Caitlin Fairchild and the New 52

can someone give me a rundown of what her and the rest of Gen13 did in the DC universe? I didn't read comics f or a while and just got back with rebirth and am super disappointed that there's a Wildstorm relaunch without my favorite team getting an ongoing

what have they been up to though? is anything worth checking out?

There is a Wildstorm special coming out she is in

Oh awesome news to hear, I love Gen13, you have a link to more info?

She was some scientific baddie and then joined the Ravagers with red Beast Boy and the daughter of Deathstroke, Eugene jobbed to Kon and the rest just make a few cameos.
I think Editorial was plannigg to do somehting with the original members and Superboy but nothing ever came out.

3 pages by J Scott Cambell himself
wasn't she in Supergirl or something?

Yeah that was. There was a two page back up with the entire original team. Something was foreshadowed like a reunion or something.

>we made her a special bra and panties that can stretch and grow with her size changing ability

>but to make the rest of her suit of of the same material was too expensive

I was Kind of disappointed by how most of WS characters were used during new 52. It t feels like the only thing writters actually put some effort was in Planetary and that was half assed.

Thread needs more Fairchild

>Tfw Gen 13 is outdated and SJW would REEE if something similar to Gen 13 is done
I hate this timeline

The only Gen13 stuff even worth reading is Warren's and even then the Mongolian Barbecue Horde are better than most of the main characters, Roxy and Grunge being the exceptions. Shit Roxy is adorable and the fact they couldn't find any place at all for her in the New 52 was kind of ridiculous.

me too
why can't comics be fun again

yes

is an ongoing even possible these days?

There's one possible team up...

unironically one of the best Superman stories ever

That issue where she went jungle I must have fapped to a million times to when i was a youngster

Hell, even Warren Ellis thinks Gen 13 is something too stupid to work out in this times.

Gen13 is only stupid if you keep the fanservice in. Basically you remove 90% of it and you got a pretty solid premise and cast.

But Gen 13 was all about cheesecake user.

this crossover was awesome

really

Ellis is clinically retarded if he thinks anything Wildstorm would be more more than Gen13

Sure but I'm talking about the dumb fanservice.
>like the time they went on a random pirate adventure
>or when they were at a lingerie fashion show
>or anything to do with Grunge
Cut out all the fat and you got something akin to Runaways.

that's literately the best parts though

No those were the dumb parts.
Dumb and indulgent writing that leaves forgettable plots and characterizations.

Can we keep the over-the-top silly, nude drama?

sorry comic books were fun once

Of course

The ending still bothers me.

You need your meat and 2 veg before you can have chocolate cake.

why though

>Tfw the closest thing to Gen 13 we will get is SJW Gen 13
It hurts

Alright lads how can we make Gen 13 be acceptable in current times?

make it as problematic as possible
so unacceptable it becomes acceptable
or just have Gillen do it

We just do it exactly how we would have done it if the series had continued without being canceled. If any SJW backlash hits, we don't acknowledge it. If any tumblr backlash or sexism accusations come around, we do not change anything because of said accusations. Nor do we add a strawman mockery of the people that hurl sexism/political correctness accusations at us, nor do we poke fun at them. And we especially don't try to intentionally piss them off. We just do our own thing, make changes as the story goes, hire back some old and new artists/writers who either worked on the original, understand the spirit of the original, were inspired by the original, newcomers who want to work on a project like this, or just people who we feel would be a really good fit for the project. And we have as much beefcake as we have cheesecake because why the fuck not.

People are going to complain no matter what. Fighting back is just what those kind of people want. They want to get into arguments, they want to get rilled up, and both sides want to jump on each other to get into a war of words. As soon as you acknowledge or try to placate the sjw vs anti-sjw crowd, you have lost. The only way to win is to do your own thing and not care what pissy people who get off on arguing on the internet have to say. Oh and IGNORE TWITTER for anything else except promotion. Do not engage with fans both pro and negative.

Fairchild is now a fatty. Grunge is now black because we can't have male asians in funny books. Burnout is now a queer, Rainmaker stays a queer. Roxy is now a fan girl and wears rimmed glasses

too reasonable for these times, sadly

>Gillen
It will be space lesbian utopia all over again.

but more lewd

but also more annoyingly smug

more smug you say?

if Youngblood could get a reboot in 2017 that's actually pretty good, there's no reason someone couldn't do something creative with a way more interesting team

I know it's possible but without the cheesecake it won't be the same. I mean. Gen 13 was dumb af, bt it was good dumb.

Who would be your main cast?

Just fucking punch her into the Sun, Superboy. Come on, even Kara can do that.

>Tfw Kon is dead for good

he should be brought back and Gen13, Young Justice and LoSH should get constant crossovers

>Gen13 is only stupid if you keep the fanservice in.
>Gen13 without fanservice

t. NO FUN ALLOWED!!!!

In what way? Warren took a bad situation of getting the book cancelled out from under him and having the caveat that all the team needed to be killed to make way for Claremont's shitfest and got a really nice and moving story out of it. Those last three issues are great.

I wouldn't mind to see a Gen 13 appearance in Young Jusice.

Who wrote this?

Adam Warren

Your fun ends where my need for engaging writing begins.

If we get an actual latin or mexican qt then fine.

Gen13 isn't the comic for you, don't ruin it for us

I'm not gonna ruin it, I'm just looking to make it better.

But user, if you take the cheesecake away you will take the spirit of the series.
More please.

you're retarded

Noise

You can keep the scantily clad teenage girls, I'm just looking to get rid of the glaring issue that gen13 is an early image comics.

>sees a thing that people like, but they don't care for
>I'mma take this and make it what I want!
>please don't take our thing
>I WILL TAKE YOUR THING IN THE NAME OF MY TUMBLR GODS, PEASANT!

go and stay go. Comics are not for you. You should not take which belongs to someone else. Otherwise you are but a thief and a murderer.

Can someone storytime it or give me a link?

if you're not a fan of Gen13 why would you want to do anything with them anyway
you're retarded
>my silly comics made to entertain teenage boys aren't serious enough

Because I am a fan and I think we can do better.

I don't get it at all
it should be as fun as possible
that's what made them unique in the first place, separated them from all the other teams
removing the zaniness is killing what made it interesting (besides bewbs & legs)
I have nothing going on tonight, should I start a new thread or just dump it here

No you're not.
A fan enjoys something for what it is.
Wanting to take out a significant piece of what a work is and replace it with something more to your taste is not being a "fan"

you're the kind of faggot who would look at Superman and say "I'm a fan, but this comic would be better if we took out the cheesy nice guy part of Superman and replaced it with a power-mad asshole who murders people" Or looks at a show like Law & Order and says "I'm a fan, but it would be better if we got rid of all this legal stuff and just made it about sitting around a coffee machine bitching"

Fans love a work for what it is. Faggots make a work change to fit their tastes.

Dump it here.

yessir
this is first story that made me appreciate Superman and not think of him as a fag

>Superman/Gen13 storytime
for archival purposes

>Superman/Gen 13 storytime
Yes sir! Thanks user.

you're welcome user I love it

I genuinely had no idea why people liked Superman before this except that purple guy from the cartoon

>Unique
>he actually thinks gen13 is unique
Nothing aboutbis unique, there is not a single thing about this series that's original.
All you're defending is shitty writing that you have deluded yourself into thinking is fun.

I only read 2 DC comics at the time
Marz' Green Lantern and Dixon's Robin

fuck off and fist yourself

So a fan swallows shit and asks for more.
This is why we don't talk about gen 13 on Sup Forums, because the fans are thin skinned nostalgiafags who can't handlte criticism.

go jerk off your boring ass comics and then kill yourself

>no fun allowed
we don't talk about Gen13 on Sup Forums cuz Sup Forums doesn't talk about good things
Hellboy paradox or count the Eisner storytimes

wow, I never met a fag before who could contain the entire faggotry of a pride parade at once. I would congratulate you, but I don't think you can hear me over the massive amount of cocks you're sucking.

you're not criticizing anything. you're just shitting on stuff people like to make you feel better.

>that las panel
Heh, this is a nice easter egg.

I'm the only one in this thread user so e stop storytiming and accept that no one likes gen13.

Sup Forums storytimes Hellboy all the time user, no one storytimes gen13 because they know it's not worth the effort.

dubs and trips
nice
fantastic right?
the art was real tight

fag
where are the Eisner storytimes? or Groo?

No one likes this shit. There's no exciting plot or interesting characters and all the jokes suck.
>GRUNGE LIKES VIDEO GAMES AND NAKED LADIES HAHAHAH
So it's not even a good comedy book.

...hmmm, we seldomly see superman caring (or accidentally crashing) for a single civilian in this manner. This usually happens to crowds or to other heroes.
I already liked him before this, but... it humanizes him more? I don't know how to put it.
Its nice.

It's not even good at being bad, the whole thing reeks of mediocrity.

>REEEEE people had personality once

your favorite things are bad, not even mediocre