X-Thread: We GoT Now Edition

Unevolved Haters & Shithumansfags keep moving. This is a Homo Superior Thread.

Post hopes for the future, fan-teams, commentary, ad as always when the X is concerned... lewds...

>ad as always

who's going to be on the Uncanny X-Men relaunch? members and creative team
has Banshee been seen since getting the Apocalypse power up?
why isn't Strain using Husk in Generation X?
how is Bobby's book?
Cable's new team looks dope
Gold is stupid, Blue is alright but I still hate the 05, Astonishing had an alright start
Beast being fun in it and Uncanny Avengers with Simon soon makes me happy

>who's going to be on the Uncanny X-Men relaunch? members and creative team

Dunno, but I'm hoping they pick up Remender's idea of colonizing Mars.

>has Banshee been seen since getting the Apocalypse power up?
Not to my knowledge.

>why isn't Strain using Husk in Generation X?
Because that book is DOA. And Marvel can't do continuity.

>how is Bobby's book?
5/10

>Cable's new team looks dope
It's eh.

>Gold is stupid, Blue is alright but I still hate the 05, Astonishing had an alright start
Agreed.

>Beast being fun in it and Uncanny Avengers with Simon soon makes me happy
Same.

Doop and Longshot are two of my favorite characters besides Chamber and Brisson's Iron Fist is really a badass series

Dunno what IF has to do with the X-Men,but it did turn out to be much better than expected.

Brisson is going to write Cable

Ah, okay. Fingers crossed it turns out good.

I have never read a comic with Adam X. Isnt his superpower too gruesome for comics? cutting people and making their blood burn? Did he do that to some villains, grunts?

I dont care about Gold
I like Blue even though I dont like the O5, but I am only buying the issues Emma appears in.
I did like the first issue of Astonishing a lot, and I also like Weapon X.

My only problem with Generation X is having as students characters wo have graduated, like Quentin.

I want to lewd Pixie.

Bump

When will she come back?

Bobby's book is shit. He's a whiny self absorbed prick. His parents house gets attacked, people hold guns to his dads's head. And he just lets them go. He gives the leader a little X-shaped scar.
What a fag.
Oh, and he just lets his parents stay in the same house and leaves. Not like more people are gonna come there and finish the job.

Are any of the current x-books any good right now. I gave Blue and Gold chances, but they're just so fucking dumb.

I like X-Force. At least it's not a bunch of regurgitated shit.
Surprisingly, Jean Grey is enjoyable.
Blue is alright.
Gold, X Generations and Ice Man are complete trash.

I thought Blue and Jean Grey both had terrible first issues. Blue read like a tired what if. It was a substanceless punch up with the O5, but this time Magneto's in charge! I just feel like it's territory we've covered before. The only dimly interesting idea is that Beast is using dark sorcery because why not.

Jean Grey issue one read like a case study in why people hate muties. She teleports to Japan for lunch, endangers civies through unnecessary vigilantism, and brain rapes some poor chick because it's somehow more expedient than just taking her outside.

As opposed to your typical people hate mutants and attack the mansion with guns, so our heroes fight them off but not before some random kids get murdered.
Oh, and let's stretch the fight for a few issues, let's have Kitty lost the guy in the mansion a couple times and even though she saw him MURDER CHILDREN, she just tries to punch him instead of shoving a hand in his brain.
God, Gold sucks.

Was there an attack on the school? I honestly put the book down when the lawyer showed up.

>I work for the mayor! Even though we've approved this intensely stupid, hostile relocation, we're going to charge you a billionty dollars to chase you off the property that we could have just refused to give you!
>I'm angry old wolverine man and I will kill you to death for coming her legally and peacefully! There will be no repercussions to me threatening you with deadly force!

Oh, right, that. Well, a few issues later Purifiers show up and attack the mansion. And then another guy shows up and attacks the mansion.
And the reasoning of that guy? X-Men dropped their fucking mansion on his family. Seriously. When they relocated they were so reckless that they fucking murdered a family. And nobody gives a shit.

This is Sunspot, are (((they))) whitewashing sunspot?

terrible pick for Sunspot. It's like they are idiots. His powers pretty much appear after a receiving racist comment in a soccer match.

>I'll get you, my mutie, and your little dog too!

Yeah, I gotta agree. I mean, the man is Brazilian, but he's white as hell.

Do you think New Tian will survive the Secret Empire event?

I imagine there could be an "it never existed in first place" if reality is changed with the cosmic cube. But since it seems like Captain America will travel the roads apologizing and reconnecting with people, then people will remember what happened.
Also, retconning everything through cosmic cube, would make the Polaris and Danger reveal pointless. The O5 would still think their plane is just a plane.

I guess once Hydra falls, New Tian collapses because of people leaving it willingly.

>Blue read like a tired what if. It was a substanceless punch up with the O5, but this time Magneto's in charge!
Blue is actually doing a lot of things with a lot of non-O5 characters right now. I'd say, if you're interested in X-Men, it's worth keeping an eye on that book.

I want to read this but can't find a download link.

Is Marvel unlimited worth it if you want to support comics but dont buy comics? (I live in a non English speaking country) I am not interested in buying translated comics months after ive read them.

>>Dozens upon dozens of great teen X-Characters
>>Marvel instead uses the O5 and Quentin Quire
>>The Women of Marvel Panel of SDCC had them gushing about Quentin Quire

I fucking hate Wolverine and the X-Men.

Same boat, so my best advice to you is just to pirate. Our contributions are nothing compared to the US market. I have a small, monthly pull-list (around 40 euros) and buy a coupleof trades. The rest I just pirate. If Marvel insists that 7k Moon Girl is enough for it to exist, but 40k for the F4 isn't, I'm not going to give them my money.

Somehow I miss him.

Uncanny Avengers has a really good Rogue

Just because everyone south of the US border is latino doesn't mean they're all brown. They can range from pale white to black.

>A mutant nation
>surviving in a 21st century Marvel
Nobody wants to write about Israel because they wouldn't be allowed to write about what actually happens in Israel.

What do you think the Inhumans are?

so? all he has to do is speak in hue and people will throw a racist tantrum.

Muslims

There's a 00's New Mutants collection coming out early next year, which either means something.....or absolutely nothing.

Anyone here actually reading any X-Book? What happened to X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold? I expected them to be better.

I was reading Deadpool. But then they started doing oversized specials constantly, which alongside the double-shipping made me spend 20 euros on him alone, so I dropped it.

>clearly has obvious latin facial features
>waaah waaah abloobloo w-why isn't he a darkie

you fags are literally as bad as tumblr

They got it right with Blue Hunt.

Oh fuck off user, Roberto is brown as hell in the books. I bitch and moan for Valkyrie, but I can't pretend that this casting is ok and expect my views to be consistent. I don't like this for the same reason I don't like Mordo, Heimdall, Valkyrie, etc, etc.

He isn't that brown anymore.

this is his origin story
Sunspot is a mulatto like Obama, black father white mother.
The actor may be white with some native, but there is nothing black about him.

OFFICIAL CLASSIC NEW MUTANTS TEAM MEMBERS POWER RANKINGS

1. Magik
2. Mirage

POWER GAP

3. Cannonball
4. Wolfsbane

POWER GAP

5. Sunspot
6. Warlock
7. Cypher
8. Karma

9001. Magma

In a fight between New Mutants and classic Gen X members, who would win?

GenX is more fun
Magik vs M
Sunspot vs Chamber
wouuld be badass

How do we make Karma good?
She is the X Man who needs the most a power buff

She is like the shittiest "telepath" ever.
She basically puts a person to sleep, and replaces their conscience with hers, controlling them like puppets, but can only do that with 1 or 2 persons simultaneously. When the possession ends, the possessed dont remember what happened to them.
And if she makes a possessed person talk, that person talks with her vietnamese accent.

Psylocke or Emma or Xavier or any other telepath can read minds, have the astral projection thing, can control a crowd of people and many other things.

I remember Xavier in the 80s not being able to take control of Magik (he couldnt read her mind), and asking Karma to possess Magik to force her to leave her room. Because of that I got the idea that she was never meant to be a real telepath, just someone who remote controlled the movements of people. But I think the other writers who briefly used her since the 80s have forgotten that.

kill her dead

I would make her suffer more, like maker her half Cyborg and unable to have sex, but now she can possess machines too and isnt so useless.

M was a member of the new mutants?

In a straight battle to the death, no holds barred? I think the NM team takes it. Warlock would be able to wipe them by himself by hiding and absorbing their lifeglow. Magik could also take them to Limbo where she's basically a god
s using French words rather than Vietnamese words.

she'd be the GenX vs Magik (New Mutant)
only one who could stand up to her I think really

What's up with M these days? Last thing I knew was that she was a member of the Hellfire Club?

she just spazzed out super hard on the new Gen X kids

Karma is unfortunate in that she has two problems with her power. First she has Angel syndrome, where too many other characters have her power as a minor part of her set. Second, she has all or nothing syndrome. She is either completely OP (solves everything by possessing the bad guy right away) or completely useless (can't possess the bad guy and is just a normal person).

How to fix her and make her more usable? One thing that would be useful is a way to protect her body while she's away. Maybe give her the ability to "psionically dissolve" her body while she's in someone but at the risk of being permanently killed if the person she's possessing is killed. Another thing that would be useful is for her to be able to split her consciousness into pieces, giving her proportionately less control over her targets but also making her presence harder to detect/resist. I think Malice would be a good bad guy for her to fight. Maybe they absorb each other and that's how Karma gets her new powers.

>that person talks with her vietnamese accent

Isn't her accent more French than anything? Claremont always wrote her using French words.

I hate Monet so badly.

Anybody here read Necrosha? How it was?

You may be right on the accent part
I get you, but then, one of those problems is a problem all telepaths have, and the XMen have many of them.
Recently the O5 were attacked by Firestar, Wolfsbane, Toad, Mondo and Havok and Jean Grey didnt put them all to sleep.

I think something like the new character Mosaic or Malice would have been better for her. She should have been all about body possession and not just the shittiest telepath around.
Her great weakness should be that if she possesses 2 people, her body is left inert, standing there but like in a coma, leaving her very vulnerable. And if someone destroys it her conscience would be stuck in the body of one of the persons she possessed.

ok but not great. The nicest thing is seeing all the obscure dead characters alive.

That's more to do with your expectations than anything. I don't know why you expected anything of this relaunch. Actually, this relaunch has been entirely within my expectations, just based off of the creative teams.

I expected Gold to be trash.
I expect Astonishing to be trash or maybe it'll manage to stay boringly mediocre.
I expected the art of Weapon X to be trash.
I expected Jean to be abyssmal.
I expected Iceman to be abyssmal.
I expected to not care at all about Generation X.
I expected Wolverine to stay mediocre.
I expected Blue to be mediocre about characters I don't care about.

Honestly, I never touched most of these books and from what I head, I didn't miss much. Only Jean seems to be better than I expected, but I'm not touching a Hopeless book anymore on principle alone.
The only ones I'm following right now are Wolverine and Blue of which Blue actually did pleasantly surprise me.

TL;DR: You fell for marketing.

It's kinda sad that New X-men got such shitty artists, I remember an early one being decent, but then they just got some awful ones anfd never got good again.

It was an event and it was readable. So it's in the top 33% of all Marvel events, I guess.

>anfd never got good again
They had Skottie Young right towards the end which was amazing.

>All this X-related characters
want a fighting game with all the X-Men and related characters so badly.

>How do we make Karma good?
Even Claremont didn't know; even though she was a founding member of the New Mutants, he wrote her out of the book in issue 6. She came back eventually, didn't do anything interesting, and then he wrote her out again in #54, just before leaving the book (and saving Weezie the trouble).

Karma has been most effective as a reluctant villain / damsel in distress, as when working for her Uncle or under Farouk's posession, or as an older, emotionally mature non-combatant as when she assisted Xavier with running the school, or turned up with pink hair, body piercings and a lesbian harem at Burning Man during roadtrip arc in X-Force.

Not all mutants are cut out for combat.

In a fight between Bill Sienkiewicz and Chris Bachalo at the height of their powers, who could outdraw who?

How can the X-Men be interesting again without Scott?

She's perfectly suited for combat, she's just not suited for direct combat. She should be the person infiltrating and fucking shit up in the background while everyone's having a punch up.

She is perfectly suited for infiltration.

x-bump

What's the overall opnion of what Kyle/Yost did to the new X-men with their run? Essentially killing/depowering half the cast and placing their OC almost right in the middle.

IMO, I kinda liked it. While the established character were good, the previous run really couldn't kick up a decent plot going, other than teen drama, going to the prom and fucking blob invading.

Give her an Astral projection/psychic entity aspect to her power
Like Psylocke's butterfly. That way you can get a visual representation of her power physically trying to enter a person's mind

Like a dragon or something. Have a giant pink dragon force it's way into her victim's head, and when she's done with one person you can see the dragon jump into the next. And when she possesses a crowd the dragon has to split into multiple smaller dragons, so you can actually see why it's less effective.

And then have her actually beat top tier telepaths in battle.

Gen X vol 2 is that bad? Poor Jubilee

Does Gen X get Blink, Gaia, or Mondo?

Because otherwise they're pretty outnumbered

Fucking Chuck was such a cock sucker

I liked to see all these characters who had been dead to have a brief appearance.

>New Mutants
Cause of their film coming out. But fuck them, what about the New X-Men?

> have her actually beat top tier telepaths in battle
I can't see any of Emma, Betsy, Rachel or Jean jobbing for Karma. Who does that leave? The Cuckoos? Quire? Maybe Sinister or Exodus if we're feeling generous?

Can we just go back to this era of X-Men. I liked Scott as a dictator off the coast of San Francisco.

Plus the various mutant scientists committing crimes against god in his basement was fun.

its like they wanted the book to fail
>first time writer
>weird fishlens angles in the art
>terrible faces
>Bendis and Aaron's stupid kids, plus Blink!
>Quentin is the main character
>Jubilee making RuPaul jokes
>Husk not showing up
>Chamber being basically a background character with a dozen sentences in 4 books

What the hell is going on in that beach panel? Is that supposed to be a fighting stance?

Memetic warfare training. They're creating a new mutant form of dabbing to infect human pop culture

Well they probably anticipated that to be the least selling of the Resurexion books so put minimal budget and effort into it.

Who?

There will never be a premium cable xmen series

Wallflower

Shy girl whose emotions controlled what pheromones were released around her. When she was angry, everyone else was scared. Sniper blows her head off.

I think they correctly identified the Hellions as being the generally more interesting group and were the only writers to actually follow through on the promised impact of M-day. The biggest problem is how abruptly the New X-men stopped getting focused on. When their run ended the team was split up and reduced to background characters and the character growth stalled while they were in the midst of suffering.

Is there any pic with all the mutants together?

But Quentin Quire is great. He's a stereotypical SJW created a decade before SJWs were a thing.

I can't stand his fucking tumblr haircut.

>But Quentin Quire is great.
Sure, Jason Aaron.

But it was Morrison the guy who created him.

>Quentin Quire is great.

He somehow had a tumblr haircut 5 years before tumblr was created.

But it was Aaron who tried to push him as the next big thing.

Current X-Men sucks. What happened?

I wish he telepathed the wrong person, and his head exploded. I fucking can't stand the little shit.

He's an SJW you're not supposed to like him

Oh yeah, I remember him with a ''Magneto was right'' t-shirt.

Quentin is alright, I mean you're supposed to hate him. His whole personality is being obnoxious as possible and pissing off the rest of the team. And he succeeds in that.