Why couldn't they had made the series as good as the finale?

Why couldn't they had made the series as good as the finale?

>Mfw Rippen had a really long pointy tail all this time.
That caught me off guard.

It's a shame this show isn't popular enough.

Him being an alien was a surprise. I thought he was just ugly.
Phyllis and Phil being one interdimensional being was crazy (in a good way).
The fact that this show aired its finale, and barely anyone's talking speaks volumes.

There was a thread yesterday. No idea how active it was at the time.

The whole Phyllis/Phil thing was pretty neat.

No joke, I thought this was a better series conclusion than Samurai Jack's.

Saw Rippen "sacrificing" himself coming a mile away, but goddamn, the running joke of the other random characters joining him was great.

Show had some ups and down but it ended quite strong.

Which is more than we can say about another Disney XD series that lasted only two seasons.

>Body swap episode
>the voices stay the same to the bodies
why doesn't anyone talk about this show again?

Why is it always the unpopular cartoons that keep the voices the same in bodyswap episodes?

because hidden gems become shit when more people find out about it
also what other shows do this

>tfw Zootopia crossover never

i thought the series was good overall

shame it gets no love. even 9th grade ninja got some

its because Star Vs overshadowed the shit out of it. I hate to throw the word tumblr around, but I'm going to, Star Vs' popularity is definitely tumblr's fault.

>mfw Rippen and Larry hooked up with women

Don't go blaming Star Vs as a scapegoat. The series began airing long after Penn Zero premiered and shows like Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder were still relevant.

eh the network could have pushed it harder

Good lord, even they have more success then everyone on this board.

Why wouldn't Larry get the girl. He's the nicest person on the show. Why he wanted to be a minion for evil is a mystery.

To spend more time with his bestie Rippen duh

Was anybody else surprised that Pennashi became canon?

No, not really.

Huh, so Rippen is an alien

I thought the episode Mr. Rippen confirmed that, or at least it confirmed he wasn't from Earth.

Guess we'll never know what phase two was/is. Or I guess that's the point to keep it vague to end the series on?

Eh, sorta? Maybe because of that Teddy thing or whatever. But I mean it works seeing how they spent most of the series together as partners.

>Was anybody else surprised that Pennashi became canon?
not really, that was extremely obvious to me

okay I need decent quality screencaps of the following Sashi versions for a fusion chart I wanna make, anyone got any for;

Dragon Sashi
Barbarian Ferret Sashi
Fairy Wrestler Sashi

screencaps for Penn in those worlds would also be welcome

What about Moosecat Sashi?

Sashi a cute

>watching finale
>Adam West suddenly shows up again

Can't you just obtain decent caps from Kimcartoon?

A cute

>What about Moosecat Sashi?
haven't seen all episodes yet, mind posting a screencap of that one?

Kimcartoon barely works on my laptop for whatever reason, so not really an option

actually that's a good question, has anyone uploaded the show onto MEGA or something, and if not would someone be willing to do so?

Oh god this was the last thing he worked on, somebody check. Please not like this.

Nah, last thing is the second Batman 66 movie.

Looks like there's a another direct to DVD Batman movie coming out and is listed as a posthumous release

So the most dangerous world ever is scary and all but I think Id rather go there than the one that was literally made out of fire and had giant chaos worms swimming in seas of flame

At the end of the day, it's a shame Zero flew under the radar so hard as it did.

I mean, the show wasn't without it's flaws (primarily in regards to some of its writing, which has its highs and lows), but I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the closest attempts we've gotten to a cartoon looking (and sometimes downright feeling) like a feature production. It was honestly creative with its premise, and despite being arguably the most overlooked cartoon to come out of Disney's TV department in recent years, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't going to miss it.

At the end of the day, it's a shame Zero flew under the radar so hard as it did.

I mean, the show wasn't without it's flaws (primarily in regards to some of its writing, which has its highs and lows), but I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the closest attempts we've gotten to a cartoon looking (and sometimes downright feeling) like a feature production. It was honestly creative with its premise, and despite being arguably the most overlooked cartoon to come out of Disney's TV department in recent years, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't going to miss it.Crap. Misspelled. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was going to miss it.

Nice job posting there.

If I had to point to any of the shows biggest flaws it would probably be it's general failure to establish it's core premise early on. The first episode was a Christmas special and we didn't even know Rippen's deal until late s1 s2

Steven Universe did it with the Steven and Lars body swap. Although Steven's body was asleep during the swap, while Lars was active

Pigtails were better

Bit surprised on how they went through with them becoming a thing

I disagree, then again I'm a sucker for bobcuts. Even the writers like to troll the fans who ship them. So I guess they were throwing them a bone.

>Even the writers like to troll the fans who ship them

How so?

There where a lot of one off love interests Penn and Sashi had crushes on. Especially that pirate girl and Blaze.

There was that Also I recall a comic con panel video somewhere on YouTube where the writers had Penn and Sashi's VAs do a romantic reading with the characters to tease the shippers and fake them out at the end.

I know right. I wasn't expecting her to bust out the bob at all

This show deserved so better. Better than OHS O LOL WACKY RANDUM bullshit

Wait don't tell me they pulled a Xiaolin Showdown bullshit where you wait 1 year just to see the finale and then it either gets cancelled or you have to wait another 6 months for season 2 to air. Where is season 2?

Felt the same way. If we didn't live in an age where everything is so dark and edgy with political baggage(without actually being badass, cool, suave, intelligent) like Legend of Korra, Batman, Tron Legacy. Then it's a bunch of stoner humour and lol so randumb 10 minute skits (Level Up, Mr Peabody, Tangled, Bunnicula, Randy Cunningham, Camp Lakebottom, Camp Camp) and the stone trash and sjw tumblr garbage i won't even bother mentioning.

I originally was expecting movie Dreamworks/Pixar level of quality from seeing Penn presenting the cartoon's premise in such a charming and laidback way. Only to find out Penn isn't so laidback and friendly as he appears in the intro.

Anyway the premise was done by Walter Melon, but that one tried to be a parody and Penn Zero seems to have tried to be an actual adventure action show like 9th Grade Ninja, but the comedy and 10 minute episodes ruined it completely.

>Where is season 2?

On the internet. Im sure you can find all the episodes on an website that lets you watch cartoon online.

>Only to find out Penn isn't so laidback and friendly as he appears in the intro.

Penn is actually a very flawed character and I mean that in the best way possible. He's generally pretty chill but not only is he impatient there's an element of desperation that works against him. Especially in season 2.

> but the comedy and 10 minute episodes ruined it completely.

Eh, I don't think so. More jokes land than crash and you can actually do a lot in 10 minutes if you have a sense of direciton

I would have to agree about establishing the premise and the world thing. I question why they did that in a flashback episode instead of just leading off with it to start the series, instead it just threw us in there with no idea about anything going on really. Unless they were relaying on the gist of the series to be explained with the theme song.

>instead it just threw us in there with no idea about anything going on really.
Why would they think this was a good idea? I like the show (reminds me of Quantum Leap) but it was confusing at first.

good, their ideas for the movie were horrible

>diapers
>shock collars
>prey privileges

They probably thought the theme song was all anyone needed to "get" the premise and world. Which wasn't true at all

Any download link?

I kinda miss this show.

Probably just setting up a sequel hook for if they ever come back, maybe get fans interested in a continuation

>we'll never know what phase two is