On his podcast the BumbleKast, Ian Flynn stated, "I would dare say that if you go through the book since the reboot...

>On his podcast the BumbleKast, Ian Flynn stated, "I would dare say that if you go through the book since the reboot, you could probably make a case for [Sally and Nicole being in a romantic relationship]." Shortly after the Archie series' cancellation, he confirmed on Twitter that he and Aleah Baker had intentionally written this romance into the book.

Meet your newest gay convert Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/I5OLi
youtube.com/watch?v=QV8sWUmzNXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pants

Probably better than Korrasami.

>Sally and Nicole
Throw in Blaze and you've got my Sanic harem right there.

I mean sure fuck SJW's, but I'll make an exception here.

>gay convert

More like pathetic neet. She's fucking a hologram. She's basically fucking the doctor from Voyager.

I mean. I'm not sure how you could read Spark of Life as anything but a lesbian romance, to be honest.
Incidentally, Spark of Life is one of the best Archie Sonic arcs.

Ehh, she was a shit character anyways.

more like the doctor from Pulseman

>spandex

>Sally and Nicole being in a relationship
That must really suck for a certain character

Rock and roll.

>Shard was erased by the reboot
>Sega mandated that Sonic and other game characters can't be in relationships
All they have is each other now.

Didn't Ian say there was no point adding gay relationships Sonic because it has no point in a childrens comic?

If not, for shame Ian. For shame.

Is it gay to date a hologram?

Also, which podcast was this?

Reboot-Nicole began as an actual flesh and blood Lynx that died and was reborn as a computer program.

So homosexuality is a transcription error?
sounds about right

what the fuck

Not in that continuity. In the comics after the reboot she is just a computer program although she was originally designed to help her creator's dying daughter, I forget how exactly but it had something to do with scanning her brain or something like that.
Nicole looks like that daughter. We don't see very much of her so it isn't sure if Nicole also copied any personality or being gay from the daughter or if that was all acquired by Nicole herself

That's not what he said at all. He said that Rotor's homosexuality (which was only ever brought up by Penders after he left the book) "wasn't even worth mentioning," because "There was absolutely no canonnical build-up to Rotor’s sexual preference, regardless of what one of the writers might have intended at some point."

There was no "intention" at all. Penders only said that Rotor was gay from out of the blue so he call Ian a bigot for killing off his "implied" lover.

Penders is a strange flesh balloon that fueled by pettiness at this point.

He did say that though
on the now-defunct bumbleking forums

Id fuck Picardo

Is it just me or does this feel a little too "obvious" to be real?

I mean, it is the case, but making Sally and Nicole lovers feels too predictable.

Better obvious than out of the blue like Iceman

Rotor said he had an intimate relationship with the Old Knuckles. He was actually supposed to be gay in the future. I hate Penders as much as the next Flynn fan, but the big hint was there.

But- but- Sonally!

I wish I could fuck my computer.

Make sense. SEGA doesn't want anyone BUT Amy to have a relationship with Sonic.

"Relationship"... right. You mean comedy routine.

>Sonally is dead for good
How sad. Now it's time for best girl to get Sonic in the new comic

If by relationship you mean stalking him and threatening him with a hammer.

Watch as they take the Fleetway route and lesbo her out again.

Spats, pham.

Hey, Amy & Tekno only happened because Fleetway Sonic was a bit of a douche.

When was the last time that even happened?

Eh. Boom Sonic is a "bit of a douche." Fleetway Sonic was full-blown asshole. Probably the only version of the character who was willing to openly pick on Tails, the orphaned child who adored him as a hero.

Huh

I'm actually not okay with lesbo Sally. It bothers me and I can't articulate why.

Yiff in hell

>lesbian relationships in a Sonic the Hedgehog comic

This is one of the reasons why SEGA imposed those mandates and eventually took the IP to IDW. People who play the videogames now (the audience SEGA wants reading the comic) do not care about characters from a western cartoon made 20 years or intimate relationships in Sonic.

Now that the Freedom Fighters are out of the picture, Sonic isn't tied down to a furry superhero team and can just go on normal adventures akin to his games.

Maybe because it's yet another previously established character being thrown into the "token appeasement" pit.

The sonic fanbase is trying VERY hard to get IDW to keep the Freedom Fighters, and they're loud enough for it to possibly work.

Also those mandates only apply to game-origintating characters, so dyke Sally is free game

It's because those damn SJWs are forcing us to accept the gay agend in the Sonic comic & you know better than to be okay with this horrendously forced nonsense!

Jk. In all honesty, Ian never said Sally & Nicole were in a relationship. What he actually said on his podcast was that people can say they like each other if they want, but he's really just done with shipping. He's also known for fucking with Sonic fans A LOT, so I wouldn't take everything he says on Twitter at face value either.

Except It's Sally, who was barely consistent in her relationships already.

My dick agrees with this, and its not like Sega would allow her to be with Sonic anyway.

Your dick is an idiot, but that is true.

>Except It's Sally, who was barely consistent in her relationships already.
You have a point, but that's almost reason to be MORE careful with pairing her. She's gaining quite the reputation.

squirrels are made for lewd

Even if the Freedom Fighter do appear in the IDW comic, they aren't going to be the main focus like in Archie. Instead, they're going to be a team that Sonic and his other game-originating friends help out when the situation arises.

Sonic, Tails, Amy, etc aren't going to be actual members of the Freedom Fighters, they're just friends who go on adventures and fuck up Eggman and other big bads.

Sonic isn't the kind of guy who would commit himself to a team anyway, he's too cool for that.

I wouldn't even think about arguing with you.

No, THESE are spats, senpai.

I remember somebody asked him about it on twitter at one point and said he was open to the idea, but SonAlly shippers would pretty much go nuclear.

If you're trapped in the 1800's, maybe.

I think of all the Archie gang Ill miss Nicole most of all.

Well, she is one with the smallest likelihoods of ever coming back, given she's an actual original creation of theirs, sans name.

This is suddenly relevant:
imgur.com/a/I5OLi
Skip to the fourth and final pages.

>look we made hot lesbians! Aren't we sooo brave and progressive!

Ian never said they were lesbians. Have your (You)

My hope for IDW comics is that they are gonna make a great Team Dark dynamic eventually.

Yeah, they where one of the best parts. Somehow they just balance out so perfectly to cancel out the edge and deviant art crap

One of Sonic's biggest issues is the bazillion incarnations of the character. If you sat 10 Sonic fans in a room they all could potentially have completely (equally valid) interpretations about who Sonic is.

It's going to be nice to have a clean slate but there's going to be so many people pissed off whichever direction they choose to go in.

>[Sally and Nicole being in a romantic relationship]

She's taken nearly every kind of dick and now she has her eyes on a literal 2d waifu. Jesus can anyone stop this slut?

When will her lust be satiated?

That's basically what they do in the games they appear in as well. Rouge is like a really good foil to Shadow's brooding ass and Omega's killbot routine.
No wonder people like to pair Shadow with Rouge.

This. After Shadow's game, I feel like this was the best path for his character arc to take. It sucks '06 turned out the way it did, because I would have loved more stories of Team Dark doing black ops missions for G.U.N. and the commander telling Shadow he's a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules.

Fleetway Sonic is probably my favorite interpretation of Sonic. It's a much more interesting dynamic than
youtube.com/watch?v=QV8sWUmzNXM

Shadow's story in '06 was like one of the few good things about the game. Really drove home the whole companion thing with the three.

Though I have a soft spot for them fucking around like joining up in Riders just so Shadow can show other people up and Rouge can steal shit.

It's a shame TMS has the rights to the other half of the best Rouge pairing.

I bet that was what fueled SEGA's idea for Sonic and Elise.

If there's one thing Sonic X did right it was stylizing the humans and Sonic characters to fit pretty well together.

Sally won't stop until she fucks every kind of being under the sun

>Shadow & Rouge is best Rouge pairing
>Not Knuckles & Rouge
brb, gonna throw my mother into a wall

Elise was just a modernization/redesign that appeals more to Japanese audiences of Sonic's originally planned girlfriend.

Knuckles and Rouge was nice on paper, but then the dudes at sonic team spend more time developing Rouge and Shadow's relationship in spin-offs and main games that it might as well not have existed in SA2.

That's not fair. Every interpretation of Sonic is more interesting than Sonic Team's vanilla "Just a guy who likes adventure!" shtick.

That gives me some Roger and Jessica Rabbit vibes.

Wow, I forgot how spectacularly shit Heroes' Tails voice actor was.

It's a good thing he's only relentlessly screeching in your ear for a quarter of the game.

Not surprising. Same origin. They both hail back to Tex Avery classic cartoons.

I just couldn't stand Tails' voice and switched to the Team Dark one. That's still Rouge's first VA from SA2 voicing her there, right?

Yeah I think Shadow the Hedgehog was the start of them using the 4kids cast consistently.

They kept changing Tail's voice actor because they kept using actual little kids who would mature faster than they could crank out the games.

Pretty sure. It does sound like her.

Poor Optimus.

I actually liked her 4kids voice. It at least sounded more 'professional' in quality.

Did he say something about IDW hiring him?

4kids is such a mixed bag in the voice department. Sometimes they sound professional, sometimes they are directed to have stupid accents because they don't think characters are interesting enough without everything being a damn stereotype.

And sometimes they have Susan Blu, and its really really good.

thats not Knuckles

If there's one good thing about the Shadow the Hegdgehog game, its that it was Shadow's final resolution of his angst, making him pretty much to only character since Tails in SA1 to get character development. For such an edgy game, it results in Shadow shaving off his edge, to just blunt.
Shadow becomes a better character when he LOSES his main character trait, think about it.

In my headcanon, if there was ever a remake of Sonic 06, there would be a non-alternate Blaze take Elise's place.

Sonaze shipper, eh?

Here we have a princess with fire powers (from another dimension, or a fire future).
Then, there is another princess with a fire demon inside of her.
It just makes sense.

I mean I would probably greater accept a Sonic/Elise relationship if Elise was also an animal, and would give Blaze a reason to be there. Literally nobody but Silver ever talks tp or acknolwedges the existence of Blaze in 06.

Which one was she?

She was voice director on TMNT 2K3.

Rouge and Knuckles just come off as a discount Batman and Catwoman. It's fun but there's no meat to it and Knux will never give up his guardian schtick.

Shadow on the other hand actually seems to change a lot more for her and he keeps her thief habbits in line. They have more a sense where they need each other

Listen just because Sally or Korra or that kid from the Loud House want to plough a girl doesn't mean she's a lesbian. There's nothing wrong with a little girl-on-girl! I'm from Nebraska and over here we call that Thursday Night Strawberry Yogurt

but rouge and shadow are on the same side, batman and catwoman frequently aren't

I did like the time Amy successfully shamed Shadow into not betraying Blaze.

Feh, they're more like brother and sister. And other brother.

Rouge is the older sister making sure her two idiot siblings don't blow themselves up.

you sound like the knucklesxrouge autist now
you know the one

>Shadow on the other hand actually seems to change a lot more for her and he keeps her thief habbits in line. They have more a sense where they need each other.
I think it also showed in the past games.

>in spin-offs and main games
Actually I remember teasing for both Rouge and Knuckles, and Rouge and Shadow pairings in the games.

It was the comics that tried to focus more on Shadow and Rouge, specially before the reboot, as Knuckles was already "married"

>teasing

This. There was no development for the pairings, except for teasing and the usual fanservice... of which I mostly remember RougeKnuckles

A sad individual.

I do think they make sense, but I also know the games will never ever do anything, so why bother?

Didn't realize they announced an IDW book. Is there any clue on who they mean by "been speaking with beloved Sonic fan-favorite creators and new creators alike,"?

I assume Flynn is the one everyone wants. Was Spaz still working on the books at all?