination detected

but a lot of them don't even care about Lilo, I've seen so much japanese merch of Stitch it's crazy. Figures, plushes, clothes, you name it

I guarantee you're a fucking mutt
half your ancestors (at least half) would've seen the other half as not white, not European, not American, not civilized, or at the very least not someone their kids should be around