The promos

Ok Sup Forums i just watched the season 3 of svtfoe movie
And boy,were the promos misleading as SHIT
>Promos promising scenes of large fights (Mina loveberry scene)
>Marco fighting scenes (witch were just some shitty 2 punches)
>Like every season promised shippings,and no shit
All in all the movie was a complete let down from what the promos promised

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ip_0CFKTO9E
youtu.be/uMQE__NsLaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

promos have always been misleading

I feel like the latter parts of the movie weren't that great, but I'm probably in the minority. Loved the Star and Moon bonding at the beginning as well as the flashback.

The pacing felt too rushed at the end I think, or I couldn't feel the seriousness of the situation. It just felt off for some reason.

As someone who didn't watch the promos, I laugh at your misfortune. Battle for Mewni was amazing for me

they wasted time with Marco and the King and King Ludo

Seconding. They even photoshopped Star in reflections of LudoToffee eyes, while Star actually was inside LudoToffee too.

The movie just wasn't good

BAD CLARK IS BACK!

>Taking promos literally

Exactly how I feel. I got done watching the 'movie' like half an hour ago and felt the ending was fairly underwhelming. Like, Toffee, the big bad that had corrupted all magic ALL magic and had a plan spanning both his death and resurrection was defeated just like that, in a segment under a minute long, after "winning" and simply walking away. They could've, and should've spent more time on the important plot bits instead of zany Marco and River funtimes. Not to even mention the time wasters that were the artists.

Is this a misleading promo thread? because I have a chip in my shoulders with the Tangled trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=ip_0CFKTO9E
It made it seem like it was going to be something like Shrek, instead it felt more like a 90s classic. which wasn´t bad on to itself but for half of the movie I was expecting adult jokes or a subversion that never came.

Promo literally said none of that you fucking memer

> I personally felt it was a bit of a cop-out that she ends up saving everything just because insane power kicks in lol, but she was still being very immature, refused to listen to Moon or discuss things with her, and kept wrecking shit.

That's the thing, Moon's advice that Star ignored in the movie was really, really bad. Moon's "plan" was to run and hide, let Toffee win, abandon the kingdom that the Butterflies are supposed to protect, and hope things somehow work out.

Star might've been overly impulsive to just rush in without a plan, but that was STILL better than what Moon wanted to do. Hell, if Star had gone along with what Moon wanted, they would've both drowned in the black goop in the sanctuary. Star might've been more inclined to listen to Moon's advice if Moon had come up with anything useful to do.

oh good someone else said it.

I will never understand why people's standards for Star growing/being more mature are apparently "she now listens unconditionally to her mother." But even then, she DID listen to her: stopped using the wand so Toffee wouldn't easily find them and wreck their shit (not that it would have made much difference if he was counting on Star doing the Whispering Spell, but the intent was there), and learning that Toffee killed Moon's mother/Lekmet makes her take the threat more seriously.

More than that, though: Moon doesn't know shit. She didn't know shit about what to do in this movie, we even saw last season she did a pretty poor job of handling the spellbook situation (at least Star told others it was gone and made an effort to look for it right away). She doesn't even have the personal history with Toffee that people believed up until these episodes that'd make her more suited for dealing with him than Star.

That's not to say Star knows shit either; she doesn't. It's just in this case she knew slightly more shit than Moon, who had no plan at all and would've unintentionally let all magic die before doing anything.

lets just give all the credit to this guy, even though he says he has no side I assume he's in some sort of honor bind to whichever butterfly is next in line

First TBfM segments finished. Doing good so far. Intro and outro are foing to take some getting used to (especially the outro).

The promos has always been misleading, there's nothing new on that.
Agree

Thanks you baby

>Promos promising scenes of large fights (Mina loveberry scene)

even out of context that was pretty clearly not a fight scene. they mentioned the monster was signing a confession or something and I think he was even wearing handcuffs

Riverposter, I finally got around to part 7, you better not have abandoned us. I still love Sky.

Next few segments: people doing shit either irrelevant to the plot or that could've been handled better.

Have any of you tried this? Seems fun

Princess Moon is CUTE
CUTE!!

This is Bingeanon btw, I finished getting caught up

Good shit
Now to wait for November

IIRC it was supposed to be like shrek at first.

The die has been cast. The pieces are just now falling into place.

The lewds that follow will be intense.

I just outlined the last few chapters and multiple endings a couple days ago. Should be done with 8 soon.

Excellent. This pleases me greatly.

I did on my phone. The controls were a little wonky, but I was surprised it even worked.

who's ready for TICKLES

Depends on what sort of tickles

what sort of tickles did YOU have in mind?

Almost finished. Shit's getting real.
The Mime was the only true artist of the group.

What is this? You writing something for us? I gotta continue pilling my hoard of fanfics.

Nah, just promised updates on my prpgress with the The Battle for Mewni for that one user who wanted my suffering. Probably disappointed him, but still.

I must draw a thing

Draw Hekapoo

And it's over. Welp, time to wait for 4 more months. Shine on, you crazy stars.

What did you think?

He says he has no side, and he says he has no feelings. But when no one was looking, he sure seemed awfully pleased that Star wasn't into dark magic ("Page Turner.")

Eh, could've been better, but it alright. Toffee's death was satisfying, almost everything was resolved, and the day was saved. Only thing I'm wondering is if the intro/outro will be different for season 3.

daron nefcy standing over a terrified michael c hall

Outro will be the new one it already is, intro will be updated to show Star's new wand (we know that for a fact, they inadvertently spoiled that through an image from it the day before it aired) and might also replace Toffee/Ludo with Eclipsa or something.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Maybe if they do replace Toffee with Eclipsa, Ludo will still be in the intro in some way

Where is everybody?

Was this art a prediction? And is this a googly eye on Star's forehead?

Probably, user. Yes

Doing their lives, most people work at this time

Yes

In the theory thread

I don't know how to draw hands, or much of anything actually, I think I'm getting better anyways

>mfw soaking in the last few days of neet life before college
>spent the past few weeks/months shitposting on Sup Forums
I honestly don't know how to feel right now.

You can always try and make some time, don't worry about it. I'm in uni, currently preparing an exam and still manage to take a little break to shitpost.

I'm more concerned about the far future, since I'm going into a STEM field. Good luck with your exam, friend.

Yeah, I loved the trailer, hated the movie.

Thank you, good luck to you too user.

Yeah, Im already leaving for Uni, I'm not the guy with exam.
Same, good luck

Could yo post the one without the eye. Pretty please

there you go

I'll print it and make a tapestry of it.

>GOOOOOD MORNING, user! Did you have a nice rest? You've almost wasted the whole day! Come on, get out of bed and-- WHOA!! You didn't tell me you slept with no clothes!! Hey, don't get mad at me, you're the one at fault here! Hey, THAT thing looks really swollen, want me to take a look at it?

This OP is retarded, I actually had trouble realizing this was the Star thread. Why do you assholes post in these things instead of making a new one? I wouldn't be posting here if we weren't already dozens of posts in.

Those armpits look fucking weird, man.

This is an old one from another user.

>see all these stories where a parent has a massive blind spot for a son or daughter or protégée who's pretty transparently evil (Loki, Kylo Ren, Gordon Jr, etc.)
>don't get how they can be such shortsighted, nepotistic, apologist doltards
>Star vs. the Forces of Evil happens with a protagonist who
>wears devil horn headbands, spiked bracelets, and monster face boots
>nearly burns down her kingdom shortly after getting the power artifact macguffin
>frequently selfish, lazy, and destructive
>spells create havoc and horrific mutations
>excels at setting deadly traps and hurting people
>dated an actual demon
>is pals with a disembodied floating murderous ghetto unicorn head
>is impulsive to the extent of endanger lives, and now has god powers
>smiles with glee when killing her enemies.
>mewberty form enlarges her devil horns, and her pupils turn to Morning Star symbols, as well as making her voice demonic sounding
>her new wand literally has devil horns now to
>possibly sympathetic to the last Queen of Darkness
>My Reaction: Oh that Star. What a character

At least this one actually has a picture of Star in the OP. Sometimes when its something else I'll miss it several times.

>"The Battle For Mewni"
I can't see how to not expect their to be a major fight scene. I will admit this did come to mind when I saw Star acting like her usual self instead of serious. Half of this episode could have passed as "slice of life." The book episode, the episode where River is trying to rule as King, the episode where Marco is trapped. It's a little obvious that Disney just told them to make an 8 part event so they could advertise the shit out of it. So much of the movie could have been cut down.

Yeah it's a picture of Star with humongous black borders and a fuck off small resolution. OP is an actual fag, the entire thread is going to suck because of him.

Get thee behind me.

Something to set the mood.
youtu.be/uMQE__NsLaA

Nah, it was originally 4 separate episodes that were meant to be aired in the normal format.

It was just Disney's idea to call it a "movie" and maybe also Battle for Mewni. I feel if it had aired separately in the Starbomb-style format that wouldn't have felt like as much of an issue.

The best part about this image is how you drew Nefcy. She looks like one of her own female creations.

Draw baby

Youtube link was meant for

>mewberty form
Wait, so no more purple fugbug?

Nice Heka.
I swear those armpits look really off. Does anybody here have this anyway?

Interesting

Draw table baby

Does jackie have fetal alcoholic syndrome?

Is this the new thread?

Where's the old thread? Or are we just that slow today.

why do you make me do this
do you see this fucking table?
what do you think?

Old thread archived hours ago. And like said, probably just working.

>Or are we just that slow today.
Star vs fans are always slow.

so cute

>Or are we just that slow today.
The OP isn't titled and is using a terrible low-resolution picture with black borders. People are coming to Sup Forums, checking the catalog, and missing the thread because OP is a retard

please be polite when you post here

But it's a "hate on Star vs" thread

that's how it might have started, but hate for star don't go very far

Was this foreshadowing Star killing herself?

I want Star to cuddle up with me after we both down half a pizza each and watch cheesy movies together.

That is just the Oddest thing about /svtfoeg/, they adore Their MC suffering but dont alow any hate for it

>Like every season promised shippings
I don't remember any shipbait in the promos, aside from Star wearing Marco's hoodie and spying on him which is just regular Star behavior now that her crush is out in the open.

Like compared to "Smooch Buddies" and promoting that scene in Just Friends where it looked like Star and Marco were about to kiss that's nothing, definitely not anything deceptive.

westill like the show overall we just so happen to be sadists I guess

Promos don't promise anything except the actual clips shown in the promos, since how episodes are advertised is just done by some Disney marketer who's not on the crew

And even the clips shown aren't a guarantee now that we've had a bunch of examples of them being edited in some way from the actual episodes