Bryan Hitch on JSA

What would be your reaction Sup Forums?
What if he's only doing the art?

>perpetually delayed

fuck that

Given what he said in pic-related, I think I'd vomit. It'd be post-Robinson Earth-2 all over again.

What if it's kind of like Fantastic Four deal and Hitch gets the lead time of a year or so. He could probably put out 15-16 issues until he checks out in that scenario.

I'm still pissed that Hitch and JRJR are the artists that DC "stole" from marvel a couple years ago

Why not steal the good ones that won't write at all

If he's "writing" it, no thanks, not in a million years would I ever want that shit user. But if he's only doing the art, I guess I would kinda be okay with it, but only if he stops being a lazy bastard and puts out art as good as he used to in the early 2000s. If it's gonna be current day Hitch art, then I don't want that shit either.

They also "stole" Finch.
JRJR is good though you fag.
Also they might steal Olivier Coipel seeing as how he's going to do some DC work in over a decade.

that run was shit

>Why not steal the good ones that won't write at all

a) Because half of DC is run by Jim Lee (and his bff Harras) and the 2 are very much onboard this idea of getting Marvel talent by promising them greater creative control since Harras ran Marvel in a similar manner and Lee's X-Men was one of the "successe" of this era.

b) the people wooing the talent are Wizard hacks whose idea of good comic book art consists of JRJR's early stuff or Ultimates/Authority. These tastes since then haven't evolved and have become synonymous with the fanboyism of the Wizard dominated era.

badass

>that run was shit
Art was good though for most part.

Emphasis on "bad" if he's writing.

It'll be pretty ass too.

As long as he's off and far away from LoSH...

>Ultimates the shit out of that
Instant no-sell.

Think of how many more time travel stories he could do with Hourman and the rest of the JSA

if he's writing
I ain't getting it

Except for those elseworlds, modern JSA was always boring anyways.

Quick, Sup Forums
What would you choose to write JSA?
If you were given a chance to write, what would your concept of JSA be?

I really don't want to see modern versions of certain older heroes.
There's plenty of modern ones that nobody gives a shit about.
Like the Terrifics is a great idea, taking four heroes that can't hold a solo and giving them something to be centered around.

I wouldn't mind him doing something with the Outsiders for example.

No Paul Neary on inks and Laura Martin on colors = no sale

Jeff Parker

Jeff Parker. Also maybe Johns, but his second JSA run wasn't as strong as his first.

My concept would be pretty much the same as the Johns era: older heroes training the next generation.

>What would you choose to write JSA?
Al Ewing lol
>If you were given a chance to write, what would your concept of JSA be?

The JSA is destroyed. Doctor Fate's helmet is empty and broken. Doctor Midnite is dead or in a coma. Almost everyone else is missing or unaccounted for.

Wildcat, battered and exhausted, is one the run. Sandman is with him, but his dreams have all turned to nightmares of guilt. Hourman needs to take his medication regularly or he'll die. Star-Spangled Kid's powers are out of control and he feels overwhelmed.

Their only hope is to track down the JSA's old equipment to give them a fighting chance, Starman's rod, Green Lantern's power battery, Red Tornado himself, Johnny Thunder's genie, anything.

But it might not be enough to save them from the Spectre

What if Kevin Nowlan is on inks?
Hitch has said he will not work with Neary again.

I hope Jaime joins the JSA

Abnett, if he still had Lanning with him. Jeff Parker, as others have brought up. Gene Luen Yang, maybe.

I hope Khalid also joins and they become the new Blue and Gold.

Strange how he's been completely forgotten. Would have thought he'd show up in Blue Beetle at some point with the Dr. Fate stuff going on there.

>people want to make the JSA dark and edgy
why

same, he's too good for TT and it would be easy to slide Dan in as a former member

A thematically juxtapositioning text of the past, the present and the future. Three timelines: WW2, present day and future. 3 teams: OG, post crisis/Johns era/future.
Emphasis on generational values and legacy. Philosophical and ideological discourse of traditionalist (WW2 era), traditional/modernist (current era), traditionalist/modernist/post modernist.
As we move further away from past and to the future, you'll see members of JSA becoming less and less magic users and meta humans and become more transhumanists and techno geek. Also the future generations will definitely be more hip in social sense.

Surely DC wouldn't be stupid enough to do this?

Especially since Rebirth has clearly been teasing the actual classic JSA with Johnny Thunder and Jay Garrick.

dc put hitch on jl despite his jla not being good

That's a cool idea, actually.

>Who would you choose to write JSA?
Ewing, Johns, Abnett, or Robinson, honestly.
If I'm strapped into the current status quo of things (Rebirth), then I'd operate on the assumption of Jay trying to reach out to Wally and Barry to pluck him out of the Speed Force, Johnny Thunder trying to find Thunderbolt (or trying to convince Jakeem to search for him), and meanwhile the present Doctor Fate and Billy Batson are brought together to try to stop Per Degaton from altering the past (critical JSA adventure of some kind) which leads to them knowing of the JSA's prior existence, and seeking them out.
From there, once a team is amassed, start throwing in some of the more classic JSA foes and redeeming some of the pain that later Earth-2 brought.

>JRJR is good though you fag.
>finch is bad
>JRJR is good
top lel

Khalid a shit, kent or bust

>Hitch finally off JL
YES

>gets put on JSA
NO

>finch not bad
>JRJR not good
LMAOing at your shit taste faggot.

NAW DUDE WHATYA WANNA DO IS GO ULTIMATES ON THAT SHIT

Im pretty sure im laughing harder user, what's so bad about Finch?

JRJR has no idea of proportions and it just looks fucking ugly, I mean would you hang this on your wall

DC should give Hitch Earth 2.

He could do as many time travel stories and terrible pairings as he wanted.

>You think this letter on my face stands for France?

>I mean would you hang this on your wall
No but I would hang up pic related on the wall.
JRJR has incredible sense of composition and motion in flat space, David Finch wants to make shitty pop art in comics form.

>I could Ultimates the shit out of that
You could also try to buttfuck an angry porcupine. But that would be a pretty stupid idea, now wouldn't it?

Ultimates style JSA... Fuck right off.

But seriously though, do you like the idea? Might send it to DC one day lol.

yeah but that's old JRJR tho, new JRJR sucks a lot of dick except maybe the last crusade, I think Finch has gotten a lot better

The last time he tried to do Ultimates by himself he ended up never finishing the damn series

It also wasn't very good.

Finch in King's Batman run sucks ass.

JRJR, Finch, and Hitch and Booth must go.
They're dinosaurs.

>living in the past

JRJR has been god awful for quite a few years now

oh sh- was this cancelled or eternal hiatus?

>Real Heroes
Oof, that title alone is painful and reeks of preachy whoreshit.

Eternal hiatus.

New All-Star Squadron book that takes place during WWII while JSA takes place in the present when?

Can you give an example of what you would say is bad art in his Batman?
I think Janin's a lot worse
Booth would be better without that fucking inker but he's never getting rid of him so it's a lost cause

It sounds fine, sure.

It wasn't much of either.
It also wasn't anything.

The premise was a Fright Night plot with The Ultimates and...nothing happened. The plot barely started by last issue.

The most notable thing was Hitch putting in a bid for Josh Trank to direct the movie in the first issue.

>I think Finch has gotten a lot better
Maybe if you compare to his shitty 90s stuff, his best stuff is still New Avengers vol 1.
Last Crusade and All Star are good memer. You actually see some of his old glory back in quite a few pages of those books.

>hurr durr aping Jim Lee's shit style is good

Hitch is doing art on Lemire's Hawkman, so I think the best we can hope for is that that just leads to JSA stuff, and that Hitch isn't doing an Ultimates-style JSA (which sounds like one of the worst things ever).

>The most notable thing was Hitch putting in a bid for Josh Trank to direct the movie in the first issue.
fucking kek

goddamn do not let this guy touch the JSA

Dr Fate has been a legacy character since decades. Kent doesn't even have any good stories.

Pls no Johns or Robinson on this either. Their run was a snoozefest and their writing has only got worse with time. Some new blood might do it some good too.

Robinson was better than what came after.

>Lemire
>JSA
Nope. I would not mind if Hitch (with a good inker) was the artist though.

>I could Ultimates the shit out of that.

The only way I would accept Hitch doing Ultimates JSA is if it's an Elseworlds or he just reboots that New 52 Earth 2 book.

I sure as hell don't want Ultimates-JSA as part of the main continuity.

Please god no

>Htich does indeed "Ultimates the shit" out of JSA
>it's a massive financial failure and somehow manages to drag the rest of DC down with it
>"Whelp, time to reboot again!"

not implausible, I'm certain the saga of Roy Harper's suffering caused the new 52

>yfw Dr. Manhattan caused Flashpoint because he couldn't handle Roy swinging around dead cats all the time
Dr. Manhattan is secretly a crazy cat lady.

JRJR is a much better artist than Finch. Buff dudes and "accurate" anatomy doesn't make art better.

>Doesn't like Johns or Robinsons JSA
Peak edge.

They were alright at best. Nothing more than standard superhero comics. I doubt either of those writers can do anything different at this point.

Busiek would be the most idealistic choice for JSA
My premise would be those old school JSA stories where they sit around the round table at hall of justice and tell their stories. So basically a period piece interconnected anthology with varying genres like cosmic, occult, noir, slice of life and pulp.