ITT: comics Sup Forums lied about being good

ITT: comics Sup Forums lied about being good

I cant see how this wont be ''things I dont like'' thread.
But damn Sup Forums this arc was disappointing for all the praise it gets here.

It's things you don't like that you only checked out because a shitty imageboard told you to

It's the best Lantern title in years.

The current deathstroke run

>Things OP lied about being bad

Morrisonbats
Johnslantern
DnA Cosmic

In case anyone is looking for good comics to read, this thread is guaranteed to be full of them. Already off to a good start.

>itt, spergs reveal their shittaste

It's written by Humphries. What did you expect?

user plz

what so bad about it?

Shit taste

If you wanted me to feel bad for you that you can't enjoy things, mission accomplished I guess.

The comic is basically a long rant about modern superheroes represented by not-The Authority suck, and how superman is so much better than them, and doesn't really offer a satisfying conclusion to its main argument.

Kelly's DC work is top level cringe. I felt the same reading some of his JLA run.

Since it was mentioned. Pic related to the thread.

>an entire issue dedicated to the hero battling anxiety
>an entire arc dedicated to guns being bad

seriously
fuck these books
they're literately baby's first comic epic

>Morrisonbats
I definitely agree about this.

It's good tho
Are you dense
Morrisonbats is great tho
so is Johnslantern up till blackest night
and if DnA cosmic isn't good, nothing at MArvel is because it's most likely the best run they've had there in years

>mfw people say Johns was good
Whor is a logical conclusion, not anomaly.

Fuck, I don't know why I said Johns, I meant Aaron.

>Morrisonbats
This.
Also Deathstroke, Nightwing and Supersons.

the hell's wrong with you

And DnA GoTG, Superior Foes of Spider-man, Sex Criminals, anything by Tomasi, Ellis Moon Knight, Bendis DD, Alias, Brubaker Captain America

Everything by Fraction. Everything by Johns. Everything by Dixon.

lAlright guys, I'll bite, then what ARE some good comics?

I don't know how co feels about American Alien now but I've seen waay too many comrades suggest it.

It's shit

There are none

This and Gwenpool.Both are trash.

If you like good comic books you should check out champions, totally awesome hulk and deadpool

The Authority.

Maus, Persepolis, Contract with God

>Nightwing and Supersons
Who lied to you about thoes? Especially Nightwing?

>Especially Nightwing
The poor guy was probably tricked by Dick fans. The book is pretty boring.

Fucking Usagi Yojimbo and Bone

>Bendis
Your taste is really bad.

Nextwave

Super sons is excellent you faggot
There's literally a Sup Forums thread up asking why it'd so good and everyone agrees.

You'd just shit on any name thrown out because your precious favorites were insulted.

Grayson.

Like is there any point of this book besides Dick having a great ass?

>defending Bendis
top kek buddy

>everyone agrees
Why are you lying?

>read Bendis in 2017
Lol comrade

>everyone agrees

Good name user you really made me appreciate your taste

There are 2-3 bait comments against it in a thread with over 100 replies.

You mean the thread that got taken by Damifans?

The Sculptor

Who cares what kind of fag you are we're all some kind of fag on this site

95% of the thread overwhelmingly supports the book because it's great.

Thanks, I'm definetly going to check it out!
You insecure fuck

>people say they don't like my muh children book? It's a bait!!

Didn't read them in 2017, numbnuts, although even now there are Bendis apologists in Sup Forums. Years back though I was told to read those because "Bendis was once good". Fuck you.

>You insecure fuck
Says the man mad that people don't like his shitty favorite comics.

Seriously, this is fucking bad. It makes no sense. The grim reaper exists, but death is still "nothingness"? Then why have him in the first place? McCloud wants magic to exist for his premise but chickens out on the cosmological consequences. And then the guy just dies- for what? What's the point in being a big artist if you know you won't get any of the recognition you desperately crave? The solution would have been to accept that life is short and instead of seeking validation from others you can just live a good life with your schizo girlfriend - but then the whole contract with the devil thing comes back around. The story is a mess of two entirely different stories and doesn't work

>95% of the thread overwhelmingly supports the book because it's great
The 95% are 3-5 Damifans who have a meltdown in every thread related to Damian and should never be taken seriously.

Love and Rockets

Bendis always was a shitty author.

You need to read more Marvel from 2000s then.

Wow, how old are you? Tell me a single comic book that I like and you don't. You can't, because you just assumed that. I never even read a comic in this thread because i dont read trash. But you are so scared of exposing yourself on an anonymous imageboard for losers that you can't tell people what comics you actually think are good.

Gee thanks. Where were you 7 years ago?

You're trying too hard sperglord.
2/10

You're sad

It starts good and then turn to mediocre/bad once Thor arrived to the planet where gods are building the bomb.
It was good while it was about the mystery of the gods vanishing.

And the art is pretty but the artist has just no idea how to make a readable action scenes. It particularly shows in the fight in space.

I had fun with your mother. She is a wonderful one.
[Spoiler]Hello son[/spoiler]

>Sex Criminals
To be fair, the first arc works really well but it's obvious the writer has no idea what to tell next.

>It starts good
>To be fair, the first arc works really well

No.

>Fraction.
I like his Hawkeye and Immortal Ironfist runs.

>Johns
I like his Batman earth one.

Write in full sentences when expressing your opinion son. Maybe even give a reason or two so people will know that you actually have one

I read like 6 or 7 chapters and the threads were full of guys saying how good it was when it was average and even boring most of the time.

Also, a writer who makes mains characters introduced themselve every chapter should be forced to do this in real life with everyone he meets, even if he knows them.

Gwenpool, it's mediocre as fuck but because it has cute art people pretend that it's worthwhile as a whole. Hell, when there were storytimes without the usual artists it showed that no one actually gives a fuck about what's going on in the book without them.

Every comic is someone's first user

>It's things you don't like that you only checked out because a shitty imageboard told you to
that was your second mistake. The first one, being born

Superman Rebirth comes off as pandering to the "wholesome" crowd where some cutesy family moment has to happen every 3 pages and the readers can call it "comfy"
IMO it's pretty OK, like a 6/10

>someone doesn't agree with you
>get butthurt

Geez man, everyone has opinions. I think it's mediocre but I'm not gonna get annoyed because someone says it's great

It starts weird but it does get better after a few issues. Or maybe I just got used to Priest's style

Nightwing Rebirth? I don't think anyone ever said it was good, it's fucking shit. Only a small minority of retards who liked Raptor thought it was good

The only people who like it are pedophiles and tumblrinas who call Damian and Jon their precious babies who have never done anything wrong.

Fuck Dixon and his bland ass writing. BOP was his best batshit and that's only because Babs and Dinah are delightful together.

When you think about it, there's never been a good comic to be honest.

There has never been anything good desu

This. The most astounding thing is that there are people who consider it to be one of DC's evergreen runs.

This shit just keeps getting worse and worse, I only made it halfway through and the black bitch was so annoying I couldn't finish.

Morrison and Johns' modus operandi for those books was to make everything as edgy as they possibly could for no reason and Sup Forums ate that shit up because of A) muh Hypercrisis or B) muh Green Lantern oath was said at the end so it's ok.

On top of that Johns' Green Lantern was lazy as fuck.

>How about this villain except we make them x color now?
>Hal can't be anything other than perfect so let's make Parallax a fear bug that also aged him for poorly-explained reasons.
>These Guardians aren't the ones that kept fucking us up in the silver and Bronze Age and might actually have room for personal growth? Fuck that! The Guardians were the reason Hal became Parallax in the first place so let's make them villains!
>Zombie Lanterns led by Black Hand!
>Jesus Lanterns!

It was retarded.

Johns is a shit writer, but Morrison's run went over your head.

ITT: OP is a faggot

Fucking this. And if you mention to Sup Forums that you don't like eating shit like they do then they will run you out on a rail.