Since when was Harley Quinn considered a hero?

Since when was Harley Quinn considered a hero?

>Saves people
>"Durr why is she a hero durr"

Same reason as captain America, ironman, Natasha, murderous green monster, arrow assassin, and genocidal Norse thunder alien.

Since DC decided villainesses were toxic. It's 2017, people.

*sips tea*

Injustice.

since she turned into a popular cash cow

Because casuals + popularity ruins everything

Since marketing wanted a quirky cute bad girl to appeal to young girls and Harley, the break out original character from BTAS, was a good fit. So like all popular cape characters to some degree she's being experimented with.

That said - not my Harley. I find NuHarley rather lame. I can't quite put my finger on what I really hate about her, but I think that having her pull away from the Joker's orbit so much doesn't help. A little bit here and there, like hanging out with Pam is okay, but too much and I feel like you lose a lot of the dynamic that made Harley work so well to begin with.

something something abusive relationship with joker something something she's redeemed now something something she normies love her

>I cant put my finger on it
Its because shes not held accountable for her actions anymore. She can do anything and not get repercussions for it because shes practically a Loony Tune

Wolverine, Venom, Deadpool....she's hardly the first initial foe who's popularity landed them a spot as a good guy

but she's an established villain.

Since never.

So was Eddie Brock and a handful of other heroes that started off as villains, become anti-heroes and then waver back and forth as needed.

Cape continuity don't give a fuck. It's like pro wrestling. They follow a step behind the crowd and they figure out how to make narrative sense of it as an afterthought.

DC Super Girls has a combination of Superheroines and Supervillainesses in their weird ass Highschool setting. Harley being a character in it is not necessarily an indication that she's a hero, especially given her tendency to play both sides in canon.

I agree.

I think Harley could be used for better stories when she's Joker's sidekick. Her role as an abuse victim who is stuck in the abusive cycle (abuse, makes excuses, honeymoon period, repeat) makes for a more interesting character than yet another "bad gurl" character.

If I want to read strong female characters in DC, I've got Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, multiple iteratons of Batgirl/Woman, and plenty more.

Harley was unique, now she's just part of an archetype.

You're full of shit and overemphasizing the domestic abuse angle.

>Overemphasizing the domestic abuse angle
Not him but that was literally her fucking character user. Id rather get the cautionary tale than the deadpool shit shes become

Not him, but I disagree. You're full of shit and probably trying to run away from it. Harley being not a good person but also a sympathetic character is a lot of what made her work. And it worked well for the Joker's character as well, and made for an interesting relationship with Batman and other characters. Harley works best when she's sort of broken. Making her empowering or whatever is trading what made her unique for cheap reader catharsis.

Am I the only who remembers that Harley quit being the Joker's sidekick by 2003? She had her own solo and hanged out more often catwoman and poison ivy.

Since WB sold a million Halloween costumes last fall.

I don't think anyone is saying this popped up out of nowhere in the last few months or years, and if they are they're wrong. I will say that a lot less people were paying attention to her evolution and introduction into comics at the time. If you talked about Harley Quinn back in the early 2000s you were probably discussing BTAS or BSA.

half the main characters are villains in a show for little girls to look up to xoxo

Amanda waller is the principal too

Since Waypool made bank

Because the version of Harley in the OP is from a toy-friendly Elseworlds series.

>won't somebody Think Of The Children!!

Wolverine murders the fuck out of street thugs with no shits given about due process or the law in general. Grow a pair, would you?

What kills me is there's no shortage of actual heroines who could use the boost

>2 is half of 7

This. 90% of the way she's written is character wank and tween girl power fantasy.

I don't think that's all of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Catwoman and Cheetah were in the show somewhere.

>Its because shes not held accountable for her actions anymore
Was she ever?
You guys are dumb as shit.

>Wolverine murders the fuck out of street thugs
Wolverine murders the fuck out of any civilian who looks at him wrong, but it's justified because any bar bruiser in a comic book is SURELY up to something bad

Capefans have very warped views of morality 9 times out of 10, especially those who view fictional heroes as their real heroes, rather than just drawings meant to entertain

I hate that NuHarley has the bleached skin. Making her female Joker instead of a Joker groupie was a mistake.

ivy kitana and harley ????

cheetah is the main "villian" of the first season sabotaging wonder woman, and catwoman is a background goth girl

>Katana
>villain

Yes she was, and you're a fucking idiot that's being contrary for the sake of it. Neck yourself for us.

She became popular then became REALLY popular then she became an antihero because women like slutty Harley. Do guys even like nuHarley as much?

>4 bat characters
even in a girls toy commercial universe...

Thinking about it more, did you mix up Katana and Shiva?

She's marketable. And so, that is literally the entirety of the answer.

Expect most kiddies just watch the shows and probally not the actual comics at that point
then reading them at like 9 years old or like 11 seeing harley kill random people is just odd, like do you see little kids read batman comics? no they just play with the toys and wacth the shows.

shes not a hero either, falls more into "villian" to most people lol

It would have been the same with X characters pre their meta genocide

When you operate business, you sell what sells, it's common sense.

>shes not a hero either, falls more into "villian" to most people lol

Literally what are you talking about?

When I was a kid my first experience with Wolverine was this. Do kids not steal their older siblings' comic books anymore?

Hate NuHarley, love girls that dress like NuHarley!

Most kids who are into heros are exposed to them by movies or shows, kids dont really read anymore for fun

C'mon user. Even if Suicide Squad was the only place you've seen Katana, you should know she's not a villain

>95
Kind of surprised no Venom at least. I mean, Juggernaut is cool and all, but I recall Venom being pretty hot in the mid 90s. I guess they needed a Zangief.

Since she defies gender stereotypes.
>girls don't shit

i guess its kinda a strech

Yes you moron

I get horny every time I see this, I'm not well

I resonate with that dog sniffing toward her ass more than I have any comic character in years

>Sup Forums doesn't read comics.

Holy shit I thought this was a meme but read a comic book buddy. We talk about them enough here.

Actually, you're full of shit. She's still severely damaged. She's still not really a good person, though she tries, some of the time.

Being trapped *forever* in an abusive relationship, however, would ruin the character. She needed to escape and, mostly, has. It's called character development, retard.

If shes a hero then so is Aileen Wuornos and all those chicks who wanna jump Manson's bones.

and this is why I stick to cartoons and avoid comic books like the plague.

And it's not like she can't relapse.

>All those adventures, all those giggles, just trying to run from the pain of not being with her Puddin'... and him never coming for her. But it's all better now, and this time they'll be happy!

Honestly, we got a lot of those stories, though. I like that, even pre-crisis, she grew. Characters being allowed to grow and having long indepth histories is one of the reasons DC will always be my favorite.

There's more than one way to develop a character. And not all change is positive, especially when it winds up dumbing down said character into little more than a shallow female version of another.

Harley was created to play off of the Joker, and it was very effective. Her role made both of them more dynamic and interesting. Removing that dynamic and turning her into girl Joker complete with bleached skin and quirky anti-hero adventures removes her from her element and doesn't add anything new or unique in exchange. All the books I've read of Harley, especially in regards to recent releases, boil her down to a redeemable female version of Joker using another character as her straight man. Wow, how fucking new and different! Except it's not. It's derivative and dull. But hey, it's making money so fuck it. That's what this boils down to.

But of course you're too much of a know-nothing contrarian mouth breather to understand the concept of watering down a character for the sake of marketing. Don't know why I'm wasting my time on a lost cause.

God forbid we have a character who becomes a cautionary example and a tragedy.

She's lately been getting steadily moved away from exactly the type of relationship you describe, and further away from the Joker period. That's the whole fucking problem. God damn.

To be fair, she was also created to give the Joker a clear 'totally not romantically gay for Batsie' label. It's one thing for them to be creepily co-dependant on eachothers existance, but the homo vibes might have cost them sales.

Haven't you noticed the homo vibes have gone through the roof ever since Harley became a strong independant lesb- er bisexual? Dat bench scene while they both had amnesia bro.

Am I wrong to kinda like that look for Harley?

>To be fair, she was also created to give the Joker a clear 'totally not romantically gay for Batsie' label
no she was not

No. I prefer classic for the simple color scheme but that costume isn't terrible. It could have been a lot worse.

Popularity and money are the only things that matter.

spoiler that shit you fucking heathen

money
Also love can't be a negative emotion anymore.

If anything Harley's presence just highlighted how creepily obsessed Joker is with Batman.
In Mad Love she practically begged Joker to fuck her but he was too busy THINKGEN OF BATMAN

Not all of them are being worn by girls unfortunately

Harley was a textbook example of having an extreme Dependent Personality Disorder.

People like that don't escape, and are in-fact, trapped forever. There are being who have to be treated because they had extremely dependent personalities and were trapped in relationships where, even after their spouse was arrested or died, they could not get over or live without them.

They can't do anything by themselves, and they risk everything they have to try and make whomever they are attached to happy without any regard for themselves and do anything they ask. If something goes wrong, they automatically assume it's their own fault and it is proof of their faults.

It is a very serious disorder and Harley Quinn was actually being used in Mental Help Facilities to assist those with the problem to see the problem served as a warning. A lot of them feel helpless when alone and turn to trying to commit suicide because the other person was their entire world and are usually some of the kindest people who then do bad things for their partner and that makes things even worse.

>Since when was Harley Quinn considered a hero?
I don't know nor care, as long as she's a slut i'm happy

It would help if they had a good arc concerning her trying to pull away and paced it over a series, but they want it now.

You and I know both know they would have just given it to some fucking hack even they even cared enough to try. The brand of Harley isn't a comic one, it's all about outside merchandise, the DCU, and spin off media.

this

Since the Joker is calling the shots at Warner Brothers

why can't people just think "oh it's earth XX where everyone's almost a hero"?

You talking about Gotham Sirens?
That shit was really fapworthy

anti-hero at least

since marketing says so

Oh boo fucking hoo.

She's in an obnoxious piece of shit who needs to die.

Just like this dumb cunt and the dumb jackass she's based off of

This

>keeps a bit of the harlequin theme
>doesn't look like a biker skank
>has Suicide Squad hair, but keeps it nice and tidy
>domino mask

It really could be a lot worse. My main complaint is that her sleeves aren't alternate colors.

>punchable_face.jpg

Good point. Her left sleeve should have been red. Overall it's a decent look. It fits her. If that were an alternate costume in TAS I wouldn't even have been mad.

>love can't be a negative emotion anymore.
Women in dysfunctional co-dependent relationships don't send the right message. A woman casting that off and being strong, funny, free spirited and independent does though. Toss in some bisexual tension and collect bank.