I'm not even sure I know what's going on in this book right now

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tommybIakes/status/890258083901038592
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I earned my hangover

Yeah it's certainly different than the v1

it's a totally different kind of confusing and I'm honestly rather lost

Hello, Storyteller.

Speaking of not knowing what's going on, I just picked up Gravity Rush today. This game feels like a semi-SOL anime series, and I swear that's deliberate.

It's all gone a bit Tim Burton.

>gay Eobard
>good bad dad Manta

fun DC week

Cautiously optimistic about Chris Kent existing again but with my luck they'll just make him a villain for good.

(just in case)

Kon-El never.

right, what was out yesterday, I missed everything

The Metropolis Kid will be back....in the new Death and Return DTV two-part movie.

/aco/ was a mistake.

Someone told me Bucky died again and I'm all for Spencer:Bucky::Giffen:Karate Kid

I think there's a decent chance he returns just because Johns like him, but I guess we'll see

Well, it sure made for a few new complaints whenever I storytimed a new issue of Crossed.

One time I read all of Crossed for reasons I'm still unsure of.

That reminds me, SE is really not justifying its length at all.

Seeing that GIRLS is giving me flashbacks.

Hi OP. I picked up full runs of Damage and Hawkworld (v2) for a grand total of $24 from my LCS's moving sale yesterday, so that was pretty cool.

Marvel "killed" Black Widow in Secret Empire this week and there were some not happy people on twitter

And man Sorrentino's art in that book is horrible

JLA was okay, if still mediocre as fuck. At least the microverse thing is finally going to get started.

WW was fine, though notable for two things: 1) a bunch of people got mad as hell at Lasso power creep, and it was hilarious. 2) Mayfly is back. Yeah, of all the obscure rogues to bring out. Neat.

What was the last event that did?

Honestly I'm just ignoring it until I can read it all at once, right now

nice

>And man Sorrentino's art in that book is horrible

People were confused as to how the guy's knees got stabbed

That lasso thing was actually cool as fuck. I love comics bullshit.

Weird, but cool.

Okay, this is the chick we met last issue

this book is too weird
are you going to do something fun next

docket's kind of open because I forgot what else we were thinking about?

twitter.com/tommybIakes/status/890258083901038592

Watch her come back later with a blonde wig

Other day, people were talking about Wolfman's Vigilante, and I though it sounded interesting.

Just gonna use this as an excuse to post WW lasso sketch I liked

>twitter.com/tommybIakes/status/890258083901038592
lol

It was some straight up Silver Age shit.

Not really sure why people got mad. This isn't the craziest thing the Lasso has ever been involved with. Remember the time it broke, and the very concept of Truth itself started to break down? Objective reality stopped working because the Lasso of Truth was broken.

Reversing gene therapy is tame in comparison.

It was a strong start, people running Underground comics and old Heavy Metal.

We could always do Nu52 Amethyst, since it's only nine issues. Because there is no justice in this world.

True, I just felt that it was sorta annoying when people would come into my threads to corral me into that board.

Sup Forums is a LCD kinda place, it was pretty inevitable where it'd end up.

I dun wanna go running but I should, having spent the day mostly asleep

it only gets good when Kupperberg takes over
how about Starstuck, Codename: Knockout or Jonny Quest or some random no name series

this is totally being written by some kind of B/W noir Markov chain at this point

do old Amethyst please, I have the showcase and its black&white bullshit and the story just ends and isn't fully collected

okay, here's the plot proper

we read that a while ago

There's no actual proper conclusion to that plot hook. Crisis happens and everything goes off the rails.

We actually did run OG Amethyst a while back. Damn good stuff. Got kinda crap when the Lords of Order shit started.

oh dang
oh dang
it was really fun but I imagine so much better with color lol

And yeah, Amethyst gets weird and never really wraps up properly and then the mini gets *really* weird

Hi thread! Other people make managing look likendown time but it is not.

I'm like halfway thru secret empire and it is good (except for the Zub Xmen one shot)

That art is totally worth it though.

it's gorgeous, it's just moody, introspective, and a real shift from the previous run

I'm shocked that a Zub book sucks

That Zub one-shot reads like it was written before the final scripts for the X-men status quo were complete before SE released

> Zub
I miss Zeb Wells writing at Marvel.

he had a surprisingly poignant "advice from a failed comics writer" thread on twitter

I think my problem is that I don't give a shit about most of the characters or plots so it just feels like a drag.

The Miles thing was kind of interesting in theory but I didn't like how they resolved it.

>What's happening?
Good question.

Events are just too goddamn long. Secret Empire is solicited for what, 11 issues? And that's not counting build-up and aftermath. Everyone's books have to get rolled into this shit.

it's the plot to blow up Radiant City, blame it on Mr. X, and then rebuild properly

I would just like to say that I have seen enough commentary about autofellatio today to last me a lifetime.

Did Marilyn Manson weigh in?

Oh shit I'd forgotten about that

IMO Bernard Shaw had the last word on autofellatio. He who can, does. He who cannot, reaches.

>I would just like to say that I have seen enough commentary about autofellatio today to last me a lifetime.
... Yeah okay, I'll bite. Please elaborate.

Hopefully this one will be more based on the original story. Last one was basically Timm and Dini taking some bits from it and doing their own thing with it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, Superman vs a Clone that's basically People's Perception of him is a sweet fight, but when you were hoping for more Doomsday or the various Superman replacements, it's kinda disappointing. Didn't even have Bibbo for fuck's sake.

some guy named Mooch was talking shit

Yeah, I had that conversation when it was announced.

As an original plot...Clone Blues isn't too bad.

But it just squanders everything good about Death and Return

Are you talking about Superman: Doomsday? I barely remember it besides that it was gay as fuck.

>a bunch of people got mad as hell at Lasso power creep,
It's contained not one, but two blasts from a pair of nuclear payloads. In the same arc, it was used to wrangle a fire. Diana just loops the fucking thing around a building that's on fire, and pulls it away.

Impossible you say? Fire isn't solid it can't be contained? Lasso of Truth don't care. Lasso of Truth can grab hold of anything. Except the Mansplaining.

it's still too hot to go outside :(

I've seen that thing posted at least once this week, but the janitors quickly killed the shitposting.

Lasso vs Persuader's axe: who wins?

axe is superior hax and bullshit

Somehow they both end up destroying each other.

The axe seems to be able to cut limitlessly, so it could just cut the lasso's ability not to be cut by it. It's straight up anime levels.

okay, this is a motivation and a plot

To be fair, you could argue that as part of the oft forgotten "sisterhood with fire" she has.

Uncanny avengers has this really good Coipel style artist and I'd said it's gonna have Zub

Oh yeah. Best part was the shield making Magik's mutant powers not work

His New Mutants run is amazing.

I hope Ewing ends up with mai X-babies, anyone else is scary. And they have movie snyergy to fight! Already terrified Rahne is gonna become Arya

is it Izaakse, the one good artist on Buckybolts?

Jacinto according to Marvels site. On mobile or I'd post pages

I forgot about that Magik part, but that is consistent with every other teleporting thing. America can't teleport through the shield, and Nightcrawler can't seem to teleport either.
I was referring more to Emma being hidden away in the shadows in it. In every Blue issue she is out in the open in New Tian, and in that sidebook (like Choosing Sides and Frontline) she is posing for movie premeire events in the public eye.

It was a while ago but I remember a couple of people wanting to do Priest's Ray series.

it's honestly not great. The character has a lot of potential though...
His Steel run is underrated though.