Remember when THIS used to be the worse Joker?

Remember when THIS used to be the worse Joker?

Good times.

>worse Joker
Nigga please, this Joker was fine and was actually funny

Comic Joker a shit because it's impossible to reasonably justify him being alive after they made murder his superpower

This Joker being shat on was purely a case of NOT MUH. He was the best thing in the show, which granted, wasn't that amazing, but still.

He grew on me over time and he's not nearly as awful as the David Tenant Joker in Young Justice or Jared Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad.

He might have been more popular if they just made him a new character instead of re-imagining an established character that so many people already had high expectations of.

Emo Riddler was worse, design wise.

didn't they try that with anarky (ok different established character) but they complained "i want my joker!"?

>they made murder his superpower

I just liked that they had the balls to try new shit, it was refreshing.

Catwoman and bane were GOAT designs.

Really? I found those to be the weakest of the bunch. Bane would have been fine if not for the red skin, and Catwoman looked more like a mouse.
I liked this Joker, really good voice acting too.

The best thing about The Batman's Joker was that even though he was a thief and gang leader he has one of the most pronounced fixations on comedy of any Joker incarnation I've seen. Not just "I kill people but I laugh about it!" like a lot of Joker stories have him do, a lot of his crimes were elaborate pranks.

Like when he dresses up as Batman.

>The Best Joker used to be the worse Joker
This is bait.

>avid Tenant Joker in Young Justice
That was Who, that was Data. The Joker from Young Justice was Brent Spiner.

Yeah but he kind of looked like Tennant.

he was funny in the dracula movie.

>Comic Joker a shit
No, certain writers are shit at writing him.

Firefly got the best redesign.

I loved his capoeira fight style.

The show managed to give each one of the rogues a distinctive fight style.

Although I'll forever be baffled why they had to give Penguin one at all.

It was pretty silly. They should have just made these two even more formidable to compensate instead of having Penguin flip around like a ninja.

>RastaJoker bad
fucking please

It's just different.

I liked that he jumped and made a lot of spins, in a pose made to MIMICKING penguins swimming like torpedoes.

Not as bad as Leto Joker, but still very mediocre. His only good episode was The Laughing Bat.

Catwoman looked like a chihuahua.

This was the same group that produced the Jackie Chan Adventures.

I liked Killer Croc's design. Ron Perlman seemed to have a lot of fun as his voice actor.

Bad taste detected.

Too bad Croc turned into a jobber in later episodes. I do agree with you, though.

And why exactly is Leto a bad joker? Because he looks different?

Best joker look is a tie between Iran embassy, Hawaiian t-shirt and big pimp hat joker. Leto did a good job, even though he was acting too much like Bugs Bunny

I think Teh Batman was pretty fucking horrid in most areas, but the one thing everyone seems to complain the most, The Joker, is the one I disagree with.
The voice was great, the BatJoker episode was great, some of his fights with Batman were pretty good, and I'm fine with Joker as an ugly monkey man because, to their credit, it was different than anything that had been done before with the character. Once they ditched the horrid straight jacket and got him the suit back, he improved significantly.

There are way worse versions of The Joker out there.

Most people had problems with this Joker because it was not voiced by Mark Hamill. I personally think Kevin Michael Richardson did a terrific job, but if you compare it to TAS, of course it pales...

Also the retcon of his outfit from season 1 to season 2 helped a lot to improve the character

This and this...

I personally love the "Mime Joker" outfit from Burton's Batman

The Batman was all I could really watch as a Brit Bong only having CBBC since watching Totally Spies for too long would envoke weird feelings.

I kinda liked the design, not the best by far but it was a pretty neat redition.

The show is a mixed bag, some redesigns where neat and others where crappy. Clayface kinda looked pretty badass.

>or Jared Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad.
I decided to watch some Suicide Squad scenes on YT the other day and genuinely forgot how fucking awful he was.

Manson Riddler was fucking great. Fight me.

The Batman seemed to have this issue where either the character had a really great redesign or a really great character/backstory reimagining. Rarely did it combine the two in one character.

Example: Mr Freeze; Great design, stupid backstory. Joker; Stupid design, great character.

Penguin used to fight in his earlier appearences. Prior to the 70s he used to be kind of a swashbuckler, and even in several of his later appearences he did some judo or boxing (part of his backstory in the Killing Peck).

I thought the kung fu bullshit was one of the worse aspects of The Batman but, to their credit, Penguin being a fighter has a precedent.

KMR is a great voice actor. Lots of range. Loved him as Kilowag in GLtAS

The penguin actually pulled off judo in the comics if I recall.

This user gets it.

Every writer for the past 20 years apparently. The character, at his very premise, is shit. A mass murderer who always gets away with it because Batman and the cops are all morons and who always has unlimited resources and legions of henchmen for no reason.

Mark Hamill is the worst Joker. His generic spooky/insane voice isn't all that great or impressive.

>Most people had problems with this Joker because it was not voiced by Mark Hamill.

No, it was because he was badly written and showed up in too many episodes.

>badly written
>actually acted like a clown and pulled gags instead of just having murder plots and laughing about it later

I liked kung fu rastaman joker.

>Batman's archenemy
>showed up in too many episodes

But of course, if it was TAS' Joker, nobody would complain

Doesn't make the fact that he was a mediocre villain and had no charm, humor, or creativity.

Jokerfaggotry is inexcusable.

>b-but B:TAS

No one was talking about B:TAS, dumbass. Learn that your sacred cow has flaws without bringing up other shows.

>A mass murderer who always gets away with it
This
is not
his premise.
This is what his premise became because every writer is shit and thinks batman only works when he's as grimdark as possible.
His premise is criminal comedian, who commits crimes using themes of jokes and gags. He might kill a person because it makes a good punchline but he should be robbing banks using Swedish fish and breaking and entering just to throw a pie in someone's face. He should do shit because its funny. He might kill a guy for a punchline but he should rather jaywalk just because its funny to have batman chase him for something so small.

That's my favorite Joker, he actually seems like he has mental issues, unlike certain other Jokers, like the one from the Batman animated series/justice league who just seems like a greedy guy with a theme, or the 'dark philosopher' joker we saw in 'the dark night'. 'The batman's joker really does seem like an insane person.