Is this actually good?

Is this actually good?

Yes

Yeah, I guess.

The Venom symbiote part was pretty stupid, though.

>Slott's RYV
I have no idea about the 2015 run but the current Conway-Stegman 2017 one is pretty good.

Are we talking about the mini series by Slott or the ongoing series by Conway?

The Secret Wars mini series was serviceable, the new ongoing is great. Only problem I have with it (despite Normie Osborn being some big shot when he's all of 8 years old) is that it has the alternate universe problem where it just kills random characters for no other reason than they can (RIP several X-men).

Slott one was surprisingly pretty good for someone who hates MJ and married Spidey.

Conway's stuff has almost been classic Spider-Man (in shocking news, the man knows how to write Spidey) but I am not a fan of super MJ. It works because of the story but as a concept I don't like.

Side note though, I've noticed that Conway is no longer getting writing credits in future solicits. I guess he's off the book now and it's solo Stegman? Marvel really really doesn't care about this book.

Slott's is bad, but better than the rest of his run.
Conway's is just fucking boring.

I like MJ and Pete back together. I didn't like that in this universe Jean Grey and Wolverine are married and have a kid.

That was kinda weird.
but overall so far i like it.
One of the few I actually pick up these days.

Not really, Slott's mini was pretty bad, but after Secret Wars ended and Renew Your Vows got turned into an ongoing written by Conway to turned out to be one of the best books on my pull list. Sadly, if you didn't read the mini (and who could blame you?) You won't know who Regant is or what his tech does, which is very important for MJs character.

Honestly I liked this, I've always hated Jean Grey and how Cyke was just a total bitch for her all the time. I'm happy that Conway recognized how awful they are together and let Wolverine pick up Scott's leftovers, let Logan have the chick who will die every few years, or complain about some great cosmic fire bird, leave Cyke out of that crap.

You MIGHT be put off by how different the RYV world is, but the Spider family stuff is excellent.

Wonder what the time skip will bring.

Also, I need more Symbiote MJ in my life.

>but I am not a fan of super MJ.
This. The Spinerete stuff is the worse part of the book (minus the Venom arc). It should've just been Peter having to deal with his daughter developing powers and trying to set her on the right path with a non powered MJ.

Other than that small gripe, it's the best book at Marvel right now.

Your loss. I fucking love the idea of MJ joining the fight. And Spinneret's design is amazing (could use a mask, though).

I was always a fan of Scott and Jean, but I actually would like Scott and Rogue to happen outside of Evolution if Jean will forever stay dead (assuming Cyclops comes back to life). Never liked the idea of Wolverine and Jean, but I did like Wolverine with Storm. In any case, at least RYV gives me Peter and MJ together again. I quit reading Marvel when OMD happened.

I hated that Conway acknowledges Slott's shitty shitty arc. Peter murdering Eddie Brock? Fuck that.

Same. Love me some Venom Mom. (Vemom?)

OP here. Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I'm going to check this out.

Comforting and a little boring. It looks great. The holdovers from Slott's run might bother some, as they're easily the weakest parts of it.

Normie crushing on Annie is pretty good, and even Annie thinks he's kind of cute, I hope this develops into something after the time skip

Vol 0 was serviceable. Vol 1 was great. I lost interest afterwards because then they started just ramping up the WE'RE IN AN ALTERNATE WORLD LOOK HOW DIFFERENT EVERYTHING IS, JEAN GREY HAS A KID WITH WOLVERINE AND MARY JANE HAS APPARENTLY NEVER HEARD OF THE SYMBIOTE BEFORE.

I wonder if that was his own decision or a situation like how DeFalco had to acknowledge Slott's dumb decisions despite trying to imply that it wasn't his Mayday in Spider-Verse.

way better than mainstream spiderman

Well, consider the fact that Venom was "killed off" nearly a decade ago in the RYV time line, it makes sense that MJ wouldn't instantly recognize the symbiote, even Peter was trying to deny that that's what was happening to MJ because he killed Venom with his own hands. As for the Logan and Grey bit, does that really bother you? Honestly I'm happy that this world didn't saddle Scott with the worst mutie bitch again.