Captain Picard, it's really come to this?

Captain Picard, it's really come to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3172221/Patrick-Stewart-Sunny-Ozell-s-75-s-36-met-instant-attrektion.html
youtube.com/watch?v=fVIYhNWjsyk
youtu.be/Fg_cwI1Xj4M
youtu.be/1fhtUs1KAEs
youtube.com/watch?v=FUBci6M40NU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Think he cares?

He pretty much does whatever for shits and giggles

>He never watched American Dad

Playing poop is the exact sort of thing he'd be into.

I'm pretty sure he'll be in anything as long as you buy him lunch.

>He pretty much does whatever for shits
Except it's literal this time.

Well, this is what you get with an income free society.

He just played one of his most serious roles in Logan, in which he was fantastic and had a fucking brutal death scene, not to mention how good he is at playing someone with dementia. He probably just wanted to do a silly role and fuck with people for a while, it's not like this is his only source of money anymore.

He does whatever he feels like doing. He a white Samuel L. Jackson.

Can't really blame him. He's always liked doing silly things, like his cameo in Gnomeo and Juliet.

You're implying Samuel Jackson can do more than one character.

Max von Sydow went from Ingmar Bergman classics and The Exorcist to Game of Thrones. Takashi Shimura starred in the best Kurosawa films, but later appeared in a bunch of Godzilla sequels. Al Pacino starred in The Godfather and Jack & Jill. Don't even have to say anything about Robert De Niro.

There's no difference between a dollar earned from doing Shakespeare and a dollar from The Emoji Movie. Nothing is sacred anymore.

>showed up to the premiere with stains on his t-shirt

There's this perception that Patrick Stewart is just as solemn, dignified and eloquent as Captain Picard, but the fact is, he's nothing like that character all. He's a talented actor, certainly- the fact that people assume he really is like Picard is a testament to his skill- but as a person, he's a pretty regular guy with a sorta juvenile sense of humor. It's why he does shows like American Dad and, yes, movies like The Emoji Movie. They genuinely do appeal to his sensibilities, despite what his fans seem to want to believe.

This sort of disconnect happens more often than you might think, with the ur-example being another Star Trek alum, Leonard Nimoy. Though he embraced it in his later years, he was initially quite bitter about it- even wrote a book just to drive home the point that he was a separate person from the character he played.

moar like captain POOcard, amirite?

Your life is still 100 times more atrocious.

There's a BBC production about the first Doctor Who who until he got that role was a surly old twat but the innocent non-deranged unnerdic love of all those preneurotic kids finally thawed him out. So maybe Pat Stewart wanted a piece of that.

p.s. it's worth watching the Beeb thing just to be startled by the final clip of the original Doctor Bill Hartnell sliding into senility and refering to himself in his last episode as "an old fucker"

the man has done literally everything he's wanted to do. He's the face of a generation of Trek Fans, he's shakespearan trained, he's been KNIGHTED.

He did this because he was bored. Its a metajoke.

The guy is in his 70s and has made enough money that he never needs to work again; just the residual checks from Star Trek reruns alone must be lining his pockets. This is just for fun and having something to do.

that's literally some gray hanes undershirt

Stewart used to exactly be like Picard even off screen. Star Trek documentaries point out that his time with the rest of the cast plus said rest of the cast being absolutely incorrigible pranksters got him to take the stick out of his shakesperean ass.

>he's a pretty regular guy with a sorta juvenile sense of humor
I would expect even regular people to know better than take part of this movie.

What does that literally shit character do in the movie anyway?

Who fucking cares? He's too old to even know what any of the references in the movie are.

>calls actors by characters they've played
>expects actors to actually be like the fictional characters they portray
You're either five, or you have the down's.

I haven't seen the movie, but I bet Patrick Stewart gave a brilliant performance as the poop emoji. I don't think I've ever seen him do a phoned in performance, even in castlevania lords of shadow, which really didn't deserve a good performance.

Stewart actually said that this role was the most fun he ever had voice acting.

Remember that if they don't accept these kinds of roles, they'll be typecasted

Stewart might have gotten tired of playing the Picard character, even in X-men

He's like Christopher Lee. You pay his fee, which is actually pretty lenient as far as Hollywood goes and he will give you a good performance. No questions asked.

But isn't he still kinda being typecasted if he's put into the silly role for the sole purpose of juxtaposition?

Dat projection

Patrick Stewart has played all sorts of roles for decades and enjoys the chance to be silly as well as dramatic because he gets to showcase his range.

for the record, they made a star trek reference in the movie. they made the poop emoji sit in a chair just to swivel in it and deliver a star trek joke.

Hey, money's money. David Bowie was in Spongebob for the same reason.

PStew has reached the point where he does not have to prove anything to anyone. He probably accepted the role because he was free that week and thought it was funny.

>those hambacker legs on smiley

This was good as fuck and his death scene may be my favorite Patrick Stewart moment.

>Star Trek joke

Lemme guess: "Make it so, Number 2!"

Friendly reminder that SIR Paddy Stew is five years older than his wife's dad.

dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3172221/Patrick-Stewart-Sunny-Ozell-s-75-s-36-met-instant-attrektion.html

He the kind of person who doesn't really care, he's just doing whatever he wants, and that's great.

That's what makes him such an amazing actor - he has a range very few people have, and he doesn't restrict himself to just one genre or archetype.

wait, isn't he gay?

>works of family guy
>surprised he'd do anything for money

Wrong old actor that appeared in xman movies

seems fitting for the worst star trek captain

You take that back

you son of a bitch, go fuck yourself

>This mad that Janeway is best captain.

>if you're not first you're last

Do you come from Bizarro world or something?

>Remember that if they don't accept these kinds of roles, they'll be typecasted
>Stewart might have gotten tired of playing the Picard character, even in X-men

You forget that he has a perfectly good counter to his Picard in Avery Bullock.
youtube.com/watch?v=fVIYhNWjsyk

>Nothing is sacred anymore

Max von Sydow also starred in Incredibly loud or whatever it was called. The Kurosawa example literally was a shitload of time ago in film history. Alec Guiness notably also starred in Star Wars after exclusively doing criticitally acclaimed roles. So it is not a new development.

At least we can truthfully say that his acting was shit.

He's done son. Its time for fun between outings with Sir Ian

Dude gets his kicks sitting in ball pits. Yea

So what you're saying is that typecast is bad

Patrick Stewart loves crude humour. He played a pervert version of himself in Extras ages ago, and he's been in American Dad for years making a lot of the stupidest jokes in the show. He probably found it absolutely hilarious when they asked him to play a poop.

But he has some of the best jokes in in American dad

He will probably snatch that Oscar nomination as a secondary actor for Logan so why would he even care?

He can do at least two.

>He played a pervert version of himself in Extras ages ago
youtu.be/Fg_cwI1Xj4M

He wants to use Prof X's powers to make women naked.

He's Old.. give him a break..

youtu.be/1fhtUs1KAEs

You think THAT's bad, some fucker over here slammed Spiderman Homecoming and praised this...

Waiting for the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=FUBci6M40NU

His monologuing and evil-laughter skills are top notch.

that was Magneto

He's well past his prime, knows he's going to die within the next 5-10 years

he's going to do whatever the fuck he wants just for the hell of it

ayyyyy

He does lots of crazy stuff for >shits and giggle

pretty much. He's a funny guy.

You should watch Blunt Talk, best comedy show in the past 5 years

he looks ruff

>some nobody on YouTube

He laughs hard that people think him and McKellan are gay lovers. He doesn't even bother denying it cause it amuses him

>ignoring Captain Archer

I wish.

Who cares? He can do about anything and still come out unscathed. He's not the one saying that Emoji Movie will fight Trump or feminism.

*sexism but you get the point

Beat me to it you fag.

>anytime in the next 5 to 6 thousand years

i can live with this

>cast Patrick Stewart as Poop Emoji
>only have him around for a couple of lines
What was the point then?

> Patrick Stewart plays a shit onn a shit movie

> William Shatner plays a pony on My Little Pony
> The pony even looks like him during his youth, mature and golden years.

What's the deal with ST actors?

Well, that doesn't sound very "regular guy", now does it?

Wait, what's that about Shatner?

Never saw kingsmen

And like... 90 other movies

>take role in wacky retarded scifi show
>you have to, under the pretenses of a fantastical space age universe, kiss underwear-models with latex squids stapled to their faces
>jump around like you're in a mosh to show that the ship's going through "turbulence"
>act silly/retarded/whatever when you're put under the effect of some space ray, space poison, space virus, space junk food, whatever
>fake cry and jettison some ALF-looking redshirt into space
Star Trek sets a precedent for doing silly poorly-written horseshit.

>The pony even looks like him during his youth, mature and golden years.
pics please

Millions of dollars for maybe a weekend in a recording booth? Holy shit I'd take it. Work is work user.

Star Trek was pretty wacky at times. It's just a natural progression.

Posting pony pics is against Sup Forums's rules, but if you search "The Perfect Pear" on Youtube you will find the episode. Warning: it's an episode about dead parents and it's way better of what a fucking pony show is allowed to be.

Figures, King Goobot was a really entertaining villain and one of the highlights of that movie.

That was a boring movie

Somehow I didn't hear about that. Neat. I need to get caught back up.

You're a boring user

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Archer did pretty damn well for making things up as he went along and his every move being manipulated by people from the future.