How would you salvage this franchise?

How would you salvage this franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HLPJxUrl9k4?t=18m28s
youtube.com/watch?v=EojOk3jUw_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Somehow go back in time and save Ducky's voice actress from her unfortunate doom.

Give it to Dreamworks

I wouldn't

Stop making movies. That will at least stem the bleeding.

Make them dinoemojis.

They are still making movies?

Just start making the movies as fucking horribly stupid and offensive as possible.
Is a good first step.

They stopped for a bunch of years but started up again.

make it about how the dinosaurs died

When it started to be bad?
because I have good memories of some sequels.

With a meteor.

END it. The longer it goes on, the more embarrassing it is. Or make one last movie with a GOOD budget, NO SONGS...and end it with the characters now fully grown, standing side by side looking out over the Great Valley as the sun sets, with their families behind them, and If We Hold On Together being sung (NOT by the characters. Get a black woman) as the view zooms out, then fades to credits rolling over slow pans of forests and landscapes.

How long has it been since you watched them?

I'd beat the shit out of her dad if I could go back.

Remember the animated series that just reused songs from the sequels?

youtu.be/HLPJxUrl9k4?t=18m28s

Ah, see, that's just the PTSD talking. Sounds like a little Stockholme Syndrome on the backside as well...

I rewatched the first one today, and there is some lack of character developpment which was improved on the sequels.
I think it's okay to the sixth movie, that one where he meet his father was decent thought.

You let it die

Supposed to be timestamped, 18:30 is the song.

ah, and yes, the songs were annoying.
but some carnivors had a cool design
in my order:
I > IV > III > V > X > VI > II > the rest.

Go back in time and stop the sequels from being made. Yes, including the ones you're nostalgic for. Not a single one reflected the spirit of the original. They'd have been better off claiming no connection to it at all.

With adult jokes

I couldn't.
It should've been stopped after the first movie, and even as a kid who loved the first sequel, I could tell back then that the voice acting was off, the animation wasn't as good, and that the plots were significantly more hollow--which would have been FINE had the first movie not been so emotionally compelling.

You mean like Littlefoot and co get sent to the future in New York where they meet a 30 year old Land before time fan who lives with his mom. Littlefoot and co is messing around the house, Spike eats all in the fridge, and the others are throwing and smashing furniture. When the guy comes to see what's toilet paper flies across his face or something.

Woman at work a few weeks back asked me in the break room
>You ever see The Land Before Time?
Yeah, the animated series of movies with the kid dinosaurs.
>...Do you think dinosaurs are real? I don't know. Timeline just doesn't add up.
uhh
>You think we ever got to space? Some people think it's bullshit, but I think we've been there. The Earth is probably flat, but that doesn't mean we haven't gone up there. I just think they're hiding something.

just end the series we already have 14 movies. any idea on the current quality of the films?

Please God tell me you're just shitposting.

Unfortunately, probably not

Not even a little bit.

I feel sick

>I'd beat the shit out of her dad if I could go back.
same
it makes me incredibly sad that so many years already passed... That poor girl is long gone already.. She could grow up as a famous cartoon voice actor and now she would voice some characters in modern cartoon.
Dammit...
I loved watching first Land before time as a kid.
I was lonely kid in school and sometimes i was returning home and finding noone because my mother was working till the very late.
I was making some food and watching Land before Time. I was very sad at the start of it when Little Foot loses his mother being alone.
But then ducky appears and brightens his life. They go together on an adventure and you know everything will be alright.

idk - this whole cartoon and everything about it (actors/memories) is incredibly dark and sad. However still a lot of warm feelings about it too.

>Yes, including the ones you're nostalgic for.
there are no such things as sequels anybody with good taste being nastalgic for.
I was a kid in 90s and after seeing second cartoon with that baby t-rex i instantly know its a shitty cheap product and quickly lost interest in this franchise.

IN HER FUCKING SLEEP

so have don bluth and spielberg/lucas do one more?

I would ask what happened but I don't want to know

Her drunk alcoholic abusive father killed her and her mother then I think he killed himself

Daddy drinks, abuses her and then shoots her dead in her sleep before killing her mom too. Then he stays in the house with the bodies for two days before burning the bodies and blowing his brains out in the garage.

She was ten.

YUP YUP YUP!

Retcon everything after the first movie and end the series

1. I make sure the first movie is the full unedited version (interested in seeing how that would play out)
2. Make sure they still use James Horner's music in specials after the 9th movie.
3. Give the franchise to those that make the first 7 specials.

Erase every iota of existence of the movies past the first.

what the fuck

Dinosaurs existing doesn't really make sense when you think about it. And not just the question of where humans were. If the planet got struck by a meteor and basically wiped out life and made earth's atmosphere hazardous, how did life come back? If organism died, that means all the flora died. Basically everything died. How did plants come back? How were other creatures even able to exist?

When you take that in mind, there is no logical sense in dinosaurs existing. And those bones/fossils we are shown are likely fake or just formations in the ground from time going by.

convince Steven Spielberg and Don Bluth to return to the series

I want to believe that George Lucas couldn't fuck up a Land Before Time movie when collaborating closely with other people, but Crystal Skull and Strange Magic say otherwise

I like to jack off to Ducky rule 34.

keeping the dream alive
yepyepyep
fapfapfap

(You)

I'm with this user, we debated this extensively in my theology class back when I was in high school. There is no real evidence proving carbon dating can even be a reliable source, most "fossils" are a lot younger than the media has you thinking they are.

that's what i was thinking

He was also severely schizophrenic. Like, to the point where he installed a high fence around the house, installed security cameras. He thought they were being followed and people want to "get to him". It went so crazy that he killed them and then himself sort of like "i won't let anyone take them" for no reason.

Heres what happened. They stopped making DTV movies in 2007. In 2016, the Netflix model was too attractive to Universal to resist.

This is bait but i reply regardless.
Not all life died, that's the thing. Most dinosaurs around the place of impact sure died, but pretty much everything on the other side of the planet made it. Plants were plentiful, but the ashes basically made it really cold, nuclear winter style, as a result, most dinosaurs died due to the rapid change. Some dinosaurs were still around but even they died off slowly in the thousands of year to come. Mammals were already evolved at the impact and they thrived and survived as they had better advantages.
"An asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs" doesn't equal to "100% of life, plants included, died".

That's the short version of it. I could link you mounds of articles and studies to support this but something tells me you aren't too keen on reading.

I'm honesty surprised that they haven't rebooted this as CG movie.

All in favor of DreamWorks making a reboot say aye

The worst part is that I know so many people who have legitimately believed this shit i cant tell if this is bait or not.

>ITT, Dinosaurs are fake, we never went to space
>Petroleum comes because god put it in the ground.

Nah, it's just two idiots believing it. If you want to counter troll them just tell them that the earth is 100 years old and they can't prove that it isn't with retorts like "you weren't there" or"just because you read it in a book doesn't make it true".

keep it the way it is, it amuses me.

Didn't we used to have a pasta for this?

I want to call this pretentious but I just can't It's competly right.

Same. I know the actress had a horrible fate but I refuse to allow that to stop my fapping

i like to think that at the vanishing point those people are just jumping off the cliff as well

We all die at the end don't we?

dark gritty rebooot directed by zack snyder.

Finale where the meteor hits, make it all sad and shit.

Team up with Warner Bros for a Flintstones crossover, they never met "MAN" before.

Nah, do it so that it ends on a triumphant note and we pan back across forests and landscapes, pulling back away from earth.

And then how the meteor drifting toward the planet.

Cut to black.

>competly

Most of them died, but some evolved into birds

Oil was algae and moss though, not large biomass

Dont forget to mention that we know it was an asteroid because we found the crater and a layer of burned, compacted rock in excavations worldwide corresponding to the approximate time of the extinction.

Though i have no idea why they dont want to call the the KT event anymore.

Make Movie's 1-3 be the only ones that ever existed.

Have them grow up and have kids of their own.

saving this thread from sailing off the edge of the world.

Teat

Same
I didn't mind Chomper

DW can make good movies when they're not assigned to the cash generator team

>There is no real evidence proving carbon dating can even be a reliable source,
I know it's bait, but THEY DON'T USE CARBON DATING ON DINOSAUR FOSSILS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CARBON DATE MATERIAL OLDER THAN 50,000 YEARS REEEEEEE

That's a long neck to snap

Redo the first one, but with Tom and Jerry in it

T. Ken ham.

>Tom and Jerry are the first to find the valley
>Tom and Jerry are the ones who take out the T Rex

Just ignore all sequels.

Even if you don't think the Great Valley is allegorical dino heaven, it's supposed to be a happily ever after as a reward for going through the almost literal hell that was the first movie. I don't want to hear that they still had problems in what's supposed to be paradise.

This
>And they all grew up together in the valley, generation upon generation, each passing on to the next. The tale of their ancestors' journey to the valley, long ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=EojOk3jUw_E

I think it's raining again

Dear little foot, sweet little foot
Do you remember the way to the great valley?

Compared to Don Bluth at his peak, Pixar are mere amateurs at emotional manipulation.