"No events for 18 months"

"No events for 18 months"

"Every single series is an event"

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/30/marvel-comics-someone-from-the-top-up-for-the-chop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>If every series is an event

Yes, Moon Girl meeting the Thing and Human Torch is quite the Event. So is Jean Grey meeting Emma Frost.

Marvel is going to be something to watch this upcoming year. Not because they'll come out with something good, but to see how hard they struggle to fix themselves. I very much doubt the "No events for 18 months" thing, and I doubt that a lot of these books will last much longer. Like, what the flying fuck are they going to do? Relaunch America Chavez with the same creative team?

is marvel turning itself into Earth 48

Well, they relaunched Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl with the same team

They tell her how superior she is to Reed, don't they?

I'm sure they will. God, I fucking hate Moon Girl.

Marvel writers are all about telling and not showing these days. Gotta shit on old established characters to shill the new replacement crop.

>taking things literally
>not recognizing stand Marvel Hyperbole

Actually, just pointing out that Alonso and Brevoort have been going to the hyperbole well so often that no one believes them anymore... it's part of the reason why sales have been going down, I believe.

>but to see how hard they struggle to fix themselves.
That's just it though. They don't see themselves as broken. They legit think they're putting out great books. Legacy is just something they see as changing the pace before the next relaunch.

They seem to be aware of the loss of readership, but in their eyes, the readers are to blame. Marvel themselves are never at fault. Never.

Every comic will never be the same.

>sales have been going down
>still on top the past three months

Titles selling below 20K
Nick Fury - 12,689
America - 12,624
Monsters Unleashed - 12,033
Elektra (Final Issue) - 11,579
Kingpin (Final Issue) - 11,218
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - 10,937
Occupy Avengers - 10,404
Bullseye (Miniseries) - 10,398
Unstoppable Wasp - 8,051
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur - 7,731

Spider-Man selling in the 50ks and being beat by SuperMan...

X-Men titles in the single digits being beat by a Wonder Woman series that is 25 issues in.

>how hard they struggle to fix themselves.

as long as they're getting 40 to 50 percent of the market without the market as a whole shrinking, they don't care what you think

you're being phased out

How much is Gpool?

Needs to go lower

I forgot to include
- Captain America Sam Wilson - 18,432
- Ms. Marvel - 17,907
- Luke Cage - 17, 277
- Royals - 17,007
- Ultimates 2 - 16,801
- Rocket 16,177
- US Avengers - 15,664
- Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme - 15,129
- Spider-Man 2099 - 14,828
- Black Panther Crew - 14,634
- Hawkeye - 14,474
- Silver Surfer - 13858
- Man-Thing - 13647
- Nova 13456

What about Captain Marvel? Is my man Carol doing well?

Just a smidge above Secret Warriors at 20, 457, every marvel title after that is below 20K range

>#11 comic in the top 300 selling 70k
>DC's first non-Batman title outside the top 10 is Flash at #21 on 54k

>Spider-Man selling in the 50ks and being beat by SuperMan...

lolno

>26 23 Amazing Spider-Man 28 $3.99 Marvel 50,925
>27 22 Superman 25 $3.99 DC 50,873
>28 45 Superman 24 $2.99 DC 50,762

even ASM's second issue in June beat both Superman; first was 10k higher

Marvel also has 27 of 50 spots in the top 50 (the lowest of which is 38,500) to DC's 21, including the #1 spot

>Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 1 $4.99 Marvel 224,620

but I guess yeah if you want to talk about how Superman gets the #0 spot in the top 300 and wins erry tiem sure go ahead

lower per-title figures than we've seen in decades but a solidifying base of genuine readers would easily account for these figures; at the top end, it's still dominated by variant over-orders and events, but if the middle ground is occupied by a more genuine set of orders then it's better for retailers and the industry as a whole

if Marvel's managed that - which would only be possible by bringing in new readers - then they've won, forever

expect a second DC Implosion

Thanks, hunty.

It's weird seeing Kamala do worse than Carol.

What has she actually accomplished that makes her superior to Reed?

Tying it to Civil War 2 damaged it big time. It was at a stable 32K range for most of the original run, it started to dip following Secret Wars, but stabilized at around 28K... but the moment it tied to CW2, it started to drop like a piece of haram meat.

GWEN'S READERSHIP IS INCREASING!
Anti-gwen posters btfo, gwen ain't ever getting cancelled

My bad, I was still thinking of the May numbers, where Amazing Spider-Man was indeed beat by Superman in the charts. (51,938 to 51,404)

So yeah, my bad in that regard.

That said, I still stand by my comment that ASM should not be selling in the 50K range, it should be selling in the 90K range minimum.

And I also still stand by my comment that it's a disgrace that X-men titles in the single digit issues are being outsold by a Wonder Woman title that is 25 issues in.

Mary Jane covers man. Every book got at least a 5% bump

Yeah but gwenpools readership was at 18k in April so it's readership has increased 20% in two issues and we don't even know what this months readership was yet.

Being a successful black woman in a male oriented field?

>woman

very problematic to erase a black child's innocence like this

She's black, she looks old enough to have kids.

Not only that, but wasn't it pulling 15-16k before that? She used to have some bad sales, but she's been on an upturn as of late.

Solved the amazing Bruce Banner™ Wiimote holographic puzzle that not even Bruce himself could solve.

Relaunching also damaged Rocket Raccoon. The series pre-Secret Wars had stabilized around 30k at 10+ issues in, the relaunches all were deep in the cancellation zone by issue 4.

Civil War hurt every book because it made a lot of people stay away from marvel for months. My LCS still has a dollar bin full of civil war 2 tie ins.

>use MJ as a cover gimmick
>don't use her in the books at all beside Bendis

Is there a biggest fuck you to a character?

Moon girl is so low it would not be that hard to hunt down and identify the people that actually want to read a story about a little black girl and her pet t rex.

But Renew Your Vows exists

I hate SJW Marvel.

that isn't mainline MJm, it doesn't really count.

Like how Spider-Gwen's Reed is this 10 year old black kid with the 80's triangle haircut.

By being the newest sjw propaganda on the market.

I assume Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur aren't cancelled despite their shit numbers?

Trade sales, scholastic.

Give it a couple months ad there will be five more. Once Jane dies I'm sure Thor will stay unworthy and instead we will get a transgender non-binary native american as the next thor

They have a deal with school libraries and scholastic in America and a couple countries just like squirrel girl so don't expect it to get cancelled anytime soon.

Moon Girl is actually alright if you realize it's literally only intended to be read by 10yo girls.

So why is she in so many other books and solves both Monsters Unleashed and IvX?

because the people putting her there are retarded

Maybe they should try to be as smart as Moon Girl.

Like say how rules are created so white people can abuse them and that voting should be analyzed by IQ?

That actually makes a lot of sense

>then NO ONE will read it!

kek'd

Nope, but Nova got canned because we can't have nice things.

But mainline MJ sucks.

Nova got canned cuz it was mostly about Sam Alexander and not Richard Rider.

Squirrel Girl and MG/DD get by on trade sales thanks to being Marvel's only All-Ages books and decent sales through Scholastic.

It's just that the floppie sales are trash because their primary demo doesn't buy floppies. Which brings up the question "if the floppies sell like shit but trades sell well, then why not go OGN-only?" to which I have no answer.

Rando question: anyone has that screencap of Gabby Rivera being racist towards white people on twitter?

The funny thing is that DC is killing it with DC Superhero Girls which is OGN only.

She solved a puzzle

She's a little black girl that solved a wiimote puzzle box. That's literally it.

>inb4 she's only #1 because Reed is off planet
That may have worked with Cho and Pym, but Marvel's PR has gone on the record to say that Lunella is smarter than Reed.

Which one?

She solved a puzzlebox that Cho as hulk showed up and gave her for some reason. She asks what it means and he goes "Riri, I think it means you're the smartest person on the planet!"
And that's the validation for why she's the best. Keep in mind, Banner isn't even the smartest person on the planet, I think he's low teens and 8th at most?

>Rando
I have the screencap you're looking for, but fuck you. I won't reward anyone who uses this meme speak.

>>Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 1 $4.99 Marvel 224,620

That was a comic propped up by incentive variants, deep discounts for high orders, and also included in the Funko Subscription Box.

>bendis' Defenders not among these
It better be still in #1 with LOTS of variants and dobson'd sales.

Now I'm interested, please post user because I haven't heard about this before.
At the very least can someone give a run down of what she said.

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/30/marvel-comics-someone-from-the-top-up-for-the-chop/

>I heard whispers of this at San Diego Comic-Con, but hearing more at London Film And Comic-Con. The gossip amongst comic book professionals, a number of whom work for Marvel Comics, that Marvel is about to lose someone senior. That Disney (with a little cajoling from Kevin Feige‘s people) are demanding a scalp over the negative publicity that surrounded the publisher earlier in the year, a mix between Nazi Captain America and Diversity Disaster. Someone like Ike Perlmutter is far too powerful in the organisation, is a major shareholder of Disney and is in with the President and other senior Republican figures – and with copyright laws coming up for discussion again, he’s very well placed to help Disney keep control of Mickey Mouse and Winnie The Pooh.

>But I’m told a sacrifice is demanded. Mind you I can’t think of anyone at Marvel who wouldn’t be instantly snapped up by the competition. So any golden handcuffs are going to have to be very will-gilded indeed.

>If course, this is just the professionals gossiping and it might be as much wish-fulfillment or fear-fulfillment as with any comic book fan. I can’t deny however that there has been a lot of it from people who should be in the know. Or those who know people in the know. If anything does happen, and of course there is no guarantee it will, I’m told to expect it by New York Comic-Con in October.

It was also the #1 title for June, and all sales through Diamond are final unless otherwise stated or due to defective printing.

When it was selling in the 80k range, it probably wasn't reaching 80k subscribers twice monthly. A lot of any high-selling title is to do with over-ordering, which is to be fair encouraged by all publishers (who don't care much beyond selling to retailers, since that's all the money they get, but don't mind the odd price break for higher orders). But what we may have seen in June is lower than normal over-ordering due to retailers (and indeed real customers ordering through their LCS) putting their money into the big new Spider-Man release, temporarily bringing the ASM title down to levels more accurately reflecting the true audience.

Kind of like how Batman sells 140k/month when there's nothing competing with it, and closer to 100k/month when there's lots of in-house DC competition for $$$.

As far as X-Men go... what do you want, some kind of Heroes Reborn-style reboot? They were bound to hit rock bottom at some point, I'm just amazed it's taken nearly 30 years.

Fair enough, and good on you for owning it.

>I heard whispers of this at San Diego Comic-Con

I'm not even sure Rich Johnston is allowed into the US any more. He lives in like Slough or somewhere with his dad. Something about unpaid US taxes from when he was there on a temporary visa?

Can anybody confirm he was at SDCC17? Anybody actually see him personally?

Wasn't there some Marvel studios exec that went to Fox?

we should look at how Astonishing does in the next months to see what an X Men book that contains what fans actually like does.

Blue has the O5 most fanbase wish didnt exist
and Gold is a barely mediocre Kitty Pryde waifufaggotry book. It has Storm and Old Man Logan as almost wallpaper.

You can go to her twitter at any time and find her saying something racist and sexist against white people and men. I have no idea what specific thing those other anons are referring to, but she says anti-white, anti-male, anti-white male shit all the fucking time.

Pic related is something I just grabbed off of the front page of her twitter, and I didn't even have to scroll very far. It's pretty mild for what I've seen from her before, too.

>I can’t think of anyone at Marvel who wouldn’t be instantly snapped up by the competition
That's odd, I can think of plenty of people that could and SHOULD get the axe that DC probably wouldn't want working for them. Sana Amanat being a prime example.

I can only think of maybe 10 people that DC would probably want

There's a Nick Fury book? And Occupy Avengers is still going?

Brevoort's the editor responible for Secret Empire, but there's no way DC would hire him for anything given the shots he's taken at them in the past. Alonso coming home to Vertigo would be poetic justice.

this is why i buy nothing from marvel

Kirkman could probably confirm it.

Yeah. But Marvel Studios would fall under Kevin Feige's people.

This is marvels main problem. Dc outside of blue beetle do a good job advertising their characters so that you know what series are going on. I would find it hard to name half of marvels current series.

Well, it's no wonder. Hawkeye is actually in Occupy Avengers, and not in Hawkeye. Thor isn't in Thor, Hulk isn't in Hulk, etc etc.

Yeah, the whole "let's replace everyone with random minorities under the hood, no one will notice" is her shtick, so she's a good runner if common sense applies.

Never forget that she got to meet obama at the white house and present him with a copy of ms. marvel and he couldn't look like he was giving less of a shit about her if he tried

>tfw when no Danger Dog mini

It gets even better when it's actually an Ace/Krypto crossover epic.

This bitch legit triggers me and I want her to be fired.

Replace the world white with black and she would be fired

>and he couldn't look like he was giving less of a shit about her if he tried
He looks kinda fed up. Isn't he a fan of comics, or Spider-Man at least?

Being President ages you and wears you out. He liked Spidey and Supes iirc.

He's said in the past he liked spider-man and conan the barbarian comics and the keaton batman movies but he's never gone into much more detail.

Personal, It is good character development for her. I really hope that the writer doesn't screw this one up.

I love the last issue where she met her evil version of herself.

It was a different one, something about brown pride and down with white at the same time.

Nova got canned because it sold like shit on all fronts

100% over ship on the first fucking chapter

30 81 Nova 1 $3.99 Marvel 58,393

31 rank on units but fucking 81 on the dollar share. Nobody gave a fuck about Rich coming back.