KEK

KEK

>lol if I post it enough times it will become part of le board culture!!1!

Frankly the left side looks a lot more varied than the right side.

Is he aware?

Yes and hates being called on it.

is he trying to say that if we're okay with old games from the 90s have reskin characters then we should okay when he does it? Because that's stupid.

>"I have heard the complaints about my art being too "samey", and frankly it annoys and confuses me. Yes, I tend to reuse assets for my comics, but I don't understand how anyone can completely ignore the rest of any given strip just because the characters poses are similar to the ones a week ago. The point of my comics have never been about the art, it's always been about the jokes I'm telling, which is true for 95% of webcomics. I mean, XKCD is literally just stick figures, and it's one of the most celebrated webcomics of all time! Nobody looks at an XKCD strip and says "Wow, the art in this comic sucks, therefore this whole comic sucks.""

too bad the jokes also suck and have usually been done to death

XKCD doesn't pretend to be more than it is.

But XKCD does suck...

If you have to throw XKCD under the bus to justify your laziness then it's time to take a step back and evaluate your life choices

>The point of my comics have never been about the art, it's always been about the jokes I'm telling
So, why do you care so much about the art to talk about it? Say a "Yeah, I don't care about the art, so they don't bother me that much" or something similar. Since you brought attention to those comments, you do care so don't have those passive-aggression comments

About the XKCD, they have one thing you don't. I don't know the webcomic, but they have good jokes and a style. Just write better jokes.

He's been an idiot.

Newspaper strips like Garfield made STAMPS out of their characters and recycled jokes all the time.

Comics use stat panels all the time.

Sounds like a bunch of no nothing non-artists whining.

What an idiot, he's still wrong, they had reskinned characters because of limitations on the hardware and memory not because of laziness.
This is Dobson levels of self delusion. You're working in a visual medium and wondering what's the problem with copy and paste?
Then he purposefully misses the point of reusing shit and turns it into the level of quality of the artwork and picking the one webcomic that specifically has the bare bones art as part of it's identity.

>MKII, of all games, was lazy about its character creation

Fucking die

MKII was ok but it got worse with 3 and 4.
They had only Reptile, Scorpion and Sub-zero.

Later they had: Smoke , Eniac,Noob Saibot,Ermac, Rain
And they all looked the same.

>using xkcd as an example
I will admit that this guy puts more effort into his art than the author of xkcd, but I'm amazed he can make that analogy and somehow ignore the fact that people do in fact criticize that comic for that exact reason. then again his fans are probably the same kind of people who read xkcd in the first place so it's possible he is in fact that delusional.

By MKIII, the palette swap ninjas were one of the most beloved parts of the franchise, so they kept adding new ones. They were easy to make, so the staff didn't mind their popularity.

In their defense, I think Smoke is the only one of the those later ones who wasn't a joke character in some regard.

To be fair to NRS, people love the ninjas. It's like Street Fighter and Shotoclones. People love them, so why not make more?

Today, I will remind them.

>94278150
i wont even try to give you a (you)