Since this is technically Sup Forums related as it's based off a comic

...how about we have a thread about it. What did you think? Will it beat The Emoji Movie this weekend?

I think Sup Forums darling Nolan is gonna win the weekend again. And I also think Atomic Blonde would overall do better at the Box Office than The Emoji Movie.

I just got out of the theater 20 minutes ago.

I enjoyed it but I can understand why people felt that the first half was a bit slow. The stairway scene was fucking bonkers. I really liked how you could tell that the fight was taking a toll on everyone involved and Lorraine got her shit rocked at certain points of the fight.

>Mfw the Russian just threw a fucking trash can at her.

Also Delphine is best girl.

It was okay. It felt really over indulgent, and I get annoyed when spy stories go overboard with the "Everyone is a traitor!" angle to such an extent.

At least the action was good.

Also
>"I'm better at this game than you"
>Immediately murdered in the next scene

Antony Johnston has never written an interesting comic book and has gotten everywhere he has through nepotism/cronyism. Eerything good about Atomic Blonde doesn't come from the comic, which is dull as fucking tap water.

>another female-led spy movie
Let me guess, the villains are boring and forgettable as childhood for an old man with Alzheimer's

I would love the movie if it ended before the final twist.

They should have never time skipped to russia either, it was already obvious she was satchel

>...how about we have a thread about it
How about no

To be fair that's most spy movies, not just female led ones.

it has very little in common with the comic, and really just wanted to be John Wick as a lesbian

>Antony Johnston has never written an interesting comic book

its so sad how true that is.
closest thing was the Deadly Hands Shadowland mini, but that was mostly for Fiumara on art...

Fair point.

It's based on the comic 'The Coldest City' for anyone interested since OP was too lazy to post the name himself.

Is she just a normal spy or does she have any special powers? Guess a normal human being couldn't beat somebody up with a shoe, even if it is a high heel.

Yeah. I read Coldest City years ago and it was boring shit. Was surprised when I saw Atomic Blonde touted as an adaptation when it's barely even similar.

You could say the same thing about James Bond movies.

It makes no difference, Coldest City is rubbish

I say this shit and i felt my money was stolen. It's boring AS FUCK. I will tell you everything that happens
>Nothing happens
>Blonde inhales smoke, says some words, blows smoke
She delivered almost every line like that
>anything happens, all she says is "fuck..."
>"Now that's what i call the 80's" tier sound track
>worst twist ever X2
She is working for the Russians!
NOT! She was actually American!
The action scenes were suppose to be good, but they are pretty fucking boring too. It's clear who had the real talent in John Wick. Comparing this trash to John Wick deserves their money stolen.

Forgot to mention, if you are going in for the lesbian sex scene, it's like 30 seconds long and it's just kissing. It's rated R because you can see a nip here and there, but they are mostly blurred or in 2-3 frames.

What?
The villains in every Bond movie I've seen are usually smart, dangerous and fucking insanely cool.

Alec Trevelyan?Raul Silva?Scaramanga?

Bond Villains are generally cool as fuck.

Female led movies rarely have cool villains. I remember seeing the last ScarJo movies- they rarely have a cool villain.

This movie is nothing but another boring ass, bland action filled cliche

It's kinda too late for that now, huh?

Fuck off, that's not how it works. You can talk about the comic all you want here, but the movie goes on Sup Forums.

The Pacific Rim spam cemented this.