Marvel Flops

What did this movie accomplish? I barely remember anything.

>Nearly quadruples its budget
>Flop

It established an Infinity Stone and reminded us that Natalie Portman is terrible, thats about it. Still better than Iron Man 2

It didn't flop commercially, yeah, but creatively it was pathetic.
Just like every other MCU film really, except perhaps Winter Soldier and Guardians 1. Sup Forums eats their shit up though.

She wanted to become Wonder Woman right?

What was the original idea for this movie before someone broke their leg on set

The red infinity stone is there, an agents of SHIELD episode is tied to it, though its the agents cleaning up the aftermath

Remember when the trailer hook was Loki chopping off Thor's hand?

This and Thor 1 I barely remember anything about

I remember the laughably bad fight choreography between Hawkeye and Thor

The giant CGi robot fight with Thor

The Greenscreen fight between Thor and Loki

The Black Hole Grenades

The scene where one of the Camera dudes lifted a car off the ground to kill a Dark Elf with

Your thinking of Jaimie Alexander who played Sif. She pretending she doesnt care about it and still matters in the MCU Thor universe. Which speaking of, Sif and the Warriors 3 got a rough deal in these

you talking about the one where Ward a man who is already brainwashed by Hydra getting brainwashed again by Enchantress

IT gave Thor his own legs. The first one was too much of everything else. It was like he was the supporting character in his own movie.

>Laughably bad fight choreography between Hawkeye and Thor
Except they never fought user...

Coulson had a strong character arc here, I feel like

Yeah they did. In the first film when Thor tried to get his hammer back.

One other thing I remembered about Thor The Dark World was Loki shapeshifting into Captain America

Probably the funniest part in a really boring movie

This looks like an SnL skit.

More infinity stone setup
Shows us more of Asgard and the enemies they fight.
Gave us feats for Thor tanking the Reality Stone.

Wasn't a shit ton of Ragnarok referenced in Age of Ultron but Whedon is retarded and cut an assload of that out in the film

No, they didnt. All Clint did was watch while aiming a bow at him. Thor only fought random agents. Dont defending the movie but your memory sucks user

Whatever it sucked.

Well done, retard

I remember Kat Dennings in it with her chest covered up in baggy clothes

Also the first movie spent too much time setting up Thor and then rushed the ending in 20 minutes instead of the 40 it could have used

>Sup Forums eats their shit up though.
no they dont

I still haven't seen this. Should I, just so I can familiarize myself with its Infinity Stone and not be completely in the dark come Thor 3 and Infinity War?

Marvel can't write good villains besides Loki

I had high hopes for this guy and they blew it hard

Did you see the memo about putting the new coversheet on your TPS reports?

They had the same feeling for Ronan

>can't write good villains besides Loki
>what is Yellowjacket
>what is Obadiah Stane
>what is Vulture
>what is fake Mandarin
>what is Kingpin
>what is the Purple Man
>what is Cottonmouth

It introduced the reality stone. All the icu movies have s point except im3

>Vulture, Kingpin and Cottomouth
Good
>Yellowjacket, Stane, Purple Man
Mediocre
>Fake Mandarin
FUCKING DISASTER, THEY FUCKING RUINED ONE OF THE BEST MARVEL VILLAINS AND REPLACED HIM FOR A SYNDROME RIP OFF

It's the only movie I ever fell asleep during, so IT accomplished that.

No, not that Mandarin, the Trevor Slattery Mandarin. Real IM3 villain was atrocious

Hawkeye almost shot Thor. That's very important to Marvel lore.

Nice meme

Let's hope they do well with Ragnarok and Infinity War. The villains have serious mocap so actors need to be on point. On Hela:

>Half of my costume was done in post. So a lot of the time I was trying to look fierce and bad and indomitable in a mocap suit which is pretty hard to do. That's a lot of polyester to wear in Queensland. I think the restroom is harder for Chris. But Mark and I were wearing mocap suits a lot, which are very easy to go in. And probably no one would notice if you did it in the suit, they're so horrendous. But I did not.

Clancy Brown as Surtur's voice does as well as the script, so if Waititi can emote in mocap...

I remember black hole grenades and loki shapeshifting into cap also the science guy was naked and crazy and they beat the dark elfs with science pillars? oh and i think padme goes on a date at the start

>Which speaking of, Sif and the Warriors 3 got a rough deal in these
Yeah, getting just 2 episodes in AoS is not the best place to be in. They were good episodes, but she didn't even get to be a reoccurring character.

It established that Thor is a moron that would choose NP over Sif. To the point where his dad points out that she's after his hammer.

It was an action-comedy and it did a good job at that. That and killing Frigga. Scooby-Doo Doors gag with Thor, the elf, and Miljonir was fun too.

That movie had a clear identity crisis with all the comedic bits, although I'd argue some of the serious parts worked, like Frigga and Loki. But on the other hand the first Thor is underrated imo

>And probably no one would notice if you did it in the suit, they're so horrendous. But I did not.
True grade A villain material

Trevor was fun, and we really didn't need a Fu Manchu ripoff that was only slightly relevant due to the vietnam war. Then again, if the next standalone Iron Man is about wannabe-geopolitics Tony getting smacked around by east asian Hydra and Fin Fang Foom and being aggressively reminded that he was the loose cannon that set the whole world wide lunatic ball rolling, I'd be pretty excited.

Can I be real for a second?

This board is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an animated adventure for you to embark on. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The movie was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a movie.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly epic adventure filled with action and funny shit. I just watched it for an hour and a half and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it simple? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the product placement jarring and the jokes questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to have the appventure of a lifetime inside a smartphone and then say "yeah but…"

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring movies in recent memory.

Marvel Studios doesn't owe you a good time. Yet they gave you 112 MINUTES worth.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

>I didn't like it therefor its a flop

Sup Forums logic.

Yellowjacket and Obadiah are pretty much the same

Dude, you're trying way too hard at trying to apply basic logic and critical thinking skills to Sup Forums. you gotta try to appeal more to everyone's feelings here, despite it seeming like everyone here are anti-SJW. its ironic, but true. everyone here feels their opinion is law and the content creators must obey their commands. prefer mechanical web shooters over organic? you're a cuck shill. doesn't even matter your reasoning, your opinion is just valued less because the herd mentality here is against it right now.

? everything said there is true though. people here expect multi billion dollar studios to pander to them like their basement dwelling opinions hold value. elaborate to me how this is incorrect, my dear contrarian.

>Trevor was fun, and we really didn't need a Fu Manchu ripoff that was only slightly relevant due to the vietnam war.

Fuck off dumbshit.

Fu Manchu vilains are AMAZING.

>but what do these people owe you

Well considering I paid them money to see it in theaters, I feel like they owed me a better movie

its not even that Sup Forums is that demanding, its just a mass of contrarians that play off of eachother. Everyone but the autists can ultimately understand that taste is an arbitrary manifestation of a given person's preferences, but they're in an anti-rational mindset where they suspend that knowledge and respond in spite of it, for fun.

honestly that's on you, or possibly the theater, or theater company. Unless you go to a special theater that charges in accordance with movie quality, you only paid for a movie, not a better film.

The financiers might be owed a better film, you might be owed a better film in the future by some transitive property, but really, you won't get it.

Its fucking pasta you morons

Learn to identify pasta, user. The post even says "animated adventure".

This shit was last used in an Emoji Movie thread. Maybe started there.

Instead of a Fu Manchu stereotype we got an ISIS stereotype, so pick your poison

Hey HYDRA didn't brainwash Ward. He was just downing the Kool-aid.

Dont remember half of it. Probably because my ex and i went to have sex halfway through.

I was so happy when the Kirby Rockman showed up on screen, and then so sad when he got hit once and died.

At least Guardians knows how to honor the King right.

wow, you hit the nail right on the head here.

I'll still be called a dumb ass for not identifying a pasta, though.
>dur hur Ima say something that's partially true and partially falsified to trick people
>haha you fell for it you're dumb!

hahahahahahahahahahaha, so funny. what a real kneeslapper.

No that was a differant episode

It was

>Marvel demands giant pool scene setting up Ragnorak
>Whedon fights it because it adds nothing to AoU, it only served to set up a movie two years down the road
>Marvel says they'll cut his beloved farm scene if they don't include it
>Whedon compromises by keeping the pool scene but cutting it down as much as possible.

>talking about honoring Jack Kirby in the MCU
>no mention of Thor Ragnarok

nigga rusrs

Not even an ISIS stereotype, a drunk, drugged up englishman pretending to be a weird southern Osama Bin Laden, and also a fire breathing corporate executive. Honestly it feels like a transmetropolitan subplot turned into a halfass supervillain ploy, got halfway to killing the president and Tony, then petered out without Spider getting to write a column.

Well I ain't seen it yet now have I

You've seen the trailers though, right? If that's not Kirby (Simonson too), then I don't know what is.

>yellowjacket
just obadiah stane
>stane
okay
>vulture
haven't seen homecoming yet
>mandarin
...you actually thought he was good?
>purple man
only good because of david tenant, he was written terribly.
>cottonmouth
legit good, best part of luke cage.

Things like this are the reasons why I even bother checking Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums

so girls can shlick to Loki being tortured and complex and deep bs and ship him with Thor

>That scene where it looks like Loki is super calm in his cell but his mother knows better and its actually all an illusion.
>Like a child who didn't get his way he trashed his library and grew a beard as he curled in a fetal position screaming "I FUCKING HATE YOU THOR!"

The first movie established the glove. So you could say both movies were crucial if that's what you want to say about it.

Portman is a good actress who's been decent to meh in crappy movies (e.g. the Star Wars prequel). The main problem here is that folks don't see her as having chemistry with Hemsworth; the main issue from her end is that by this film it's pretty obvious she doesn't want to be in the MCU - which seems to be the case for a fair number of people, however.

>Portman is a good actress who's been decent to meh in crappy movies (e.g. the Star Wars prequel).

The best explanation I've heard about Portman is she's as good as she thinks the material is. If she thinks it's worthwhile material she'll give it her all but if she thinks its beneath her she can't pretend to care.

nice to see karl still getting work

Leto Joker would have relieved himself in the suit...AND NOT TOLD THE CREW!