Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0be1qBcRSVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r2XO5i59wUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The premise.
The studio.
The premise.

It was conceived.

The premise is extraordinarily weak, and Sony Studios writers are not nearly competent enough to make something so stupid actually work.

This was Sony's Hollywood tax write off this year.

All according to plan.

Try everything!

The constant shilling everyday instead of letting it fail naturally

nothing, it's a good movie. fucking stop with this shit.

t. Sony

What went right?

Did anyone even see this thing?

No clue.

Nobody here actually saw the fucking movie.

It's a movie about emojis. We don't have to actually WATCH it to know it sucks, it's just kind of a given.

this.

Like the Lego movie.

Sony.

Not enough focus on cute girls.

look at the movie poster, Does it make you chuckle, do you smile a little inside and think to yourself i know what that's like. Or do you cringe and say to yourself who is this movie for certainty not me. Is it for the kids? What the hell would they know about depression. It was a stupid idea from inception. Emojis aren't even important in anyones life.
>Devilicious
Wtf does that even mean.

> It was a stupid idea from inception.

...spent like 15 seconds trying to figure this out until I noticed the lower-case i.

For one no one gives a fuck about that emoji/main character. Should of used this guy as main character, already has mainstream appeal and everything, too bad Sony is that dense.

Woah woah back it up there.

Can I be real for a second?

This board is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an animated adventure for you to embark on. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The movie was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a movie.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly epic adventure filled with action and funny shit. I just watched it for an hour and a half and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it simple? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the product placement jarring and the jokes questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to have the appventure of a lifetime inside a smartphone and then say "yeah but…"

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring movies in recent memory.

Sony Pictures doesn't owe you a good time. Yet they gave you 86 MINUTES worth.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

No, see the Lego movie was amazing. This is a travesty.

The person proposing the idea wasn't shot on sight.

Man, what went right?

That certainly an interesting take, however have you considered What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

50% of the population dont use emoji

So its pretty much out of left field shit.

>What went wrong?

a movie about emojis is dumb because emojis have no story, no drama, no conflict

it's like if you made a story about rocks

it's as dull as it could possibly fucking be

you can give them personalities like the M&M's mascots, but even that's not enough to sell it

Likely some 60+ years-old executive idiot was like "Oh all them youngsters love to do text messages! and we are the first one to do a movie about these emojis! We're so smart! We'll make a ton of money off this!" but the execs couldn't have been more out of touch with that younger generation

If they had made a Pewdiepie movie or something they could have seen big profits

Nice pasta.

This was a movie based on an idea that no one wanted.

Can I be real for a second?

Your comments are fucking atrocious. You're acting like a whiny, entitled little baby.

A tiny team of people made an image board for random people to shitpost on. They made it for... whoever, and they're going to wake up several hours ago and see that instead of enjoying it, this retard picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and is using that to whine and bitch and complain.

Guess what? We were never going to like the movie. We were never going to treat it fairly. We were never going to say anything nice about it except ironically.

What we WERE going to do was eviscerate it with dank memes and funny shit. I've been following these threads since last night and they were exactly that. What did you expect?

Are we mean? Sure. Are we childish? Maybe. Are we putting too much time and energy into this when we could be doing something constructive? Of course, that's what we do.

But holy shit, what do we OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled to you have to be to expect Sup Forums to be nice and fair about anything?

You should be fucking weeping in your basement right now at the sheer size and scale of our disapproval. You should be showering the movie that made this all possible with the shit it deserves for pulling off one of the most epic fails in recent memory.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about us complaining about it then bitch GTFO

I can't even begin.

Am I witnessing the birth of a delicious new copypasta?

It's already almost a year old m8

vocaroo.com/i/s0be1qBcRSVQ

youtube.com/watch?v=r2XO5i59wUg

>"fight Trump" by voting for someone who is just as corrupt and harmful as Trump is

Democrats are so naive

I bet he thought Obama was a "cool guy"

>the characters live in the phone of a teenage boy

>eggplant lives in the unused emoji ghetto

Its unrealistic

Good job user!!!

I read the plot on Wikipedia

According to what I read on Wikipedia

Mel is the reason why Gene is different. Jailbreak was once a princess but moved away from that due to stereotyping. Gene and Jailbreak become an item. Gene uses his difference to save the day. I assumed the "different is good" cliche was gonna be there. I was right

>Jailbreak was once a princess
But why?

What didn't. It's very existence is an affront to every deity ever conceived.

Good god, even the ads are poorly written. He's a meh face that can't contain his other emotions, SO WHY THE FUCK IS HE FORCING HIMSELF TO SMILE?! WHY IS HE NOT FORCING HIMSELF TO FROWN?!

tl;dr You are a fucking faggot. And if possible defend something like Garbage Pail Kids. I bet an unoriginal dipshit like you can't even find a copypasta for that.

Because why just rip off Wildstyle when you can also rip off Vanellope?

Holy shit, stop comparing the punk girl from the emoji movie to the punk girl from the lego movie. Lego didn't fucking invent the obnoxious hacker girl stereotype.

But they did popularize it

>considered What
Fix your grammar shitlord, because I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Only to people who didn't know they exist, ie anyone underage at the time.

wait are there actually people in this movie? i thought all the characters were smilies

No sex appeal

Or out-of-touch focus groups

No, but the whole emoji movie is transparently a ripoff of the lego movie so it's absolutely fair to compare whatshername to wildstyle.

I find it ironic that he played as a liberal douche on a tv show and is an even bigger one in real life

The user in did.

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

It was a recipe for disaster, a cup of good intentions, a table spoon of one big mess, and a dash of over reaction.
I assume you know the rest

DO NOT HELP THEM SAGE SAGE SAAAAAGE