Explain to me why Bane wants batman dead...

Explain to me why Bane wants batman dead. Keep in mind that he came in Gotham with that particular intent instead of growing to hate him like other villains such as Scarecrow or Clayface

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u6paOVxscro?t=68
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He thought he was pretty badass. He was raised on prison rules, so instinctivelyhe sought to make the biggest badass his bitch and therefore making him top badass.

Because he thought Batman was symbolic of the fear within him that he had defeated as a child and that defeating Batman in the real world would prove to himself that his metamorphosis into the man he thought he would become had been completed.
I think it was pretty obvious.

Why does he choose the life of crime? Does it make more sense for Bane to exclusively hate batman and want him broken, or for him to instinctively pick the life of a crimelord on top of his murderous intent?

>choose the life of crime
You don't know the first thing about Bane, do you?

Im asking for peoples thoughts on bane because I want to write some batman stories from concept up. Are you saying he isnt a criminal?

Batman was already at a point of his career where he was about as mythic as a diety himself. Besides he's already been through about 2 robins during the time of knightfall, it was about time someone foriegn to Gotham would step in to try and prove that all gods fall and stuff

And now I'm leaving.

Just read his origin, Vengeance of Bane. It's one issue.

If you want to write something about a character but don't know a damn thing about it you're better of reading and research the character yourself that to go on a vietnamese rice picking form to get answers that may be completely wrong

How stupid are you exactly? I just said I want to hear what people are saying, not what is actually written

Then why don't you tell your own depiction of him and compare the thought of other anons?

storytime?

I don't get what you're trying to do exactly.

get an idea about how readers perceive a character. For example, If I started asking about how people would describe the joker and his relationship with batman, its very unlikely anyone would start talking about something like the crawling in my skin death of the family nu 52 joker

Ive been interested about writing/ illustrating some batman pieces for a long time now and this is basically just "research"

Bane wanted to be the king of crime. Gotham is the most corrupt city of the DC verse, and Batman rules it, as well as the whole embodiment of fear overcome bit mentioned. Bane, being born in a third world prison and growing up there, decided then that his goal would be to rule Gotham with an iron fist by breaking the Bat.

Batman is CIA

Stow it ya hothead.

Batman represents Bane's truest desire: Proof that his life isn't meaningless, that he truly made himself the greatest predator in his jungle. He already conquered Santa Prisca, but that only extended his jungle outward. To Bane, Batman is the ultimate predator: Self made, brilliant, and able to rise to the top in a world of Khryptonians and Amazonians. Bane wants to prove he is superior to Batman, because in turn it proves to himself that he really is the greatest predator. Even as a child he envisioned his own destiny, and Batman's loss will make it reality.

Crime is all Bane knows. He was born in a fucking prison. It's where he is at his best.

Don't compare CIA to a brainlet like Batman. After only 5 seconds Wilson deduced the weak point of Bane being his mask, while it took Bats having his ass handed to him and being thrown down a hole to figure it out.

Asking people their bias subjective view on who Bane is is not how you do research. That is a secondary source. Go read some comics and get a primary source you fag.

I dont need to know who bane is (which I already do), my interest is knowing on how people view him. While I dont particularly aim to make something against the grain, I also think it would probably be a bit more interesting if I do a fresh take on the characters instead of just following every single story beat that everyone is already familiar with.

The last time a "fresh take" on Bane was done, it created maymays so dank that Sup Forums was changed forever.

I wouldnt say thats because of the character itself though. And Im not really thinking about completely rebooting the character, but I also dont really feel like being shackled by older conceptions of him, hence why Im asking people what they think are his general motivations and reasons for doing X things. Im particularly interested in how would Bane treat the rest of the batfamily if batman himself would be dead. Bane and MR.freeze seem like some of the batman villains that could easily redeem themselves and arent nearly as evil as some of the others like joker or scarecrow

Because that's what Break-It Bane does.

He's an anti villain. What have you read with him? Thats been clearly illustrated time and time again. He hates Batman but everytime you take him away from that or Batman disappears Bane steps up to fight crime/protect Gotham. He's a noble villain.

To be frank your works will suck if you cant read the content starring the character and infer their personality from there. You should probably find a new hobby.

How stupid can you fucking be holy shit.

You want motivations from Bane? Sure, here you go

>Hes a big guy
>he wants to be the biggest guy both figuratively and literally

Jesus christ stop trying to write your shitty fanfictions.

So you still dont understand what im saying, got it. There is a difference between how a character is/has been portrayed and what the public perceives the character as. Most people would tell you the joker is an "agent of chaos" becase of nolan (although even the dark knight portrayed him as a cunning masterplanner that merely pretends to be chaotic as a shtick)

At least he knows that he's a big guy

Bane hasn't been around as long, as hasn't been as messed with as the Joker.

Aside from Nolan, the other interpetations of him have been pretty consistent.

Read the runup to Knightfall, and of course Knightfall and AzBats, and the current Bane series, and that'll tell you most of what you need to know.

The opinion people have of him shouldn't dictate the way you write him, but by all means i'll spoon feed you what you want to know.
Normies view him as "Big guy 4u" theres no way around it.
People who saw the cartoon view him as a muscle head hoped on steroids with some cunning.
People who read the comic books view him for what he truly is, as explained in the posts above.
Happy?

Forgot to mention, "Big guy 4u" as in the movie

>The opinion people have of him shouldn't dictate the way you write him

There is no reason not to do this research on top of how the character is actually portrayed. Every possible bit of information comes into play regarding the writing of a character, whether its to make them similar or different

He didn't choose the crime life, the crime life chose him.

Not really no, you have the character, it's backstory and it's motivations, now you create the story with those elements whether it be a serious story or a comical story.

Damn OP really is a dumb fuck. Embarrassing

Did OP molest your mom or something?

Did I upset you?
>hurrr why does character do X?
Oh well if you read these stories you'll understand why he has this motivati-
>HURRRRR NO! I want to know what YOU think of the character not actual facts about the character!

We know it's you OP you don't have to act like other people. Embrassasing

are you 14?

Nope. Why are you upset? Because you asked a dumbass question and got ridiculed for it ?

Why are you so obsessed with the idea that "Im" (although youre already blaming two different people for being me) is upset when youre the only one crying like a retarded, autistic child? Youre literally crying this hard because the OP post asks people to explain a characters motivation

I'm not crying sperg chill out spaz.
Because he asked a question, was given answers and then wasn't content with the answers. Like multiple people have said, read the fuckin book and you'll find his "motivations"

>I'm not crying sperg chill out spaz.

go back to 9gag retard, youre clearly too underage for this site

>Because he asked a question, was given answers and then wasn't content with the answers.
>and then wasn't content with the answers.

and when did this part happen you fucking child? show me the posts

He would know their motivation if he read vengeance of bane. Cocksucker

Answers:
>hurrrr not what I meant:

So youre genuinely retarded? I never contested what people answered, I elaborated by saying that I particularly wanted peoples own opinion on the character since each of those posts includes DURR RETARD READ LE COMIC (which I already stated, I know the official background of the character)

go fucking kill yourself autist

45 replies. Not one mention of his dreams. or Solitary confinement.

Clearly OP is a casual at best. And likely a newfag. But the fact that this many replies have come in and nobody mentioned the literal exact reason he was intrigued by Bird's tales of Batman pretty much tells me Nolan killed this character.

he's retarded. He can't even understand why a guy born and raised in prison would be a criminal.

>I wanted people opinions on the character

>explain to me why bane wants batman dead
>give me facts on why he wants to but it has to be an opinion!
Lmao. Well anyway you get the idea dumbass. Peace out. Fuckin loser

Here you go not!OP
has been asking the same question over and over again of how people view Bane for his fanfic when it dosn't matter
by the way you still haven't told what your fanfic is about

>OP hops on his phone to avoid samefag accusations but still have a person in his corner.

Not this

>when "not OP" gets btfo and stops responding
Loving
Every
Laugh

You ever wonder what goes in the mind of these types of Autists?

Anger, confusion, jealousy. You know, the normal traits for freaks like him that Flock to Sup Forums

this.

Or Sup Forums is full of newfags from Tumblr and plebbit. It's apparent by the taste of nu/co/.

Muscle titties

Funny thing is those type of "readers" claim to like King. Yet if they'd read his IABane arc, as flawed as some of it is, the "mommy" issue pretty much laid out his motivations. Flawed, yes, but they were there.

And Conquest has been releasing monthly which has included Osito, and his king-of-the-jail-yard mentality, and the gang more than King did.

It's not like he's been MIA this past year.

This thread had me in stitches.

he's a rival, something he can use to prove himself

long story short: bane grew up in a dog eats dog world. the guy in the top is the guy who makes the rules.
he became a notorious crime lord and came to gotham city because is a big crime node, with the batman as the "one to beat". he devised a plan to break down the batman and make him his bitch, in front of his buddies, his enemies, and the whole fucking city.
bane became the top dog of gotham city, and his will became the law.

For anyone with the interest Denny wrote a novelization himself. It's not exactly all encompassing but it does fit the novel format quite well.

It, along with the Death and Life of Superman novel are actually, in some respects, my preferred versions of the respective stories.

Blah Blah Blah retarded implausable born and raised in prison bullshit, blah blah blah ghost dad says kill fear to rule it, blah blah blah get stronge and take over prison, blah blah blah try to kill the bat because hyped up as a symbol of fear

He saw a scary bat in a dream when he was a child in prison, thats what set him off

Oh hey, it's a hack writer in the making.

...BANE

bane?

youtu.be/u6paOVxscro?t=68

>do as much versatile research as possible
>hack

>as much versatile research as possible
You just admitted to only caring about what people thought of the character, and not what's actually written. That's as surface level as you can get.

Except I never said that. I explicitly said that I made this thread to hear what people think of the character, not to hear the facts because I already know them

>I already know them
Do you though?

I feel like if you had you'd not taken so much offense to being told to go read them. You'd have spit back a quick summary instead of telling everyone who's given you a tidbit of information that you don't care.

>I feel like if you had you'd not taken so much offense to being told to go read them

what offense? people have been saying all thread long that im retarded for "asking" and ive just replied that they apparently didnt even understand what I asked in the first place. I even explained why I made the thread with the analogy about how the joker has changed and how is he perceived in the public consciousness

you haven't once made a specific reference to a single part of his mythos. This isn't the place to ask for the normal person's view of this character. You're going to get responses from people who've followed enough batman or even bane to know the specific answers. Or you'll get shitposts.

Go ask, and this isn't just memeing, reddit or some fucking IGN comments section what they think of Bane.

maybe if you'd ask some more specific questions you'd get more usable answers. If you intend this level of lazy research to be part of your writing process going forward you really need to learn how to narrow a search.

Do you think Bane's asshole is as hairy as his shoulders? Tell me what you think I am writing a fanfiction.

Indubitably.

Storytime, bitches.

Lmao you're still trying? Give it up bud

He's a big guy

So did joker go after bane for breaking batman?

He's crazy, not stupid.