IF I BELIEVED I COULD FLY

WHY I'D FLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!)

CLEARLY I

WILL GO SAILING

NO MORE

f

f

Mrs. Nesbitt has the darkest origin story.

f

>tfw your favorite kids movie turns into a heartbreaking existential crisis

Buzz is dead
Go tell King DeDeDe

Do you guys think that Woody once thought he was a real cowboy too and that's why he's so bitter to Buzz at the beginning?

F

I'll give that a 10 out of 10, OP

You know that's an interesting theory but if that was the case wouldn't he have said that?

Truly this is the darkest timeline.

F

some people keep thier issues repressed

F

F

Most likely, Woody didn't want Buzz to find out the hard way which eventually did.

F

F

>that moment when his momentum runs out and he begins to fall

Does anyone have any orange slices?

L O L

fucksake

F

F

The first time in my childhood I cri'd evrytime

F

BUZZ WILL FLY, ALL RIGHT

JUST LIKE A ROCK

I can't remember, did the toys feel pain? I remember the bit where woody dunks his head after the Sid torture but I also figure that could just be him freaking out over the result.

If they did then I can't imagine how brutal it would feel to fall from such a height that your arm actually pops right out of its socket upon impact

Archimedes losing his shit is one of the funniest Disney scenes ever.

How do you find out that you aren't a cowboy the hard way? Bad day at the rodeo?

>tfw you accept your insignificant existence.

Hit close to home.

Most Toys probably act like the characters theyre based on until they realize what they are when they see the box that they came in. Buzzes case was that he was packaged in a box that looked like a spaceship and he came to life in an Alien World as he viewed it which only served to solidify his persona as the actual Buzz Lightyear. The only real issue with Buzz is that he knows to go limp/mute when humans interact with him. You could argue that he thought that it'd be best to feign death/stay still when being handled by giant aliens, but he referred to Andy as the chief after he wrote his name on his boots so you'd think he would have at least tried to communicate with him as a star commander that seeks peace/coexistence in the galaxy.

But that's just a gay ass theory

God dammit user

My headcanon was always that a toy's biological reaction to being hamdled by a human is to go limp. Whether they believe themselves to be toys or not, the natural reaction for a toy to have is to become a toy in the hamds of a human.

F

F

F

My "toy" gets hard when I handle it..

I always thought Buzz was unique because he was a modern toy with electronic parts, voice etc. and that programmed him into believing they were all real powers and thoughts. Kind of a Small Soldiers situation

>filename

>The only real issue with Buzz is that he knows to go limp/mute when humans interact with him. You could argue that he thought that it'd be best to feign death/stay still when being handled by giant aliens, but he referred to Andy as the chief after he wrote his name on his boots so you'd think he would have at least tried to communicate with him as a star commander that seeks peace/coexistence in the galaxy.

Director and writters said that going in "toy-like state" is instinctive to the toys. Almost automatic, they can go against it, but it just "comes" to them.

That's pretty much what I figured as well. Buzz and the other Star Command toy range were in the unique situation of their realities accommodating the delusion.

F

They do, that's how Woody notices his hand is burning from the light

Which climax did you guys enjoy more: Buzz falling with style, Woody's Finest Hour, or the toys accepting death in the incinerator?

Not fly. Fall good.

youtube.com/watch?v=2dOZFu4QuRU

To call Randy Newman's lyrics "a little on the nose" would be like saying it gets a little bit dark in the Mariana Trench.

Still better than Phil Collins.

You need to listen to more of his stuff for a better perspective. Here's a classic.
youtu.be/v8UVBgUd9GE

Holy fuck I thought Tim Allen was dead because of this thread.

Is that last line a like reference to "Beyond the Sea"?

Same. Scared the shit out of me.

Dammit user!

kek

This is a genuinely good song.

Oh, no you don't, you assholes! Don't you dare get that depressing song stuck in my head!

youtube.com/watch?v=xgRT5BGm7HM

Holy fuck that was good.

>Do you guys think that Woody once thought he was a real cowboy too and that's why he's so bitter to Buzz at the beginning?
very likely

I don't get it

overall I agree with this, also figure it was worse for Buzz than with most of the other Toys Andy owns because he's an example of modern toyline design where there's a whole story and universe crafted around the toys(which in my opinion is backed up by those dinosaur toys from that one short)

I died.

Man, part of me is happy that KH3 is doing original plots for the Disney worlds. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want shit like this to go down in the Toy Story world.

>SORA, LOOK A HEARTLESS!
>WHERE?!

The fact that Woody couldn't even remember that he was a beloved cultural icon leads me to believe that the memory of toys just fades over time.

If they don't got to Pizza Planet, KH3 gets a 0/10 from me.

f

i want my childhood back

there's no reason for that to be as good as it is

>to infinity, and BEEEYOND

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uoB_MDSkHms

>tfw all sorts of good animated movies since Toy Story but none of them had a personal and effective scene like this.

okay but what if he actually flew

Ok, but in the Buzz Lightyear universe, are the suits intended for interplanetary travel?

You guys ever think that maybe it was just Buzz because he had digital components inside? That would also be a good theory for why he can be factory reset back to his Buzz Lightyear persona

jesus my sides

Woody's Finest Hour. Toy Story 2 is my favorite Toy Story. Heck, favorite Pixar movie.

The end of the first movie implied that he could glide .If he dove and then pulled himself back up, he might've made it.

Are you joking? He was able to glide because he had a large amount of momentum from the rocket shooting up in the air. The only thrust he had when trying to go through the window was his own feet jumping off the railing.