Is not even the best work from Moore

Deconstructivism was neevr the the biggest moment of any media

Moore's written better himself

even by its own movie

because an alien monster plot device is stupid as shit

Best superhero comics?

That's the point dingus

It has already been topped, mate.

Miracleman, Top 10, Supreme, Majestic: The Big Chill, Providence, and Songbook are better by Moore

Transmetropolitan and Planetary

Is this the secret good taste thread? I'm in.

Planetary
Manhattan Projects
Prophet

I don't think anything tops Love & Rockets. Human Diastrophism alone is one of the greatest accomplishments in comics.

Sandman is already looked at as a greater literary accomplishments. By readers and academics

>Sandman
Yes
>Lucifer
My sides
>Polyp
No
>Cerebus
Maybe the first half
>The Incal
My sides
>Acme Novelty Library
Literally who
>Promethea
My sides
>The Invisibles
My sides

You have a lot of sides

But i would replace Lucifer with Books of Magic. Lucifer is good but Books is much better

>Manhattan Projects
Neck yourself

>Acme Novelty Library
>Literally who
An actual indie comic.

>tries to advise on taste
>same response to half the titles
>complete unawareness of another
Just leave, user, this thread is not for you

Better question is will the book be topped in terms of technical achievements and overbearing style? No.

>overbearing style
Dave McKean

I never got why Sup Forums and Eurofags like these thrash Disney comics so much. They're as bad as your average capeshit.

Not talking about visuals here, rather Moore's prose, the symbolism, the lexical paneling and visuals, among other things. It's all just so composed and calculated, you don't see that level of detail and control even when the author is also the artist of the book.

Except in McKeans work. I agree that Moore is fuxking phenominal but McKean is also one that plans out an insane level of detail to his stuff.

I really want to see his symphony/poetry reading/visual arts composition he did for the Sidney Amphitheatre.

>Sidney Amphitheatre
What? DESU I'm not overly familiar with all of his work, only his mainstream stuff. I really would love to see the level of visual language similar to Moore's stuff but I doubt I'll find it.

He's a jazz pianist as well

>McKean wrote and performed a song cycle called Nine Lives[22] at the Sydney Opera House as part of the Graphic Festival.

>Black Dog: The Dreams of Paul Nash [25] is a multi-media, music, song and performance work commissioned by 14-18 Now Foundation and LICAF. McKean performs as narrator and pianist, Matthew Sharp as performer, singer and cellist, and Clare Haythornthwaite as violinist/performer.