>7) Ultra nerd!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7AWb3eShEo
youtube.com/watch?v=y73qbUcWdeo
syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-discovery-lead-is-actually-spocks-adopted-sister
sbnation.com/a/17776-football
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7AWb3eShEo

Do you think this thread is a productive use of anyone's time, even on Sup Forums?

If you mean the more anime you watch the more autistic you are, then yes, that chart is correct.

> don't know what #7 is
Phew

>One of the most casual animes ever
>VERY NERD

i dont particularly care for anythiing in the picture

I literally have no idea who any of those people are.

>Shit on Titan
>nerdy

Attack on Titan is mainstream as hell.

Ghibli is pretty low tier, most normies I've know have seen Spirited Away and Mononoke

> Mobius > Japs
I could buy thi–OH GOD YOU FOUND ME

How is Ghibli nerdier than 1-4?
And what's 7?

>mainstream as hell
> let's use AoT to sell a car
> a sports car?
> a luxury car?
nope
youtube.com/watch?v=y73qbUcWdeo

>what's 7?
It's a character by Möbius from Heavy Metal. The infographic is saying HM is the most obscure of the bunch.

What exactly is a productive thread anyways. When you see shit like this any thread suddenly becomes worth of anyone who decides to spend time in this hole

Isn't the qualification of being a nerd that you have to be smart? What do a bunch of lame examples of dweeb or geek interests have to do with being nerdy?

Is AoT really that close to spirited away in terms of mainstream popularity?

So weeb = nerd?

Ultranerd here, Moebius was the kind of shit you see when your shit got real.

Hispanic nerd culture is the worst.
Also those fucking dub slapfights

Those giants are really unsellting

It's funny I didn't realized it was in spanish till you caption it.

Anime is both the most casual and the most nerd depending on what you watch

So, like scifi, western comics and basically everything else that can have niches?

>Pictoline
There's your mistake

Yes

That and how much you let it consume your life.

I don't have any figurines around the place and only one show's DVDs for instance. Liking anime has very little relevancy on nerdiness.

Makes sense. Miyazaki films, for lack of a better way of putting it, are basically Japanese Disney to the uninitiated, yes? So even schmucks who couldn't care less about Nurutu could vaguely recall scenes from Kiki's Delivery Service or, "The movie with the cat bus". Not only is Attack on Titan massively popular in Japan, apparently it struck a chord to the tune of One Piece and Naruto.
>The first season of the anime was four years ago and the second season only started this April.
Damn.

Everything bar Starwatcher is surface-level nerd culture

I find the word "nerd" has become a buzzword anyways.
I mean, I enjoy stuff like Star Trek, Dr. Who, Pokemon, roman empire history, tabletop RPG, sim games, have a stem degree and work in the field, can laugh about xkcd (if it's not preaching), but I also like martial arts, weightlifting, swimming, have a social life, and enjoy drinking.

And I never understood why it's nerdy to know all Pokemon, but not nerdy to know all game results of a given team since EVER.

Moebius should be a 20 and it would be a fucking honor

That's retarded, it's not even comparing comparable things.
>comic books to sci-fi to anime

>we've reached the point where Marvel is more mainstream than Star Wars
>both are accepted among pretty much everyone now

The nerds have finally won.

We didn't "win". Our interests just got invaded by normies and corporate suits and repurposed into something mainstream. This is what always happens with nerdy hobbies.

Doctor Who and Star Trek are both being pulled quickly in that direction.

What is it with spics and animu?

You mean my glow-in-the-dark fallout toy is just a corporate ploy? Alert the presses.

This is true, but I'd switch Star Trek and Dr. Who. Kind of an abrupt ramp-up in obscurity at the end here.

>Having "Marvel" slapped onto your film's promotional material is one of the the few ways to absolutely decimate at the box office.
>People line up in droves to watch the latest "Marvelkino".
>They're all deeply invested in the story and how all the characters interact with one another in each and every film.
>The general public has been conditioned to enjoy the expanded universe of a comic books in a visual format.
>Attempt to give one of your friends a reccomendation list of Spider-Man comics after Homecoming.
>Their response will run the gamut of lukewarm interest to downright disdain because, "they're too hard to get into."
>Regardless, the general public has begun to sway editorial, especially Marvel's
>In hackneyed attempts to attract movie fans, comic book creators will pander and shoe horn in film concepts in a never ending bid for the almighty dollar.
I think some lonely neckbeard somewhere used a monkey's paw.

The same that's with everyone and animu

>Kind of an abrupt ramp-up in obscurity at the end here.

All the better to prove how much of a nerd you are

OP i believe your on the wrong site

9gag is more your speed

Exactly. I already had to drop Doctor Who after the first couple episodes of this last series, and I'm fully expecting "Discovery" to be a shitty, design-by-focus-group clusterfuck overrun with unsubtle mainstream political commentary and social justice bullshit.

This is what mainstream media producers do - they find niche shit and they mainstream it, they casualize it, they "modernize" it, and eventually the nerds and dorks who cultivated the interest and market for that stuff are ultimately driven out of their own communities.

It's happening with video games, it's happening with comics, it's happening with sci-fi.

Okay, let's take this in a different direction. Let's rank the few remaining bastions or """nerds."""

>Maintream anime (toonami shit)
>Cape comics
>Manga with official translations
>Indie comics
>Obscure anime
>Small press comics
>Mange with only fanscanlations
>Learning Japanese to read obscure masturbatory material

Guess what? The Doctor is now going to be a woman.

I heard - got out while the gettin' was good.

I hear DW is barely pulling Sylvester McCoy numbers now. All the nerds are jumping ship.

few people outside of art know moebius anyways,. i guess its right.

Where does Game of Thrones rank on there, 1 or 2?

>Their response will run the gamut of lukewarm interest to downright disdain because, "they're too hard to get into."

This is true.

Big 2 system is stupid. I don't have this problem suggesting Hellboy.

>Extremely recent and popular anime
>Muy nerd
The irony is palpable.

>The infographic is saying HM is the most obscure of the bunch.
>Attack on Titan is on the tier right before it
Something tells me the artist isn't as nerdy as he likes to believe he is.

What the hell is number 7?

Moebius I believe

Anoo, sono risutoha otakuna hooga desune.

star watcher to be exact

Manga with only fanscanlations shouldn't be that low. Most people who read manga gets them off sites like mangafox and don't care how they were translated.

I agree with the rest of the list though

That means stuff which will never get officially translated, though.
Obscure shit lies in that category.

But where does local, non-Japanese "manga" range?
I own some German volumes by David Füleki. Not even most German comic shops carry those.

I knew the last one was from Moebius, but I couldn't name it. Hell, I had to make a google search to remind myself what was Arzach called. But the image is pretty stupid anyway.
As someone who used to read above-average amounts of Marvel as a kid and teenager, I have to say that makes sense. Manga, European and non-Marvel-or-DC American comics are much easier to get into.

>attack on titan
>ahead of star trek and what is assumedly patrician taste in animation

AOT is fucking trash tier in terms of entry level anime

Good point, Euro comics might count different. Probably above indie but below small press? But that's from an American point of view, of course. Or if it's "Meet the creator behind the store he works at to buy a copy of his zine" tier, it might need another entry just above learning japanese. Someone made a color coded chart a while back.

1-4 is the same tier. 5-6 is normie weeb tier. 7 is actually rare but you could top that.

>Attack on Titan and Ghibli are somehow more nerdy than Star Wars, Star Trek, DC, Marvel, Dr Who.

Ghibli flicks are family friendly films and AoT is the most normalfag thing ever

Also Pictoline is the spic version of Buzzfeed+Kotaku so it should be ignored like the worthless insects they are

>anime is nerd
I want to fucking end the faggots who made this shit.

>Star Trek and Doctor Who that low
>Miyazaki films being remotely nerdy
>mainstream shounenshit that normalfags like AOT is muy nerdy
I agree with number 7.

>chibli movies
>more nerdy than dr who
My fucking granny has seen them and she usually hates anything sci-fi/fantasy.

>one of the most entry level anime ever
>at 6

AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA

i don't care about star wars or give a fuck about doctor who, and attack on titan is overrated garbage, what is 7?

>Hispanic nerd culture
>nerd culture
>culture
fucking illiterate cunt.

>nerd
>attack on shitan

¿QUÉ

SIGNIFICÓ

POR

ÉSTO?

The only thing even close to nerdish there is moebius. Everything else is hot topic tier.

fucking google translator failure

Reminder that this board is so stupid and casual that they don't know about pic related.

>Literally posting pictocuck

Spaniard hete, spirited away is not a nerd thing
I mean, it's even dubbed, and I was like 8, if not younger when I first watched it.
And I only learnt about doctor who by visiting this website, and I bareky know the basics
Whoever made this must have been some sudaca stealing the original

syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-discovery-lead-is-actually-spocks-adopted-sister

And the Lead Discovery character is Spock's adopted human sister. Who does Vulcan shit better than he did without the stress of being pulled between his two dual nature.

Also straight up written as the most important person in the universe.

And something about how they couldn't swear "Goddam or God Damn" and such because Star Trek Future Earth doesn't have gods. Which actually makes them the odd race out considering every other fucking race believes in a higher power.

Discovery gonna be a mess for sure.

Gonna be a woman and Showrun and Written by the people that made Torchwood the worst it was.

Oh boy. To that note I've not seen any of the Capaldi run. What's the best series out of those?

Is it worth watch that one?

The nerdiest thing on there is Moebius and even then he's a popular treasure in France.

As a spic I agree, its the worst of the english community without the good. (I mean statistically there are some good people in it but you get my point). I think part of the reason is how "far" from the source material we usually are.

As for teh dubfights I 100% agree, although dub autism did give us a few good things like some full versions of anime themes sang by the original dub singers.

Well that is kinda accurate. As Doctor Who departed about the time STTNG started to come about and then Star Trek went into the void just as Nu Who came back on the air.

>Whoever made this must have been some sudaca stealing the original
Pictocuck is mexican IIRC. Though I wouldn't find it weird if there were some argies involved.

>implying sports can't be nerdy
sbnation.com/a/17776-football

Mexicans are sudacas, Argies and Chileans are one step above Andalucian and one below Canarians.

Number five is a children's cartoon that has seen global release and was praised by basically every newspaper that bothered to have one of their staff watch it.
Number six is so popular that my mid-fourties boss wore a shirt with a german meme refering to the show at work.
Number seven is a classic from a world-renowed comic artist.

So yeah, the dude's fake as fuck.

I fail to see why Bert is considered number 6 when his series is entry level

>And I never understood why it's nerdy to know all Pokemon, but not nerdy to know all game results of a given team since EVER.
If a person actually knew every game result of a given team ever it would be seen as at least odd, but I get what you mean. The reason is just that one thing is more socially aceptable than the other.

That said, pokemon is being seen as not nerdy (or as "I'm such a nerd XD but not an actual nerd" depending on the person) if you just stick to the first two gens. Recently this guy in my japanese class who actively buys merch and plays the newer pokemon games dissed the competitive scene as too nerd. And he likes freaking pokemon. In the end is a relative thing, like "normie".

Come on, those slapfights are fun

wtf is that site user

>Sup Forums poster is butthurt that a board about comics doesn't know about Sup Forums
Ironic

>martial arts
Look at that nerd who thinks he's cool!

Sports guys have embraced their inner "nerd" since analytics have become more prevalent.

>my boss wire a shirt with a meme
quit

>one of Japan's most popular and longest running manga
>not casual

I'm a britbong. Me knowing what a TARDIS is is cheating.

Attacking Titan was fotm last year. Why is it rated so highly?

And don't forget e-sports, I'm pretty sure that helped bridge the gap too

Because this is literally a chart of things only casuals no about.

Ask any redditor about [C] or Maou-sama. You'll leave them scratching their heads.

Pretty stupid point to make when we're talking about IPs that were always corporate-owned like Marvel's, or when talking about what was the biggest media franchise ever even before the Disney buy in Star Wars.

>know casual girl who "was a huge WW fan since a kid" but never read comics
>watched the movie
>bought a WW omni afterwards because she wanted more Amazons stuff
>didn't need a rec
>enjoying the shit out of it
I dunno, I just don't have that experience of rejection from casuals. But then I don't try to force comics on them as soon as I know they liked a cape film.

In fact all this is mainstream shit

Honestly we would be fucked if sheev was a real politician. The man literally overtook his enemies on a military level and then genocided them after using them to conquer the galaxy

>Attack on Titan
>longest running manga
Nigger what?