Still believe there isn't a gay agenda in modern comics (especially Marvel)?

I mean, look at this shit. This is homo propaganda. Why is this happening to comics?

People were saying Marvel had a gay agenda all the way back to the first X-Men movie.

Isn't this from that godawful self-inset comic about the hispanic chick from the lesbian planet?

>The X-Men don't have a gay agenda

What fucking century are you from?

Please tell me this is an edit

To quote Rocket Raccoon, IT'S REAL!

Can Sup Forums stop sucking Rivera's dick for a day?

Marvel has always pushed leftist progressive views since its very inception, DC as well. You've gotten old and realized none of it makes sense or is too pervasive to be acceptable.

Of course it doesn't help that the writing is exhaustively repetitive and trite.

It's real
Marvel hired a shitty novice writer because DIVERSITY!!

Agenda's are a secondary issue to Marvel's biggest problem: No editorial direction.

I swear Marvel Comics seems to actively hate their product, not just the characters they don't hold the rights to.

If a character is not a recent baby from one of their darling writers, it gets to lick lead paint while the real new heroes show them up.

Why do you keep making these threads OP?

Don't like - don't buy/pirate/read

He's desperate for attention

Wich worse part the blocks of text or the art?

>Marvel has always pushed leftist progressive views since its very inception, DC as well.
Not to this extreme. Not at all. And in the past there was still a healthy amount of cheesecake/fanservice to balance things out. That's all gone now.

Requesting somebody post a few Sonichu pages so we can compare the dialogue.

Not really DC though. DC has a pretty healthy balance of Conservative characters. Hawkman, Hal Jordan, Wally West, Icon, most likely Batman, just to name a few

>a few pages later dreadlocks lesbian stabs Mexican lesbian

But OP, Marvel is properly representing the fact that lesbians are statistically the most physically abusive of their partners in LGBT relationships

>Those characters
>Conservative

oh you!

It's some awkward-ass dialogue, but I don't really see how it's gay propaganda.

What exactly would the end goal/purpose of gay propaganda even be?

Maybe not Batman, but the other 4 actually are Conservatives. It's been discussed in the comics.

you are homophobic trash

I'm sure a ton of "Edgy Signaling" artists legitimately like to draw the overly-buff, ridiculous muscled figures with brooding 12-packs and a dozen gun holsters, that doesn't mean they'd have as much of an outlet for their works if the company behind them didn't enable them.

Why aren't you complaining about Edge Signaling user? Don't you care how Edgy Signaling is ruining the quality of comics? For god's sake, think of the children! Artists have free reign obviously, but their Edge Signaling is harming comics clear and simple! It's all a political conspiracy, there's no money involved with Edge Signaling, the artists are like, compromised man. Why don't you care about Edge Signaling when artists like Rob Liefeld continue to push their Edge Ideology, this agenda is harmful and destructive to comics! They purposefully add in Edge Signaling, I'm angry at them for their Edge Signaling when quality continues to suffer. Their are some good examples of Edge Signaling, like Cable, but most Edge Signaling is corrosive to comics as a whole.

Right, because Marketing teams aren't dangling that over you so you'll find the closest equivalent to complain about.

So what are some decent gay characters? Who is the Arcade Gannon of Sup Forums?

>Icon
Icon is a Milestone character.

FUCK GAYS I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT

ANAL SEX IS FUCKING GROSS AND IMMORAL AND YOU'RE ONLY DOING IT BECAUSE YOU CAN ANTAGONIZE PEOPLE WITHOUT BREAKING ANY LAWS

ENJOY YOUR INCONTINENCE YOU SNOWFLAKE FAGS

Your response is incoherent. "Edgy" characters aren't pushing a degenerate political or social agenda, they're just stupid.

Wow so you're just some kind of disgusting perv who wants to read glorified cheesecake?
There's hentai for that.
I don't know if these comics, quality wise are good.. I mean, probably not.
But I'm just loving them because they finally are starting to knock Capeshit down a peg. Maybe we can finally get some other types of comics for once.

Text, easily. Ugly faces aside the art isn't that bad. The writing is something else.

If you remove the text the art actually speaks for itself. Kate is looking wistfully at them. That's all you need.

Who was adapted into DC when DC bought Milestone.

To be fair these are some pretty scary homos

>Sup Forums will say that there's no agenda here and whoever say otherwise is Sup Forums

> "Edgy" characters aren't pushing a degenerate political or social agenda

Aren't they though?

Aren't they?

Fuck faggotw!!!!1 make america gerat again!

Oh? That's okay then, cool I'm glad to know.
Hey everyone let's push in EPIC Edge Signaling back XD and some Deviant art OCs- Ted from marketing told me those ones aren't really ideological at all so it's cool. Quality can be shit and we can throw in some Diaper fetishes and Furry Signaling as well, there's no social agenda behind that. We're good to go guys!

Again, incoherent. But you do you mate.

Kind of funny how the only ones who deny a gay agenda are those pushing a gay agenda.

>Ugly faces aside the art isn't that bad

I really think it's unfair to claim the writer of America is pushing an agenda.

I think she is just a beyond terrible author.

This reads like an Edit if someone added the references via changing their dialog.
What's bizarre is the art and rest of the comic seems cool and coherent but they're referencing Gamergate# for some reason.

Indeed, with only 9 heroes total in DC, those uh, are a really great balance

>What is the end game
Make people not hate gays, I guess

>An user on Sup Forums complaining about degeneracy
Take your (You)

Batman is not a fucking conservative. His moralistic qualms almost never have direct correlation to US leftist/rightist political stances.

>I'm literally intrigued and in awe of both of them

>This is what marvel considers acceptable writing

I just want to know one thing.
How hard did this shit fail in sales?

But Rocket Raccoon is Marvel's "new" hotness right now? I advocate for more furshit in comics! :3c

Why are you so dismissive of Edge Signaling?
Do you want the quality of good ol' Cape Comics to suffer or something? Are you a masochist or some Comic Igniter trying to destroy them with your Agenda?

I think maybe you're the problem user, what's with this Comic Igniter Social Agenda of yours?

I didn't even mention virtue signaling. Dude just fuck off at this point

>Trying this hard to dismiss edge signaling
It's like you want the comic industry to suffer

You're standards are high if you think that's not tolerable as part of the background. Some of the shit you see in comics these days is just awful.

Holy crap, looks like Sonichu with a slightly higher budget and orthographic correction.

ITT: Faggots who started reading comics in the last five years think they're blowing the lid off an SJW conspiracy by pointing out Marvel's hamfisted writing.

Marvel always leaned left.

Marvel always preached.

Marvel was always hamfisted.

Can you even be figuratively in awe?

You can just replace every instance of Marvel in your post with comics.

Why can't they just make a character gay without pointing it out in the most obnoxious way possible?

Only source I've found says issue #1 sold 43,592 copies, whereas issue #4 sold 12,624 copies. It's currently on issue #5.

They already have

Their names are Gus and Wally

True enough, but Marvel does it a lot more...they were always more left leaning.

Also the pic you posted at least was published during a time where government-enforced segregation was an active issue in the country so at least it was relevant for its time.

Bad writing. But then again, some cartoons did gay characters subtlety & there was still complaints.

They have, repeatedly. America is just an obnoxious comic all around.

But EC also published comics about all kinds of bigotry.

Man, 1953 and they knocked it out of the park.

>not knowing to go to comichron for monthly sales

fucking casuals

That is a comic no-one bought from 2015 though.

That's where I got those figures, buddy.

That's not even my favorite one.

Miss America comes out once a month OP. Please try to get your (you) ration at the duly appointed time.

>Make people not hate gays, I guess

It's backfiring

People tend to hate what they're told they have to like

What kind of fucking exposition is that?

Is she narrating it for herself?
Is she describing her feelings?

Just what the fuck is this?

Pretty sure faggots hated faggots before America was widely derided on a monthly basis, user.

Look - we all know this thread is an excuse to bitch about CURRENT YEAR (but actually sometimes several years ago) comics shit that offends thin-skinned conservatives who believe in so-called "traditional values" etc.

I'm not gonna go to bat for America, which is complete garbage, but I don't see an inherent problem in there being an America comic. You do. That's the basic point of difference. I think Marvel is really shit right now because of terrible writing and editing and completely fucked-up marketing, and you think it's shit because of the gays (and maybe the aforementioned shit too). The gays have been around in comics for a long time, and sometimes in good comics too.

To normalise the dynamic of their relationships.

>Still believe there isn't a gay agenda
What's the agenda? Make gay's presence more prominent. it's not an agenda it's a direct consequence of it. An agenda is when you tryto pushe for something to happens. If it happens by just doing it, then it's not an agenda anymore, it's a realised action.

Also, why is it an issue?

Wally (OG Wally) literally described himself as a "midwest conservative". Barry is pretty conservative too. It's why he and Ollie Queen didn't see eye-to-eye. Hawkman is Rush Limbaugh with a mace sometimes. Icon is pretty conservative. Hal is... Hal.

I hate it when people explain their feelings.
It makes very angry.

>Hawkman is Rush Limbaugh with a mace sometimes
Where?

It reads like someone wrote what was supposed to be conveyed there through actual writing and forgot to ever write over it.

This is more of a "Gay" problem than a "Comic" or "Gay Comic" problem. Have you seen gays lately? Even they're a bit miffed about the Gay Pride and Parade issue.

Oi'm litra-lee intreeged an' in awe ov' bof'va dem. If dis iz wot it'z loik ta foit wif Humies, den Oi applaud all da Boyz foitin' Humies roit naow cuz dis iz Zoggin Orky. Warbike GorkaMorka race? Got'em. Rokkits an' Big Boomz? Got'em.

An' naow "We'ze jus' flyin' off too-geva in da skoi, headin ta a joi-ant pile o' Dakka." Oi'z swear if dey cum back Goin on a Waaaugh Oi'm gonna be so jealous. *sigh* Always da Warboss's best FlashGit, neva da FlashGit-Warboss.

>that entire speech bubble
WTF

fucking lol

They're related tho.
The result of the former has lead to the latter.
And it harms everyone.
Think of it this way, imagine I'm someone who absolutely loves gays and blacks and wants a lesbian dreadlock superhero, with front page covers and big-issue cameos to get great stories and writing.

Well now, I won't get that because CURRENT YEAR problems, with fucky marketing like you said lead to the problem of the 'gays' which distorts them into what looks like an anti-gay propaganda film or something.

And if you don't like the things I mentioned- That feels bad too. Everyone loses, and quality suffers. Even faggots suffer because they cannot see Gay characters without being treated like token advertisements instead of just being treated fairly like people.

>What's the agenda?
To sell more comics to people who don't buy comics. That's what Marvel's Marketing is pushing.

It doesn't make for very good comics. Or gay characters. It doesn't even make for better sales. Commercialized agendas kinda suck like that.

I think what bothers me the most about this is how much they try to force it as
>LOOK HOW NORMAL, HAPPY AND HEALTHY THEY ARE. SEE? IT'S NORMAL.
when it's a written product, people are aware at some level it's a written product, and if the defining characteristic of them is them being gay and proud of it, that is a very unbelievable character and leaves a bad taste in everyones' mouth.

they are shittily written and if they wrote them as characters who happened to have homosexual romances on the side and it wasn't so
>LOOK, LOOK BEHOLD THE GAY ROMANCE
then I wouldn't mind, as long as it seemed realistic, which real relationships are messy and fucked up.

To be fair, the biker chick turned out to be a villain, but yeah, they still idealize lesbian relationships.

They're not really related IMO. You either have a fundamental problem with gay people being in comic books or you don't. I don't; I got into comics in the 2000s and one of the first older books I read was Suicide Squad from the 80s: I remember Midnighter and Apollo, Lord Fanny, that one engineer who was a late-in-life homo from the Skawd - these were in the first comics I was reading.

The fact that the books are bad is down to something different than that they have gay people in them to me. Maybe for you, it's different.

(And as I say, I'm not defending that shit in the OP - nor is any actual IRL gay person that I know)

Checking

Hooray! You aren't banned!
What post did you have deleted?

>Disliking Villalobos
Get a load of this faggot

People don't like him because he doesn't draw pretty people.

>Literally

It's not a problem with "Gay people in comics."
It's just that cape comics are turning into "Gay comics", where we get really blatant gay for the sake of gay instead of telling actual stories or good writing.

Here's something more particular about what I mean, I've always find the criticism of 'Cape Genre' being secluded in itself rather finicky. One might think with the inclusion of Gay characters, that might help break the mold a little, maybe give us more dynamic storytelling that doesn't follow the industries cookie cutter outline and leads to exploration.

But we don't.
It's just the 'gay' part slapped on like a sticker. They're meticulous to distort- but not distort, their capeshit brand (Something bad and formulaic), and provide the inclusion of gay chars in a way that's predictably bad with what they already have going. I'm not saying without the Gay characters they'd suddenly become good, but that adding it the way they do, doesn't have that effect either.
>The fact that the books are bad is down to something different than that they have gay people in them to me.
It's both DESU. They could have books that are good with gay chars to make them better. Instead they choose to do neither. Which is sad and telling how shit they are at this.

*Lesbian Dimension

>This is homo propaganda
Who cares, comics aren't for kids anymore, specially Marvel

Take Batman and Hawkman off that list please.

This is just hilarious given who published it.

>To comics
No just capeshit. And even then Ennis is writing a Punisher miniseries.

>tfw gay
>tfw apparently shitty horrible comics like this are apparently my fault now

Who's your favourite gay comics character user?

I don't really think I have one desu.
My favorite comic character is Swamp Thing but hes pretty fucking straight. I heard that Midnighter is good but I haven't read it myself.

Damn, you're a faggot. I was prepping my L O N D O N and everything.

Midnighter is good, both the recent miniseries and the Midnighter and Apollo series Ennis did.