How come characters like Droopy or Screwy Squirrel never took off?

How come characters like Droopy or Screwy Squirrel never took off?

Other characters like Felix the Cat or Woody Woodpecker may be failures, but that didn't stop their owners from pushing them in their own cartoon series and even movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dtj6v-wRPi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Droopy never took off
>Felix the Cat or Woody Woodpecker may be failures

Droopy needs a good comeback. He was fucking based.

>senor droopy
>from guadalupe

you didn't get a series or movies back in those days without being WILDLY successful

Oh NOW I GET IT

If he comes back? He needs to be less broken. Glad that his cameo in Willy Wonka and Tom & Jerry had him arrested.

dude was literally swimming in pussy

Tex's other characters were just more popular
plus he died before he could make some more awesome shit with him in it

Don't forget Sup Forums. Droopy hooked up Real Women before Sonic even tried photo-realistic humans. And Droopy somehow avoids the unsettling undertones.

I'm the Weasel took a bigger step by having kids with a human woman, more than once.

Sonic mimicked classic cartoons from the beginning, being modeled after Felix the Cat and all.

Because the hallmark of a mascot funny animal is flexibility. Mickey and Bugs Bunny work because they work as vessels for whatever story that needs to be told, while still retaining their personality. Even Felix and Woody have this trait to some degree, and the only reason why they faded into obscurity is because nobody wants to work with them.

Droopy and Screwy are blatant one-trick ponies. Screwy exists solely to be an asshole that gets away with everything and NO ONE likes that shit.

That is why Screwy was outright killed off in his second short. His creator I think it was, didn't like him in the end and decided to have him endure a finale of being Loved To Death.

Because it's always played for laughs. Donald Duck got away with the same shit.

>Droopy never took off
>characters like Felix the Cat or Woody Woodpecker may be failures

Are you retarded?

Are you literally retarded?

Donald had a human love interest at some point? I know that that Quack Pack show from the 90s had them interacting with humans but even there his love interest was Daisy.

Droopy was trying to make people laugh

Sonic tried to make actual anime romance with a young anime girl

(OP)

Woody and Felix were popular as shit

tf you on about

When?

Were they? Never heard of anyone speaking fondly of either. Their last cartoons were either bland (Woody Woodpecker) or strange (Twisted Tales of Felix). And there are no plans to do anything with these two stateside, unless you count that freaky foreign Live Action Woody Woodpecker movie. Popeye's cancelled film looked more promising than that.

He's either baiting or incredibly young. Seems their only measure of success is if it's still being made today, which is pretty fickle for things made 50+ years ago.

>Droopy was trying to make people laugh

and yet for some reason girls just wanted to jump on his cock

In some shorts Droopy even straight up had a successful family with a wife and kid. So when it came to women? Droopy was well rounded.

The only female who didn't want him was that Sheep Girl from Sheep Wrecked.

That makes her worst girl.

I know who Woody Woodpecker is, I know how he laughs, I even had a vhs of him. But I can't remember a single cartoon of his

>The only female who didn't want him was that Sheep Girl from Sheep Wrecked.

And yet she's the best thing that ever came from Droopy's shorts. Wish she'd make a return to get more art.

>droopy never took off
Best cameo character in any given situation.

beep beep

also had one of the better shorts from 99
youtu.be/Dtj6v-wRPi4

>Wish she'd make a return to get more art.
user, she gets art constantly. She is one of the slowest burning waifus Sup Forums has ever had. She has a whole booru dedicated to her (and I guess offshoot characters too), for cryin out loud.

Hey, summerchildren: just because something's popularly lived and died before you were born, it doesn't mean it was never popular.

On a similar note, stop making all those "how come nobody talks about this" threads. "Nobody" talks about them because either that "forgotten" thing you just "rediscovered" doesn't have as much merit as you think it does, or we already discussed everything while you were still in class.