Wizard of Oz paralel

Those right there are the Lion, Dorothy, the Scarecrow and the Tin man.Character arcs will mirror the ones from The Wizard of Oz. screencap this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)
slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/
screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-skulls-meaning-zack-snyder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh look, the fags that looks for paralels and sybolism in every fart that they do on screem.

great now I can't unsee this. So who is BatMan, Oz?

To be fare Snyder tries to show as much of that crape down our throats as possible because he thinks symbolism is all you need to make a movie good.
Superman is Oz, batman is Toto

of course, afterall both Oz and Batman pretend to be larger/more powerful than they really are and get their power through their symbol.

Superman is not Oz. Pic related. Also how is it "shoved down your throat" when you didnt get it until someone pointed it out to you? Try thinking before you type.

flash is dumb and aquaman is cowardly?

I think Batman is the good witch, the one who brings people together and looks out for them. Superman's Oz if the rumors about him going from a misguided, ominous figure back to a kind and wise one are to be believed. But should they be?

I can kind of see his point, though it might be retrofitting now.

Bruce and Diana have already had their characterization via BvS and WW so that's that done, making Diana a Dorothy isn't hard by just recycling that she still feels out of place, but as for the other three they have come off Crude, Scared and Heartless.

I hope OP's wrong though. Witless Arthur, scared Barry and cold Victor seem somewhat a disservice to what they typically represent and make themselves.

Arthur's usually aware of his duties as sovereign of the sea but humble from his surface heritage, he's fairly wise and willing to do what's right.
Barry's usually about running towards danger to stop it after failing to be there when he was needed most.
Victor, depending on your Victor of course, usually forgoes his grim situation to focus on the good he can do. A parallel to Metallo in many ways.

Of course you can shuffle sweeping those immediate decisions and file it under establishing a character arc, but somehow retrograde efforts like that too me seem like bizarro logic. Going backwards to make it seem like a character is going forward when they're really just returning back to form. Though I guess when you've got to simplify things and can't have motives take up more than a few minutes in a movie but need some motive to exist or the critics will go on about it being absent, you take familiar, simple and brief territory the audience knows and make due.
Or do you?

So Superman is the wicked witch of the east? this is stupid.

Right, because all the religious imagery in Mos and Bvs wasn't forced right down our throats. Maybe you should think, then an hero

flash lacks common sense/is awkward

aquaman lacks to bravery to be king of atlantis

cyborg lacks a heart in the sense that his father is going to be captured (get back his last loved one)

Snyder's whole DC film career has been shitting on Superman, why would he stop now?

>cyborg lacks a heart in the sense that his father is going to be captured (get back his last loved one)
He also literally lacks a heart.

it really wasnt, there were really just two religious images in MoS. Clark in the church and then Superman floating above the soldiers like Apollo.
In BvS. There were like 3 apparent images, the other religious "references" are like hidden numbers and shit. Sorry it triggers you so much. If you want REAL religious symbolism watch the Donner movies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)

>Mankiewicz deliberately fostered analogies with Jor-El (God) and Kal-El (Jesus). Donner is somewhat skeptical of Mankiewicz' actions, joking "I got enough death threats because of that."

>Several concepts and items of imagery have been used in Biblical comparisons. Jor-El casts out General Zod from Krypton, a parallel to the casting out of Satan from Heaven.[5] The spacecraft that brings Kal-El to Earth is in the form of a star (Star of Bethlehem). Kal-El comes to Jonathan and Martha Kent, who are unable to have children. Martha Kent states, "All these years how we've prayed and prayed that the good Lord would see fit to give us a child," which was compared to the Virgin Mary.

>Just as little is known about Jesus during his middle years, Clark travels into the wilderness to find out who he is and what he has to do. Jor-El says, "Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son." The theme resembles the Biblical account of God sending his only son Jesus to Earth in hope for the good of mankind. More were seen when Donner was able to complete Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, featuring the fall, resurrection and his battle with evil. Another vision was that of The Creation of Adam.

why do you guys keep thinking the visual homages are meant to be a literal interpetation and not meant to reflect how the other characters view Superman? Almost every other movie that uses such allusions use it to the same effect, but for this movie you idiots keep thinking that its meant to be a literal THIS IS WHAT SUPERMAN IS!!!

Its obviously meant to reflect how he is viewed. They think he is the wicked witch but in reality he is the kind witch from the south (and Smallville is usually protrayed as south of Metropolis)

>Snyder's whole DC film career has been shitting on Superman

are you retarded? Pic related.

yeah thats true, but the lesson Cyborg always learns is that you dont need an actual heart to have "heart." Now lets hit those showers.

its like you've never read an origin story before. there have been arcs all about Arthur struggling with his duty to be king (which this is probably going to lift from). There have been TT arcs, and now solo Cyborg args (hell even the Titans cartoon did it) where Cyborg has an exestensial crisis and is all like OH SHIT IM LIKE NOT A HUMAN AT ALl!!! and then realizes he is human after all. And the Flash tv show has had 4 arcs of Barry learning the same exact lesson--dont play god. I'd rather have young Barry learn to be brave (which makes sense since his power is running) then constantly learning to not play god.

wait so is flash the lion or the scarecrow?

scarecrow, he doesnt know how to fight and is awkward (lacks social skills/is awkward), that other guy is an idiot.

Fuck off snydercuck.

By he way, tell movie IS full of religious imagery, including making Superman fucking around unilateral have was 33, or the longinus lance.

Also, all these paralels are jut you fags inserting the on the characters. Kind of like eating and horoscope, and making it one that everyone is able to identify with something. If OP had changed the order of who they are spouses to be, you pull. Be creating justifications or it.

Man, the Snyder Defense Force working over time today, I hope he at least gets to see the movie early for all this effort

you didnt really say anything with the post and see
there really werent that many religious references, also Clark wondering around until he was 33 is like the exact opposite of what Jesus did. He literally disappeared until he was 33. No one saw him at all. Clark was wondering around living among the people. In fact they are pointedly the opposite of the lost years of jesus because Lois says she has been tracking him via news reports.

You really are dense, and need to learn how to properly type. Half your words didn't make sense pajeet.

Also DC uses religious imagery all the time you casual.

>Superman fucking around unilateral have was
>By he way, tell movie
>jut you fags inserting the on the characters. Kind of like eating and horoscope
>spouses to be, you pull

goddamn you are retarded AF, go to bed you stupid cuck

When did Black Widow change her costume? Why does War machine show half of Rhodey's face? Why does Ant-Man not have his mask anymore? I thought he couldn't shrink without it. And why did they drop Chris Evans from the role of Thor and replace him with the Rock?

What is with this belief that makes people think if they throw around vitriol and ad hominem they'll appear more right.

Barry knowing how to fight has nothing to do with his arc, it's his reluctance to be brave that's evident so far.
He's already seen by Bruce to have a brain so why would he be the Scarecrow just because he doesn't have social interaction?
What he lacks is confidence and courage. He's nervous compared to the others who are self-assured, his specific ability and the fact he is avoidant and fleeting all point towards the nature of the Lion
>I've just pushed some people and run away!
He initially rejects Bruce's accusations about him being the Flash until he realizes Bruce is Batman and what it means that he's getting the call.

Sure, people saw Clark, a no name faceless worker, what they didn't see was superman flying through the air and performing mericals. I'm sure in reality no one gave a fuck about Jesus the capenter until he was putted as the son of god. I'd say that Clark's walk about lines up perfectly with Jesus's

>Chris Evans
>Thor

You done fucked up

>And why did they drop Chris Evans from the role of Thor
Hemsworth, come on man.

you're pretty dumb my dude

> his reluctance to be brave that's evident so far.

but he was never reluctant, he joined the Justice League RIGHT when asked to. In fact in the trailer he says he has never done battle before (implying he doesnt know how to) and he doesnt disappear when everyone else does and all his humor comes from him being awkward. you have 0 proof for your reading.
>I've just pushed some people and run away!
Yeah, saying he has never done battle before. In no way is he saying he wont fight, he is just saying he doesnt know how to. You are thick in the head.

what? Jesus was definitely not going around doing miracles during his lost years. In fact
the accepted canon is that he was work as a carpenter in Galilee or if you believe the king arthur version he was just chilling in England.

And Lois specifically says she tracked him through all of the great deeds he was doing (saving people and shit). Literally the opposite of Jesus lost years (which makes sense because the whole thesis of these movies is that Superman isnt jesus no matter how hard people want him to be).

What are you even saying? Learn English, Pajeet.

I'm not your dude, and I'm not going to waste time thinking on your behalf.

Diana will tell Barry he's been brave despite his reservations, and people like you will suddenly act like they had a brain all along and knew that.

You are both patethic and should kill yourselves. There is NO paralel, you fags are just projecting it into it.

Like the cucks that claimed that BvS was an allegory to Moby Dick (using stupid rationalization and analysing frame by frame), and them got shot down when it turns ed out that it had nothing related to that, confirmed by Snyder.

You are no better than the people who claim that the character was "in hell all the time"and uses backward justification to try to prove it. It's even more dumber because none of you fags even watched this flick.

nah my dude, he never hesitates to do battle. In fact, because he has been willing to just run and push people (despite not knowing how to fight) shows he is brave. Sorry you cant think critically and obviously have never read Flash comics before. One of his big weaknesses is that he doesnt really know how to fight because he has super speed, so when someone like Deathstroke gets superspeed Flash (in this case Wally Flash) gets fucked.

>one theory was wrong
>meanwhile a bunch of other readings and parallels have been correct
>but this one MUST be wrong

see

there is even Oz stuff in BvS. Sorry you are so stupid.

Yeah man, sure. Waiting until he was 33 to reveal himself to the world had NOTHING to do with Jesus paralel lmao

You are reaching too damn hard.

he didnt wait till he was 33, he literally revealed himself the second he found his suit/origins. And see

Donner made the real parallel to jesus. Having him ACTUALLY disappear for the 33 years. By having him interact with the people and perform great deeds during his years, Snyder is very specifically going against Donner's jesus analogy.

>one character mentioned Oz in one line, this means that every character is a paralel!!!!

>most other readings are just a bunch of delusions and insane ramblings that overthink a very dumb blockbuster, made by /r/DC.

>thinking that you are "smart" for making bulshit up for a shitty movie.

Man, you are patethic. I pity you.

so one guy going around performing "miracle" tier feats until he is 33 is the same as a guy just doing carpentry until he was 33? Really? You are THIS dumb?

>he didnt wait till he was 33, he literally revealed himself the second he found his suit/origins

When he was 33.

And you are projecting too much on Snyder, that not only didn't wrotte the movie,but is also dumb as a rock.

>not actually engaging with the evidence shown
>"one character mentioned Oz" when it was multiple
>just spouting memes
>hurr durr if I didnt see them then its made up delusions!!1

I hope you never watch 2001 A Space Odyssey or 8 1/2, you would be so assblasted at having to watch them and you'd think anyone that likes them was just making up bullshi theories.

He was forced to, Zod put out a global APB on him. Still, this makes me wonder why Batman wasn't able to figure anything out about him during that time, I mean Lois was able to uncover more about in with a 4th of the time and a fraction of his budget, so what gives?

You are really reaching there, shill. Before that Snyderman was a nobody.

>In fact, because he has been willing to just run and push people (despite not knowing how to fight) shows he is brave.
The entire point about the Lion, The Scarecrow and the Tin Man is that all of them already were what they were seeking to be, they just didn't realize it until they had to act on someone else's behalf.

Fuck's sake, try reading a book instead of revising Dickstroke comic feats.

>not actually engaging with the evidence presented and just glibly stepping back from the conversation

have a real conversation chucklefuck and actually try and read and argue agains what has been presented instead of just being like "NO YOU DUMB LOL!"

Do you have no self respect?

You sure about that Moby Dick part m Everyone thought of Batman's kryptonite weapon as a spear but then in the movie he himself calls it an harpoon. It's such a specific term

The movie make the characters act like imbeciles all the time to progress the plot.

>Cyborg informs the group that “the head of Star Labs was taken tonight” and it’s now clear that while he may have been reluctant earlier, he is now willing to join up with this league of “meta humans” to fight a group of villains that Batman humorously refers to as “flying monkeys.”

slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/

Batman was having his entire career in Gotham and then retired until the battle in metropolis. Lois was a reporter that got lucky on a hunch based on connecting a bunch of events over the course of years and years and wasnt busing fighting crazy people in Gotham.

I mean you might as well ask this about the comics anytime anyone other than Batman discovers anything.

Batman isnt perfect.

see
By your logic, comics Batman is an imbecile if anyone knows something he doesnt.

no one is saying he wasnt a nobody, why are you arguing something that isnt at all relevent? Are you this dumb that you just have to make up an argument because you really cant follow the current conversation?

>putting shitty summer blockbuster on the same tier as 2001
>while your entire argument is based around confirmation bias.

so? Barry thinks he doesnt have the skills to fight but actually does. There, my reading still works better than yours. Have a good day.

yeah the moby dick thing was actually BTFO by Snyder himself.

But that guy is retarded, other theories have been confirmed by him

screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-skulls-meaning-zack-snyder/

>still not actually engaging with the evidence presented to you

this is why no one takes you seriously, instead of having a real conversation you just deflect using memes.

>Batman retired

Nothing in the movie suggested he retired
Zod warned the entire planet Supes had been hiding among humans for years, Bruce had many, many months to investigate the meaning of those words just like how Lois investigated the meaning of those rumours but he just sat in his cave going "ggrrrr"

Lois figured it out, Lex figured it out, Batman didn't because if he even tried the whole plot would fall apart

AHAHAHAHA
the fucking DCEU is an edgy Wizard of Oz!

BRAVO SNYDER
R
A
V
O

S
N
Y
D
E
R

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read on this site, and that is saying something.

What, do you really think that the fact that Wonder Woman has a vagina and Cyborg has metal on him is enough to justify this retarded theory?

You doesn't have evidences.

You has one line of dialogue, and is basing the entire characterization of other characters on it.

So you are basically agreeing with me. "Huuur duuur Superman did shit" is not an argument when he wasn't even Superman and nobody knew that he was doing shit.

You have to be really dense to not see that he wasted his time until his middle age to become Suoerman JUST to be a reference to Jesus.

>Nothing in the movie suggested he retired

Are you fucking dumb? EVERYTHING in the movie suggest that.

>Zod warned the entire planet Supes had been hiding among humans for years, Bruce had many, many months to investigate the meaning of those words just like how Lois investigated the meaning of those rumours but he just sat in his cave going "ggrrrr"

What are you even saying? Why would bruce investigate these rumors before Zod ever showed up, and after Zod shows up what good does it do? What does he learn from them? What are you trying to imply because I really dont know, I think you had a stroke or something.

two characters mention Oz and we get at least on overt visual reference to it in BvS (on top of the whole Kansas thing).

Im glad you have really good critical thinking skills and can count to two!

what does being a nobody have to do with it? Why is that relevent? That isnt my argument. My argument is that they arent his "lost" years because they arent lost. Lois and various newspapers had been tracking him. Where as the reason Jesus' lost years are lost is because no one had been paying attention to him really.

You are just saying "HURR DURR THEY WERE BOTH MADE PUBLIC AT 33 SO HE IS JESUS!!!" Instead of actually looking at the context. Jesus revelead himself, Superman was forced to reveal himself because of Zod. Jesus was doing nothing, Clark was performing miracles. Donner, who SPECIFICALLY says he was trying to emulate Jesus does this by having him actually disappear from the world until he was 33. By having MoS Clark engaging with the world and the common man they are speficially going against Donner's jesus analogy.

Now actually ENGAGE with this argument instead of making up some bullshit about how "THEY WERE BOTH NOBODIES" that has nothing to do with what im saying.

Holy fuck Cyborg looks awful

It's Zack Snyder. Retarded allusions are his thing.

OP is right. Doesn't mean it will be clever. But it's true. See

Admittedly i've always wanted to see a more...i wont say dark but i guess..."edgy" take on The Wizard of Oz.