Batman always keeps saying that Plastic Man is the most dangerous member of the Justice League

>Batman always keeps saying that Plastic Man is the most dangerous member of the Justice League

So.. how true is this meme? What are some stories where Plas actually shows he's an unstoppable threat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVvrmLSTsg
dc.wikia.com/wiki/JLA_Vol_1_76
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know, how do YOU think an immortal shapeshifter could be potentially dangerous?

The dark knight strikes again but that book is a piece of shit

That's just him trying to boost that loser's ego.
Bruce can be a nice guy at times

Green Lanterns can make up anything they can imagine in their minds

Martian Manhunter has Superman's strength and psychic powers

If Plastic Man wanted to, he could envelop the planet with his body, transforming into a living Lovecraftian wasteland with no hope of survival

>lanterns
They're not immortal
>MM
>psychic powers/mind control
Let me just read their mi-AAAAAUUHHHHHHHHGGGHHHHHHH

kek

>plastic man
>is stretchy and flexible and can take many shapes
>that is not how plastic is at all

Also Plas can't be mind controlled or affected by magic... I think

yeah it's retarded as fuck, like

the literal definition of plasticity and elasticity...

it's like they took the wrong word and made it into his name on purpose

or maybe it's plastic because after he chances shape he can stay that way and doesn't bounce back into his original form and i'm just retarded

how is he any better than Ralph Dibny

He has pretty much no vulnerabilities, so yeah. Short of Barry going back in time and aborting him, I don't know what you would do to stop him.

it's exactly that, a meme.

I thinl i remember reading a thread in which an user argued that Mr. Fantastic was one of the strongest heroes in the marvel universe due to his intellect and the ability to increase the mass/density of any part of his body or decrease it to reach a fluid like state. Plastic man is potentially just as ingenuitive as Mr. Fantastic and can physically do anything that Mr. Fantastic can do and more, including turning himself into a bike.

>He has pretty much no vulnerabilities, so yeah. Short of Barry going back in time and aborting him, I don't know what you would do to stop him.

He can easily be neutralized with a freeze gun and a hammer

>mind control
True, he has an inorganic mind that isn't affected psychics and possibly magic and tech.
>magic
That's where things get weird... He was magically turned into a pig but he immediately morphed himself back into a human again. He was also turn into stone and shattered, but those pieces survived for thousands of years and he was eventually reassembled... but his molecules WEREN'T stone at that point so he bounced back from it...?

Nope because his mind is now plastic its impervious to those tricks.

He can't, they explained it as him literally being a living pile of plastic with no brain to control.

really? is there a limit on how much he can stretch?

(t. marveldrone)

"Plastic Man survived for 3000 years as little more than crumbs scattered around the Atlantic. If that doesn't give you an idea of the level of power he hides behind that doofy smile of his, then you're brain dead."
-- Batman s

Isn't he weak to extreme heat? Like melting?

He was a pretty big player in Injustice, freeing all the Green Lanterns and generally not giving a shit about any of his opponents.

Batman thinks that every member of the Justice League is too dangerous.

Good luck actually getting that to stick though.

Ralph can only stretch not make shapes

>So.. how true is this meme?
Batman's just fucking with people.

>I literally don't know the meanings of words, nor can I use a dictionary

Who cares? You will be dead by then or well set in your bad guy plan if immortal. Or you can divide up the bits, like throw some into the sun and throw others into different dimensions.

Rapid temperature changes. He otherwise adjusts, because he's fluid and can control his density.

Source?

Superman threw him into the sun and he came back as a cloud

He literally only needs a tiny fraction of himself, and can stretch it into a full grown himself. He has infinite stretching powers on a magical level. He's been torn to shreds, blasted to pieces, and usually, he's a sneaky bastard to boot.

There was even one where they thought he died, but it turned out he was at home watching cartoons, and had just stretched his pinky toe across the world, and he just retracted it because it was "itchy" or something after being blasted with a fatal shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVvrmLSTsg

dc.wikia.com/wiki/JLA_Vol_1_76

He's also immune to mind control and other mental tricks, see "trial by fire".

Source?

can we get a story time of pic related?

Most common ways to stop Plastic Man are extreme temperatures. Freezing or melting. Doesn't kill him, but it does disable him.

The Plastic man issue of Injustice is fucking hilarious.

do you recycle him when he dies?

What is Plas doing now?

He is in the new Metal event by Snyder.

He will also be in a Fantastic Four inspired book with Mr Terrific, Metamorpho, and Phantom Girl. It is going to be written by Lehmire which could be cool.

post moar

Mr Terrific, Metamorpho, Plastic Man, and who the fuck generic asian girl?

Depends.

casual as fuck

Injustice Year 4 annual.

Please keep going user.

It's not just that he is a shape shifter.

The guy is almost a one man lantern ring. He can become things with moving parts, he can actually be a machine.

Once he made tendrils small and delicate enough to perform brain surgery on someone. That means he could lobotomize you from a quarter mile away since he does stretching too.

Once he beat a Flash. A Flash from the 853th century.

>a living pile of plastic with no brain to control.
Someone please tell me this is false. If he has no brain then he isn't a living organism. He's more akin to one of the brooms from Fantasia than a human. He's a living Chinese Room.

>DC doing F4 better than Marvel
Oh I am laffin

Flashes from any century are Grand Masters at jobbing when necessary.

>How to defeat Batman
>Just kidnap someone Batman cares about
>Just do what every Batman villain has ever tried and failed
Fuck you Batman

Holy shit

Alright, I'm interested. What are some good Plastic Man reads to start with?

Plas is the closest thing to modern day toon force we'll ever see.
Here's the fucked up thing about plas, if he changes in to a catapult, it will have the same moving parts, density, etc of a catapult. Hell, he could change in to a rocket and have actual fucking combustion if he wanted.

I always crack up at the part with Cyborg.

Stretches from the stretch dimension.

It's true but it's also a bullshit meme because, and let's be honest here Sup Forums, PLASTIC MAN IS A SHITTY CHARACTER.

He's a better character than you

Go to bed Reed.

Why are you all being mean to plastic man

He's a fun character

To be fair, he could both be shitty AND be better than that guy.

He's not, Ralph may not be able to become a bicycle but Ralph has something Plastic man could never have.
>a fully formed personality

This makes no fucking sense, how did she get in front of him?

i think it's more like how the thing in the fantastic 4 movie had rock organs they were still real and functioning even though they were rock. i imagine the same is true but just plastic

>That means he could lobotomize you from a quarter mile away since he does stretching too.
Pretty fucking nightmarish. You're trying to relax on your sofa and this asshole across the world just mushes your brain adn you don't even notice it.

>This makes no fucking sense, how did she get in front of him?
Cant Cheetah feed off the Speed Force?

Go away Ralph, go elongate elsewhere.

There's been so many retcons I honestly cannot tell you.

>is there a limit on how much he can stretch?
No.

Although there have been some stories where he gets defeated by being stretched "too much". But in truth, his mass changes to whatever he wants in the blink of an eye.

Well i looked it up and she can tap into it. Zoom apparently helped her do it too.

>he's impervious to magic
Ok that's bullshit though.

In that continuity stretch?
That's issue 13 of the Nu52.

Start with the original Jack Cole comics. They're pretty goofy and take full advantage of who Plastic Man is.

Y'know I'm right.

That's a weird superhero name. Things sure have changed now that the comics code doesn't apply any more!

>If he has no brain then he isn't a living organism.
Well that's just plain wrong. "The current definition is that organisms maintain homeostasis, are composed of cells, undergo metabolism, can grow, adapt to their environment, respond to stimuli, and reproduce."
Nothing about a brain whatsoever. You could argue he's not human, but that's it.

But he's made of Plastic so he wouldn't undergo a metabolism nor would he be composed of cells. Unless I am taking his name too literally.

What I don't get is how he can't be mond-controlled. His brain maybe inorganic but that really shouldn't stop any psychics.

>I don't know how polymers work: the post

Do you know how many tonnes of plastic litter our world? Plastic is impervious to everything.

manhunter is the worst. he just does recon and gets BTFO at the JL base

Most insects only have a couple of neurons. Hardly a brain.

You clearly need to check your brain priveledges.

What about plastic eating bacteria? Is Plastic Man immune to that?

That's it, mister. You just lost your brain privileges!

Taking it too literally. I'm not familiar enough with different types of plastic to know if they're made of cells, I have to admit, but natural rubber, for example, comes from trees and IS made of cells.

Now, metabolism, I admit I'm not sure on. I'm not familiar enough with plastic man to know if he HAS to eat or not. Though there is enough gray area on 'life' that he would be considered living by most scientists. By strict definitions, Mules aren't alive since they're sterile, for example. And then there's the whole thing on viruses.

Can a character mind control a tree into stopping photosynthesis or cellular respiration?

>Bacteria eats some of his plastic
>He just stretches to replace what was lost
Yes.

Maybe if they're connected to the green.

Could a matter manipulator like Firestorm reverse Plastic man back into organic human?

It's the same as polymorphing a shapeshifter.

That's a good point, actually. There is at least one character that can 'mind control' a living thing that doesn't have a mind. Thought you might need to find Plastic Man's equivalent to the green.

Could make for a neat new character..

Magic can lock a polymorph into a certain state.