Would a Maker ongoing work?

If we ignore the Ewing stuff and just go by the premise of "Maker in the Prime-Earth", would a solo about him work? I personally think it would, because due to his nature you can write him as this creepy slithery guy who can assume the form of anyone, and you do not know what he's thinking at any time. He's this mix of boh genuinely funny in a dark-humor way, and serious. Include body horror and "dark science" and you have a nice basis.

The way I think a solo could work is to have him wake up at a random part of a random planet at a random solar system ata random galaxy. And then go nuts with exploration, hijinkcs, new villains, etc, etc. Make him a one-man Star Trek with an agenda. You could do classic slapstick comedy even! I'm thinking it'd be similar to the Valve games, in a way. Absurd and funny at a surface, with some serious moments and pretty horrifying implications.

Bump

I don not know why I like UReed and Superboy Prime so goddamn much. Am I a sociopath?

It's the wish fullfilment fantasy of the nerd being right, and sticking it to everyone who ever wronged him. Plus, we'll never be as smart as them to actually changethings up that much, and even if were that once-in-a-lifetime genius, who says we'd have the resources to do anything? So you get to read about the lanky nerd with glasses who is super smart, ges even smarter, gets a hot girlfriend, and even after everything goes to hell, he still wins (albeit briefly) and is justified.

If you study something from STEM especially you know you'll be nothing more than a worker scientist ant, so you get to live your fantasy of being "da smartest on da planet" through them.

...At least that's what, uh, a friend told me... yeah, a friend, not me. I'm totally not like that...

That makes a lot of time actually.

When I was younger, my wish fullfilment character used to be Doom. Then I learned that he was a filthy gyppo (if you haven't lived them, you don'tget a say in this) and his power was basically "muh willpower" so I kinda dropped him. During my more optimistic years I got into Iron Man, because who doesn't want to be a billionaire? Then I realized all Tony does is get by through his connections and family name, because in the grand MU, he's not special.

So when Ult!Reed became a thing, I said "that's my guy". To be perfectly honest, his "utopia"from Hickman's works is straight up boring and nothing more than people going through the motions, but he's exactly the type of person me and any other nerd would do.

I'm not filthy rich (or American) so I can't get into the best schools. I don't have scientistparents, so I never got into science early enough. I'm not smart enough to get the abroad scholarships.So I'll just become one of the countless "drone" scientists at some lab.

So when you have this tall and lanky white guy with glasses who eventually gets the hot girl and gets smarter and smarter, you can't help but gravitate to him. Plus, the guy can'tdie, can create whatever he wants using his body, etc, etc. He's virtually "Wish Fullfilment: The Character".

Also, Pym is my jam. The guy is a fuckup who gets constantly shit on. And he gets legitimately angry and doesn't just brush it off. Pym is /ourguy/.

my wish fullfilment character is Superboy Prime only less whiny
super powerful guy no one can match

Eh, I prefer super-brains over super-brawn. If you have enough super-brains you can actually give yourself super-brawn.

Fuck yes, give me an ultimate universe reboot where reed/the maker is the only one who gets its a rebooted ultimate universe and is just doing crazy SCIENCE! shennanigans

Make Pymtron his arhnemesis, but not his archvillain. They both enjoy each other's company and just like playing a cosmic game. They kill alien planets, they destroy the universe, and they generally do crazy shit, only to go back to their bases and plan for tomorrow's game. Kinda like Team Fortress.

I'd read it.

>Make Pymtron his arhnemesis, but not his archvillain. They both enjoy each other's company and just like playing a cosmic game. They kill alien planets, they destroy the universe

and litreally everyother cosmic/magic/superscience power tries to stop them? christ I love this Idea

Let's see:

>High Evolutionary dissagrees with Reed's methods and abhors Pym's AI-Men

>Kang wants to launch a multiversal Empire, but these two cause massive damage to his ships and colonies every time they fight

>Shuma-Gorath tries to enter our plane through cultists, but Pym & Reed murder cultists for fun, and thus they cannot complete the ritual

>the Council of Dooms go on a hunt for RIIIIICHAAAARDS only to be thawrted and vow to come back... every single time

>Celestials try to experiment on new planets, but these 2 destroy tons of lifeless planets while battlign with their super-weapons

And so on and so forth.

>AIM despite its throbbing erection for SCIENCE! even thinks Maker Richards is a fucking nutcase
>Cosmic Races just want the universe to NOT blow up for once and Richard Maker is in direct opposition of that

I just like the corrupt hero concept, honestly. I don't really think of them as the same person as the original heroes, though. It's that they have the same aesthetic style and powers but are intimidatingly evil instead.

Kinda like Tighten from the Megamind movie. That scene of him just breaking that skyscraper so easily and then throwing it at Megamind? Mmmf. Conversely, Megamind's intro in that scene was great as well; the villain aesthetic, but he's the big, goddamn hero coming to save the day instead.

The bizarre, shoggoth-esque appearance Reed had in this story stuck with me especially. While the way the original hero version of the character uses his powers can just look not cartoonish at best, the Maker makes it physically grotesque.

That would be great except we'd also get Ultimate Sue out of nowhere to call Reed a douchebag and thwart his plans.

>Nova Corps seeing all the mayhem and pretending it's out of their juristinction
>Reed creating an AU Sue-Harem, and Pym creating an AU Janet-Harem, and making them fight in Slave Leia outfits in a cosmic arena

Why is this not a thing yet?

>Kang wants to launch a multiversal Empire, but these two cause massive damage to his ships and colonies every time they fight
Speaking of which, whatever happened to Ultimate Kang?

>The bizarre, shoggoth-esque appearance Reed had in this story stuck with me especially.

That's the beauty of Ult!Reed. He's terrifying,creepy, goofy and kinda good-hearted. He's a complete nutcase.

Nothing of note. Although I would like to see Ult!Kang meet Regular!Kang and go on a multiversal conquering spree. When Maker sees Kang smooching his ex, he goes into an autistic rage and lets loose.

Secretely, Ult!Doom tries to sabotage him because the Maker is clearly insane, and as an honorable man, Doom shall not let such a fiend loose in the cosmos.

>That would be great except we'd also get Ultimate Sue out of nowhere to call Reed a douchebag and thwart his plans.

now and again sure, but not everytime she can be his weakness his one thread not wrapped up that stops him from just becomming an unstoppable machine of science.

Because good things aren't allowed at marvel these days

>implying mad Pym doesn't just create Wasp janet pic related

What would Ult!Reed create then? An elastigirl Sue who can create a monstrous vagina for his monstrous dick?

>Because good things aren't allowed at marvel these days
To be honest, this is an idea that could only live as a fanfic. It requires far too much crazy thinking and absurdity to function as an ongoing in a universe full of regular superheroes.

So is Ureed in the 616 universe now? If so, what has he been up to?

He was sliced up by the Molecule Man, and now a part of him exists in every universe, and they can communicate with each other. He was a New/US Avengers/Ultimates villain who just broke the barriers between universes and create one singular universe compromised of several universes. He's mostly in the background.

Ultimate suee is never coming back.

like said basically a harem of AU sues, sue knock offs and more abbhorent creations mimicing sue, writers could see what stuck with them (or the readers) and showcase the awful person Maker is.

>to be honest, this is an idea that could only live as a fanfic. It requires far too much crazy thinking and absurdity to function as an ongoing in a universe full of regular superheroes.

If Morrison currently was spilling HYPERCRISIS all over Dc right now I would say you had a point, but his utter madness in storytelling shows that it can work, IF Marvels editorial ever got its shit in gear and stopped drinking the koolaid we could have a decent chance of some fun shit actually happening.

There's that too. I kinda liked her in the beginning. She was kinkyand lusted for Reed's dick, which is different from the 616 version. I always did hope she'd turn psycho herself, and she and Reed would become science fuckbuddies who'd destroy enemies, make love on their corpses Doc Manhattan style and then go off for more science shit.

Fuck. That actually sounds cool. Final Boss-cool.

I'm both of these guys actually, I was just looking for alternatives. As for awful, eh... kinda. Humphries made him more misunderstood, as he did legitimately improve the lives of everyone on Earth.

One thing that I found weird though, was that ALL of his Children of Tomorrow were white. Like, all the volunteers, all the Children, everyone was white. Was Ult!Reed a lowkey racist?

>but his utter madness in storytelling shows that it can work

I'm not saying it can't work as a book, just that Marvel would never allow it to go to print, as it's too zany for them.

Yeah, but Ewing's the only one who gives a damn. Oh, he's also in Bendis' Iron Doom book, but he hasn't done anything yet, and only one issue remains. So... we'll see.

All of his intelligence will never change that his wife lusted for fish dick and cucked the Hell out of him.

>Oh, he's also in Bendis' Iron Doom book
Oh. Oh no.

Ult!Sue only kissed Namor so that he wouldn't drown NU. It was Ben's dick she lusted after.

How's about this:

>Ult!Reed gets BTFOd at the end of Ultimates^2
>he embarks on a quest to gather all of his "pieces" across the Multiverse and become whole again
>does science shit on the way and tangles with cosmic horrors
>comes across many AU F4 teams and starts reevaluating his choices

Upon becoming whole he could rebrand WHISPER and go full "Multiversal Archeologist-Explorer" ala Planetary.

Honestly, a Maker solo could work very well.

I'd read it. I agree that the Maker has potential. Cosmic, in general, considering how vast the universe really is.

BUMP

Yeah, I would like UReed to become part of the cosmic Marvel Universe, bringing the Marvel Zombies back or some zany shit.

Maybe becoming Thanos 2.0 and have him collect the infinity gems or something.

>Ult!Reed: Zombie Exterminator
>Ult!Reed: Cosmic Scientist
>Ult!Reed: Dreaded Spaghetti
>Ult!Reed: Purifier of Horrors
>Ult!Reed: Demon Hunter
>Ult!Reed: Vampire Stalker

I was half joking with the post but, man, that sort of sounds like something I'd read in a heartbeat.

>Thanos 2.0
>not Kang 2.0

Maker is one of those characters with crazy potential that'll never see it realized under current Marvel.
Kang wants to conquer though.Reed just wants to... explore, kinda?

Maybe he's like an AI that was given the goal to increase "knowledge and intelligence" so he infinitely becomes smarter without end?

Ult!Reed you mean? Eh, that'd make him a bit too much like Brainiac. I'd stick with his "I know how to fix everything" persona. He'd basically go around the universe and "fix" things. A race of vampire-like creatures? Too dangerous to live, to the SCIENCE-OVEN they go. He comes across demons from Hell? Fuck you, magic is shit. Stuff like that. He needs to be horrifying but also kinda funny to work and be distinct.

>Ultimate Reed, Ultimate Reed
>he is a huge science dick
>he'll find you in your planet, he'll find you in your crypt
>and he's gonna turn you in a walking zit
>Ultimate Reed, Ultimate Reed
>he really is, a science dick
>"Ain't I a stinker?!"