Watching Futurama reruns on TV

>watching Futurama reruns on TV
>not paying that much attention
>it's the episode where the gang first head into the sewers to search for Nibbler
>focus back on the show during the Chupaneegre (?) story-time
>see Leela's parents standing with the crowd as they gather for half a second before the scene changed

holy shit, they weren't even 15 away from her
this was the first time I ever noticed them just standing there

post times when a show would seed plot points/references for future episodes on the sly, sometimes seasons in advance

It blows my mind, they had a lot of it planned out ahead to do all this.

I don't get this one

Man, I didn't remember that episode at all

Nibbler's species are long lived and knew they needed Fry to counter the Brains final plans. They froze Fry until they needed him to roll in on Snooty Puff Jr.

It's the pilot episode I think unless it's the later season episode where fry falls into the time machine. If it's the pilot episode you can see nibbler's shadow which became a major plot point later in the seasons

In the very first episode you can see Nibbler's shadow below Fry, hinting that he was pushed. It wasn't a retcon when they revealed it, they literally set it up in the show's premiere.

That's actually pretty awesome.

When did it all go so wrong?

It's reveled in a later season that Nibbler was the one that pushed Fry into cryo-stasis to save the future from brain aliens.

The screencap in is from the very first episode, showing that the writers planned Nibbler's story arc from the beginning.

Not to mention the only reason why Fry was immune to the Brains was because he impregnated his own grandmother, which he did seemingly as a one-off gag in an episode.

YOU MEAN SCOTTY-PUFF SR.

The movies or, depending on how you feel about them, just after the movies.

didn't they go back in and edit this to be a lot more obvious. I was watching this on netflix and it held on the frame a lot longer than I remember

The Dog Dies

Was literally about to post this myself.

Good job, user.

Are there really people who hate the movies? I can understand disliking them, but does anyone really hate them, and if so why?

Some people I've spoken to didn't like them, but they seem to be a minority.
Most seem to either like them or only have neutral feelings towards them.

The middle two movies were hot garbage, but the first and the last movie were great. The first season after the movie ranged from okay to bad and everything after that was shit.

I know they bring up the scene where Chameleon is revealed to have posed as Norman in The Uncertainty Principle in the grand finale, but rewatching that scene, there's a lot of hints that something is very off with it, from Norman walking to the front door and surprising the guard who says it's unusual for him to do that, to just downloading stuff from his computer for some reason, to his response when the Green Goblin robs Oscorp ('What did HE steal?"), and Gobby's fucking face when he sees "Norman".

They laid the groundwork that something about the Harry reveal was off, yet the true mystery isn't revisited and solved until the end of the following season.

Oh, undoubtedly the final season was rough. But I thought BwaBB and Bender's Game were alright, if having bad spots in them. I haven't watched them since maybe half a year after they first aired, but in my mind the only bad parts were Hermes and Amy in Bender's Game.

Not a huge plot example, but they had this random ass castle in the Humpty Dumpty episode of Beware the Batman that no one explained or questioned.

Then, 19 episodes later, it gets an actual explanation (it was the Gotham Armory), actual backstory, a pivotal scene of the series's story arc takes place in it, and gets blown up by the end.

futurama never really reached that point of so bad it's unwatchable. There's some duds scattered about but the worst episodes kind of hover around boring.

Dunno, I do know that when asked if it was there from the start or edited in later. David Cohen said it was there for the first airing.

It could be seen as them working around what Ice King said but
>I didn't steal it! I made that item, made it with magic that I stole!

Evergreen did make the crown after stealing and implanting Magwood's magic gem eyes into it

Foreshadowing and future plot threads are pretty good in Weisman shows.

I still like how the "future" episodes of some of his shows (Future Tense in Gargoyles, Failsafe in Young Justice) drop hints of the actual future in both obvious and subtle ways.

Scooty Puff Junior suuuuuuuuuuuucccckkks!!!

I remember some wizard falling down a cavern, wasn't he rescued moments later?

Everything does

>Weisman
>good
Pick one

It didn't.

Or the crown crying.
Funny the first time I you see it, really unsettling when you know why it's crying.

For a while, I always wondered why Fry's shadow wasn't there too until I thought about it. The timeline where he rides Scooty Puff Jr. can't happen if he goes back and tells Nibbler that version of the ride sucks.