ITT: The first time you stood up and clapped in the cinema during a comic book movie

ITT: The first time you stood up and clapped in the cinema during a comic book movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ccey7IJLCM
youtube.com/watch?v=CMKWPtJc18c
youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA6MXdV2M&t=43s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>being american

That scene in Homecoming where Peter asks Liz to homecoming and she straddles him in the hall, saying she wants his white babies.

>clapping in the cinema

Is it really that weird that we clap at the end of a movie?

Road to Perdition. The shooting under the rain.

Yes

The movie can't hear you clapping

It was the first time I got a boner in the cinema during a comic book movie, that's for sure.

Yes.
It's not the actual theatre where the actors/production can hear you.

Pretty sure all the women in the theater got wet during this scene

But the projectionist can

Did you know that outside of America they don't even have theater falcons?

They also don't tip the mass shooters. It's fucked up if you ask me.

CA:TWS, Steve's speech.
A country is not about the weight or responsibility of governments, politicians, money, tech, resources, armies, etc alone. It's about all of us doing what we can.

im borderline asexual but goddamn this scene

why would he care, it's not like he made the movie

Most clapping I ever saw was at The Avengers.

Every quip, every comic relief line:

>"He's adopted!"
BAHAHAHA *clap clap clap*

>"So that's what it does!"

>Hulk punches Thor

>"Puny god."

He's the last link in the whole process, and, believe me, a good projectionist makes a difference.

There's a reason why the US is often referred to as Clapistan here on Sup Forums.

I've never stood up during any actual scene but whenever the comic book writers and artists show up in the credits I make a point of clapping until the last name is off the screen.

I don't even know if there is a projectionist outside of america, personally I never noticed any difference whenever I watched a movie so I always thought there wasn't
but why clap for him anyway? do you clap to any person that does their job?

It's not about that, it's about the audience and their perception of the movie in relation to each other.

Gets it.

Of course some of you autists manage to be lonely even in a crowd.

When the job is good, sure, I try to show my appreciation. Don't you?

>Not clapping after the driver brings your take out on time
See this is why everyone else has to tip. All you had to do was give a little applause to show appreciation, now we're paying out of the pocket as gratitude.

DONE IN FRONT!

Asshole.

some people clapped when wonder woman flew in at the end of Batman V Superman, but I think clapping in a cinema is a asshole move.

like fuck you niggers I'm trying to watch the fucking movie here.

It's fucking retarded. And I'm American.

Humans are reactionary creatures. Expecting them to remain silent during a funny or exciting film is undoubtedly asking for too much but at the same time do remember you're watching with others around you.

The only acceptable sounds are:

Laughing at a funny movie
Screaming at a scary one
Crying at a sad movie
Oooooh Aaaaaaaaaaah OOOOOOOHS kinds of sounds during exciting parts or shocking moments are not especially rude but do remain seated.

Also you are not beating the system by texting instead of talking on the phone. If a phone comes out at any point and it's not informing you your children are dead then everyone in the audience is allowed to punch you.

I wonder how many women started fingering their pussies to this scene in the movie theater.

The Dark Knight. Opening night, that theater was fucking electric.

I've seen clapping in a theater once and it was two people clapping until they realized nobody was doing it with them.

Beat me to it.

It's still fucking stupid user.

you can get kicked out of cinema for claping or being loud here. But the inner claping would have to be seeing blade runner for the first time and the end monolog "I have seen things...". Reacted strong to it, mostly because I was fresh out of my 1 year in military.

The only time I felt justified to clap at the end of a movie was when I attended a screening of Phantom of the Paradise. It was hosted by an indie project with a small group of people and they were present during it. I live in Brazil and this was literally the first time the movie was being screened to an audience here, because the movie didn't do well and it had very limited distribution.

It is my favorite movie and the audience I was with seemed to be in awe of it. So during the credits I, and the rest, started clapping. I did it because I wanted to show my appreciation for the people at the screening, I did it because this was a moment worth remembering (again: this was the first time in history that this movie was screened to a Brazilian audience), I did it because this literally never happened during any of their screenings and I did it because it's basic human instinct to clap at something you are enthusiastic about. I was so happy the movie was met with such enthusiasm. And of course it was at the credits.

Standing up and clapping during a movie is a dick move and it's beyond unpleasant.
But depending on the circumstance I think it can actually be a wonderful thing. Especially if the people who went through the trouble of bringing this movie to you are present.
It's corny and stupid but sometimes it's worth it.

That little discoloration in the middle of his chest looked like an arc reactor in the thumbnail.

I've literally never seen this happen. One Sup Forumsirgin attempted to start one and awkwardly put his head down and quickly left with his hands in his pockets though.

that scene bothered me because the helicopter was taking off, he jumped and pulled it down and was holding it close to the platform
it doesn't matter how strong he is, stopping something from taking off would be based on his weight unless hes anchored to something, so until he grabbed that pole the helicopter shouldn't have met any resistance in taking off. He shoulda been picked up just like a regular passenger

youtube.com/watch?v=1ccey7IJLCM

I understand MUH MOVIE PHYSICS and all, but for the sake of believability there needs to be a thread of logic running through it all

Never. And will never do it. It's fucking idiotic.
I only applaud at classical music concerts

I literally have not seen someone clap at the end of a film since I was like 8. Who the fuck claps for films besides children?

i dont know why this is called an american thing when other countries do it too
i'm from mexico and i've seen it happen at the end of homecoming, and this guy claims to be from brazil
do americans just do it more oftne ?

Most modern theaters have everything set by computer, so even if there is a projectionist, their job is done before the first show even starts.

At least is not India.

youtube.com/watch?v=CMKWPtJc18c

as an american I've never seen this happen personally. probably in fancier places

it's more for yourself and those around you I suppose. the dead don't see you either but you still pay respects with a moment of silence

Never. I show respect to a film's crew and their work by staying until the credits are over.

unless the movie was garbage

holy christ

Honestly this, didn't clap myself, but I've never seen a more upbeat crowd, fuck everyone was cheering and clapping, hell the title card got a standing ovation.

And yet I was at the opening night of both Episode I, and NuHope, and not even a cricket could be heard.

'murrican here. I've never seen anyone clap at a movie. Sometimes in pg13 horror movies you get kids shouting or cheering at the gore but thats about it.

Being american must true suffering.

I'm starting to think it's a regional thing since there are so many conflicting reports of always having happen or literally never seeing anyone do it.

West Central Florida fag here, nobody claps.

To answer your question OP, granted I didn't stand up because come on, but it was The Dark Knight once the credits rolled.

That being said I'm kind of confused by all of the 'Clapping???' responses in this thread and a little bummed out because some of the best movie experiences are the ones that are opening night/first showing in a packed house.

I'm a burger and I've literally never seen it happen once and I go to the movies all the damn time.

I don't know really, i don't go to the cinema that much but the only time i hear people clapping at the end of a movie here was at pacific rim

Here's the logic: He's a fucking super soldier who is hyped up on magic serum that basically gives him inhuman abilities and strength.

>'Clapping???' responses

Yeah, from New York and most opening nights on hyped movies like Avengers, I've consistently seen people clap during packed houses. I've seen people clapping during special Jaws anniversary screenings, for Rocky movies, superhero stuff. I remember way back when Incredible Hulk came out, people clapped at the end when he said "HULK SMASH!". And it's great everytime, it hypes you up and makes you enjoy the movie more.

How did Watts get away with it?

>when he switches his grip on that bar and flexes his bicep

When this happened, my girlfriend put her hand down her pants and said she "had an itch" but she was scratching for a long time and moaning a lot. What did it mean?

Exactly.

No shit the cast and crew aren't going to hear people clapping and cheering but there's this energy with a packed theater crowd that's so much fun.

>The truck scene in TDK (Well this one was more of a few people clapping and mostly whistling and wows.)
>Hulk Smash
>Wonder Woman showing up in BvS for the first time.
>Seeing Thanos for the first time in the MCU proper.
>Black Widow saving the council in TWS.
>Ending of TDKR.
>The beginning of 'The Force Awakens'.

I only see white people do this in my theatre is it just you guys?

Mostly white people, yeah.

That said, theaters full of black people are the best, specifically horror films.

Some people literally clapped at the Sony logo when I went to see Spiderman Homecoming.

Some guy in the theater yelled "REALLY?" and they stopped. Was pretty funny, the whole theater laughed.

Is this MLG

>the Sony logo
Did sony have their logo? as in Sony Pictures Entertainment?

I only recall the Columbia Pictures logo.

I'm cringing OP

Yeah, it's the first logo right after the trailers

December 28, 1895

When i wanted to congratulate the Lumière brothers by the fascinating and astounding invention that they presented to the public. Since then i never clapped again, because it's a fucking movie

>being wealthy
>being well fed
>being free
>owning a gun
Thats what you sound like you cuck.

BRING BACK THE RAJ

>Being lied

>Getting roasted because someone makes an inoffensive joke about a harmless stereotype

Americans can't handle banter.

>try to turn Sup Forums into /bant/
>get BTFO
>"y-y-you just can't handle the offtopic banter!"
Sad!

You could have just ignored the post and gone about your day.

Just saying.

>Knowing how /bant/ is
>Going to /bant/
>Ever

I'm pretty sure I clapped and said an audible "yes" or something during Godzilla 2014 when he holds the Cloverfield's mouth open and shouts down its throat.

I don't know about standing up but opening night The Dark Knight when the Joker did his "magic trick" was probably the most boisterous and euphoric moment I've experienced in a theater. It's like everyone in the theater simultaneously realized they were watching something special, the room fucking exploded.

I didn't know what Hulk says to Loki after wrecking him in Avengers until I watched it at home. The laughing and noise in the theater drowned out his line.

I think you are projecting.

Kylo Ren unsmasking

Bucky's arm weights a ton already.

Were they clapping or laughing?

You clap at him for not sliding a penis picture on the reel switch?

GOAT scene

Might be the greatest unmasking in the entire history of cinema.

What a great movie. It probably helped that i'm new to the franchise so I didn't expect a lot.

Sorry I'm not a yank, I don't retardedly clap for a cinema film.

Didn't clap, but screamed internally, I'm not solo on this, I am?

I'm from Mexico. There is a strong "shut the fuck up" culture when it comes to movies. Unless you are in a kids movie in the middle of the day or sadly get into a movie with 6+ teenagers and they are all trying to be "the cool guy" and start commenting/reacting.

That said, we do get big laughs (usually at visual comedy because expectators are too slow to understand the original joke in english as it happens, or the translation is bad). Scream in scary movie, even the not so scary ones, and a bunch of " hissy" reactions to tension in a sound I can only describe as a piece of meat hitting a very oiled pan.

I really love those. Recently got a big one in Homecoming when Toomes opens the door to pick up Liz.

I miss watching movies in north america. They get all the jokes and cheer at cameos mexicans don't usually get.

I'm not even memeing you guys but Sausage Party was a great experience in the theater. It took a little while but eventually everyone in the packed theater was way into it and having a great time. The used condom joke got a great reaction and everybody lost their minds for the entire orgy scene.

Also in The Simpsons Movie when Ned keeps piling shit onto the hot chocolate.

No, Kylo is Solo

My parents and I have been making fun of people who clap in theaters since I was a child. We're American.

We have no idea why people do this when nobody who made the film is actually present

> Christ I'm such an oldfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA6MXdV2M&t=43s

This part was amazing

>literally going REEEEEEEE
holy shit my sides

See if we got down like that in America shit'd be hype. I'd be down for this

>oldfag
>i'm 32

I'm jealous that you got to see this in the movies. I only got the VHS tape on release day

Fucking good movie tho

Do Americans really clap at the end of every college lecture and tip the professor?

godzilla 2014 opening night atomic breath i remember feeling the excitement from everyone when the blue glow started showing up on the scene

what

>Clapping during a movie
Why? It's not like the cast and crew are there to hear it.