Why do people love live-action superhero adaptations so much when animation is the more worthy medium...

Why do people love live-action superhero adaptations so much when animation is the more worthy medium? There could've been an MCU & DCEU as huge budget animated films instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M
youtube.com/watch?v=muCtJsy-d9w
youtube.com/watch?v=wsf78BS9VE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because cartoons are for kids, dumbass.

Animated films are not considered "real" films.

DELETE THIS

You have to understand that the average person is really, really, stupid and makes most of their decisions via emotional reasoning and consensus. "Cartoons are for kids" isn't just a slight bias, it's a deeply held emotional assumption such that normal adults literally feel anxiety/fear of social shame if they watch a cartoon for themselves rather than taking their kids or as a family excursion. No, there is no rational reason an animated movie about Superman (or anything else) must be any less socially acceptable for an adult to watch than a live-action one, but that's how most people feel and they will never question that assumption.

/thread

Because cartoons got a stigma for being for kids.

Even when people tried to defend the anime age for being more mature, anime would always go "WOAH! LOOK AT HOW BIG THOSE BOOBS ARE!" *Nosebleed* moments.

Well, that really sucks. I guess I'll just stick to reading comics. I'm just really tired of live-action adaptations getting so much success and attention.

But only cartoons are considered to be for kids.

Adults aren't stigmatized for watching anime, not in that sense anyways. (The basement dweller stereotype is a bit different.)

Castlevania was a recent western animation that wasn't for kids. Do you think Netflix could be the future for breaking the stigma? Also, DC's original animated films lately have had a more adult tone. I look forward to the day that western animation is able to use the medium to tell a wide variety of stories and genres just like japan does.

>I look forward to the day that western animation is able to use the medium to tell a wide variety of stories and genres just like japan does.
It did back in the 2000s, and yet the stigma wasn't broken. Pic very much related.

And I don't think streaming services are the future for anything really.

Boy one of those sure doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

If you mean GF, that's because it has 2000s-style writing, if (sadly) not art style. (And in fact it does it better than any cartoons from that actual era.)

Those were all kids shows. We have to make stuff for adults that isn't just LOL DRUGS BLOOD LANGUAGE

If it doesn't have that stuff, it's not "adult" by definition. But all the shows I pointed out are mature in other ways, to varying degrees.

Agreed. I want adult as in treated seriously able to portray emotions the same way live-action movies or anime do. Not held back or being limited to being funny and watered down for children.

Trips have spoken.

It'll take an outsider of the system (someone will the capabilities and knowledge) to produce it.

>Adults aren't stigmatized for watching anime, not in that sense anyways. (The basement dweller stereotype is a bit different.)
Yea it's so different to be seen as a weeb manchild rather than a run of the mill manchild

>Picks the worst modern Batman cartoon as one of the best cartoons of all time
List invalidated

Trips may have spoken, but they haven't said anything meaningful.
>I want adult as in treated seriously able to portray emotions the same way live-action movies or anime do. Not held back or being limited to being funny and watered down for children.
>LOL DRUGS BLOOD LANGUAGE

It really is, though. Try telling someone you regularly rewatch the shows on that grid I posted ITT. Now compare if that were a list of 9 animes.

Butthurt TASfag detected. Anyone with real taste knows The Batman is the best Batman cartoon.

Nice try but I'm a Brave and the Bold lover, fuck off with your contrarian shit.

I honestly believe the biggest mistake DC is making is going live action, their characters and universe work far better animated.

If they'd stop trying to make everything gritty and real and actually made something animated with real budget (unlike that garbage they put out on DVD twice a year)

It's sad but this is 100% true.

Literally all of those are kids shows, granted a few of them could be enjoyed by audiences of all ages, but the target is still kids.

You're seriously missing the point.

No. The potential audience for animated media will always be smaller by several orders of magnitude than the potential audience for a big budget live action production.

Great post. Well said, m8.

People are stupid. If you showed a normie an animated scene of a rape they would automatically say "Still for kids." Obvious exaggeration aside, yeah mainstream masses of people are fucking stupid.

This is good, someone must cap this post.

That is such a stupid image

Why?

And that creates a vicious cycle, sadly. The less adults willing to latch onto good animation, the less studios are willing to pay out for it, which means less quality content, less adults wanting to watch, less confidence in animation.

Only way to break out is for a studio to take an big leap of faith on a groundbreaking project at this point.

The last time someone tried to do that, we got Delgo.

It should be replaced by adveture time

>huge budget animated films instead

I want a Batman movie with the quality of the Arkham games trailers. Preferably set in the Arkhamverse.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M

youtube.com/watch?v=muCtJsy-d9w

youtube.com/watch?v=wsf78BS9VE0