Favorite obscure characters from the big two

I think Daimon Hellstrom is pretty obscure, so lets define "obscure" as having fewer than 271 appearances
and, uhh, they can't have premiered in the last 3 years

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/William_Waring_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Wild Dog obscure enough for you?

>Wild Dog
>Main on the CW
>Obscure anymore

Shit man I didn’t even know. Is it any good?

I'm still mad they cancelled the Wild Dog collection last year. at least hes pretty good in Cave Carson.

On Topic: like 95% of the X-Men students

I'm not sure if he meets the requirements, but I think moonman is semi-obscure.

It's Arrow
S1&2- good
S3&4-bad
S5-good
Season 5 is where he debuts
Also he's not Wheeler.

I know he's not obscure past normie level, but I can't believe he hasn't gotten more than a mention in anything canon since Flashpoint until now.

SLYDE, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Aw shit. Really don’t have the spirit the start watching Arrow again.
>Also he's not Wheeler.
Who is he then? Some OC?

He also had a really good comic in the Golden Age, too. DC owns a lot of characters from other companies they never use.

Daimon's cool when he's not getting boned over by getting turned into a villain or a douchey ex-husband to Hellcat.
A lot of those 70s horror heroes are good fun.

I'm going with Hourman, he doesn't get used much outside of JSA stuff anymore, but the mythology that gets setup around the character is great, my favorite bit was when the second Hourman had an hour he could travel to be with his dad right before his dad dies in Zero Hour.

But what I really find endearing is the plotline when Rex doesn't know how to save his son, so he shirks his responsibilities and goes on a crime fighting bender. The way he fights feels so unique and brawlery, I love it.

Yes

Not the guy you asked, but he's my favourite character the show's ever had.

Who else but best boy Gravity?

Plas wasn't a DC character?
learn something new everyday

Kinda doesn't quite count, but can you think of a more relevant pic?

Irish Blink

isnt he getting a "not the fantastic 4" comic soon?
its too early to really tell if it'll be any good or not, but im slightly excited for it

Muh demon waifu.

Practically the entire Excalibur team. Shame they never took off.

I think he's pretty popular now due to the phone game

She has less than 200 appearances, much like Nico Minoru (119 currently), who is my pick for this.

Remember when Wolverine had super-smell memory? Bendis neither

Nico's still used in books.
She was in Civil War 2 issue 1 and was one of the magic users who helped move the X-mansion to Limbo when the Inhuman death cloud was floating around.
That wish-wand is just too broken to let her fade away.

Logan had just been partially depowered by a designer desease by the time of that story.
( remember how he died and everything? )
They even had him get wounded in that story and he had no healing factor to let him walk it off.

Who is his qt?

when did Nico become a cougar? She looks banging but that doesn't scream teenager even with the nose ring

I miss him so much man

Armor is cool. I wish they used her more. She even got in the anime, which was honestly pretty okay all told

ah, the 90s

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/William_Waring_(Earth-616)

He was created by Jack Cole and published by Quality Comics back in the 40s and 50s. In 1956 DC bought a bunch of their properties, including Plastic Man, Blackhawk, G.I. Combat, the Freedom Fighters, and the Ray.

iso

He has much more than 271 appearances and yet
imo feels more obscure than Hellstorm

>Nico's still used in books.
>She was in Civil War 2 issue 1 and was one of the magic users who helped move the X-mansion to Limbo when the Inhuman death cloud was floating around.
>That wish-wand is just too broken to let her fade away.

I payed attention to the requirements of the thread, user.

>so lets define "obscure" as having fewer than 271 appearances
>and, uhh, they can't have premiered in the last 3 years

Boom.

I mean, compare her to Jessica Jones who is only a year or two older in terms of creation, and she has . . . 271.

On the dot.

Kris Anka did a new design for her for the new series. This is her a few years older now. Somewhere like 18 to 21.

Queen Veranke is fairly obscure. I love evil queens

I like this pic better

I want his sister to Dom me.

One of the very few Kris Anka redesigns that is good. Still think he should be fired

HOSS
O
S
S

I love both of these characters. I want to see a comic of just the two of them road-tripping.

I would read that hard

I'm not surprised that he never appears anywhere but I think they could do some interesting stuff with him if they tried.

For a second I confused him with Dogwelder and boy did I got excited he was on CW

This guy right here.

I think his mini was the first Marvel book I read. Pretty comfy.

Too new to be considered obscure.

Do something with them already, Marvel, you have the damn rights.

I love him so much

Marvel: Motormouth.
DC: Tallulah Black.

His appearance in Nova was great.

He's in deadpool's mercs for money

The Grapplers

New Screaming Mimi when?
And please don't let Songbird fuck it up for us again this time

To be fair, forgetting super powers for the sake of plot happens all the time.

It really sucks when it happens to a base/starting power a character had.

I have to agree. Damn I miss that book. Did not age well, but the nostalgia is still there. Also, Alan Davis is an OG. Actually came to post Kylun.

Absolutely hate this redesign.
Chase's and Karolina's as well.

Magik/Nico/Strange/Doom/Clea/Wanda Orgy when?!

>magik
>obscure
She was prominent as hell between AvX and now. Plus she is getting a movie

Depends on how you define obscure. The GA audience doesn't know shit about her. She's a C-Lister. Sure, she's no Forbush-Man or Machine-Man, but she's no Kitty Pryde.

I don't really think she's obscure since Legacy but fits your criteria.

Too bad Anka doesn't draw Nico as cute as Jen does.

Everyone knows Anka's women are all trannies.

What issue was that?

I really like Doctor Rot as a villain.
>complete sociopath
>can be both scary and funny due to his friendly and chipper personality contrasting with the fact that he chops away people's brains and uses them to create mind control machines
>despite being more of a psychological threat to Wolverine than a physical one still can put up quite a fight
>too over-the-top to be too edgy
>his dialogue sounds like something of a cheesy horror movie with Vincent Price
It really sucks that his last mini was written by fucking Tieri.

I hate that they brought Letha and Titania back "just because"

Quasar

Star brand

Clea is pure.

Why would you hate that?

I'm glad they're back.

Or do you just hate that they haven't done much since coming back?

I don't think he is particularly well known and his movie was absolutely terrible so I'm going with the Shadow.

>mini
It was supposed to be an ongoing, that's how poorly it sold

For sure. Black Knight's great but not well known to non old-school Avengers fans.

She cucked Strange with ben Franklin, and then left him to return to the Dark Dimension. How much you wanna bet she was looking for "Dark Dicks? Clea ain't pure.

>tfw Xavin is forever erased

This was a pretty good arc back in the 70s desu

Dala needs to make a come back.

He was a skrull, chances are if anybody remembered him he would be killed

>Nice guy
>Avengers
>Cool powerset
>Nice Guy
>SHIELD training
>Nice Guy

Wendell is pretty cool.

Definitely one of my favorite characters, but I still have a few issues from his 90s run so I was already a long time fan.

I'm gonna go with Death's Head II. Prominent for a few years during the MarvelUK boom but has since maybe seen once or twice? Love the character, have most of his appearances along with most of the older Death's Head issues. Went with II because the original has made a few appearances recently. Hope he gets more issues again soon.