Is western animation series getting closer to the quality of Japanese animation series?

Is western animation series getting closer to the quality of Japanese animation series?

Outside of shitty scheduling it feels like there are alot of great cartoons lately

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBGDnyw153s
indiewire.com/2017/05/animaniacs-reboot-steven-spielberg-amblin-1201817336/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>quality of Japanese animation series

Lul

Western animation today is far cheaper than it was in the 90s and 00s, it's only declined in artistic style and quality.

Japanese anime is very high quality content, user.
At least when it's a good anime

I mean you could say the same thing about western animation friend

>Japanese anime is very high quality content

Again, Lul

Absolutely correct, but i always felt like anime tends to have more sophisticated plots than western cartoons.

It really is.

It isn't.
Animation quality - lol
Content - killed by SJWs
Story - storyboard dependent shows and 11 minute limits ruined this
Design - even fails here, some animes look the same but at least they look good most of the time. Noodle arms, bean heads, :T faces

>alot of great cartoons lately
lol

So I guess the conclusion of this thread is both the majority of eastern and western animation is shit quality?

>Content - killed by SJWs
You are trying way too hard to push a narrative that is not even true.

You are ruining it for yourself, really. and btw, Social Justice is not even a bad thing. the fact some people who fight for social justice aren't doing it properly doesn't mean you should not fight for social justice

Quality is relative, not to mention you can't generalize an entire nation's animation quality, end of discussion.

You god damn fuckin namefags need to go back to tumblr or reddit. You ain't special you fucking cunt.

Also, no, anime has pretty bad animation and all around elements. Literally waifu of the month BS. Western animation and character design is leagues ahead. Someone sage this bait.

What animes did you watch?

Is that a joke, OP? Cartoons were a million times better in the 2000s.
Anime is strictly superior to cartoons in every way. Always has been, always will be.

I still won't watch it, though.

>Cartoons were a million times better in the 2000s.

>Anime is strictly superior to cartoons in every way. Always has been, always will be.

I think you are contradicting yourself

Being superior to cartoons isn't really a hard goal to accomplish, it's still shit user.

You're a tripfag, so your opinion is irrelevant. Probably good because it's wrong.
>Social Justice is not even a bad thing
Social Justice is a misnomer. There is Justice, or there is not. "Social Justice" is as much of a smokescreen as "Gun Violence".

Learn the difference between a namefag and a tripfag, newfag.
>anime has pretty bad animation and all around elements
Anime is a genre with a variety of art styles. Go watch Ergo Proxy and then talk about bad animation and "all-around elements", whatever the fuck that means.

I guess I should have phrased that better, but that's not what I meant.
Think how many (good) anime would have died due to controversy if they had been developed in the west.
We talk about extreme japanese apologizing, but look what happened with SU. Over a fucking sketch, drawn by a black person no less.

The only good ones that you're too young to remember.

Nope, that's a namefag newfriend.

WHY DO YOU ALL KEEP FALLING FOR THESE SHITTY BAIT THREADS?

>You're a tripfag, so your opinion is irrelevant.
Ad Hominem. go back to Sup Forums if you like using logical fallacies

>Social Justice is a misnomer. There is Justice, or there is not.
Social Justice is a form of justice. Abraham Lincoln was a social justice warrior because he fought to free the slaves. that's what social justice mean

Without social justice, the western world would be just as bad as Saudi Arabia. actually maybe even worse

We have nothing better to do.

Oh god no you stupid tripfag, you're probably a underage fag too.

But anyway....

In every country, Animation quality is controlled by how much money a Network is welling to spend on it

Easy example to understand is CN's and how they spend their money on studios, they believe in to spend the most bang for their buck. That means 11 minutes of actual animation.

Japan's Networks don't give a flying fuck about spending money on animations, forcing studios to cut corners all the time. The reason why you think other wise is because you're just like looking at the snowflakes. Stuff like little Witch Academy where the creator isn't limited by a network because he has all the money to spend on his show. The most you get in almost ALL animes is still shots with voice actors talking off screen.

What happened in SU was the most fucking irrelevant shit possible.

There are plenty of cartoons that violate all social justice, such as Rick&Morty, Southpark and Family Guy. so please, shut up

>Abraham Lincoln was a social justice warrior

Not sure if you're baiting but either way you made me smile so good on you.

>spend all day hating modern cartoons
>someone says modern anime is better than modern cartoons
>outrage
Never change Sup Forums

Are you claiming Abraham Lincoln was not fighting to promote social justice?

I'm just proving you that fighting for social justice is a good thing user. all the biggest social justice warriors are seen as heroes nowdays

>sophisticated ploys
>cute girls in x-bu
>cute girls doing x
>cute girls

>reddit the show
>oops trump won
>literal shit on a plate

I'm not sure which of those shows you are talking about, but it's probably Southpark or Family Guy since SU and R&M don't engage in political commentary

No, as long as were cheap it will never be like the 90s again.

Anyway every time we have a topic like this we will always need to bring this up.

>US vs Japan

Shitty bait threads are dominant Sup Forums culture and have been for like 8 years now. You're just getting outnumbered by people who prefer this to good faith discussion.

>"Social Justice"

Social Justice has been a thing ever since Catholics coined the term in the 1840s. The ideas of Social Justice have existed since Plato and Socrates. Most churches today have social justice as one of their core tenants.

Remember when Glenn Beck said to avoid churches with Social Justice?
youtube.com/watch?v=bBGDnyw153s

>Abraham Lincoln was a social justice warrior because he fought to free the slaves. that's what social justice mean

i dont know

but i can say japan respects their land. fucking not a single piece of trash. everything is super clean over there. and their work ethics are much better than here in the US. its like disneyland there but with temples and shit.

Is little witch academia anime?
Cuz i hate anime but like little witch academia

Of course not, there's something good every anime season and cartoons are lucky to have something decent once a year.

There are a lot more quality animes than western cartoons... most the ratio of quality to garbage is much higher in the west compared to the metric ton of shit that comes out every season for anime

>most
how the hell did that come out, I meant but**

It's an anime.
If you're watching it on netflix please kill yourself

Hoe else is Trigger going to get my money? They pay Trigger a good amount of money per view.

>killed by SJWs
Go outside.

>They pay Trigger a good amount of money per view
pretty sure it isnt by view, unless you got some reference

1 view = $1 dollar.

again, pretty sure you are retarded

unless you have a reference

Lol? You know how many quality animus come out a quarter?

there is one definition of social justice when tumblr talks about it. And that's cancer

>Is western animation series getting closer to the quality of Japanese animation series?
Only when it's a movie or made by LeSean Thomas or made in France.

>anime tends to have more sophisticated plots than western cartoons

Absolutely true on that one. Look at show like Boku no Pico. There's kid stuff and then you watch a show like Boku and realize how mature a cartoon can get.

>arguing on the internet is retarded
>except when it's with me, the king of arguments
>you're all wrong and retarded compared to me
the ironing of you post and image is hilarious.

No thats a fact, we been though this before.

Any cartoons like Ghost in the Shell or Cowboy Bebop?

I thought they were about the same already.
Both regions have about the same ratio of crap to quality.

No, if you're talk about Children of Ether then you're in shit cheek with out a paddle as everyone is saying "Even Tom & Jerry and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is better then this".

Anyway....

>Is western animation series getting closer to the quality of Japanese animation series?
This is not the 90s anymore, but TMS is doing the Animaniacs reboot due to Lupin III Part V being done since December of last year and the over all lack of output in 2017 (3 ads for Hiroshima Gas, Aikatsu Stars Episode 55 and finishing up Chain Chronicle).

indiewire.com/2017/05/animaniacs-reboot-steven-spielberg-amblin-1201817336/

Batman & Harley also looks much better then what The Answer Studio was doing with their Batman projects as well but that might be Korean Moi doing the animation in the end.