More animated adaptions when?

More animated adaptions when?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGzbxeYtmU
narrativia.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Christopher lee died... so nobody could do Death justice.

>Implying Death's story arcs are the only books in Discworld franchise

Death, Nightwatch, Witches and some of that mage shit. There's a whole cinematic universe just waiting to be made.

Didn't his daughter say Discworld was done for?

Has there ever been better casting?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGzbxeYtmU

Just the books, which is the smart thing to do. We don't want another Dune situation. There's actually a production company set up to handle Terry Pratchett adaptations.
narrativia.com/

Off the top of my head:
>The Jim Henson Company is making an adaptation of Wee Free Men
>Terry left a letter to Neil telling him to do something with Good Omens so that mini series is in production (BBC Two)
>There's a Watch TV series that they announced way back that seems to be slow going but they've confirmed it's still in development quite recently

Personally I think a Watch crime show set in Ankh-Morpork could be great. If done well it would be the best way to tell new stories in Discworld without shitting on Terry Pratchett's legacy.

Cumberbatch?

Ankh-Morpork is reasonably famous in pop culture too, though I'm unsure as to why. When did people start reading books?

Nigel Planer does a good job in the audiobooks, that's who I usually read him as.
The guy who did him in the Hogfather movie was pretty good too.

>skinny ysabell

If that makes you angry you'll love this. Terry pulled the plug on the Disney Mort movie when they said they wanted to tone down the death aspects of the novel because they didn't want to scare children that watched it.

>Nigel Planer does a good job in the audiobooks, that's who I usually read him as.

Fucking A

Well that's... Pointless, nobody really dies in Mort. It's not until Soul Music that the bodies hit the floor.

>Mort was going to be 2D
>You will never see a masterfully animated blend of Mort and Reaper Man
>You will never see Disney releasing it's full artistic prowess on a villain like New Death

>You will never suffer a shitty Disney adaptation
>You won't have to put up with them changing Mort to be a gay trans woman of color
>You won't have to endure a song about how patriarchy is the real Death

> >The Jim Henson Company is making an adaptation of Wee Free Men

Oh god, why? The Tiffany Woe books were garbage and a disgrace to Sir Terry. Judging by the social justice shit creeping it, his daughter was heavily involved in the last 5 or 6 books.

The other stuff sounds neat though, I completely forgot about the Watch series.

Those last two points make me wonder if you've ever even seen a Disney flick

Have any new Discworld books come out since Terry passed away? I know he had an apprentice but I honestly haven't kept up with the series since the book about wizard football

No, thankfully it wont be continued without Terry.
There were a few more books after the football one, but I didn't like them very much.

Oh well, we'll always have the books. I might go re-read some of the Sam Vimes stuff sometime.

If you haven't already, try "The Long Earth" Pratchett wrote together with Stephen Baxter.
It's a bit SciFi, but the concept is interesting and they obviously gave it some thought.
I just find it a bit annoying how Pratchett tends to reuse his Discworld characters in other books.

New Death would be awesome in a Disney Fantasia-like sequence. Death's anger when he sees the next Death wears a crown is still one of my favorite moments of Discworld. Honestly though I'm fine if they don't get adapted, the books are enough for me. The only reason I'd push for a big hollywood blockbuster adaptation is because I'd know Terry would get a good laugh out of it.

We can all agree that the Assassin's Guild was the best setting, right?

Hardly. God king tyrant of AM was way more interesting see even though he only cameos in everyone's stories.

I know one story that ain't getting an adaption. Ever.

Mort received a pretty good comic adaptation.

Small Gods would probably be more marketable than a lot of his works. It fits into the same niche as Life of Brian where religious conservatives will be offended and give it lots of publicity, but the actual material isn't edgy enough to drive away most of the potential audience.

Vetinari and Margolotta were cute.

Mort is apparently being produced by some Shrek people

It's not even anti religion. It just showcases the kind of mindset that can take advantage of the system.

As long as his terrible daughter doesn't have anything to do with them.

The guys who made Shrek or the guys who watched Shrek?

Made.

Shit.