Hey Arnold The Jungle Movie General

youtube.com/watch?v=su8IHV0AH2o

What the fuck did they do to Mr Simmons\?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BW8ELNlhSsh/?taken-by=craigbartlett
twitter.com/MithicalEnt/status/888476862325833728
fuse.tv/2016/10/hey-arnold-creator-craig-bartlett-interview-20th-anniversary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>holding a book called "Agenda"
Hmmm. His last is (((Simmons))), so it makes sense.

They really fucked up his desgn

The poster looks nice

Why the fuck does she have a cell phone

Stinky looks much worse.

>automatically accepted when they mentioned the parents, even though they missed the deadline

Something is up.

>Pigeon Man is alive
Well there goes those fan theories

Same reason Beavis and Butt-Head were watching Twilight and Jersey Shore.

I almost cried at the montage, I remember all of those episodes.

What did they do to him?

You'd think with it being a movie and all, they wouldn't have cheaped out out on the art style/animation. This somehow looks less detailed than the original series.

They shortened his hairdo

Did they mess up with the clip?

You're kidding right

>Helga in a shirt

The fuck?

Simmons looks a lot better in this other shot

Also, Craig said in an interview that Arnold and Helga will have a "confrontation" on a crow's nest. This might be the confession or the argument that leads to the cracked locket.

>Arnold and Helga will have a "confrontation" on a crow's nest

Sounds a bit like being on top of a tall building as in the Hey Arnold Movie where she confessed. I would go with something related to their relationship.

>cracked locket.

W-what?

>Hey Arnold™, you're a bold kid

instagram.com/p/BW8ELNlhSsh/?taken-by=craigbartlett

They gave these pins out at SDCC

Big Bob is gonna hang himself isn't he?

Holy shit. So the locket is going to be a major part of the film? Amazing.

Same. And I don't get the complaints about the animation, this looks awesome.

To be fair, even though his store is called "Big Bob's Beepers", in one episode (the one he has a heart attack) you can tell he does sell cellphones

Yeah they sell cell phones in the Beeper Queen episode.

Doesn't the series take place in the mid 90's?

And I'm pretty sure there was a plot about cell phones taking over the market at some point, right?

That's an odd complaint.

the gay agenda

i thought it was beepers

Did Becky sneak into Nick Studios

Yeah, first gen cell phones with a calculator interface. Rhonda looked like she was using a modern day smartphone in the movie preview.

Place your bets gentlemen, Arnold's parents dead or alive?

Of course they are alive, though there will definitely be a "Arnold thinks they are dead" scene.

I heard from the creator that he moved on to phones after beepers went out of style.

I don't know about this movie. I can't shake the feeling of a wave of inevitable disappointment.

>Arnold searches for parents
>Arnold can't find them
>Thinks they're dead
>They're not dead

I'll be shocked if they actually go through with them being dead.

Honestly, the series recap clip was more memorable than anything that happened in the first movie.

Oh boy another reboot coming years after anyone really cared about the source material trying to make a cheap buck off of nostalgia instead of actually creating something new. Can't wait.

This.

I've seen this in movies like Findng Dory

>Not recognizing a Palm Pilot
Underageb& confirmed.

>another reboot
Except it's not.

It's more about the BTS fact that he's gay.

Rich people gag.

I don't think it will be worse than Samurai Jack starring Ashi.

Considering "Hey Arnold!" has always been starring Helga, it won't be a big change.

I'm surprised it actually looks decent

At least he was always gay even in the 90's

90's cells did not look like that at all.

Nigga this has been in development since the original series was finishing up. It was going to be a thing but the theatrical movies sales fucked up production.

By BTS I meant "behind the scenes", it's not like Craid would let it be announced on the show itself.

its different, but i dont think its bad. as long as the VA dont change, im fine with it.

looks sweet. hope it turns out alright.

You never know. It's 2017, and Gay People being in Children's Shows aren't a big deal anymore.

Just look at The Loud House

>every girl character now has budding breasts that they sheepishly have to buy bras for
god bless this nostalgia consuming generation.

Have you ever gone to school?

>another reboot

Actually it's a movie that people have been waiting to for 15 years that was always intended to be made and was meant to cap the series off.

He had a bit of a bromance with Principal Simmons.

Not in America.

Principal Wartz?

They'll be alive, but they won't want to come back.

Shit, yeah got my Sup Forums school faculty mixed up.

This is a pretty annoying oversight from the creators, especially since they confirmed it's only only 1-2 years after The Journal.

>the montage of all the people Arnold helped over the series

I don't like saying this, but it gave me some big feels.

>Arnold finds his parents
>discovers they had another baby over the years.
>they been living happily with a native village deep in the jungle.

How soul crushed would Arnold be?

I'll let you have that one.

>not barefoot

Really rustles my jimmies.

>How soul crushed would Arnold be?

Greatly, but then he would realise that he had Helga!

How is that soul crushing?
your parents that were supposed to had an horrible death are safe, can't you be happy for them?

Reminder that Phoebe gets teen pregnant.

What if Arnold stays with his parents, falls for a jungle girl and rejects Helga?

Still alive. The could-have-been Patakis show confirms that Arnold moves away from his hometown, heavily implying he stays with his parents, because that's the only outcome I can think of that would be agreeable to Arnold's grandparents for why he left.

The fact they never attempted to make it back to the U.S. and reunite with their son?

Remember they left when Arnold was still a toddler.

Are they finally gonna address the whole Bunny Suit fiasco?

Probably ignore it.

>What if Arnold stays with his parents, falls for a jungle girl and rejects Helga?

It would break my heart.

Details? I heard about that but not the whole story.

It is a possibility, nevertheless.

>Craig: "theme of #heyarnold is unrequited love because it's funny." #heyarnoldmovie #sdcc #sdcc2017 @Nickelodeon @Comic_Con
twitter.com/MithicalEnt/status/888476862325833728

>That kid on the right wearing his pants up to his tits.

From the episode "Arnold Betrays Iggy".

Arnold accidentally "reveals" Iggy's secret pajamas (Sid and Stinky manage to guess) and the kids make fun of Iggy for a few days. Arnold tries to apologize to Iggy, becomes his slave, but even after a few seasons Ig does not forgive him. Finally, he agrees to forgive Arnold if the hero walks in the bunny pajamas across the street for everybody to see on national TV. That event, in turn, traumatizes Arnold and he tells Iggy to piss off at the end of the episode.

>unrequited love because it's funny.
What!? That shit isn't funny. I know first hand.

I think what a lot of people don't know (or don't remember) is that cell phones were considered a luxury item back then. Beepers were the big seller since they were more affordable and accessible but it was never a case of cell phones suddenly arriving and all the pager stores suddenly going out of business. The phones were already there and the stores just adjusted to selling more of them and less beepers.

he will always be in our hearts

What about making Helga and Arnold hook up is a good idea? Besides being wish fulfillment for 20-something year old children. Part of growing up is moving on from things like that.

>Mr. Hyunh and his daughter Mai
That should have been mentioned in the montage

Though I guess it was less of something Arnold did and something he inspired Helga to do

So does Craig, but he thinks it's easier to make fun of his life experiences than dwell on them.

>I used to always say the girl characters, or mostly Helga, was kind of an amalgam of all the girls I had crushes on or had crushes on me. That was definitely my experience when I was a kid. Unrequited love was the theme of my childhood [laughs].
fuse.tv/2016/10/hey-arnold-creator-craig-bartlett-interview-20th-anniversary

I'm almost ready to see my (and Helga's) heart crush.

Fukken saved.

>That webm

kek, fuckin saved.

Is Stinky about to jump? Why is his backpack torn open and smattered with blood?

Not whatsover. If anything, it means that they never really cared about him. And therefore, he has a right to hate them, even seek vengeance if he wants.

Or... find peace and happiness and let it all go.

Seriously. What did he mean by this?

fuck you

Save!

>willikers, sometimes you just reach a point in your life when you understand that nothing matters and it never will

Arnold is not a supervillain.

>the only true Mr Nutty Bar™ that I can love now is the sweet embrace of death

I never really liked Arnold having these incredible, saintly adventurer parents who fucked off to the jungle for his entire life.

His grandparents are his real parents. This was the moral of the parents' day episode. Having him meet them after all detracts from that.

And it always struck me as more reasonable that the diary was something Phil made up to make Arnold feel better, because it was all just too perfect. I think they should have really died, and Phil just couldn't tell him.

Less seriously, I'd believe that giving birth to a baby with Arnold's head shape killed his mother.

You're an idiot Dr Steve Brule.

>The voice actor for Arnold is hot now.

How