Shows obvious signs she's attracted to Eugene throughout the film

>Shows obvious signs she's attracted to Eugene throughout the film
>"LMAO NO I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN"
>Never mentioned again or resolved

What did they mean by this?

Better question OP, why would you go see such a piece of shit and make a thread about it's plot issues?

>analyzing the writing in a movie that has been --from its inception-- an absolutely shameless cash grab in a failed attempt for forty five year old writers to appeal to millennials
user I'm disappointed but not disappointed

why did you go see the emoji movie, with your actual money being spent to do so

Someone had to take one for the team and I was gonna get a camrip but I was right next to two very muscular fathers who took their little girls and decided against it.

>user I'm disappointed but not disappointed

thanks dad.

Is it true she was actually a princess emoji?

And that at some point she whistles for a twitter bird?

Yes and yes, and she rejects Eugene because "she's not waiting for a prince"

>Thanks dad
I was one of the dads that sat next to you. That's why I'm disappointed / not disappointed

Holy shit that's fucking retarded

Do they ever explain why do they have to make the same expression all the time rather than just when they're being scanned?

I really hope a guy who's raising 2 little girls and has a Marine Corps tattoo doesn't browse Sup Forums.

SHE DOESN'T OWE YOU SEX user

If you were going to make a camrip, go in the morning when no one is there. That's like common sense.

I tried to go at the 7 AM showing. they were sold out

Jailbreak makes my eggplant hard

Hey, OP is it true that some kid tells the main kid: “words aren’t COOL” which is why he should just use emojis?

Anyone who paid money to see this needs to be gassed. I don't care if it's ironic or you're pussywhipped and your wife wanted you to take her son to see it. Get that zyklon-b in your system and die.

Yeah. First few minutes.
I did it to inform you anons.

Okaaay...

Is it true he deletes an email of lyrics/poetry he wrote for his crush because of that?

And also that the

Wait so through the whole fucking film, she shows interests with him and she just rejects like a scum?

Was the rejection at least done in a funny way?

No excuse. Some other retard would have cam ripped it and it'd be all over the internet. Gas yourself.

So she was every generic female LI in animated movies ever, but then turned down the MC.
That's original in a way, I guess.

Did you like anything about it?
Like...anything at all?

>"she's not waiting for a prince"

Wow what a cunt, so is she a dyke?

This is a Wreck Ralph rip off.
They aren't even trying to hide it.

Yes. High five find it and that's what they use to figure out his crush's name.

Also the ending made absolutely no sensee. He goes to delete the data on his phone because of the glitching, but then Eugene sends himself to the girl and she likes him because he's "sensitive and shows his emotions" and so he all of a sudden decides NOT to wipe his phone and unplugs it at the phone store, making all the data instantly restored and everyone back together. The worst part is it's a plot point that he pirates, which is why a princess emoji became a hacker. They enter a "pirating app" that's a tavern with spam, trolls, and trojan horses. Why the fuck would he be confused by his phone glitching if he pirates and why would he risk taking it to the phone store.
They go to a just dance app and they dance together, and they lock eyes ans smile a lot. They go to spotify and ride the "waves" of some clam ambiance music, and she says she likes him just the way he is and invites him to join her on the cloud. Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince." And afterwards the scene and her feleings are never brought up again.
Sorry.
Fair enough, but it was still stupid.
I actually kind of cared about Jailbreak to a degree, and also wanted to fuck her

Probably not, but she's a feminist and is mad emojis could only be princes and brides when she was first created.

According to wikipedia she became a "h4ck3r emoji" because people stereotyped her when she was a princess
I never grunted so loud and angry before

>Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince." And afterwards the scene and her feleings are never brought up again.

Holy shit that's terrible

>Probably not, but she's a feminist and is mad emojis could only be princes and brides when she was first created.

EWW

Yeah, I knew that was the ending, I was going to ask you about it but I clicked Post by accident

I was just reading from a Tumblr post about why the Emoji movie was shit and wanted to know if that was all actually true

Honestly the only thing that made me laugh about the film was imagining my phone as a ghetto with a massive unemployment rate because I never use emojis except sometimes the flags.

The only thing that made me laugh was a plot I made up in my head.

>she's a feminist and is mad *female emojis could only be princes and brides when she was first created.

FTFY

Oh so this is SJW garbage, thank you for making me dodge that bullet

WHY DID YOU WATCH IT?
YOU'RE JUST GIVING MONEY TO THIS SHIT!

I'm still gonna watch it ironically once the camrips are out

>Sony movie
>SJW garbage
You're surprised?

Poor writing with the dash of unfunny humor.

user, let me save you the trouble.

The movie is the boring kind of bad, not the entertaining kind of bad.

>actually watching this piece of shit

I hope you either snuck in or pirated it someone

And if you did the latter you better provide the torrent link, faggot

>this is on the front page of Sup Forums getting discussed in earnest

You fell for it, you fuckers fell for it.

This movie is the aborted remains of the incest baby of Wreck-It-Ralph and Inside that has been scraped out of the dumpster and re-purposed to be sold in the Walmart $5 movie bin.

time to ship her with smiler

I know, but I just have to see this shit with my own eyes

I'm just not gonna pay for it, fuck Sony

>spoiler
Please god tell me your joking.

I wish I was. Because my license was suspended recently and I had to catch the bus to my apartment and come back later in the day. Bought tickets online 4 hours before the showing and the only seats not reserved were in the very front, another reason I didn't camrip.

Were the meme emojis included?

>went to watch homecoming
>waiting for timeplay to start
>this bitches loud voice comes out of nowhere and causes me to throw my phone

Fuck ciniplex

The 100 emoji was part of the executive council if that counts.

The flag emojis were also there, with the Israeli flag seen more often than the others in view of the camera.

I'm pretty sure my friend is going to get paid to see it while watching somebody's kid sometime within the coming weeks.

>There's SJW garbage
Isn't Sony the ones who did female Ghostbusters? It's probably somebody in marketing who pushes for it, because I recall them trying to create controversy over it before the film launched.

It's because the kind of "feminism" that cares about emojis of all things is "hip with the kids" and the mentally retarded, who are frankly the target audiences for this movie.

>They go to a just dance app and they dance together, and they lock eyes ans smile a lot. They go to spotify and ride the "waves" of some clam ambiance music, and she says she likes him just the way he is and invites him to join her on the cloud. Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince." And afterwards the scene and her feleings are never brought up again.

I skimmed through the Junior Novelization.
Apparently, in an earlier draft of the film, the movie was supposed to show that she was dating an emoji named Fist Bump, only to be revealed at the end that she broke up with him.

I should have taken pictures when I saw it at Walmart.

>I skimmed through the junior novelizTion
wee lad that's even funnier than paying to see it

SAGE THIS GARBAGE

What can I say? Just because there's a price tag on it, it doesn't mean that you have to buy it.

But yeah, the movie also apparently ends with emojis being animated.

>Someone had to take one for the team
No.

No you didn't. Critics already went yesterday.

I only ever use the nigger moon face and custom wojak emojis for discord.

>it's a kid that pirates
>fucks up and doesn't know how to fix it
>has to go take phone to the store to get it reset
It actually makes sense. Kids are fucking dumb..

Honestly, the only way to salvage the concept of the film, that there is a city of emoji within your phone, is to apply the Multiverse Theory and examine how Textopolis differs across different phones based upon the phone's owner.

But that doesn't make any sense. He knows enough to get a skin for the pirating app, why would he not know he may get malfunctions because of it and that sending it to the phone store may be a bad idea until he deletes the piracy app.

Does the hand emoji make the ok sign?
No laughing and crying emoji?
No [B] emoji?

>Every app on every phone has all sorts of colourful characters in it
>The messaging app has the city of 'Textopolis' where emojis reside
>Once an emoji is old enough/ready they can work in their own cubicle where they have to make their assigned face when the phone owner selects them
>In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression, except Gene, our main character, who is supposed to be a Meh emoji but has a malfunction that lets him express all the other face emojis.
>Gene screws up his first day on the job due to his malfunction and was going to get deleted.
>he escapes and finds a High-Five emoji who tells him about how his malfunction can be fixed if they go to the piracy app find the emoji known as 'Jailbreak' who can 'hack' the malfunction out of him and make him a Meh emoji
>High Five goes on this journey with him in hopes of getting himself hacked and become one of the user's favorite emojis again
>They leave Textopolis and embark on a journey to the Piracy app, hidden in the Dictionary app, where the Jailbreak emoji, who turns out to be a girl, agrees to help them
>Meanwhile, the head of the cubicle emoji system, a female smile emoji sends out a group of deletion bots after them.
>Gene and the gang play Candy Crush and then Dance Dance Revolution in some blatant product placement,
>It is revealed that hacker emoji is a princess emoji who escaped bc princess stereotypes = harmful to women, High Five emoji gets deleted because the user deleted the Dance Dance Revolution app while they were in it
>Gene's parents go looking for him in the Youtube app where they watch the PPAP meme [YouTube] PIKOTARO - PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) (Long Version) [Official Video] (embed), and later reconnect in the Instagram app where it is revealed that his father also has the malfunction but has learned to hide it.

>They go to rescue High Five
>They reach the cloud through Dropbox with some obvious Dropbox advertising where they figure out the password and enter the cloud.
>Gene confesses his love to Jailbreak emoji but she doesn't reciprocate
>He goes home without getting hacked because the rejection made him permanently "Meh"
>He is about to get killed in front of everyone when his parents come in and try to save him
>All this is happening while the kid who owns the phone is about to get his phone reset due to all the issues he's witnessing because of their hijinks
>As all the apps on the phone are getting deleted Gene turns into a super emoji who showcases a ton of emotions in one ever changing gif-emoji that the user sends to his crush
>She likes this emoji and agrees to go to the dance with him
>Kid decides not to reset his phone last second and the apps get restored
>cue montage

This and the Ready Player One movie represent the final death of the internet as it once was. Its the final nail in the coffin.

This. They literally get paid to go see a shit movie and tell you it's shit so you don't have to waste your money.

'member the days of Ares when people wondered why their PC was virus ridden when they were only downloading music? Like that, as I said kids are fucking stupid, especially pseudo-hackers ones.

And if your phone glitch and you can't fix it you take it to the store or something, I don't see how that's an issue.

sequel bait

So how does Gene go from being permanently "meh" after being rejected to showing all the faces?
Does Jailbreak give him a BJ or something?

Oh my god its like the mirrorverse Lego Movie.

>trusting critics
Critics don't spoil the awful shit the movie does.

No, yes, and no.
It just seemed really fucking weird for him to take his phone to the store without deleting the piracy app first to see if that would fix things. Also, the "cancelling deletion last minute restores everything else" thing is bogus.

They come back to rescue him and his father reveals he can also change his emotions but had repressed it.

Well, if you're going to reset why bother deleting? Or the kid is just dumb which is more likely so he just gave up before trying anything.

And yeah, the info getting restored after the kid unplugs his phone sounds like pure unadulterated retard.

>Feminists are real! Their money is real! Give us your money!

Isn't this basically WiR?

Checked, but it scratches an itch and is like a palate cleanser so I can enjoy good or even weirder shit.

>the movie was supposed to show that she was dating an emoji named Fist Bump, only to be revealed at the end that she broke up with him.
So like how Wildstyle was dating Batman? I remember reading that the Fist Bump was some big celebrity emoji.

I was going to say that in my post, but I forgot.

But yeah, it would be like that, but probably played straight.

>turned down the MC
>that's original in a way, I guess
Guys how outdated do you think this well be in a decade or so?

Disgusting.
More?

>where it is revealed that his father also has the malfunction but has learned to hide it.
So is his malfunction a euphemism for him being gay

Probably.
And the message at the end of the film is that everybody would be happier if they were gay. Not just being able to express being gay or something that one might otherwise repress, but actually BEING gay.

>Someone had to take one for the team

We already know Pan's going, let him report back to the world, and you know every internet reviewer worth 100 subs is going to jump on this the day it comes out on DVD.

You suffered for nothing.

>being upset because shallow, forced romance didn't happen

But both have a female love interests. So, that means the real message would be
>"even if you like dicks you gotta hook up with a chick!"

Based Sony working the LGBT community into a shoot.

Some people only care about romance to the exclusion of all else

It's not even a proper romance? Only reason to watch this.

Just imagine how the feminists over at Sony would react if they found out about these
MAKE MORE

I suffered so you guys could know the plot the day of release instead of waiting for some edgy spic who fapped while crying to a girl who rejected him to make a 23 minute long video or talk about it on a podcast with a basket of degenerates.

Don't listen to those faggots, user. I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks user. I just want to keep the board informed.

Well, there's shallow forced romance, and then there's JERKING THE AUDIENCE AROUND.

It was better when Hunchback of Notre Dame did it.

> Then they get to the cloud and she seems sad that she's about to reprogram him as a meh emoji, and he comes out and says he loves her, but she rejects him because "she's not waiting for a prince."
I don't know where they were going with this, so in the end the parents are the ones who save the situation that jailbait nearly caused?

Yup, but she also partially helps by coming back to save him rather than just going into the cloud.

Jailbreak sounds like a cunt

So, what's the deal with the poop emojis? do they do anything at all?

Did Owo make a cameo?
It has always been my favourite