Post mary sues

Post mary sues

you might want to start the thread by posting something related to the thread you're trying to start, you massive faggot

>knows how to bend everything but air by the time she was a toddler when every other avatar had to travel the world to learn to bend everything
>is a massive cunt to everyone and not only gets away with it, but is proven right and rewarded for doing do
>Not a mary sue

She has tons of flaws, and is just a shit character for most of the series.

Now the person I posted is a huge mary sue. Everyone tells her how she is better than everyone including superman, and every male on the show falls head over heels in love with her and tells her how great she is. In her defense she is a cutie.

there's a difference between knowing how to do something and mastering something, plus she's the friggin Avatar
and she's not a cunt you autistic piece of shit
it's actually almost commendable how far they want towards not making the Avatar a Mary Sue like Aang was
fuck you

Not OP, but you have to be kidding when you say Aang is more of a mary sue. Aang didn' master any of the elements without the help of his avatar state until the final season. He was inexperienced and naive often getting them into trouble. Aang had some qualities of a Mary Sue, but Kora is closer than him.

In all honesty, Korra gets shit on too often in the show to be a proper Mary Sue and lots of decisions she makes end up having disastrous consequences

I meant to say all, not any. He obviously mastered Air and Water in the first two seasons. But he never truly mastered earth and fire in the series. He used his avatar state to mimic mastery.

Korra is an utter failure, but she feels like a Mary Sue when the Show has to bend over backwards to find ways to make it look like she won when she really just fucked up on a gigantic scale and achieved a Pyrrhic victory at best.

Aang's lack of skill in other elements was balanced by the fact that he was an air bending prodigy with a mastery of a style that was virtually unknown to the world and difficult to counter. The only opponents that Aang ever really had trouble with were Azula and Ozai. Azula being a prodigy herself and Ozai being supped up by the comet.

>"Female character I don't like is a Mary Sue hurr durr"

Fuck off
That being said Korra is still a SHIT tho

>she's the avatar so it's okay
Like I said before, every other Avatar had to learn and travel to bend the elements
>if I call you autistic I win
Go fuck yourself, people like you are the reason discussion is impossible to have a discussion on this site
>Aang is a mary sue
So a character that had to learn and actually got reprimanded when he was being stupid is a mary sue but the one who knows everything from the get go and never got called out for being a bitch isn't?

I'm sorry I insulted your waifu

Plus you know the one eyed wonder, Zuko, he lost the Earth Kingdom to the fire nation, fucked up and almost killed everyone when he went into the avatar state, and relied on his friends to help him win. But tell me how Kora is less of a Mary sue with her being a one woman army against a man who mastered air bending better than Aang, and rarely needs help from anyone. It wasn't until the last season they started giving Kora some flaws, and actual growth, but then they threw it all away half way through the season.

Being super duper good at something isn't enough to be a Mary Sue though,she looses more fights than wins and is pretty average earth/fire/air/water bender.Her having them all as a toddler is convenient but the execution in the story isn't perfect enough.

I feel like calling Korra a Mary Sue is lazy criticism because she doesn't fit all the criteria,every Mary Sue is a badly written character but not every badly written character is a Mary sue

I wouldn't call someone who gets constantly captured or reduced to helplessness a Mary Sue.

>Says Aradia is a Mary Sue instead of Jade

tell me how my choiceis not a mary sue. And don't say that Superman is a gary stue that just isn't true. I like Supergirl in the comics but she is written as shit in the show.

Korra was just presented as someone who had mastered three elements over a decade of training, and even then, they didn't teach her modern styles of bending. She gets fucking rekt by police in the very first episode ffs. Meanwhile, Aang was established as a Mary Sue pretty much right from the beginning, with the water scroll episode. The closest Korra comes to Mary Sue territory is metalbending.

>ignoring the points I made while reiterating your own after mocking them

Yeah, nah, you're just a stupid cunt who made a shitty thread.

Aang regularly beat Zuko and the Earth Kingdom had been infiltrated for months, there's not much a small group of a children can do when it comes to inner corruption and infiltration. Korra fucked up in the Avatar state too and she also relied on others to win and save her life in various situations. Korra was handled poorly as a character but to call her a Mary Sue is misguided

Korra is a shit character, but she has way too many flaws to be considered a Mary Sue. I'm convinced half the autists who throw this term around have no idea what it actually means and just use it to describe any character they don't like.

Not Sup Forums but it's the one that pisses me off the most and is obligatory

Ronnie tbqh
>has latent reality warping powers
>eating nugs alone is enough cause for evacuation
>everyone is always asking about him and so he gets nervous and so it's OK that he stays inside
>Hawaiian shirt
>incarnation of his motivation is probably a majin
>lives with qt chinagril
>regrets

So yeah.

Oh I am not calling her a Mary Sue, I am just saying she has more qualities of one than Aang did. She fucked up way too much to be one.

Except every conceivable reality is dedicated to laughing at his misfortunes and general weirdness

I know the blade is a laser but is learning how to use a a sword that much more difficult than using a staff? Or is that not the issue here?

Are there any characters that are the opposite of a Mary Sue? Like instead of succeeding all the time they fail all the time? What's the name for a character like that?

Jade got to suffer all alone.

However to cure both of them we do require some large COCKS. Possibly of the equine variety.

this is the most autistic shit I have ever seen

I don't think she's a Mary Sue so much as she is a flat character.

>Can use a lightsaber without cutting her arm off

>Can instantly use the Jedi mind trick and telekinesis

>Is a technical wizard and knows everything about everything

Yeah, Rey was a textbook Mary Sue

A staff and a sword are two very different weapons

A staff is a weapon in which you can use the every part of it to strike, with a lightsaber like the one she is using she can only use one end, not to mention a sword and a staff have very different styles of use, it would make more sense if she was using a double bladed lightsaber.

>is constantly screwing shit up because she is impulsive and unwilling to deal with issues in ways other than violence, both in matters of magical life and death struggles AND her love life, which is so bad that cuck Star posting is a national past time

Don't be fucking silly, user. Her last thing with the golden murder power was maybe an asspull at the worst, but her character isn't even close

Though your words are clearly evidence against my point I ask that you forget them.

An Anti-Sue? or Butt Monkey?

>Jarcofags/Jackiefags think Star is a mary sue
>But they also throw feasts and orgies every time she visibly suffers on screen

Ronnie

See this was meant forTrying to fool me.

>Male character does it
>It's fine
>Female character does it
>Waaah Mary Sue
Why does this keep happening

Anthony Burch.

She was absolutely a cunt
>steals Mako
>sides against her dad
>doesn't put bolin down until after she makes out with mako in front of him

plus she never seems to learn her lesson but manages to brute force her way through 90% of the obstacles in front of her.

>>knows how to bend everything but air by the time she was a toddler when every other avatar had to travel the world to learn to bend everything
Did you really not understand the concept that she's supposed to be the opposite of Aang?

What is this

Because we're on Sup Forums

And also the broader internet I suppose

>Korra
>Mary Sue
Pick one, amigo.
She's rash, acts on impulse, and fucks up so many times throughout the whole series.

>>Is a technical wizard and knows everything about everything
Well she made a living selling used ship parts. It's not that much of a stretch that she learned something.

Sweet Dee Reynolds from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a good example

And the proper term is But-Monkey

Or the Universe's punching bag

A good deal of her stupid decisions are not recognized as stupid decisions. That's one of the bigger traits of a Mary Sue

>No Raven in the Harem.
Unaceptable.

The only one I can think about, is when she tries to expose Amon. By the end of the series though, she is less naive.

Does that explain how she is better at everything having to do with the Falcon than Han?

I mean, how the fuck does she out do Han's piloting and shit by knowing the parts to a ship

>Sweet Dee

It's her or Charlie. The gang shits on her a lot but she's just as bad of a person as them if not worse sometimes.

>there's a difference between knowing how to do something and mastering something, plus she's the friggin Avatar
No other avatar that we've seen learned how to bend the elements without traveling and learning from a master.

whos that qt in the white hat

Rey was a mary sue, or at least a very shitty character with almost no flaws.
In fact, I don't even think the writers gave her any character flaws whatsoever.

Her stupid decisions lead to terrible consequences though,the biggest being falling for her Uncles obvious scheme leading to the dark avatar stuff,same with never actually beating any of the red lotus without getting someone to save her and you can't count the number of times she gets rekt in season 3,a true Mary Sue would never get beaten as often as her look at Mabel,imagine her or Rey ever getting as much loosing as Korra,she's still terrible as a character because no one ever really calls her out on being so bratty in season 1-3 but again that just makes her a shitty protagonist not a Mary sue

Well was she really bending as a kid, or just shooting stuff? Remember, the Lion Turtles gave the powers, but it was only from studying nature that it became bending.

>No avatar that we've seen mastered the elements without traveling and learning from a master.

Fixed that for you. Tarrlok and Noatak are both shown to have discovered their bending on their own. Toph probably discovered it by herself, then learned from those animals. I wouldn't be surprised if Katara discovered it herself, and then she became pretty good on her own, even teaching Aang.

They hinted at the fact that she might have some anger issues in addition to her whole abandonment shtick, but that was about it.

Reminder that we lost Kyle "Better Dead Than Buckethead" Katarn for this shlock

Luke didn't cut of his arm either that was Vader.
His training was five minutes with a light saber on the flight to Alderan without ever having fought before, at least Ray has fought before.
We don't know how long Luke took with learning the Jedi mind trick, because we never saw him use it, but his training with Joda couldn't have been too long either, when going by the time his friends spent trying to escape from hoth.
I think adult Jedi learn very fast, and "younglings" perhaps would too, but need to be indoctrinated in the jedi religion for years. Hell, Anakin could fly a space craft as an eight year old.

>Usagi
Chibiusa might be a better fit than her.

>Kanna
I want to disagree, but on second thought, I find myself kind of unable to.

Kanna Endou from 20th Century Boys by Naoki Urasawa.

Magnificent read, by the way. I highly recommend it.

Oh boy I can't wait for her to teach Luke how to master the force

Shooting stuff is still bending.

Korra is no Mary Sue. Is a piece of shit, a terrible character that anyone would be ashamed of writing, a political mouth piece and a huge cunt.

But not a Mary Sue.

Hey, we got Kylo "laughable manchild with anger issues" Ren instead.
Fuck. ;_;

You're interpreting real time as movie time, movie time Luke trained with Ben for days going on weeks and Vader took it easy on Luke in the fight because he knew he was fighting his son and everything else is just assumptions. Luke could barely touch on the force in the first movie and was clearly inexperienced in the second until he had his training with Yoda. In comparison, Rey dueled to THE DEATH against Kylo Ren and won and even beat his telekinses even though Ren had YEARS of more training. Rey was pure fucking Mary Sue

Wow Korra is almost every bad thing under the sun except a mary sue.

I really don't like the series Korra, and I hate that damn love-triangle, but I think that makes some sense.
Those people worship the avatar. Korra has celebrity AND religious status by many people, so they wouldn't critizise her.

The rest is much more interested in using her, than in critizising her, and the consequences of her actions are dire.

In my opinion she is a hormonal teenager over her head, that has automatic hero worship because she is the avatar.

That wasn't the story I wanted to see, but it's not really that unrealistic.

>Gets defeated constantly.
>Constantly has to rely on other characters to help her, even more so than Aang did

Mary Sue

She still gets praised and condoned despite being a major fuck-up throughout the series, and her dumbest and most impulsive actions result only in slaps on the wrist from other characters - if even that. The only time I remember her getting called out on her actions was in S2, when Mako told her what a rash cunt she was being and she answers back by making a scene at the police station, thrashing a desk and breaking up with him. Any other time, any criticism she gets from other characters is lukewarm at most and she never learns anything from them.

She's like Rey from TFA; she may not be perfect or overpowered per se, but she still gets lots of unwarranted importance and deference, and never shows any signs of character growth.

Start any time, OP.

>> Aang is a balanced, harmonious soul who has to travel the world to discover the other forms of bending
>> Korra is a brash powerful bender who has to travel the world to discover peace and balance.

Goddamn user, learn to think nigga

Naruto is far from perfect, that role belonged to Sasuke

Goku isn't perfect, dude fucks up often and it's actually gotten him killed several times.

Jack Rakan is actually a parody of overpowered characters in general. He was Ken's way of making fun of them.

Negi is actually weaker than just about all of the people he faces, he wins with the help of his students

Usagi has regularly gets shit on before she gets her happy ending

Haruhi is FUCKING GOD. of course she's perfect

Since when does having super powers make someone a Mary Sue?

Not to mention that by that logic the african kids that scavenge discarded apple products for materials should be as good as electronics engineers

That would explain the state of Apple at least
commence the Sup Forums shitflinging

I think the argument is that she learned almost instantly how to use them. On the other hand, he Jedi mind trick wasn't quite perfect.

Is there an actual definition of Mary Sue at this point? It all seems so nebulous and vague as far as criticism goes.

And I mean it. She's a Mary Sue if I ever saw one.

That's because she's the chosen one. It's as plain as day.

What about Anakin?

Even Anakin had to be trained

He had to learn and had some major anger management issues later on

>Haruhi is FUCKING BITCH
ftfy

I can't really see her as a Mary Sue since we're given Kyon's perspective and he sees her as obnoxious for most of the series.

Anakin wasn't dueling with full fledged jedi and using the force in his first appearance. he had to be trained and even then he was still bested by Kenobi because had more experience

Basically any character(gender doesn't matter) whose entire existence can be summed up as "wish fulfillment"

Or to put it another way, did you ever play pretend Superheros or Cops and Robbers? Did you every have That Kid who went "No, you didn't get me, I had a secret invisible deflector shield!" That's a Mary Sue.

He wasn't the chosen one, obviously. He just fucked up.

Also doesn't "chosen one" imply gods? I never hear about any gods in Star Wars.

The point I'm making is that Haruhi's perfection is easily explained by the series because she's god. As an omnipotent being she's supposed to be perfect

As poorly written as it turned out, Anakin's story in the prequels was always meant to be a tragedy. A tragic MC has to be overpowered and overesteemed in order to make his inevitable fall harder. That's why almost all of the classic tragedies feature kings and princes.

>It's as plain as day.
And as plain as her looks.

She's a dustback. What do you expect?

wtf is this and how can I make one?