This reveal would have meant something if it weren't for the fact that Spider-Man's suit throughout the movie was...

this reveal would have meant something if it weren't for the fact that Spider-Man's suit throughout the movie was already made by Stark and included AI and other advanced tech.

So basically the big reveal just ended up being a new design that happens to be a mediocre mash-up of Iron Spider and Ben Reilly outfit.

Had Spider-Man made his own proper Spider-Man suit, like he should have from the start, the reveal of a new advanced tech based suit would have meant something.

This is exactly what I was thinking, thank you so much OP for putting it into words

tech-wise it would be more powerful than the one he already gave to peter

this is very true... wouldn't call it a dealbreaker for the movie but looking back in it it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Not to mention the giant spider on it is really ostentatious? Like wow.

It's the Iron Spider suit, which also had a big ass spider on the front. That's literal spider armor.

I've heard a lot of incessant bitching about how Spider-Man shouldn't have a fancy tech suit with online navi, but to those people I pose the question:

How the hell did previous Peter Parkers whip up a movie-quality costume in the other flicks?

also i like the tech suit because it reminds me of Batman Beyond, proving once again that Terry is the best superhero because he's Batman+Spider-Man

>How the hell did previous Peter Parkers whip up a movie-quality costume in the other flicks?
They glossed over it.

nerds whipping up quality costumes is not exactly out of this world

It really doesn't seem like the iron spider suit to me... where are the extra robot arms? I thought it was just a new-new suit w no training wheels.

It isn't. It's an over-designed mishmash of the Iron Spider and Ben Reilly suits.

I guess that's fine, but it's not like they glossed over it in this. He has a tech suit for a very specific reason. It's a plot point.

There's some criticisms for this movie that I get (like how so much of the supporting cast at the school are such a bunch of pathetic sadsacks that make Peter look cool by comparison) but then there are others like "Iron Man shouldn't have even been in it." Then what's the point of making a movie connected to the Marvel cinematic universe? Did people really want another origin story? Would having the Vulture be pissed off at the government make him any better as a character?

They didn't even change the color,

Holy fuck yes

The costume is irrelevant, you autist. It was only there to symbolize his status as an new Avenger.

You don't need an explanation for the logistics of Spidey's costume, because that's autistic. Once you start questioning things like that, the whole premise of capeshit begins to unravel.

How is it irrelevant when THAT is the costume he'll wear in Infinity War?

>Tony invites Pete to be part of an elite world traveling superteam

>after like four scenes in the movie drive home how ass Spidey is in a skyscraper-free environment

I really think ataht tahts a gratet things to say of tyioou reallu know what I mean big fnrother your are my so sucj a good friend thank your for saying what need ed to be said. Oh how I wish I could suck a cick so hugev that it went deep inside my asshole oh big guy thansk your for thinksing of me every single day of my life.

One day when the poekple of the planet rise ip to control the entire of the world and I will gibve uou so ucj saisage tjay wer will fall in love, You are my bofriend and I lovbe you okay. Gibe daddy as ksweet kiss!

Cool spidey outfit

Why don't you take an actual look at it? It might not be the exact Iron Spider design, but it's trimmed with gold, it's reflective because it's metal, or whatever Tony makes his suits out of, and on the shoulders you can literally see the layers of armor to give his arms a full range of motion. There's also the big bold, rigid black lines.

The Iron Spider suit isn't "trimmed with gold." It's red and gold. That's it. Simple, sleek and gets the point across.

this is a great way to sum up all the movie's problems in a simple example/metaphor

Because all movie designs are 1:1 adaptations from the comics, right? No deviations at all.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm not making any sweeping generalizations about all comic movie costumes. I'm saying this specific one looks like over-complicated shit.

I'm sure tony ripped out the Ai when he gave him back the suit.

Karen was great. RIP

And I'm saying it's an adaptation of the Iron Spider.

I imagine they'd train him, a super strong and fast dude (with precog) is still super strong and fast regardless, just needs some training.

Think more like that What If Spider vs Sniktbub.

I felt it being more of an official "Avengers" suit than being just a more advanced suit
But yeah if that wasn't the intent then it was poorly executed

I think some people also got a problem with the fact that it's yet again a suit by Stark.

yeah but it'll be worth it when the symbiote goops him all up and activates kill mode to wail on thanos